Weekly Chit Chat 3/16 - 3/22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, since a new one hasn't been started yet, I figured I would start it

I am 11 weeks tomorrow and am so happy about that. That means I'm almost out of the first trimester and my LO is now considered a fetus instead of an embryo

Good luck with the week ahead ladies!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY EVERYBODY !!!! I didn't even realize it lol! Tonite we can all have some good ole non alcoholic beer haha!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#3 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:28 AM

Yeah...happy St. Patty's Day!!

Well i'm 9 weeks now, MS is still hanging in there....last night wasn't a good night but i feel ok this morning. I seem tohave it backwards...i get "evening sickness". My pants are getting tighter but i haven't bought anything new...i'm doing the rubber band trick for now.

My kids have spring break this week, but it snowed a ton last night. Suppose to be nice by the end of the week though. Maybe they'll get to go outside and playat some point this week....lol! I still haven't told my mom...yeah maybe next week for Easter, but i've told close friends (they are all excited and happy for me). That's about it for me!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#4 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:35 AM

Happy St Patty's Day!! I managed to find a green shirt to wear today that actually fits, woo hoo!

I've had a pretty good couple of days...with the exception of yesterday. I worked a full shift (12hrs) Saturday night and didn't take much time to stop and eat b/c we were so busy. It really caught up to me once the sun came up and by the time I left I was feeling horrible. I came home and slept til dinnertime. Today I'm feeling kind of slow but at least I'm vertical. I have to work again tonight so I'm gonna try and take it easy today. I'm almost 10 weeks so I'm hoping I'll be out of the woods soon. I can't wait for that 2nd trimester energy boost!

Have a great week!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#5 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM

You guys wanna hear something cool? I just did a trimester calculator thing on the intarwebz and found out that I'm starting my 2nd trimester the day before my birthday (Friday) and starting the 3rd trimester on the 4th of July - which is my favorite holiday! How uncanny is that?

Feeling okay today, no real nausea to speak of, but it's early yet. I bought some new cereal and it kinda tastes like French Toast Crunch, so that was interesting. Hmm, other than that, not too much new to report. We are still trying to get flights to and from Hawaii, but haven't been able to book anything. Black out dates so far have been the suck, so we're still looking and crossing all our crossables. I just really want to go and can't wait to get there and relax!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:48 AM

I'm 12 weeks today!!! yeh!!!
#7 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Happy St. Patty's Day! I totally forgot that was today until I got to work and saw almost everyone wearing green. LOL.

I am 8 weeks today! Its hard to be patient, especially since I just want to get out of the 1st trimester, but I guess I really don't have a choice. Ha, ha!

I've got a bit of nausea. I'm SOO TIRED- all.the.time. Its never ending, all I want to do is sleep. Which makes work, cleaning, cooking- oh pretty much everything really difficult.

We still haven't decided on a care provider, and I'm just tryng to be patient.

Have a great week ladies!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#8 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 AM

Subbing-

This is my 11th week too! I'm so excited to be nearing the end of the first tri. I gave in and have been wearing maternity the past few days. I had nothing to wear that was comfy. Oh well, I'm filling them out well,

I went to a healthy pregnancy fair this weekend and won a great door prize- an hour long message! Not sure when I'll use it but it's nice to know it's there.

We also took the kids to see Horton Hears a Who. It sucked, I thought and was kinda bummed to have spent 50 bucks on that outing.

Yesterday until 3 Am this morning I had a baaaad headache. It's snowing and icy here to I didn't want to send DH out to get tylenol and finally gave in and took an advil. I felt less than good about taking it but it was that or valium at that point. Really bad TMJ headache. I felt 100% better within about an hour and feel just fine this morning.
#9 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 12:47 PM

Guys!!! We booked Hawaii!!! We'll be having fun in the sun from 4/29-5/13! I'll be around 18-20 weeks - cute baby bump time! I can't wait!

