Weekly Chit Chat June 1-June 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I figured I'd go ahead and start the thread while I'm thinking about it.

Have a wonderful week ladies! Here's to growing healthy, happy babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 03:17 PM

You're on it with these chat threads, girl!

Nothing really very exciting to report this week. I do plan to start on the babe's quilt in between papers I need to write for school, which will be fun. Dh's b-day is tomorrow so I'll be baking a cake tonight for that. What'd ya think...vegan boston cream pie? I think he'll love it. If not, more for me, right?!

Have a fantastic week!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:38 PM

Oooh that sounds so good Ashley! Hopefully he doesn't love it too much

With me, I am switching my sons care from on base to John Hopkins because I heard it is so much better and he got a heat rash poor thing.

Next wednesday (22w1d) I will have my very first prenatal and it will be with a homebirth midwife I still cannot believe I am going to get the birth that I want!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 06-01-2008, 03:54 PM

I'm going a little nuts with all the stuff I have to do, my finals are only a week and a half away!! Ahh! Weekends are when I catch up on studying AND clean the house and it seems I really can only do one or the other these days. And I'm feeling super lazy after a productive day yesterday.

OH! But I satisfied my first real pregnancy craving yesterday and it was SOOOOOOOO good!!! Coffee ice cream! I'd been wanting it for days and days for some reason and couldn't hold off anymore. We even went out in a big thunder/lightening storm to get it for me!

I think I'll go have another bowl....

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 06-01-2008, 03:58 PM

I always feel so behind in these posts to jump in, so I thought I'd catch this one early!

birthdancedoula, the pie sounds amazing. You're making me hungry! I have such a sweet tooth with this babe.

Triple, I hope your son is better soon. I'm happy for you that you are getting your homebirth! I'm pretty jealous!

I'm beyond excited right now, as my sister is currently in labor with my new niece! I'm watching her other daughter, who is 6, and can barely stand the wait (kinda like me!). She had a really rough time with her first labor/delivery, so I'm hoping this one goes more smoothly. AND I only have 24 more hours to wait until my u/s tomorrow! I'm so antsy right now I can hardly stand it!

Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 PM

Subbing- doesn't happen often but right now I can't think of anything to say.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:55 PM

Wow Bee, how super exciting for you..be sure to update when she has that babe!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
You're on it with these chat threads, girl!

Nothing really very exciting to report this week. I do plan to start on the babe's quilt in between papers I need to write for school, which will be fun. Dh's b-day is tomorrow so I'll be baking a cake tonight for that. What'd ya think...vegan boston cream pie? I think he'll love it. If not, more for me, right?!

Have a fantastic week!!
Care to share the recipe with a fellow vegan? :
Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Very exciting Bee!! Definitely let us know how the birth goes, as well as the u/s!

Maryann, I'm so excited for you that you're getting the birth you really want! I know what a relief it is to find something that will meet all your needs and wants!

Amber Lion....I'm all about the ice cream right now!! I'm an ice cream nut anyway but I've discovered that I love it even more now! And, as a bonus, the Hufflette kicks a lot when I eat it!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Yep! Our little one does the same!! I see it as license to eat it - that and it's got protein!!!

Keep us updated Bee! I'll admit, I'm a birth junkie.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 06-01-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Dh's b-day is tomorrow so I'll be baking a cake tonight for that. What'd ya think...vegan boston cream pie? I think he'll love it. If not, more for me, right?!
Um, okay - recipe please? Or make me one and ship it to my doorstep?

Today I've been feeling a bit depressed. I hope that it's just b/c today the belly feels huge and it got up over 80 degrees today for the first time. It sucks to try to stand or sit up, it sucks to walk, bend over, etc. I guess I'm preaching to the choir here though!

How long till October again?

PS -- about the ice cream - I've got a quart of So Delicious Butter Pecan in my freezer with my name all over it - AND waffle cones!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 PM

Tee hee hee just today I went out and got coconut pineapple ice cream and it is DELISH-OUS!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Bee make sure you let us know when your sister has that baby!!

Bostom cream pie sounds delicious!!!

Quote:
Today I've been feeling a bit depressed. I hope that it's just b/c today the belly feels huge and it got up over 80 degrees today for the first time. It sucks to try to stand or sit up, it sucks to walk, bend over, etc. I guess I'm preaching to the choir here though!
I hope it's just a one time bad day and you wake up happy and feeling beautiful tomorrow!!!

