Weekly Chit Chat 3/16 - 3/22 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Having a VBAc after a failed homebirth, I don't think a doppler is really going to be optional. I'm ok with that and my gut says it's not harmful- if that means anything.

I'm sorry to hear that you're all feeling crumby. I feel great and I just cleaned all the bathrooms, kitchen and did a few loads of laundry. I'm about to vacuum and maybe actually FOLD the laundry.

I've been going to something here called birthnetwork and I'm really enjoying it. I've got a meeting tonight so I'm going to get cleaned up in a bit and have some grown up time this evening. You should all look it up and see if there's a chapter in your area. It's really informative and nice to chat with birth professionals and other natural minded pregnant women.
#62 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh I wish I had energy to do all that. I went shopping at the ONLY TWO "health" stores in all of San Angelo. They were so tiny and SOOO expensive. I guess Im used to being right where a lot of the things are produced (northern california) so the prices aren't inflated...

Ohhhh, and has anyone used Brewers Yeast Tablets/Powder. Does it really work. The lady at one of the stores gave me a list of things that were ok to take nursing while pregnant. She said red raspberry, marshmallow, fennel seed, and the brewers yeast, although she said the yeast can make babies colicky and gassy.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#63 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM

Do you guys know where or how to buy fenugreek? DH has been looking all over for it for a dahl recipe, but we haven't been able to find it...I know some pg or nursing mamas use this (or maybe it's TTC mamas, I can't remember) but I thought maybe you guys would know. We need the actual herb.

Anyhow, so sorry to hear how many of you guys are feeling like crud. Not to rub salt on a wound, but I feel spectacular. THIS is how I thought pregnancy would feel - alive, alert, happy, with energy! I just hope I don't burn out! I need to keep functioning at this wonderful level!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#64 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 PM

Joro - your meeting sounds like fun,and I, too am jealous of the energy you had today! Glad you had it, though!

I stayed home from work today after waking up exhausted. I missed my nap yesterday afternoon, and when I do that, I get slammed the next day. It's so amazing to be this affected in my energy level, but I will just respect it and give my body the rest it wants. I've had 2 90-minute naps today, so now I'm just trying to catch up on all the eating and drinking I've missed!

ETA: Carrie, so glad to hear you're feeling better. Do you have a local Indian market? Or... hmmm, you tried Whole Foods? Maybe you could just order it online.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#65 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 06:14 PM

Frontier carries fenugeek but its not recommended for pregnancy. its great for nursing and building milk supply though.

i have to clean the house b/c we are having a doula come by for an interview on friday. i honestly dont even know what to ask her. i should probably think about that more! lol!

the more i think about my trip to Ga., the more i think im a complete idiot for saving a few thousand on a car by buying it out of state! lol! Im saying that kind of tongue in cheek b/c the baby and I will get a mini vacation in NYC, one of my favorite places in the world...but still....its giong to be a long drive from Ga. to NYC.

warning: dont read below if you are sensitive about hearing horrible horrible things.

oh, and where im going? Columbus Ga..thats the place where they found the dad and his 3 kids today, in a car, murdered (well, murder suicide...2 23 month old twins and a baby). that is just really depressing me. I just cant believe that is where I am going to be next Tuesday.
#66 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 06:40 PM

Baby Cakes - I second Frontier

Passionate Writer - That is so sad!!
#67 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie, just letting you know fenugreek isn't good for pregnant women. It is to up milk supply. And I don't know about the actual herb, there are several health stores from where i am from that carry the actual herbs and not just the pills but I am having so much trouble finding stuff I need here in TX. Ahhh how I miss northern cal...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#68 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 11:26 PM

Thanks all! Just to let you guys know, it's not for me to use at all! I'm glad you guys are telling me though, just in case. Chris wants to make an indian recipe, and it calls for about a small amount of fenugreek and I knew I had heard of the herb on TTC boards or something. So thanks - Frontier looks AWESOME and they have coriander seeds, too! Jackpot!