Jord - sucks that you thought the movie stunk! I wanted to go see that! Was it just boring or were the voices not convincing or something?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#10 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 PM

Jord, I had a bad migraine earlier in my pg in the wee hours of the morning and we don't have any 24 hr stores here and hadn't gotten around to getting any Tylenol yet! I ended up taking something I was less than thrilled about as well, but I had lasted about 4 hours with all my other pain management techniques and just couldn't do it anymore. Finally 3 hours after that (in which the pain was controlled but not gone) the stores opened and Dh went and got me the tylenol and I was finally able to sleep.

Yeah Baby Cakes, Hawaii!!! What a sweet pg vacation!!!

Not much new here, I can't believe how many of you are so close to being out of the 1st tri!! Guess that comes from being at the latter end of the month; I'm almost 9 wks. Still, it's very exciting!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#11 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 01:35 PM

Oh, I am sorry to hear about Horton. My sisters boyfriend worked on that (creating characters) and so we are all excited for it to come out. We just didn't make it this weekend. I think I will like because of our connection. He and my sis went to LA last week for the opening and I got pics of them on the red carpet and all!

Regarding headaches, I am doing the "Heal your headache" diet. I am really trying to control them since they have been bad. I'm just so tired of it. I was having a good day yesterday and popped out for an hour of shopping, got the store and had the migraine "visual disurbance" , came home, had a headache and spent the rest of the day zonked out in bed. I feel like I barely got to see DS this weekend with how much time I was down.
#12 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 02:25 PM

The kids thought is was just ok. DH and I were like, OMG will it ever end!!!! I don't know. The story was really really slow. I was just bored to tears. Usually, I like the movies I take the kids to see. Maybe you guys will like it!
#13 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 03:43 PM

Ugh, I feel awful. The flu has passed and left me with just extreme exhaustion but m/s is back in full force and then some. I'm so nauseous all the time, I wish I could just puke. Food seems to aggrivate it. Every time I ate over the weekend, it'd make me feel better for about 15 min and then the nausea was worse than before I ate. Ick. I guess I need to make a trip to the store and get some Preggie Pops or something.

Are Tums safe during pregnancy? I've had issues with acid and indigestion and milk isn't really helping.
#14 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Baby Cakes I'm so jealous!!! What an awesome reward for making it out of the 1st tri! I wish I could talk DH into a trip. But, we did a big trip for our 1st anniversary back in Oct and he saw that as a one last trip before becoming parents. Oh well.
#15 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM

Carrie, it's cool to share a edd with you so I can find out these goodies abotu my own pregnancy, as well, lol! I read Dr. Christine Northrup say that the first time she felt one of her babies move was when she was sunbathing... maybe you'll feel your little peanut move while you're having fun in the Hawaii sun! How exciting! While you're there, I'll be driving x-country, moving from PA to OR!!

Well, I have to go lie down for a bit, but I'll be back later to respond to the rest! Thanks for the lucky new thread, triple07!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#16 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 04:14 PM

Tara, to answer your question, tums are safe to take. I just went to the doctor today and she recommended them for my HORRIBLE indigestion and bloating!!

I also had an u/s and both babies are doing good! hb's of 160 and 170 and measuring right at 9 weeks. They look so close together in there, but they found a memberane today, indicating that they are in separate amniotic sacs, which is good, that means they can't get there cords tangled and stuff!
#17 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 11 weeks today and the last few days have been really good for me. I've gotten a lot of sleep so I'm not falling over with exhaustion and I've been able to eat without feeling nauseated, although I am definitely eating a lot smaller portions than normal still. I feel a lot more human than I did a few weeks ago though.

Question: Is anyone feeling movement yet? I've felt a few of those butterfly feelings low in my pelvis, too low to be gas and I'm certain it's the baby moving. :
#18 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 PM

I think so. I felt some flutters the past few days.
#19 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 PM

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow! Woohoo! I can't believe some in this group are already 12 weeks. So awesome! I'm still sick, but I feel like I might be through the worst of it. I'm just so tired of the constant nauseous feeling, not wanting ANYTHING to touch my belly. I want to be proud of my belly, not mad at it for making me so sick! And people are starting to figure out I'm pg at work. I guess I'd better tell the boss.

Baby Cakes I'm insanely jealous! Hawaii is my dream vacation. I hope you have a wonderful time. Go find some cute swimsuits to show off your bump!

