Knitters - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any knitters here? I've got a NB soaker on the needles, doing it red and yellow so it can go for either sex. I've got a ton of things lined up.. little hat, matching sockies. Baby knitting is so great, goes so much quicker, lol.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 11:42 AM

I don't knit but I do cross stitch. I'm planning to do at least a blanket (wall-hanging type). It's a nice calm activity for me. It eases my mind. Have fun with your projects!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:45 AM

I'm knitting impaired, LOL...although I can do scarves. I can crochet like a bat out of hell though. I've already started on an assortment of hats and I plan on a making a blanket and a placenta bag. I just bought some gorgeous organic cotton that I want to dye and start hooking. I think I need knitting lessons b/c there are so many great projects I've seen that I'd love to be able to make. Too bad we can't have a DDC stitch and bitch , LOL!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 AM

^Oh that'd be so much fun if we all lived close! All come with our different projects and just shoot the sh!t.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Knitter here!

I've already made so many things for this baby, it's ridiculous. I did the field of dreams knitting thing when I was ttc.

Got about a half dozen soakers and a few hats done and right now I've got a pair of shorties gone wrong on my needles that I'm going to have to just frog.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:52 PM

I can crochet. But only very simple things, like scarves and blankets... Then again I just learned how to do it a year ago and only actually did it for a few months before I gave birth because after I just did not have much time... When I find out the sex of this lil bean I plan on making her a blanket too...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:58 PM

oops. dp

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 PM

I'm knitting a cabled cardigan for my SIL's baby (due mid June). But I haven't made anything for my own bean! I plan on starting some kind of afghan so I have something relaxing to knit during labor. We'll see how that goes!!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
Old 04-01-2008, 02:42 PM

I'm a knitter, too, but I'm somewhat stumped so far for this baby! During my 5 years of ttc, I knit so many things and ended up giving them away after the losses I had. I think I'll probably be more enthused about knitting for the twins after I hit 24 weeks.

I've been sending yarn to my knitting friends, though, so they can knit for the babies!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 04-01-2008, 05:24 PM

I have made baby hats for my sister and sister-in-law and will start making some for my own baby. The ones I'm making use self-patterning sock yarn so just doing stockinette in the round makes an impressive looking pattern!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 PM

I'm a knitter, but haven't actually picked up the knitting needles in a couple of months. I've been slacking and haven't felt like getting back into it, for some reason. I should think about knitting something for the new LO. I've always knit things for other people's kids, but not too much for my own. :
Old 04-01-2008, 06:19 PM

I don't knit (would love to learn) but I do crochet... a little. I've actually never completed a project. However, I found this awesome yarn a couple days ago and am determined to make a blanket for my sis (due in September) and my own little one. I only know how to do a basic stitch and would love to learn to make hats and shorties, too, but I think I'm a long way off from there. To be honest, I'm stuck on my blanket now because I've never had to change yarn (already ran out) and don't know how!

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
Old 04-01-2008, 06:27 PM

This is my current project....

cross stitch

I got it in Disney World when DH and I were there for our 1st anniversary back in Oct.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

I've crotched for years, but only started knitting in Nov. I'm the queen of hats, lol. I've done 7-8 hats, a pair of socks, and tons of other stuff started, but not finished. I want to make this baby a few hats, a few soakers, and a few pairs of socks. I need to make soakers for my ds, too, I've got one started, but it's on bamboo, and oh, how I loathe bamboo.. so until I trade my bamboos with a SnB friend for her metals, I won't pick it back up, lol.

And let me just say how much I hate purling. Well, ribbing. I don't remember it being such a pita with anything else, but for some reason with the nb soaker (on dpns no less) it's just really a pita. It's enough to quit and just sew up some pul covers, lol. But I won't. I've got a knitting list a mile long for birthdays and holidays. Wish I had more patience and time. I just finished a hat for my friend's baby girl due in a few months, and it's the first thing I've touched in a couple of months, which is sad since I haven't been knitting all that long, lol.