Tara - before you go for that 20 week u/s, just make sure your doc or the tech who does it KNOWS you do not under any circumstance want the gender revealed. They do a good job of not letting it show. They can avoid the area, turn the monitor off, or swivel it around to make sure you don't see. Just make sure you're clear - otherwise you may be disappointed and that would suck. (PS - I'm totally having boy vibes, too...)

AAM - Another great day energy wise and mood wise under my belt. I love it. I love life. I'm so glad I made it through the first phase, as this really has been an intense journey for me.

You know what else? I wanted to tell my co-workers for the past few weeks b/c I felt so miserable, and I just wanted sympathy/pity/that sort of thing...but I'm really glad that I didn't. I'm really glad that I'll be able to share the news with them (next week, yikes) when I'm feeling great and I'll be able to be a happy person who isn't feeling like crap. They'll be excited and so will I, instead of listless and pukey. Just a thought I had today...

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#69 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 AM

Feenugreek in large enough qauntities to help up milk supply has been considered questionable by some during pregancy because it can cause uterine contractions. Though my midwife said she hasn't seen enough substainal research to worry her. Though I also know a doula who is very concerned about it. So I guess the jury is out. I used it at the madicainl dose during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy (6 before I knew I was pregnant) to help my milk supply for my toddler, and I seem to be a healthy pregnant woman at this point. But thats only an atedote about the medicanl use.

On the other hand Fenugreek is literally in almost every savory single indian dish you can name, it is a key ingrediant in the herb/spice mix that is used in like all indian cooking. Though really fairly small ammounts once you consider the entire spice mix. And it's cooked, and we all know cooking chnaged the property of things. I think if were dangerous to eat in your food, cooked, then there would be no healthy pregnant women in India. In light of the fact that that is the fastest growing population in the world currently (they beat China this year) I don't think they are having a problem getting and staying pregnant.

Sorry, my daughter/brother/Aunt have Celiac (auto-immune disease that makes you totally gluten intollerant), so I have learned to be very very well versed on every tiny ingrediant in everything we eat. It is a matter of life and death at this house. Luckily my pediatrition is an Indian woman who has helped me learn alot about this particular cusine.
#70 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Does anyone else ever experience that weird, surreal feeling that you're not really pregnant? Sometimes, I just feel like I'm pretending...like it's all make-believe...then I remember that I'm not menstruating, and of course that's a pretty big signal...that and the tightness of my pants and bras.

Anyway, sometimes I feel like it's all a dream.
#71 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 01:31 PM

Thanks Carrie, I'll be sure to make it very clear! I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better! That gives me hope that in a couple weeks I'll be regaining some strength!

AAM I did end up feeling better after my nap yesterday so I actually got quite a bit done yesterday afternoon/evening. I went and bought a new phone (Samsung Blast). It's so cool! Then I went and saw a movie, "Definitely, Maybe." Then I went shopping. I got Preggie Pop Drops because I'm desperate and it can't hurt to try and then I had to buy baby shower gifts for 2 of my cousins (sisters!). Their joint baby shower is this weekend while my family is all together for Easter. I love looking at baby stuff!!! Unfortunately, they're registered at Baby's R Us (ick, I know) so I had to suffer through some of that crap but still fun to look at furniture and such. I felt so silly looking through their registries and thinking, "No, I'm not buying you that....I don't believe it's best for your baby." I felt so judgemental and bad for boycotting their mainstream ideas. Sheesh. Anyway, then I went to Target to get giftwrap and headed home to wrap it all! And, I had a sudden craving for Rootbeer so I had to get a 20oz at Target. Haha! The best part of the day?....I felt good enough by the time DH got home to pay him some attention! So enjoyable. I've forgotten how much I love showing my love for him!

Feeling pretty good today but I got a LOT of sleep. I had some nausea early in the morning when DH got up to get ready for work but I was able to go back to sleep.
#72 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!!! No more school for a week! Yeah!!!!

I need to call our midwife and set up a time tomorrow for my first prenatal, then we're going camping! I love camping!! And then my family will be here! So I doubt I'll be online much. Gotta remember to take my belly pic today before chaos reins.