DreamsInDigital, I don't think I've felt any yet. But like I said, I'm only 9 weeks. I didn't feel movement until 17 weeks with my first. I guess mamas feel it sooner in subsequent pregnancies though?
#20 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Question: Is anyone feeling movement yet? I've felt a few of those butterfly feelings low in my pelvis, too low to be gas and I'm certain it's the baby moving. :
I felt my son at 12 weeks, even though he was my first and everyone said it was gas.. it was him It was the same place and same feeling when he started to get bigger, plus I just had a feeling it was him. It was maybe once a week until around 16-17 weeks when it was regular movements.

That said, I swear I've felt this one. I'm 9wk 5d, but there's the possibility I'm farther along (last normal period was in Nov, dec and Jan were just spotting) so I'm hoping that I am and that I am feeling baby, and am not just crazy. I will find out on April 2nd when I go for an u/s.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#21 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
I'm 12 weeks today!!! yeh!!!
WOO HOO!! Are you our first out of the gate of the 1st trimester? I think so! Round of applause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
How amazing! Still too soon for me as a first timer to feel much of anything, though I'm so happy you're feeling your babe! That is so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
I read Dr. Christine Northrup say that the first time she felt one of her babies move was when she was sunbathing... maybe you'll feel your little peanut move while you're having fun in the Hawaii sun!
That would be amazing! I can't wait to feel this little booger move. It's going to be an incredible experience. I hope I'm just laying out on the beach or something when he/she decides to let me know they're there!

I found a rockin bikini on Due Maternity that I'm definitely going to get... here is the link:

Smokin' Hot Swimsuit :-)

I can't wait to get sundresses, cute shorts, the whole lot...ahh I see a lot of fun shopping in my near future. This is definitely going to be our last vacation for a looooooong time, so we're going to make the most of it!!!

#22 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 06:18 PM

Baby Cakes: where are you going in HI? My Dh is from Oahu and we went there lastyear for a BIG Luau for our daughter's first birthday. We spent 10 daysthere I LOVED it.
#23 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM

Well, I'll be 12 weeks along on Wednesday. Are we considering 12 weeks "out of the gate"? I have read 14 weeks in one book and 13 weeks in another. I'm close anyway. My due date is 10/01/08, so I must be one of the earlier ones in the group. I'll go a bit over that, don't worry- I always do!

M/S comes and goes, but is much more bearable now. I am sleepier than ever in the evenings. I had a m/w appt. last Wednesday and let her listen to the hb with the doppler way too long. I'm feeling sad about that, since I teach that we should minimize ultrasound exposure. I don't know how long, but since we couldn't hear a hb, she was trying to "chase" the baby out from under the pelvic bone. Finally did it and we heard a strong 160's hb. I was grateful for that! Since I was 11 weeks, I was feeling worried not to hear anything.

I did believe I was having twins (from a series of dreams and what I thought were signs), but we only heard 1 hb. Plus, I'm not showing much - just bigger in the belly (hard belly) right now. I guess I can accept one healthy baby - what a blessing! I still have no idea what I'm having. With my previous 3 pregnancies I had vivid dreams telling me the gender right away. I never doubted and knew each time what I was having. It confuses me to have no intuition now - and scares me a little. Still, I feel secure that the baby is healthy. Perhaps I'm just learning a lesson in faith. Anyone else clueless?

I thought I felt a flutter the other night, but decided it must be gas. I didn't know you could feel them at 11 weeks. This is my 4th pregnancy, but I never felt the others until around 19-20 weeks. I still am not sure that's what it was.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#24 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 07:24 PM

Personally I'm saying 12w1d is into the 2nd trimester. According to this site, my 2nd trimester begins this weekend, right at 12w1d:

Trimester Calculator

I read as soon as you start your 13th week you're in that 2nd trimester, so I'm going with it!

Bayleesan
- we are going to Oahu! We're flying into Honolulu and staying on Oahu for a week or so, and then flying to the big island for the rest of the trip. Any tips or great things to see on Oahu besides Pearl Harbor and some beaches (b/c so far that's all we have planned)? If you know any secrets, fill me in!! We haven't decided where we are staying yet - we are looking at vacation rentals/condos right now.

