Excited To Give Birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ever since the day I found out I was pregnant with my first, all I can think of is "Yay, I get to give birth!!" I am just thrilled that I actually get to go through labor and birth! I get more and more excited about it with every passing week. Everyone I know thinks I am nuts but I don't let it bother me. Anyone else super excited about that too?

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#2 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 10:08 AM

I'm really excited too. I'm so happy with my mw and feel really good about wanting to labor in the water. My last birth went so smoothly, I hope this one is as complication-free. I'm not scared at all, just excited to experience this!
#3 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, that is it! Everyone keeps asking me if I am scared or not (because this is my first), but I am just NOT! I am glad I am not alone in this. It is nice to hear that other mama's are excited about it too!

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#4 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 10:47 AM

I am completely excited about it!!!
#5 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 AM

With my first I was a bit scared of birth since I had never experienced it.. with my 2nd I wasn't concerned so much about the birth as just making it full term (had a scary first pregnancy).

This time I'm much more 'worried' about the newborn period (last baby had horrid reflux his first yr).. then I am pregnancy or birth LOL! In fact as you said yourself I'm rather excited about the birth process this time around.. and am planning for a natural relaxing birth at home (probably in water)!

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#6 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:05 AM

I am very excited (and I do get scared, too)! I am really looking forward to giving birth.
#7 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM

Yes, super excited! Last time, the PP was pretty darn good so that's what I'm expecting this time. Labor is hard but the actual birth part comes pretty easily for me. I've only pushed a few times with each.
#8 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM

This is my first, so sometimes I do get nervous. But I've been looking a birth supply list here on Mothering and got a supply list from my midwife. (And she usually doesn't give them out until much later.) For some reason looking at the list and planning and thinking about giving birth at home just gets me SO excited!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#9 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:26 AM

I'm super excited too!

I was talking with another pregnant mama last night and she said she was so scared to go into labor. This was her second so she said she knew what to be afraid of. And she said she was DREADING it. I felt like she was trying to scare me. And that somehow since this was my first I was too stupid to know I should be terrified of the pain of labor. Then later in the conversation she extolled the virtues of an epidural and how she hated feeling the contractions so she could push. And she even said she wished she could be knocked out and they just hand her a clean baby when she wakes up. She then asked if I was doing a natural birth without drugs and when I said yes she gave the annoying comment of "you'll change your mind when you feel the pain."

But I'm still super excited!!!! Yes, I'm nervous, but not scared. I'm going to take Bradley classes and I have confidence in myself. I'm sure I can work with my body and get the job done.

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#10 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:27 AM

I am extremely excited!!! Many mummies today are swept up in the must-get-an-epidural to live thing and since our society treats labor and birth as a medical event, that is how many of today's moms see it. To be it is a miracle, the most beautiful and amazing thing that I could ever do.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#11 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
I'm super excited too!

I was talking with another pregnant mama last night and she said she was so scared to go into labor. This was her second so she said she knew what to be afraid of. And she said she was DREADING it. I felt like she was trying to scare me. And that somehow since this was my first I was too stupid to know I should be terrified of the pain of labor. Then later in the conversation she extolled the virtues of an epidural and how she hated feeling the contractions so she could push. And she even said she wished she could be knocked out and they just hand her a clean baby when she wakes up. She then asked if I was doing a natural birth without drugs and when I said yes she gave the annoying comment of "you'll change your mind when you feel the pain."

But I'm still super excited!!!! Yes, I'm nervous, but not scared. I'm going to take Bradley classes and I have confidence in myself. I'm sure I can work with my body and get the job done.
my case in point. Since so many doctors don't have confidence in women, these women have no confidence in themselves! I guess so many ppl don't realize that childbirth has been happening since there were animals on this earth. And believe you me, you didn't hear my puppy grace yelling about getting an epidural when she gave birth to triplets

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#12 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:45 AM

I'm right there with you!! I can't wait to give birth.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#13 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
She then asked if I was doing a natural birth without drugs and when I said yes she gave the annoying comment of "you'll change your mind when you feel the pain."
I have some friends and relatives like this, too. Very annoying!!! Keep up your confidence, heck yes you can do it! I keep reading POSITIVE birth stories to bolster my confidence. Thank goodness for MDC.
#14 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 12:22 PM

I am also super excited about giving birth. I know people would think I'm nuts too especially because this is my first, but I don't care. I don't want to let their negativity ruin my birth experience.