You lovely ladies on your way out of 1st trimesterdom are making me feel like there's hope! I may actually be able to do a full days worth of activities again?

Russianthistle - I do actually go for sometime forgetting that I'm pg and then suddenly it'll hit me again. This morning was one of them. With no baby bump yet, very mild m/s and choosing to opt for no u/s or doppler use... all I've got to go on is that I still haven't bled, my boobs are huge and sore, and every time I sneeze it feels like my uterus is going to shoot out of my body. This morning I sat bolt upright in bed totally blown away with the thought, "I'm having a BABY!" Sometimes I forget what's at the end of this journey called pregnancy.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#73 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You lovely ladies on your way out of 1st trimesterdom are making me feel like there's hope! I may actually be able to do a full days worth of activities again?
I agree....I feel like such a sloth right now!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#74 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 03:54 PM

Yay Amber Lion! I hope you enjoy your week off! I don't remember my last one. I have a toddler! I certainly wouldn't trade her though.

Russianthistle - I get that feeling too. With my first I was constantly sick, so I always had a reminder. This time, it's more sporadic and sometimes it surprises me still. I get a wave of nausea and have a moment of "where did that come from?". I still get excited when I remember " oh yeah, I'm pregnant!"

Well, yesterday I went to a Legislative meeting. I've never been to one before. It was really interesting. It was to discuss legalizing homebirth midwives here in NC. The first couple of speakers didn't really seem to say anything that would help or hurt. Then someone from the group that certifies mw's (NARM?) spoke and she really knew her stuff. I was glad to hear such a great voice for CPM's. Then, of course, they had someone opposed speak, and really, he was an idiot. He quoted statistics multiple times, but he changed the numbers each time. And he kept harping about education and that since CNM's have to have a BS degree, and CPM's don't, he kept saying that a CPM could be a "high school dropout". Then he really stirred the pot when he said that having a homebirth was like driving without a seat belt. Not safe but some people do it anyway. When someone mentioned that the CPM could be like the seat belt, the audience clapped. Well, apparently that was not allowed because the Co-chair threatened to clear the room. Could she not just say, "clapping is not allowed."? I didn't know that and I'm sure I wasn't the only person there who had never been to a legislative meeting. Anyway, he shot himself in the foot when someone asked him if CPM's were legalized, would he be interested in overseeing them. It was amazing how big-headed he got in that moment. I was glad to hear someone else remind him that the committee was not deciding whether to legalize homebirth. Just the midwives participation in the homebirth. Anyway, for the opposition, he didn't do much good.

Sorry to ramble. I just needed to share that.

On another note, I actually slept 9.5 hours straight last night. That's the first time in weeks. I usually have to pee about 3 or 4 am. I made it to 7 this morning. I hope that uterus is "moving on up" off my bladder. I sure am looking forward to the 2nd trimester. Not long now.

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
#75 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 04:01 PM

^That sounds like a great meeting! What an awesome experience for you!
#76 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 04:39 PM

I am really torn on "legalizing" midwives..they did that here in NH and well, now they regulate them out of helping alot of women (including myself). Its reallya struggle.
#77 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianthistle View Post
Does anyone else ever experience that weird, surreal feeling that you're not really pregnant? Sometimes, I just feel like I'm pretending...like it's all make-believe...then I remember that I'm not menstruating, and of course that's a pretty big signal...that and the tightness of my pants and bras.

I totally feel like this. Sometimes I feel like this with my ds and he is 19 months old. Ack, he is 20 months old now. I tried so long to get pregnant, it was so hard to believe it when it happened. This time it was way to easy, which also seems to make it hard to believe

so, I am getting boy vibes too, but I dont know if its because its actually a boy or because I WANT a boy. I think I want a boy because I already have and know what to do, but with a girl, it will be all new territory... and thats scary! and expensive!

