Weekly Chit Chat 3/23 - 3/29 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carrie- If you're not already using something, I LOVE www.fitday.com It's really easy to keep track of your weight, food and work outs and it's free.
#92 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
Carrie- If you're not already using something, I LOVE www.fitday.com It's really easy to keep track of your weight, food and work outs and it's free.
Baby Cakes, www.sparklepeople.com is also very good. I haven't used fitday but I've heard great things about it. Personally, I like just an old fashioned notebook so I can write it down as I eat it. It was too much for me to remember to record it online. GL!
#93 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM

I like all the graphs and stuff.
#94 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 04:37 PM

Hey all, just checking in. I can tell the 2nd trimester is coming....the nausea and feeling crappy all day has really intensified this week. I am SO hoping the 2nd will be better all the way around....I can empathize with you mamas who are feeling poopy all day!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#95 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I like all the graphs and stuff.
Haha! I'm such an organizational dork too....
#96 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Baby Cakes, www.sparklepeople.com is also very good. I haven't used fitday but I've heard great things about it. Personally, I like just an old fashioned notebook so I can write it down as I eat it. It was too much for me to remember to record it online. GL!
I used to use sparkpeople all the time! Back before my wedding it helped me lose 36 lbs. Logging everything was great. I stopped using the site b/c it got so s-l-o-w. My browser at work couldn't load the wheel anymore and I got frustrated with it! I've gone back to the old fashioned small notepad for recording things. It helps that I can just jot things down as I'm eating them. There is something about having to record your food that seriously keeps you from eating junk. I don't know why it works!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#97 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 09:50 PM

Birth announcement!

My kitty Hot Dog is a proud mama today! She birthed four beautiful little kittens today (in my son's carseat that was under the coffee table, oops!) and they are so precious!
#98 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I used to use sparkpeople all the time! Back before my wedding it helped me lose 36 lbs. Logging everything was great. I stopped using the site b/c it got so s-l-o-w. My browser at work couldn't load the wheel anymore and I got frustrated with it! I've gone back to the old fashioned small notepad for recording things. It helps that I can just jot things down as I'm eating them. There is something about having to record your food that seriously keeps you from eating junk. I don't know why it works!
It works because it keeps you honest with yourself. Having to admit what you've eaten, even if only to a notepad, is great motivation!
#99 of 120 Old 03-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Birth announcement!

My kitty Hot Dog is a proud mama today! She birthed four beautiful little kittens today (in my son's carseat that was under the coffee table, oops!) and they are so precious!
Oh that is too exciting!!! I really miss when my kitties were kittens.
#100 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Birth announcement!

Aww how awesome... except the giving birth in the car seat thing

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#101 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
While I don't shop at WalMart, that lady could've been me, LOL! I've so done that on a number of occasions. Of course I always have my babe on a cart seat cover...don't think I'd have my bare boob resting on an icky cart handle. I actually had to resort to nursing like this when my dd refused to nurse in the sling. I'm sure I was a sight!

Well, I saw my mw today for our first official appt. It was pretty laid back. We basically discussed the game plan if I'm carrying twins. She seemed to think the possibility was pretty great, too. I've already gained close to 10lbs: and my uterus is where one would expect to find it at 15-16 weeks. It was funny the look of surprise she got on her face as she was palpating! My hemoglobin has gone down a bit since the beginning of pregnancy despite little change in my diet. We didn't listen to the babe(s) b/c I heard the HB the other night at work and I knew all was well. I kind of wanted dh to hear it, too but my mw convinced me to go get an u/s to rule out twins so we'll see it soon enough. Anyway, although it was good to see my mw, I have mixed feelings about it all. With my history of pp bleeding I wouldn't be a good candidate for HB with twins. I would be so sad to have to birth anywhere but at home. I wasn't going to have an u/s til 18 weeks but now I think I'll need the extra 6-7 weeks I'd have if I found out now to prepare myself if it is indeed twins. I just have so many "symptoms" and honestly I'd be shocked if there was just one.
i am in exactly your situation. being a VBAC (again, but still) after 2 c/s's, a home birth w/ twins, even w/ my traveling MW, may cause some issues for me . I hate to NOT want whatever is in here but I really never expected twins! lol!
I wasn't going to have an u/s at all if i could help it, or at least at week 38 or something but this is throwing a wrench in those plans and i think i need to rule twins in/out. ive been thinking about that this whole trip...im only into my 2nd trimester and im looking like im 6 months pregnant.

Babycakes, im keeping a food log too. I am using one of my really pretty journals and recording some other notes about how i feel, etc. etc. That way i will keep it for memorabilia..i know that sounds corney, but doing it online before i just quit and felt nothign invested. i keep it on my kitchen counter and have a really nice pen to write with on it....helps me want to do it.

and good for you about hte MW...the only one we could get (due to our stupid state) is in MT..she is comign to live with us for 2 weeks prior to the EDD..talk about traveling, huh? lol!
#102 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 11:31 AM

I had my 10 week appt yesterday. We got to hear the heartbeat, Yeah! And I asked my doc a million questions because I still wasn't sure if I was going to stay with him or go with a homebirth midwife. But I loved my doctor's answers and I'm extremely scared of a homebirth (I have a tiny house and don't know where I could set up a tub.) So it looks like I'm definitely having a hospital birth. And the doctor switched my prenatals to ones without iron so I can see if that will help my m/s. Either way he said he only wanted me on these new ones for about the next month. And I'll be switching back to my Rainbow Lights if I don't see a difference in my nausea.