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

#15 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think much fear come from not knowing what may happen, especially in a mainstream route. There are jsut so many unknowns when you are intervening. And when your goal is to not feel the pain or to avoid it all together...well you can't really win with birth. I guess I know there will be some pain and it will be over with before I know it. When you look at it as a natural process that you get to experience it is rather exciting to see what your body CAN do when left to do its job. I am thrilled to do it again to! All the less fun parts are so momentary. It is just fun to see what will happen!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#16 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
Ever since the day I found out I was pregnant with my first, all I can think of is "Yay, I get to give birth!!" I am just thrilled that I actually get to go through labor and birth! I get more and more excited about it with every passing week. Everyone I know thinks I am nuts but I don't let it bother me. Anyone else super excited about that too?
So excited here. I remember being excited for my first birth, but also hesitant not knowing what to expect from my body. My coworkers all think I'm completely nuts for the way I gave birth to my first and how I'm planning on doing it similarly with my second.
#17 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 01:02 PM

I've been mostly a lurker on here, but I am also very excited to give birth! This will be my second, but I was excited the first time too. I did so much reading and preparing for birth that I was not afraid of it. There was some nervous excitement, but I really never felt fear.

We moved into our house last summer and our master bath has a big jacuzzi bathtub. When I would take baths in it, even way before pg, I would fantasize about giving birth in there, which is now exactly what I'm planning When I shared that with some online friends, most of them thought it was odd to fantasize about birth b/c their experiences were not the greatest.

I also remember when we toured the big hospital near our house when I was pg with DD (we already knew we were going to a different one, but figured we would check this one out just to know since it was so close). A woman on the tour with us asked the nurse if she could be knocked out for the birth. The nurse basically said that they don't do that unless there is an emergency and they need to do general anesthesia, but that poor woman just seemed so terrified of birth and I felt so bad for her.
#18 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 PM

Yes! I'm excited about going into labour and feeling those first contractions coming 5 minutes apart and then being like "I'm almost there!"

My last birth, was 40 min. from 1st contraction to babe in arms. LOL, so while I'm slightly nervous about being in the car or in a store or something when the babe shows up this time, I'm definitely excited about that day!

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#19 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 01:50 PM

This is my fourth, and I am SO EXCITED to give birth again! My dh is excited about it too, which is sort of surprising because I didn't ever realize he was that into it.
#20 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 02:03 PM

I am very excited. This is my first and I am fortunate to have a really down-to-earth, centered midwife who puts my mind at ease about having a homebirth. My mother and sister have both had easy non-medicated pregnancies, so I'm hoping the same will be true for me. I have been blessed so far with a very easy pregnancy. I do my best to revel in the excitement and anticipation and not worry so much over what could go wrong. Ina May Gaskin's books also help me get even more psyched.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#21 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 02:32 PM

Yep! Totally excited here, too - and DH is really excited to catch again!

DS's birth was a breeze - I'm hoping this one goes just as smoothly. I keep thinking of us all curled up and nursing together in our bed and get all weepy.
#22 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 02:57 PM

Ehhhh I can't say I'm excited or thrilled, but I'm not scared either. I hated the back labor I had with ds (thanks to being sunny-side up), other then that it was a great birth. I'm excited that more than likely this dc will be born without any un-necessary interventions and that it's one of the greatest gifts I can give to him/her. If, for some reason, an intervention is needed (and again I don't know why I would but I cover my bases), I know will have done my best and be happy with that. I think it's awesome that the ladies here are excited...sadly that is rare to find nowadays.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#23 of 26 Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 PM

i cant wait!!! this is my 4th and last more than likely. i have worked so hard at setting up the ideal environment for our bith. i cant wait for what we have prepared to materialize! i want to meet my new little boy and get on w/ living!!! although im 21 weeks right now, i havent really had a chance to enjoy my pregnancy b/c of all the struggles w/ finding a great MW...so im super excited about that day!
#24 of 26 Old 05-16-2008, 07:58 PM

I've been excited since before we even actually conceived. I started reading Ina May Gaskin's book a couple of months before we actually got pregnant, and I got really, really excited. Everyone keeps telling me the same as you, Down2Earth--"you'll change your mind when you feel the pain"--but I don't think that's true. Thinking about the childbirth experience makes me want to cry (in the good way!), and I can't WAIT to achieve that HUGE accomplishment.
#25 of 26 Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Hi, new here, but what a great question ! So nice to find a group of women who are excited about birth.

I've already done two midwife assisted homebirths, both back labours - and I am really looking forward to trying a hypnobirth this time. I have the book Hypnobabies, and our town is getting a certified instructor in August, just in time for me! Hooray!

I can't imagine wanting to be frozen and and strapped to a bed for such a wonderful experience. I feel sad for women who don't have joyful births , for whatever reason.
#26 of 26 Old 05-18-2008, 03:02 AM

I am also very excited. I LOVED our daughter's birth so much, after about a month I thought to myself "I can't wait to do that again". It is SO painful, but the connection I have with my husband and the bond is just so amazing to me. I pray that this birth goes just as well as my last.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page