I thought ds was a boy until a u/s tech told me he was a girl at 14 weeks. I spent 6 weeks thinking he was a girl after all. Until the 20 week u/s.
#78 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
I am really torn on "legalizing" midwives..they did that here in NH and well, now they regulate them out of helping alot of women (including myself). Its reallya struggle.
I feel so dumb but i had no idea that MW were illegal!

#79 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post

I need to call our midwife and set up a time tomorrow for my first prenatal, then we're going camping! I love camping!!
I'm quite envious of you at the moment. It is chilling here...and there is so much snow that seeing grass is like spotting some rare bird species or something. I'm done with the cold! I wish I could go camping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccrunchymama View Post
And he kept harping about education and that since CNM's have to have a BS degree, and CPM's don't, he kept saying that a CPM could be a "high school dropout". Then he really stirred the pot when he said that having a homebirth was like driving without a seat belt. Not safe but some people do it anyway. When someone mentioned that the CPM could be like the seat belt, the audience clapped. Well, apparently that was not allowed because the Co-chair threatened to clear the room. Could she not just say, "clapping is not allowed."?
It is amazing to me how people who have never experienced or witnessed a home birth can suggest that it is like driving w/o a seat belt. It's amazing how judgmental people can be toward home birthing in general.

Quote:
I am really torn on "legalizing"
midwives..they did that here in NH and well, now they regulate them out of helping alot of women (including myself). Its reallya struggle.
Here, in Michigan, we have traditional lay midwives...there are really no laws restricting midwifery. I like the way it is here.

I know that the same kind of thing happened in Canada to some degree...it was legalized then gov't regulated...not something that worked as well as officials may perceive.

Perhaps it will always be a struggle, this adversity against midwives and home birthing. Nevertheless, I sure hope that our society sees the error of medicalizing absolutely everything under the sun.
#80 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 PM

I actually managed to clean my house yesterday! Yes! My energy is finally coming back! Woohoo!
#81 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
I feel so dumb but i had no idea that MW were illegal!

well, they arent illegal in most states.

in NH, however, CNM's can no longer attend a VBAC outside a hospital (could 2 years ago w/ my VBAC). CPM's cant atttend a VBAC w/ more than 1 c/s...

.....see how it goes?

also, neither can attend a twin homebirth...

nor prob. GB+ pre E etc. etc. etc.
#82 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Here, in Michigan, we have traditional lay midwives...there are really no laws restricting midwifery. I like the way it is here.

I know that the same kind of thing happened in Canada to some degree...it was legalized then gov't regulated...not something that worked as well as officials may perceive.

Perhaps it will always be a struggle, this adversity against midwives and home birthing. Nevertheless, I sure hope that our society sees the error of medicalizing absolutely everything under the sun.
Quote:
well, they arent illegal in most states.

in NH, however, CNM's can no longer attend a VBAC outside a hospital (could 2 years ago w/ my VBAC). CPM's cant atttend a VBAC w/ more than 1 c/s...

.....see how it goes?

also, neither can attend a twin homebirth...

nor prob. GB+ pre E etc. etc. etc.
Yeah, these things do worry me. If they put too many restrictions on what a CPM can attend, then you still end up with the choice of hosp or UC and while that is not a problem for some women, it really sucks for the others. The main advantage I see, is that if they can legally attend, then in those few cases that do need hosp transfers, at least the MW can go with the mother so that the hosp staff knows what's been happening. As it is now, the mother is on her own.

#83 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I would travel to another state to give birth.

