I miss my Mommy already!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And she only left this morning!

I didn't realize how much I was missing talking about being pg with her and just hanging out and having her support. She and my sister and BIL came up for 4 days and we went hiking, saw a play, and dragged BIL around shopping.

For some reason my m/s has picked up this week and she was super supportive; always bringing me water/food/whatever I needed at the moment and just generally commiserating. We talked a lot about names and what it's like to have a newborn and she really validated our choices of having a low-key and low-matrerialism pg and life with our babe. It kind of made the pg seem more real to share it in person with my family for the first time, b/c it's their first grandbaby and they are so excited. I wish my Dad could have come up too b/c he loves kids so much, but hopefully we'll get to see them again soon. My Mom is already calculating how often she can make it up to see us in a year!

And we also found out that we get to inherit the cradle my Dad had made for all us kids to sleep in (and that saved my brother from a beam crushing his skull once! It's still got the mark!) and that my Dad, who is an amazing woodworker, wants to make us a side-car crib style bed for the baby!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 AM

Awww I miss my mommy sooo much! I am going to get to see my mum for the first time in almost a year in July then she is going to fly to MD with me until Christmas to help me out

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#3 of 5 Old 03-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Awww it sounds like you had such a nice time with your mother.

I think it's really sweet that you're getting the crib your dad made. What a treasure.

#4 of 5 Old 03-29-2008, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's so great that you and your mom get along so well! I'm happy you got to spend such lovely time with her. Sometimes, there is nothing that beats your mommy's love and company.

My mom also lives far away - over 2,000 miles. She is so excited about our pregnancy but I think she's also kinda sad that she can't be here with me. But I'm sending her ultrasound photos and videos and talking to her on the phone a lot. And I'm going to fly to visit her when i'm about 6 mos along so she can see my big, fat belly!
#5 of 5 Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM

I call my mom every day...

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page