Nursing Through Preganancy - Support Only - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2008, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still nursing my 28 month old. At the beginning I wasn't sure what we were going to do, but I just couldn't wean him. And I'm happy I didn't. He doesn't really nurse a set number of times a day, but definitely at bedtime and naptime. And first thing in the morning. And if I sit down he uses me as a walkup milk bar for a minute - LOL!

I get contractions when he nurses as well, but they stop the second he stops so I haven't been worried. I mentioned it to my mw and she wasn't concerned either, so unless they get worse I won't worry. My main concern now is how he'll take the new little one, but I think it will all work out. Tandem nursing here I come! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 PM

We're still going here as well. DS is officially 2.5 and he is going strong for sure! He nurses to bed and at naptime, then usually upon waking both times, as well as a few random times during the day. And that's cutting back!

I get a lot of contractions as well when I nurse DS, but they aren't painful per se. I mean, they don't feel good, but they're not "real" contractions so I'm not concerned about them. It is sometimes hard to position DS though so he's not touching my belly while nursing, especially when I'm sitting and not lying down.

What I did with DD when DS was born was to let her have a kind of free-for-all with the nursing for the first couple months. Then I started putting limits back on her for my sanity. I will probably do the same this time and see how it goes.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 PM

I'm still nursing my 2 year old dd. I have actually had her cut back to just one bedtime nursing session....it's just sooooo painful on my poor nipples!!! I imagine that once I get some milk, she'll want to nurse all the time again and I'm cool with that... Hopefully it will help her bond with the baby! I haven't felt any contractions while nursing...unless I just don't notice them! Sometimes everything gets all tight, but it just seems like the baby pressing it's butt into my ribs....maybe it's a BH thought ---- who knows!!! Congrats to all of you nursing mommas!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

the water is helping ALOT!!!! we are now nursing to sleep again, which is great for us b/c sleep w/o nursing to sleep was getting horrendous.

i usually have to drink at least 16 ounces of water per nursing session but thats ok..at least the pain is subsiding.

User Tag List