Weekly Chit Chat Thread 4/27-5/4 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH is finally in processing at Meade tomorrow so I am going into the clinic and checking DS and I in there. Apparently the "pediatritions" (family prac docs who specialize in small children) are horrible there so I am looking to get care off base. Then *hopefully* getting my referral for either a HB MW or the birth center! Wish me luck!

We aren't getting paid until Thursday so tomorrow we have NO money. It is rediculous. And DH lost his language pay so we are getting even less per month (about $200 less) Oh well, we will survive.

AND hopefully we will get into a house ASAP once we check in. Not guranteed (or even a little bit likely) but a girl can dream

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#62 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 06:17 AM

Tara: the belly ring is super cute. I used one of the plastic ones up until the last month or so. After the baby came and my baby jelly belly went away, I put it back in, but it's never looked the same since..I think my skin stretched too much or something..I may have it re-pierced one day. congrats on the new appliances. I want to see kitchen pics!! I'm hoping for a complete kitchen remodel prior to baby!! A girl has to dream!! our house was built in the 30's and we need new EVERYTHING! Also, I wanted to mention that I really enjoyed your mom's site. She's so talented - you should have her do a pregnancy portrait for you!

JMarie,
my best friend who had a office job experienced swelling really bad early on and all throughout her pregnancy. just keep those feet up
and don't feel alone, I still feel SUPER ICKY too...really lethargic and nauseated and I had a migraine that lasted two days..DH was getting worried!! Mine is probably diet related too!! I've been craving horrible things. Last pregnacy, I craved salads constantly!!! I need those cravings to return!!!

as far as slings go, I started out with 2 hotslings, and a moby wrap. I used my moby wrap the most when she was an infant! She loved it and would sleep for hours!!! The hotsling was nice for quick trips and I used it more once she could sit on my hip. It's definately quick... BTW..target now carries hotslings, babylegs, bumkins, and a few other awesome baby items!

Triple, good luck with everything! You sound BUSY!!! how do you feel about the move?

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#63 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 AM

oh, all of you curly girls...do you mind posting pics of your new haircut? i really need a change over here!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#64 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Best of luck to you Triple! I hope you can find a way to make it all work!

I am so tired today! Absolutely wiped out and exhausted. I taught a step and sculpt class at 8:30 (subbed for another instructor) and I have a weight training class at noon. I have no idea where I'm going to find the energy to teach it, let alone DO it! I think I'm going to have to stop agreeing to sub in the mornings. I find that I'm just no good for the rest of the day when I do. Bummer.

DH is taking clients to dinner tonight so I'll be on my own until really late. Maybe I'll just go to bed early. I didn't sleep well last night. Baby/uterus was very busy and kept me from getting comfortable! I was awake at least every hour.
#65 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I'm so jealous! Carrie (Baby Cakes) is on a plane to Hawaii this morning! I can't wait to see her pics when she gets back!
SURPRISE! You guys can't get rid of me that easily! I'm posting from Oahu for the next week! We have free wireless internet in our apartment here, so don't worry, I'll be around here and there. It's only 7:25 am here but b/c of the time change (6 hours) I was up with the sun! We're going out hiking today and hopefully to catch a little sun. Unfortunately Oahu is having problems with box jellyfish so the waters are off limits for today. No biggie - we have PLENTY of other things to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Look what I just ordered!!!

Baby on Board

I'm so excited! The normal ones I have aren't bothering me at all yet so I figure I'll go ahead and invest in a maternity one. If it starts bugging me then I'll just take it out but so far so good!
Tara, that is ADORABLE! I ended up taking my belly ring out at about 6 weeks. It kept catching on my jeans (I was still in my normal jeans at the time) and just overall bothering me. Now, since my belly button is already popped out and all retarded looking, it's definitely not going back in! Hopefully it doesn't close up, I don't think it will. But good luck keeping yours looking hot! It can't hurt to try!

Alright guys, I will see you around! Take it easy! Aloha!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#66 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie! You crazy woman! Go enjoy Hawaii! What the heck do you need us for right now!? Looking forward to awesome backdrops in your belly pics.....
#67 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 05:41 PM

i dont think anyone noticed but i fired my traveling mw...so now im back to square one in a state that wont allow MW's to attend vba2cs (though ive had a vbac already). i sent a mass email out and actually got a bite today. so im holding my breath that this one will work out. its hard to focus on the other stuff when there is so much uncertainty w/ birth.
#68 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 05:46 PM

passionate, best of luck in finding a "midwife who bites"
I know that it will work out for you!! are you using a CNM?

#69 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 05:48 PM

PassionateWriter: Best of luck to you! I'm hoping you find the perfect mw.
#70 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 05:52 PM

I'm sorry PW. I do hope you can find someone....I'm in that limbo land right now (for different reasons though).