My (childless) friend gave me the funniest advice I've received so far. I told her I like to walk to the park and swing on the swing. She warned me not to do that because the baby's not attached and I could hurt the baby. That got me thinking that maybe she was right (I know it was silly but I worry about everything). But there is no way to do an internet search on being pregnant and swinging on a swing without coming up with all kinds of swinger sites. Believe me, swinging (the innocent going to the park type) is perfectly fine while pregnant. But you probably won't be able to find that info online!!!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#103 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 11:32 AM

That's cute!
#104 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Birth announcement!

Ohhh! Kittens! That's great! Congrats to Hot Dog.
#105 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
Okay, so when's the appointment so we can all wait with baited breath until you post the results??! How exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
Ohhh, and birthdancedoula!!!! Keep us updated! We *all* wanna know if you have two beans in there
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysaurus View Post
Ooooo BDD, I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to here if it's two!
Quote:
BDD - when will you find out if it's twins??! How exciting!!
Okay, now y'all are getting me *more* excited to find out just being excited for me, LOL! My u/s appt. is on 4/8 and I'm already getting nervous! I actually had a dream last night that the u/s tech doing the scan said, "well, there's one baby, now there's the second twin, no, wait, there's a third baby in there, too!" I woke up all sweaty and breathing hard, LOL!

DID~ Congrats on the new babies!! Did you midwife them or did you kitty have a UC??

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#106 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 04:12 PM

My kitty had a solo UC. I doula'ed for her though, brought her some water and food and such.
#107 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 04:58 PM

You guys are a trip.

I'm torn. I can't decide if I want to find out the sex or not. DH really wants to. DD really really wants to. My entire family is breathing down my neck. I want to but then I kinda don't want to. I hate surprises but I think this would be an exception maybe?

DH told me that he got a referral from a friend at work to have a 3d done for really cheap to find out the sex soon-ish.

What are you all doing?
#108 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 05:28 PM

We're in the same boat. Dh really, really wants to know (we knew with the last 2 and I didn't have u/s with the first 2) but I want it to be a surprise this time. I really only wanted 1 u/s for the entire pregnancy which will happen in 2 weeks so it may be decided for us if we don't cave and go back for the 18 week anatomy scan. If we do though I'll leave it up to dh to find out if he wants. He'll just keep it a secret from me in that case, which I'd be fine with.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#109 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 05:38 PM

Yeah, that would never work for us. I'd decide I wanted to know (only I'd be pissed if he told me) and lock him out on the porch till he did.
#110 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
You guys are a trip.

I'm torn. I can't decide if I want to find out the sex or not. DH really wants to. DD really really wants to. My entire family is breathing down my neck. I want to but then I kinda don't want to. I hate surprises but I think this would be an exception maybe?

DH told me that he got a referral from a friend at work to have a 3d done for really cheap to find out the sex soon-ish.

What are you all doing?
I love the idea of waiting until the baby is born, and having my husband tell me. He doesn't want to wait to find out, though. And to be realistic I have to admit, I'm kind of anxious to find out, too. I know I would make him tell me if he knew and I didn't.

He thinks it will make shopping and preparing the nursery easier, too.

We've decided to go ahead and find out.
#111 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 PM

Well, I just found out that the keepsake ultrasound place is in an OB practice. They just do those for extra money I guess. I don't know what history they require but if any, they'd probably not just let me find out the sex and push me into an anatomical and all that.

My midwife has her own machine so I could find out but it would be after 20 weeks.

I don't know what to do. I half want to find out just to know if I'm right but I guess that could wait till the birth too.
#112 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 PM

I would like to know the sex of my baby. (I keep saying "him" and then feel really bad if it's really a girl.) So I hope at the 20 week u/s that we will be able to see something. But you know, I don't think I'll be too upset if we have to wait until the baby's birthday. I don't know how my DH could keep it a secret from me, or vice versa. Some people must really be able to keep a secret!!

And congrats on the :

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#113 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

We are going to find out but I think we are going to keep it "just between us" for a couple weeks...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#114 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 09:19 PM

Dh is super excited to be that Daddy on all the birth videos he's seen who announces whether it's a girl or a boy, so we won't be finding out... but then we're avoiding all ultrasound unless there's an indication anyways. I feel the urge just to KNOW so I can start picking out *the* name instead of two I like, but I also want that experience of meeting my child for the first time without knowing.

About me: Had my first prenatal today, I'm really loving my midwives!! They drew my blood at my kitchen table and I tested my urine myself in my bathroom and that was about it since we're waiting to hear the hb until we can pick it up on a fetoscope. She rarely ever does vaginal exams unless asked (will go a whole pg and birth without doing one!) and I'm too soon to palpate my uterus, so it was mostly chatting and advice. I got to decide which individual screens to run on my blood too. I'm super excited about working with them with the ins and outs of my care!