#25 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 07:33 PM

Super cute suit Baby Cakes!!! I know I'm gonna need to get a suit since DH and I spend every weekend at our neighborhood pool. Although, I don't think I'll be as brave as you and get a bikini!

I always thought the 2nd tri started at 13w. My pregnancy calendar says my 2nd tri starts on April 11 and that's 13w. So, the 1st tri would go through 12w6d. But, by the time you get to 12wks, I think you're pretty good. Congrats to those that are there! That's very exciting for our DDC to be getting more "safe"!
#26 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I consider 12 weeks the start of 2nd trimester.

I can't wait until we are all safe and sound in the 2nd trimester. And hopefully you poor sick mamas will catch a break and start feeling better!
#27 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Bayleesan[/B] - we are going to Oahu! We're flying into Honolulu and staying on Oahu for a week or so, and then flying to the big island for the rest of the trip. Any tips or great things to see on Oahu besides Pearl Harbor and some beaches (b/c so far that's all we have planned)? If you know any secrets, fill me in!! We haven't decided where we are staying yet - we are looking at vacation rentals/condos right now.

On Oahu:
Hanauma Bay is a must see!
Just drive thru the North Shore. My Dh is from Haleiwa, it's the cutest little crunchy town, there is a great BBQ place right in the center of town, a nice beach just over in Waialua that is on a bay so good for letting ittle ones swim at. Here is a map: http://www.osman1.com/area-web/ns-n.html
Sunrise on Wakiki is one of the best experinces I have ever had in my life.
And the Byodo-In Temple at Valley of The Temples is just beautiful.

We stayed at The Queen Kapiolani Hotel which is two blocks from Wakiki beach, but way way way less expensive than the big chain hotels. It was $120 a night for our penthouse suite, not amazing suite, but it did have a little kitchen. I was more intrested in the beach than the hotel! Andthere was a Starbucks on the way to the beach with the most amazing cinnamon buns ever.

On The Big Island:
Lava Tree State park
Hawaii National Volcano State Park - is currently active and spewing into the ocean
Queen Lilly O'Kalni's Gardens on Banyan Tree road in Hilo is really mellow, there is a great family park beach down the street, but thats where most of the Hilo hotels are so you will probablly be staying around there.

We have Family on the Big Island in Pahoa (which is a cute little town!) so we did not do as much touristy stuff.

Brenda at Brenda's Big Island Travel set us up with everything, she is a freind of my SIL's. This is her info as per the internet: Brenda's Big Island Travel Po Box 6740, Hilo, HI 96720. (808) 966-6528 (808) 640-3761 (877) 966-6528 (toll-free) brendasbigislandtravel msn.com

And here are my photos if you want to take a peek!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3687239...7602701226996/
#28 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 08:54 PM

9 weeks for me....3 more weeks until I meet with my midwife again and hopefully hear the heartbeat...I think that will help to put me at ease.

Still no let up on the icky stomache I have all day...not enough to keep me eating, not enough to make me puke just enough to annoy me all day long...lol.

i have had a bit of spotting off and on this week but it's very minor so i'm trying to be positive.

Babycakes that is so exciting about Hawaii and super cute bikini...I think the last time I wore one I was 2...lol

JOra that is too bad about horton hears a who we were thinking of taking the boys on the weekend....oh well we shall see....

What are peoples plans for Easter??
#29 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Guys!!! We booked Hawaii!!! We'll be having fun in the sun from 4/29-5/13! I'll be around 18-20 weeks - cute baby bump time! I can't wait!

Jord - sucks that you thought the movie stunk! I wanted to go see that! Was it just boring or were the voices not convincing or something?
That is awesome! I am *so* jealous lol! I have never been to Hawaii b4 but I hope you have tons of fun!!!

Ooooh and I *love* the bikini. I always loved showing off my bump last time. You never found me in a tankini

And according to your trimester calc I start 2nd on the 25th... awesome! Other one I checked said A[ril 1st... Either way, getting super close!

#30 of 92 Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 PM

Yes, I forgot. Babycakes- LOVE that bikini and I think you'll look great in it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page