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#71 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM

oh pw that must be soooo frustrating...I do hope you find someone you love!!
#72 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 07:23 PM

Good Luck PW!!!

And Carrie, go enjoy Hawaii lol! Although we love having you around here

So I went to medical today and was flat out told I cannot have a MW do a HB or go to a birth center or anything. They said all I can do is get the OB prenatals there on base and deliver at Bethseda. I will be researching, printing out paper after paper stating that birth center and HB ARE covered by Tricare and trying not to be a B*tch or tear my hair out...

And at housing we were told it would be a month for us to get into a house *however* they told our friends it would be 6 months and they got a call 2 weeks later that they had an opening. So... who knows.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#73 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 PM

GL triple! Keep trying.
#74 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck in your new search Passionate! I hope you can find someone that you really love! I'm sure it's frusterating being in a place that makes your birth wishes difficult.

Triple, hang in here! Good for you for not giving up so easily just because someone said "no". That's a great way to make things happen!
#75 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 PM

That is the sweetest bday present, Passionate Good luck with the search.

Well, I had a restless, unpleasant night last night. I woke up and received a phone call that my Granny had passed away in the morning. She and I were close, and we weren't really expecting it so soon. I had made plans to take the kids to see her in June. In fact, I emailed her the night before to tell her I was calling her in the morning and loved her - I don't think she ever got the email

I also ate something bad yesterday. I've been throwing up all day - but rather violently. My stomach is hard and hurts, but I can't seem to go to the bathroom or anything. Ugh. What a sad little day. I will try to fly to Texas for the funeral this weekend. Hope you are are doing better.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#76 of 109 Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 PM

Thanks for the encouragement.

leurMaman I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

#77 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurMaman View Post
That is the sweetest bday present, Passionate Good luck with the search.

Well, I had a restless, unpleasant night last night. I woke up and received a phone call that my Granny had passed away in the morning. She and I were close, and we weren't really expecting it so soon. I had made plans to take the kids to see her in June. In fact, I emailed her the night before to tell her I was calling her in the morning and loved her - I don't think she ever got the email

I also ate something bad yesterday. I've been throwing up all day - but rather violently. My stomach is hard and hurts, but I can't seem to go to the bathroom or anything. Ugh. What a sad little day. I will try to fly to Texas for the funeral this weekend. Hope you are are doing better.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Thinking of you and sending you good thoughts!

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#78 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 01:44 AM

So sorry to hear about your grandma, leurMaman.
#79 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 AM

leur, im sorry to hear about your grandmother.

triple, hang in there. if they cover it, they cover it. sometimes a hb, even OOP, is cheaper (in the long run...considering the cost of what could happen in a hospital).

i have had a few bites...so we shall see.
#80 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 AM

Triple, I hope they get you in soon. Don't ya just love the military life sometimes?? I think if you fight it you can get Tricare to pay for a hb, but my friend who recently had one paid out of pocket for hers because she got no where with Tricare, BUT another girl who I just know, not really friends with so I didn't get into great detail, got hers paid for by Tricare, but she had $500 out of pocket, not bad imo though.

Leur, I'm sorry about your grandmother.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#81 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 AM

leurMaman - I'm very sorry about your grandmother. I hope your tummy is feeling better soon.
#82 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

leur, I'm so sorry you had such a crappy day. I hope you feel better soon and are able to make the trip to Texas. I'm so sorry for your loss.
#83 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for posting 2x in a row....but I need to vent.

DH's talked to his best friend last night who's EDD is May 8 so she's about 39wks. We found out last week that she was going to be induced because they thought the baby was too big. Well, he found out last night that they did an u/s and estimated the baby at over 10lbs and told her that her pelvis was too small to deliver a baby that big. : SO....they're skipping the induction and doing a c-section tomorrow morning. She's not even full term for another week!! They told her that she could carry the baby for another week and a half or so but he'd be about 15lbs by then. Yeah, right..... I am physically ill and hurting for her. She doesn't know enough to know this is all a bunch of crap and she's totally ok with the c-section. She is one of those women that doesn't want to experience any of it. DH even said he cringed when she told him they were going to "just go in and take the baby and be done". OMG. (I guess I'm getting through to him more than I thought!) *sigh* I asked DH if he said anything to her about it since even he thinks it's a bad idea. He said he didn't because it's too late now. I'm so sad that I'm not closer to her so I could've educated her a bit earlier in the pregnancy and help empower her. I guess at this point all I can do is pray for her and her baby boy and hope she has a great support system when she comes home.

Thanks for listening....
#84 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 PM

Yuck, Tara. Personally, I would like to know in what world can a fetus gain 5 entire pounds in just a week and a half? I hope everything turns out ok for her in the end.