At 10 wks I'm having on again, off again nausea which seems to have been the pattern for you ladies ahead of me. I've felt fine the past 2 days, but the 4 before that were the most miserable I've been yet. I'm peeing less frequently too (yeah! only once at night!!!) and the fatigue has lessened somewhat. The boobies are feeling super heavy though; I'm going to need to go real bra shopping soon. Come on 2nd tri!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#115 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 09:57 PM

Your mws sound fabulous, Amber! That's what I think I have loved the most about receiving midwifery care w/ my pregnancies: the sense of empowerment you gain when you realize that you really are the one in charge of your care...and the mws are just there to guide and safeguard the process.

Now let's find Carrie some mws like that, too and we'll be in business!

#116 of 120 Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 PM

I'm also on the fence about finding out the gender. Last time I didn't have an u/s until I was overdue. I wouldn't have an u/s just to find out. But this time I may have an u/s at the 20 week mark, although the MWs said they don't have a problem if we decline it. I'll just make up my mind then. I think if we do it, we will find out the gender. I am just not one of those people who is good at waiting. The first one was easier since everything was so new and I just didn't no what to expect about becoming a mom and all that, the gender was easier to wait for. Now I kind of just want to know. And of course there will still be the surprise of meeting the babe IRL when he or she is born, so it's not like all the surprise in ruined.

Ashley, how exciting. I don't know how you are going to wait all the way till the 8th to find out, but good luck! I would be thrilled if I were having twins but I don't have any feeling that I do.

Threw up at work for the first time today. I made it out of the lab and into the hallway, where there was a trash can. The women's room was way too far. It was from a migraine, not MS, but MS didn't help, I guess. But I did fit in a massage last minute this afternoon and I feel pretty good now.
#117 of 120 Old 03-30-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Your mws sound fabulous, Amber! That's what I think I have loved the most about receiving midwifery care w/ my pregnancies: the sense of empowerment you gain when you realize that you really are the one in charge of your care...and the mws are just there to guide and safeguard the process.

Now let's find Carrie some mws like that, too and we'll be in business!
Seriously, folks! I mean, come ON! Why can't they be in my area?!?

Anyway, Chris and I are definitely going to find out the gender. I also keep calling the baby "him" and would like to know if I'm right, first of all, but even if I'm wrong I'd like to be able to have a mental image of what my life will be like after the baby comes. I want to know if we're having a son or daughter. I think everyone is different though, and some people just don't need to know until the baby comes. Chris and I decided we need to know!

Been feeling great the past few days, no real nausea to speak of, good appetite, eating plenty of protein and HEALTHY stuff. Been researching online for new midwives, and still leaning towards homebirth. I'll catch the darn baby myself if it comes to it.

Going out to dinner tonight with some girlfriends, going shoe shopping earlier in the day, and Chris is going to fix my brakes. Typical Sunday for us! Oh - I'm going to update my signature soon, I got new pics of the babe! Once Chris has a chance to scan them in, I'll let you guys know!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#118 of 120 Old 03-30-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Been researching online for new midwives, and still leaning towards homebirth. I'll catch the darn baby myself if it comes to it.
That is what I said exactally!

#119 of 120 Old 03-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Downtoearth - swinging is FINE during pregnancy. I did it all through my last one when I went to the park with DS, and now DD loves to swing for hours.

BDD - I still wonder about twins too. However, I haven't gained a significant amount (I had gained 5 pounds fast, but lost it during my sickness this last 2 weeks). I also don't know if my uterus is up any more than usual. I'm not particularly showing much, but wouldn't they be too small to tell at this point? I do have a bump. I'm 13.5 weeks along by LMP (13 by m/w est.) It is hard to be patient.

We wanted to wait on gender since we have one of each and everything we need. Still, DH is too impatient, and I admit that I am too. We'll probably get the 20wk u/s. It will still be a surprise then, just earlier. Usually I "know" by now, but I don't really feel that I have a strong hunch right now.

I'm getting better day by day from that horrible virus. There is snow outside my house right now! I guess it is an early April Fools' joke in the northwest! My son and DH built a 4' snowman. THis is really unusual for Seattle. I hope it doesn't kill our cherry and apple blossoms.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#120 of 120 Old 03-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
You guys are a trip.

What are you all doing?
Neither of us want to know. We figure there are so few surprises in life (good ones!) that this is one we can actually look forward to. Also, it's kind of like opening Christmas presents at Thanksgiving for me......no fun. I like Christmas presents! It's exciting to see what the shape and size of the gift are and not have any idea what's actually IN it!

AAM: Well, I'm not getting too excited yet but I haven't had a really awful m/s day in almost a week..... I've had a lot of heartburn and a couple of small waves of nausea but Tums and eating frequently seem to be helping those issues so they're managable and not miserable. I'm 11w2d so I'm really hoping I'll be one of the fortunate ones and the m/s will go away quickly instead of lingering off and on for a few weeks into the 2nd tri.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page