Oh, and has anyone seen the "Golden Boob"? I want to knit one up for the new baby, lol, I assume s/he will be as big of a boob freak as ds was. Maybe it'll give me some relief

Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 PM

I think it's crocheted. Silly as that looks....
Old 04-01-2008, 07:09 PM

I haven't knit anything for this pg yet. I didn't knit anything for DS until the first trimester was over either. I have one or two little projects to finish up for other people, and then I'm thinking some kinda lacy fancy baby shawl, I have some lovely alpaca silk laceweight that is sort of greenish/greyish/brownish (much prettier than it sounds!) that would work for either boy or girl. We have a shawl knitted by my great aunt (or possibly my great great aunt, cause my grandmother had aunts who were younger than her, and this might have been one of those!) that I just loved the idea of, it being an heirloom and all. So I'd like to knit one for this baby. But, not yet, cause it's still too early. I'm only ten weeks right now, so I'll wait til the first trimester is done.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am planning making a pair or 2 of booties (probably one for each a boy and girl), a hat, and I may break out there and do a baby sweater! I am looking for a bonnet pattern one that fits the head tight, but ties under the chin (kind of old fashioned looking).

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
This is my current project....

cross stitch

I got it in Disney World when DH and I were there for our 1st anniversary back in Oct.
That is soooo cute!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:02 PM

I knit! I went a bit nuts knitting baby sweaters. I have 2 neutral sweaters, 2 girly sweaters and 2 boyish sweaters already done. They just need some ends woven in and buttons sewn on. I finished a small wool soaker last week, too. Oh, and a pinwheel baby blanket.

Right now I'm focusing on knitting for my brother and SL's babes. They're expecting twins in June and I'm working on moderne baby blankets for both of them and a lovey. It's a baby boom round here!

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 PM

^geesh, I'm impressed!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebugsmom View Post

I knit! I went a bit nuts knitting baby sweaters. I have 2 neutral sweaters, 2 girly sweaters and 2 boyish sweaters already done. They just need some ends woven in and buttons sewn on. I finished a small wool soaker last week, too. Oh, and a pinwheel baby blanket.

Right now I'm focusing on knitting for my brother and SL's babes. They're expecting twins in June and I'm working on moderne baby blankets for both of them and a lovey. It's a baby boom round here!
Ooooh! Please post photos! We would love to admire your work!!!!
Here is a link to my blog and a sample of my personally designed felted booties! They are the BEST! They have elastic woven around the ankle to keep them on!!! http://shecanlaugh.blogspot.com/2007...pare-time.html

Marci

knit.gif

Old 04-02-2008, 12:14 AM

Oops double post

Marci

knit.gif

Old 04-02-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
^geesh, I'm impressed!!
I admit to being a bit obsessive. lol Plus DP works nights so I spend most of my evenings knitting after the kids are in bed.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
^geesh, I'm impressed!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
Ooooh! Please post photos! We would love to admire your work!!!!
Here is a link to my blog and a sample of my personally designed felted booties! They are the BEST! They have elastic woven around the ankle to keep them on!!! http://shecanlaugh.blogspot.com/2007...pare-time.html

Cute booties!

I will do pics once I weave in ends and stuff. I hate the finishing work. I have to figure out where exactly the camera has gotten to, also. I'm endlessly misplacing things.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

My ds is wearing a hat with the ends not weaved in.. my mom laughs every time she sees it, but I hate finishing work!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:38 PM

I just pulled yarn for the first thing I'll knit for this new baby last night. A soaker. I already make soakers and pants for sale, but this will be fun because it's for ME. I really probably won't go crazy. A few pants and soakers, a hat or two, legwarmers. That's probably it.

I had just cast on for the three-hour sweater for me when I discovered I was pregnant, and ended up just ripping it out, since it'll be a good long time before I can wear it at this point...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
And let me just say how much I hate purling. Well, ribbing. I don't remember it being such a pita with anything else, but for some reason with the nb soaker (on dpns no less) it's just really a pita.
Consider looking into Continental style knitting. Makes ribbing much faster/easier.

User Tag List