On a lighter note, I track my pregnancy through www.amazingpregnancy.com, and was quite amused by it today. See, I change weeks on Thursdays, and I have to go look at it to see the new number. Anyway, the site tells you how many days past conception you are, and how many days you have until you're "due". I was highly amused to see that I am 105 DPO today!!
#85 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

^I go look at my dpo on amazingpregnancy too..... hehe.
#86 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 PM

leur, I too am sorry to hear of your grandma

TaraRae....I don't know but I'm getting so so so so so sick of all of this bs that docs (and sadly, midwives masquerading as medwives) throw out there...it's like they are looking for excuses not to do a vaginal delivery, that they are pretty much guaranteed repeat c-sections. It seems like they are more comfortable doing invasive surgery rather then catching a baby. I'm hearing more and more of these stories, most on mainstream parenting boards, and it's just sickening. I'm just so burned out on the misinformation, half-truths, and many LIES spread by many peds and OB's. This makes me more and more want to stay away from an OB unless a life is truely in danger! I know this can happen to any mom, but it seems to happen more in first time moms....setting the stage for years to come.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#87 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. That meant a lot to me. The stomach bug has run through the rest of the family - so we're taking it easy today.

Tara - I'm proud of you for reading up and being pregnancy-savvy enough to see through that BS. Cephalopelvic disproportion is a very rare thing - occuring in less than 2% of births. However, in our country with the 30% + c-section rates it is the NUMBER 1 reason given for scheduled surgeries. This is a terribly hoax - and if you don't believe me wait until she delivers a baby under 9 pounds. The equation that they use to estimate weight in the third trimester is faulty. I feel sad that the babies get evicted and have to suffer for the convenience of the medical system.

On a happier note - I get an ultrasound tomorrow. After having a belly-ache for two days, I'm anxious to see my baby looking healthy. I have had about 4 types of viruses and illnesses this pregnancy, so I am praying that the child is resilient.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#88 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurMaman View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. That meant a lot to me. The stomach bug has run through the rest of the family - so we're taking it easy today.

Tara - I'm proud of you for reading up and being pregnancy-savvy enough to see through that BS. Cephalopelvic disproportion is a very rare thing - occuring in less than 2% of births. However, in our country with the 30% + c-section rates it is the NUMBER 1 reason given for scheduled surgeries. This is a terribly hoax - and if you don't believe me wait until she delivers a baby under 9 pounds. The equation that they use to estimate weight in the third trimester is faulty. I feel sad that the babies get evicted and have to suffer for the convenience of the medical system.

On a happier note - I get an ultrasound tomorrow. After having a belly-ache for two days, I'm anxious to see my baby looking healthy. I have had about 4 types of viruses and illnesses this pregnancy, so I am praying that the child is resilient.
This is EXACTLY what I told DH!!!! I was venting all evening about it, practically yelling because I was so frusterated and hurt for her. I told him I'd bet him anything that she'd have a baby that was no bigger than 9lbs. He wouldn't take the bet because he agrees with me. He even said, "That baby can't gain 5lbs in 1 week, can it?! They don't grow that fast!" I imagine I'll be feeling anxious waiting to hear any news tomorrow. It's scheduled for 7am.

She's not sure she wants anymore kids because she's hated being pg so much. But, if she does decide to have more, believe me, I'll be spending some time giving her info and book recs this time. I hate just standing by and not saying anything right now. It's killing me that she doesn't know how wonderful pregnancy and birth can be.
#89 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 PM

What gets me is the people who believe the crap these doctors say. I know several people who went straight to c/s because "baby was too big" (none of 9lbs, now) to deliver vaginally. A girl I know was told after she was sectioned (she was induced and didn't progess.. she was only a couple of days late, hello, her body wasn't ready, grr!) so she was cut, and her ob told her later that she'd have to have c/s with all the babies she has b/c her pelvis isn't big enough to vaginally birth a baby-- and she believes him. Now, how can one know that if one never even got to attempt a vaginal birth? Her baby never moved down into the birth canal. Unnecessary inductions, and unnecessary c/s really get me going.

My sister is one who's glad she had a c/s with her first (failed induction) and plans another for future kids because she doesn't believe that she should have to be late or go through the pain of labor. She even goes around telling people how dangerous VBACs are and how they should just have another c/s!!! Talk about frustratin!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#90 of 109 Old 05-01-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
My sister is one who's glad she had a c/s with her first (failed induction) and plans another for future kids because she doesn't believe that she should have to be late or go through the pain of labor. She even goes around telling people how dangerous VBACs are and how they should just have another c/s!!! Talk about frustratin!
Sounds like she has a wealth of experience with VBACs :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page