Anyone else feeling BRAXTON HICKS already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my second, so I know what to look for with generally everything...

But I've noticed braxton hicks like crazy everyday...Especially when I have to pee.

What about you? Feeling them?

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#2 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM

Yep and this time they kinda hurt! I have probably on average one an hour.
#3 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 07:52 PM

hehe.. this is my third pregnancy.... and I started having BH at 13 weeks :P .... aren't I special!?

Just remember to drink lost of fluids, and 'try not' to over work/over stress yourself . They are a normal part of things.... but man they sure can get annoying !

And yes.. 'sometimes' mine kinda hurt now too..... but usually not (thankfully).

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#4 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM

in the morning I will feel a couple but besides that, not really thankfully!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#5 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 08:50 PM

All day today when we were out at the park, but they where really mild.
#6 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 08:54 PM

This is only baby #1 and I'm already feeling them!!! I agree that it seems more when I have to pee. They aren't really painful but feel more like my uterus just tensing up and it gets super hard like after sex. I actually got to see one at our u/s last week! It was really cool to see what the uterus looks like from the inside when it's happening.
#7 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 PM

Yup. DS and I were at Target the other day when I got a couple whoppers right in a row. The poor security guard looked like he might pass out if I went into labor right then and there. I assured him I was no where near that stage. DS was VERY worried though, so I'm making sure that I drag a big bottle of water everywhere we go. Fluids have definitely helped (though now I feel like I'm constantly in the bathroom).
#8 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 PM

Oh yeah. But this is babe #5 for me so they're kind of expected. I had the at around 18 weeks or so last time, too.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#9 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 PM

Yep, add me to the list! I'm just glad these things have a name and are common! I was starting to worry. But now that I know what's going on, I feel better about it. Mostly it just feels tight and/or hard, and like pressure or stiffness. I only had a handful where I would call them painful - but even then it was just discomfort, not pain.

Let the good times roll, I guess!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#10 of 48 Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 PM

I'm sorry - I am kinda clueless about these. How do I know if I'm having them? I don't *think* I've felt any contractions but this is my first baby so I really don't know what they feel like.
#11 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeddyBee View Post
I'm sorry - I am kinda clueless about these. How do I know if I'm having them? I don't *think* I've felt any contractions but this is my first baby so I really don't know what they feel like.
It's this peculiar tightening feeling- the stomach tightens and feels sort of uncomfortable for a few seconds or up to a minute and then relaxes again.

If it's your first though, I was the same way- actually, I couldn't even feel my first braxton hicks until I was 30 WEEKS.

This time though, I felt my first ones at 14! I know, early but I really did feel them

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#12 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 AM

I never noticed them in my first pregnancy but I have been having them for months already with this one.
#13 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeddyBee View Post
For me, I can feel my uterus getting super tight and it hardens. It's not really painful yet though. Just tight and kind of like there's pressure in the wrong spots. Sorry if this is TMI but it kind of reminds me of the way my uterus feels after an orgasm.
#14 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Sorry if this is TMI but it kind of reminds me of the way my uterus feels after an orgasm.
This could be because o'ing causes LOTS of BH Or did you mean before you were pg...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#15 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 06:02 PM

I just felt my first one today. It was after I got back from walking and had a really full bladder. In some of my pregnancies I've noticed them super early on, and in some not till the 3rd trimester.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#16 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
This could be because o'ing causes LOTS of BH Or did you mean before you were pg...
No, I actually meant since I've been pg! I hadn't thought of that. Silly me. I did find it odd that my orgasms didn't start feeling like that until just the last several weeks. Huh. Thanks for the info!
#17 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
This could be because o'ing causes LOTS of BH
Is this why dtd has been unbelievably uncomfortable for me lately?? I couldn't explain why to dh, but it felt very strange.

I never felt any bh contractions with my first. I did have some mild menstrual-like cramps after 30 or so weeks, and I've already been feeling those this time. No tightening that I've noticed though.
#18 of 48 Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
... but it kind of reminds me of the way my uterus feels after an orgasm.
I completely agree with you!! I definitely have the same tightness going on, just like after an orgasm...

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#19 of 48 Old 06-04-2008, 09:15 AM

I have been having them like crazy, too, for at least a few weeks now. I keep reminding myself that my uterus is getting nice and toned for the real thing.
#20 of 48 Old 06-04-2008, 10:46 AM

I was having a ton 2 days ago, so many an hour that I was starting to get concerned. But then I realized that I was out in the sun playing with the kids and I didn't rehydrate very well. I drank about 32 oz of water and they settled down.

I wrote myself a note and taped it to my cabinets that says DRINK! so that I don't forget.
#21 of 48 Old 06-04-2008, 11:32 AM

I think as far as O'ing goes it always causes uterine contractions. We just feel them now that our uteri are getting big

I've been feeling them for a few weeks. Most are mild but I have one or two every day that are just solid lol! Like Susan I notice more when I haven't been drinking a lot of water so I try to stay hydrated. Going to carry tons of water when the kids and I start spending more time at the parks and such for the summer.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#22 of 48 Old 06-04-2008, 12:25 PM

I've been feeling them since 14 weeks this time. I get them a lot when I'm at work running around, one night I actually left 3 hours early because they were coming so constantly - but that was right after I had been sick with a stomach bug, so going home, drinking water, and laying down really helped.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#23 of 48 Old 06-04-2008, 08:50 PM

Yep...I think I had my first at the Los Angeles Airport around 1am waiting for our flight to Australia. That was a week ago and now while in Australia I def. had one yesterday. I had to pee also and the tightening feeling was so weird. It kind of freaked me out at first.
#24 of 48 Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 PM

I think I've had a few different kinds of BH. One day when I was out on a walk, my whole belly felt achy, especially the top...and I was barely able to walk back home. I rested on the couch and they went away in like 10 minutes. Then other days I feel very tight around my whole belly....

My doctor said that the first one was BH...but I guess the tight belly w/o pain is a BH too...??...
#25 of 48 Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Last night I had a heckuva dirty dream that resulted in a real orgasm, which woke me. Then, I experienced BH. Didn't hurt, just was really intense and a bit strange. I'm kind of wondering if I dreamed it, but I'm pretty sure I was awake.

ETA: The contraction was way more intense and different from the stuff that usually goes on after I orgasm. I've never experienced anything like it before. I even DTD earlier that evening and the sensations after that orgasm were not even close to the same.
#26 of 48 Old 06-05-2008, 11:29 AM

I'm happy to know others are having them, too. Actually, I never really thought "braxton hicks" but I've noticed a tightening several times during the day most days. It gets really hard and a bit uncomfortable, then loosens back up.
#27 of 48 Old 06-05-2008, 01:17 PM

I almost had one of those dreams last night. Why, WHY can't my costar ever be someone I find attractive?!
#28 of 48 Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Last night I had a heckuva dirty dream that resulted in a real orgasm, which woke me.
Oh my gosh this doesn't just happen to me???

I almost cried to my husband after a VERY dirty dream and orgasm because I felt so awful and guilty and I bellowed, "I thought this only happened to guys!"

-Caitrin

#29 of 48 Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 PM

Don't feel guilty! It's not like you can control your dreams. It's totally normal pregnancy hormones. Although, IME it does tell what sex the baby is.
#30 of 48 Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 PM

^I knew mine was a boy!! I'm forever having crazy sex dreams!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page