I am so thrilled it is finally warming up here...I finally feel like I can be outside and I am enjoying it emensley!!! As are the boys...it has been raining and cold here so much lately.

As for the pregnancy...I am doing great....other then the restless leg syndrome which is driving me bonkers!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:04 PM

I just made the BEST peach cobbler I've ever had in my entire life. :
Old 06-02-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
I just made the BEST peach cobbler I've ever had in my entire life. :
Okay, now I'm REALLY hungry!

I just got back from visiting my new beautiful niece! My sister did awesome. She went from 6cm to complete in 10 minutes, and pushed twice and had a baby! Definitely a different experience than the 24+ hour labor and 3 hours of pushing she had with her first. And instead of a 10lb baby, like her first daughter was, this little peanut only weighed 6.5 lbs. It took her five years to get up the nerve to have a second child, and now she's already ready to do it again! Mom and baby are happy and healthy, and baby is nursing beautifully. I'm on cloud nine!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 AM

Last week it was BBQ, now it's ice cream, right? DH's couvade is that HE wants the ice cream more than I do, really. But oddly enough, I did find myself eating a wee bit of Chunky Monkey after dinner tonight. I'd rather have some of Changed's peach cobbler, though, that's one of my favorites.

Bee that's wonderful news about your sister and new niece. How exciting!

Nothing going on here except thinking endlessly about how I want to decorate my baby girl's nursery.

I hope everyone has a great week. I'm looking forward to seeing Eddie Izzard (British comedian) perform live on Tuesday evening. I think I'm going to take off work the next day to rest, though.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:44 AM

We're back from San Diego and had a blast. I love the beach, it's the perfect place to take little ones for outdoor fun all day long.

I was reading the last chit chat thread....Congrats to Celeste on the HB decision. I'm so excited for your upcoming experience.

Our 4 year anniversary is this week on the 5th so I know I'll be getting some kind of good, fancy food this week! : Can't wait.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Dh's b-day is tomorrow so I'll be baking a cake tonight for that. What'd ya think...vegan boston cream pie? I think he'll love it. If not, more for me, right?!

Have a fantastic week!!
My DH's b-day is tomorrow too! No boston cream pie though, I think he was wanting cheesecake (or maybe that's just what *I* want...).

Nothing much to report - I am exhausted today! We took DS to the pool for a little while and I am completely worn out. I can't even finish a single coherent thought - seriously, I think I backspaced on every.single.word in this sentence. I need to go to sleep! See you all in the AM!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 AM

Aww that is wonderful Bee!!! I am so glad that she had such a better experience to put a positive perspective on birth for her !

So now I actually like my protein shakes! Now that we had $$$ to go shopping, I went and bought a good rice protein powder w/ 15 g of protein and lots of greens and vitamins and all that good stuff in it, soy milk, since cows milk yucks me out, and lots of frozen fruits to make it more of a milkshake consistency. AND I actually like the taste

Tomorrow I am off to take my bub to the doctor, and I can't believe Im almost 22 weeks along

Old 06-02-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post

Next wednesday (22w1d) I will have my very first prenatal and it will be with a homebirth midwife I still cannot believe I am going to get the birth that I want!!!
im so happy for you! have fun at your appt!

Quote:
Tee hee hee just today I went out and got coconut pineapple ice cream and it is DELISH-OUS!!!
that sounds awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee21 View Post
I just got back from visiting my new beautiful niece! My sister did awesome. She went from 6cm to complete in 10 minutes, and pushed twice and had a baby! Definitely a different experience than the 24+ hour labor and 3 hours of pushing she had with her first. And instead of a 10lb baby, like her first daughter was, this little peanut only weighed 6.5 lbs. It took her five years to get up the nerve to have a second child, and now she's already ready to do it again! Mom and baby are happy and healthy, and baby is nursing beautifully. I'm on cloud nine!
congrats!!! wow what a birth experience, huh?

nothing much happening here this week..more appts. w/ the chiro. I was finally OUT of pain this weekend for the first time in nearly 2 weeks, so im going to keep it up.

im working on knitting a blanket for the baby and am on my 2nd skein of yarn. I only have 3 skeins so im hoping that the yarn store has more b/c im really screwed if they dont! lol!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:14 AM

I never jump on these threads because I can't find the time to answer everyone! So I will do a group I hope everyone has a great week and satisfies all their cravings!