#84 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccrunchymama View Post
Well, yesterday I went to a Legislative meeting. I've never been to one before. It was really interesting. It was to discuss legalizing homebirth midwives here in NC. The first couple of speakers didn't really seem to say anything that would help or hurt. Then someone from the group that certifies mw's (NARM?) spoke and she really knew her stuff. I was glad to hear such a great voice for CPM's. Then, of course, they had someone opposed speak, and really, he was an idiot. He quoted statistics multiple times, but he changed the numbers each time. And he kept harping about education and that since CNM's have to have a BS degree, and CPM's don't, he kept saying that a CPM could be a "high school dropout". Then he really stirred the pot when he said that having a homebirth was like driving without a seat belt. Not safe but some people do it anyway. When someone mentioned that the CPM could be like the seat belt, the audience clapped. Well, apparently that was not allowed because the Co-chair threatened to clear the room. Could she not just say, "clapping is not allowed."? I didn't know that and I'm sure I wasn't the only person there who had never been to a legislative meeting. Anyway, he shot himself in the foot when someone asked him if CPM's were legalized, would he be interested in overseeing them. It was amazing how big-headed he got in that moment. I was glad to hear someone else remind him that the committee was not deciding whether to legalize homebirth. Just the midwives participation in the homebirth. Anyway, for the opposition, he didn't do much good.
I was there, too! I was up front in a green and orange print shirt sitting between my dh and my bf who was wearing her tiny babe in a sling. I was at the first one as well but despite the fact that the first one had more doctors speak spewing their bs about why hb is so "unsafe," this meeting was so much harder to sit through at the end. The faster my blood sugar dropped the angrier I got at what that doc was saying. Could he have said CPMs are just high-school drop-outs one more time?? Funny thing was that I have been in 3 of the "dangerous" situations he described...my 2nd had shoulder dystocia and was floppy(and was born in the town he mentioned was so far away from medical care). Had I not had a competent, trained CPM there to act accordingly things could very well have turned bad quickly. With my 3rd babe I had a major PPH. I bleed so much my bp couldn't be detected and I was starting to go into shock. My mw and doula (who was a nurse) acted quickly to give me the meds, IV fluids, and O2 I needed to stop the bleeding while my dh called the EMTs. By the time the EMTs got to our house everything had stabalized and I refused transport. Had we decided on a UC for that birth I may have bled out like the doc described. I love how his assertion that some of us will take risks like driving w/o our seat belts was basically saying that those of us who choose to hb don't deserve to have skilled, competent attendants. Its just so sad that most docs like him come from such a place of fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Yay!! Isn't that a good feeling? My big boys are off from school starting today and I just submitted my last paper and got my grades for the winter term so we'll have a bunch of family time together. Another term of midwifery school down! Such a great feeling!

AAM: This week has definately been a hard one. I was thankful for the little break I got from the queasies last week but the ms has seemed to return with a vengence. I just want to sleep. I've had to work a few 12hr shifts this week which were really hard, especially since I was on my feet nearly the entire time. I've been throwing up a lot more all of a sudden too. I've been taking my Zofran but I'm only taking 4mg so the nausea returns after about 4 hrs or so. At least my appetite is still good.

Still haven't had our first mw appt. yet. I did see her yesterday at the legislative meeting and we decided we'll meet next week sometime. I'm so happy to be seeing her again. I've had some crazy cesarean birth and twin dreams so I want to get those off my chest and make a game plan in case there really are two babies in there.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#85 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 PM

Spring break could not come at a better time! Well, actually a few weeks ago might have been better but I'm feeling pretty dang tired today and I'm looking forward to sleeping in all next week.