I am starting to get nervous about our cruise on the 27th, There is so much for me to pack for all of us! And I am dreading the flight. And I guess I am getting cold feet even though I know we will have a fantastic time. (Gee, something about traveling for 2 weeks with 4 little ones and 22-24 wks pg)

Otherwise I am getting excited about the baby even more now that I am feeling movement every day now. I can't wait until they are strong enough for my other children to feel.

That's all from me, have a great week!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 06-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy4hs View Post
I am starting to get nervous about our cruise on the 27th, There is so much for me to pack for all of us! And I am dreading the flight. And I guess I am getting cold feet even though I know we will have a fantastic time. (Gee, something about traveling for 2 weeks with 4 little ones and 22-24 wks pg)
Wow you are brave! Sometimes I have to rethink going to the mall with my crazy 2 year old, LOL. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time though.

I'm trying to decide where to have DH take me to lunch before our u/s. I keep reminding myself that they are going to weigh me after I eat. But then again, I really don't care! I think I'm craving Mexican food...
Old 06-02-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy4hs View Post
I never jump on these threads because I can't find the time to answer everyone! So I will do a group I hope everyone has a great week and satisfies all their cravings!

Otherwise I am getting excited about the baby even more now that I am feeling movement every day now. I can't wait until they are strong enough for my other children to feel.

That's all from me, have a great week!
im the same way. i just cant keep up w/ these younger moms to be! lol!

nervous is good..it will get your stuff done (at least thats how i am! lol!). i was a wreck before ds3 and i went to Ga. alone in March to get our new car....just hte 2 of us flying down there and driving back up north for several days. in the end, nothing i was nervous about ever happened! lol!

im feeling baby now too and im 24 weeks this week....it took this one a long time to really make his presence known each day...but im glad i can feel him now.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

That's great news about your sister's birth experience Bee! It certainly sounds more wonderful than her 1st!

Back to the ice cream.............I make homemade ice cream a lot in the summer and share the batches with my family since I don't need it all in my house (makes 5gal). My last batch was for my Mom's birthday last week. I made a banana ice cream with bananas and vanilla wafers. It was sooooo heavenly! It was like banana cream pie ice cream. YUM! I make a lot mint chip too. I think I may try a peach next. It sounds refreshing.

Nothing new here with baby. Just growing lots! I think it was on pregnancy. or that I saw between 20 and 21 wks the baby goes from about 6" to about 10"!!! WOW! Talk about a growth spurt! No wonder I'm getting quite a bit bigger every week and gaining a lb a week too.

I had to report for jury duty this morning. They called 400 people for selecting 3 trials. They were down to just 2 when we all got there (maybe only half showed up!) so that was great. They selected about 45 for each trial to question and then get their final 13 each from. Thank goodness I wasn't chosen. I just don't think I have the emotional stability to sit through a trial. Too stressful. Not to mention, I have to pee every hour and eat every 2 hours.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:35 PM

Jumping in here...won't be able to keep up, as it's a payroll week....super busy for me.
Congrats to bee, on your new little niece!! how wonderful!
Seems like we have lots of bdays this week. It's my #4 bday on the 5th, she'll be 11. I am looking forward to the ice cream too! mmmm....I had bought some butter pecan last month for my youngest bday and thought the kids would leave it alone...didn't happen. I didn't get even one spoonful...ugh! so I think i'm gonna try to hide it this time...lol!

Did a lot of swimming this weekend, talk about being worn out afterward! I'm so glad the pool is finally open. I just put on my old suit with a tshirt over, it works well for now. Wonder if it will get me through the summer? hmmmm....