We spent most of the day at the park with our playgroup and tonight we're all doing a spa party. I'm nearly too tired to go but I made a yummy pesto pasta and it'll be a lot of fun.
#86 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
I was there, too! I was up front in a green and orange print shirt sitting between my dh and my bf who was wearing her tiny babe in a sling. I was at the first one as well but despite the fact that the first one had more doctors speak spewing their bs about why hb is so "unsafe," this meeting was so much harder to sit through at the end. The faster my blood sugar dropped the angrier I got at what that doc was saying. Could he have said CPMs are just high-school drop-outs one more time?? Funny thing was that I have been in 3 of the "dangerous" situations he described...my 2nd had shoulder dystocia and was floppy(and was born in the town he mentioned was so far away from medical care). Had I not had a competent, trained CPM there to act accordingly things could very well have turned bad quickly. With my 3rd babe I had a major PPH. I bleed so much my bp couldn't be detected and I was starting to go into shock. My mw and doula (who was a nurse) acted quickly to give me the meds, IV fluids, and O2 I needed to stop the bleeding while my dh called the EMTs. By the time the EMTs got to our house everything had stabalized and I refused transport. Had we decided on a UC for that birth I may have bled out like the doc described. I love how his assertion that some of us will take risks like driving w/o our seat belts was basically saying that those of us who choose to hb don't deserve to have skilled, competent attendants. Its just so sad that most docs like him come from such a place of fear.
I figured you were there somewhere. Was your bf's baby the newborn on the front row? I sat a few rows back on the left with my bf. Dh and dd didn't make it. They needed a day together since he's been working lunatic hours lately. My bf warned me before we went in that at these things, there is usually someone who will say stuff that makes you want to "claw his eyes out". When he started talking, I knew it would be him. I could not believe some of the garbage he spouted out. You are probably a perfect example of why CPM's should be able to practice legally. It is not common, but as you said, a competent, trained CPM knew exactly what to do. I'm glad you had one. And I think you're right about his seat belt comment. It really seems like he thinks we should go it alone and suffer for taking a risk rather than be allowed to have a properly trained attendant who could reduce the risk. I have to say, he is the perfect example of the dr I DON'T want. He would certainly not care what the mother wants. And his attitude shows up in too many hospitals. That's why I'm planning a homebirth.

#87 of 92 Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:

Oh gosh, yes. I was looking at a picture of someone's baby in their sig the other day, and said to myself "I want one!" Took me a few seconds to realize that (assuming all goes well) that's exactly what I'm going to get. I have to keep reminding myself that I am way way overdue for my period as well. All this even though I've had 'morning' sickness pretty constantly for the past 5 weeks. I'm a little thick sometimes.
#88 of 92 Old 03-21-2008, 01:17 AM

I feel SO lucky to live in Oregon where licensing is voluntary for midwives!! Back in the 70's when midwifery was getting it's recharge, the state decided to do some research and keep some statistics about midwife attended births before they did anything rash. So while California was arresting and prosecuting midwives for practicing medicine without a license, Oregon was asking those same midwives for their stats. After enough time the state decided that birth seemed to be as safe no matter who, or even if, someone attended and they didn't need to do anything about it. So they have a voluntary license, using the NARM exam, for those that choose it and it means homebirth with a LM can be covered by insurance. Those that choose not to be certified are just as legal (though insurance won't cover them) and still are able to go with their clients in a transfer to provide medical history and such. The LM do have guidlines of care that they have to follow that can risk out Mommas, but those who are unlicensed do not have any restrictions on what situations they can attend. Unlicensed midwives are also legal to carry all the same drugs for emergencies as LM, too.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#89 of 92 Old 03-21-2008, 11:09 AM

Wow. That is great! NC isn't quite as open to "different" as Oregon.

So, we had an adventure this morning. Dd got up and went to find dh as usual. A few minutes later, I heard them in the bathroom. Dd needed to go. Yay. Dh took her. He usually leaves me to get the first diaper change/potty trip. He left her sitting on the toilet, and stepped around the corner to talk to me. I was still in bed. (doors are together so not far away) She sounded like she was doing fine, singing and talking to herself. When she called out "daddy, I'm all done" he went to get her cleaned up and dressed. That's when the adventure started. He asked her if that was poop on the toilet seat. Yes. How did it get there? He starts investigating. Apparently, she got it on her fingers, the toilet, her face, her leg, her clothes...... UGH!!! But I was really surprised by how calm dh sounded. Wow. Is he really going to handle this on his own? Anyway, he cleaned up what he could and stripped her down. Into the tub she went. Then he called for backup. Oh well. So I got up with my early morning, sleep deprived, hormone induced headache to wash poop off my child. And quickly too, because dh also needed a shower so this meant he would be late for work. So, after that traumatic start, I had chocolate milk and cookies for breakfast and I figured dd deserved a treat, so she had the same. How's that for a healthy start?

#90 of 92 Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm 10wks today and feel about the same as far as m/s. Today is a better day. I felt pretty normal when I got up but I feel the nausea coming now. I feel like I'm showing more though. Guess we'll see when I take my belly pic this afternoon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page