Besides that, I finally have my first prenatal tomorrow afternoon and then my U/S on Friday. hope everyone has an awesome week!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Believe it! Revel in it! I hope we all get the birth we want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I'm with you on that one. Just keep moving! The less you move, the worse you'll feel. I had to hold the side of the bath the other day to stand up out of it...it was somewhat surreal!
And the heat... it's been up towards 90 (with loads of humidity) and I am going to have to make some huge changes due to my typical heat sensitivity + pregnancy. I don't think I'm baking a kid in there, I feel like I'm broiling one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
As for the pregnancy...I am doing great....other then the restless leg syndrome which is driving me bonkers!!!!
MASSAGE, MASSAGE, MASSAGE! However you need to get it done, do it! Depending on where you live, it shouldn't be hard to find an affordable therapist who is willing to just work your lower back and legs. If you figure out your 'pattern' and stick to a schedule, you shouldn't feel ANY discomfort. I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Back to the ice cream.............I make homemade ice cream a lot in the summer and share the batches with my family since I don't need it all in my house (makes 5gal). My last batch was for my Mom's birthday last week. I made a banana ice cream with bananas and vanilla wafers. It was sooooo heavenly! It was like banana cream pie ice cream. YUM! I make a lot mint chip too. I think I may try a peach next. It sounds refreshing.
All of this ice cream talk is going to make me cry! Those sound amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysaurus View Post
Did a lot of swimming this weekend, talk about being worn out afterward! I'm so glad the pool is finally open. I just put on my old suit with a tshirt over, it works well for now. Wonder if it will get me through the summer? hmmmm....

Besides that, I finally have my first prenatal tomorrow afternoon and then my U/S on Friday. hope everyone has an awesome week!
I'm so jealous of the swimming and the suit fitting! Until I find a place and a suit, I just lay in the bath and pretend it's big enough for me to move around in! Hooray for your baby visits!

As for me, I'm just HOT! I caught myself feeling insecure and sad again today, I hope it doesn't become a habit.

I drive three hours (each way) every weekend to work at my Indiana office and visit my family...and now, with no A/C in a dying car, I may have to stop coming! I almost passed out on my 10 minute drive through town yesterday! I have someone taking a look at it this week, but cross your fingers for me, because if it's more than a leak/recharge/temp solution, I'll have to do without. UGH.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
It sucks to try to stand or sit up, it sucks to walk, bend over, etc.
Just thinking, you might want to try to make it to the chiro. I don't think you should be that uncomfortable at this point. I can't remember really how it was with my first but with my 4th, I'm still having no discomfort at all.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Just thinking, you might want to try to make it to the chiro. I don't think you should be that uncomfortable at this point. I can't remember really how it was with my first but with my 4th, I'm still having no discomfort at all.
It's not really my back at all, it's my belly. I'm just not used to having this belly at all. When I stand up from sitting down, I get skeeved out by the way it feels (like a bag of worms!?) moving around. Sometimes it just feels like a giant rock is sitting there. I think I've been feeling my uterus contract here and there, as well. Sometimes when I feel it, it's hard as stone on one side and soft on the other. Is that a contraction of some sort?

That, and I wasn't able to go potty for 4 days. I think that's enough to make anyone bloated and miserable. I didn't want to move.

I'm catching myself feeling sad and insecure a lot lately too. Last night I was really torturing myself, asking myself if I'm strong enough for this. I never imagined I would be having doubts or insecurities, I always knew I would be in my element being pregnant. It has been very educational, indeed, to learn this much about myself in such a short period of time.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-02-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
It's not really my back at all, it's my belly. I'm just not used to having this belly at all. When I stand up from sitting down, I get skeeved out by the way it feels (like a bag of worms!?) moving around. Sometimes it just feels like a giant rock is sitting there. I think I've been feeling my uterus contract here and there, as well. Sometimes when I feel it, it's hard as stone on one side and soft on the other. Is that a contraction of some sort?

That, and I wasn't able to go potty for 4 days. I think that's enough to make anyone bloated and miserable. I didn't want to move.

I'm catching myself feeling sad and insecure a lot lately too. Last night I was really torturing myself, asking myself if I'm strong enough for this. I never imagined I would be having doubts or insecurities, I always knew I would be in my element being pregnant. It has been very educational, indeed, to learn this much about myself in such a short period of time.
I am so glad you posted this. I'm right there with you, in every way. I get frustrated every time I think I have to pee and it turns out it's a stretched uterus feeling, not a stretched bladder one. Like I don't actually have to go too many times already?

Hard on one side and squishy on the other? Hard side = spine, squishy side = belly. Your LO is probably shifting around and putting his back up against his wall.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:44 PM

I think that is a contraction maybe. I've been having the same thing and I'm fairly sure the baby isn't strong enough to make anything THAT hard or uncomfortable.

I feel ya with the pooping. My god. I've cut out all overnight trips from here on out. One day away from home and i'm torn up for a week. The magnesium works though and I'm hanging in there. THe natural calm was getting expensive so I switched to just magnesium citrate tablets and it's working well enough.

User Tag List