Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's a new week already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Woohoo! I count Mondays as the start of the new week so I've come to love Mondays lately. 23 weeks!
#3 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Woohoo! I count Mondays as the start of the new week so I've come to love Mondays lately. 23 weeks!
Monday is the start of my new weeks as well...though i'm two behind you...21 weeks today!!!

#4 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mine too - mine too! I'm 22 weeks today.
#5 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 PM

Mondays are the start of a new week for me too, but I'm behind ALL of you.

I'm 20 weeks today. Woo-hoo the 1/2 way mark! YEAH! It just feels so good to get here.

Plus- today is my birthday! So its a good Monday.

Although, DH starts classes tonight and is going straight from work to class from 5:30 -9:30 pm Mondays & Wednesdays. Ugh. We celebrated my birthday yesterday though, so he made up for it. Hopefully the summer will go by fast and he'll get these classes over with. LOL.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DS2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, missing our
, and another boy
born June!
#6 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
That's too funny! My weeks turn over on Fridays so I guess that's just one more reason to look forward to the end of the week!

Hufflette is very active now and kicking the fetoscope when I listen to the heartbeat and kicking Daddy when he puts his hand on my belly. It's so cute to see DH's face! He's started talking into my belly too which is super sweet. My next prenatal appt is this Friday. We'll get the results from our 20wk u/s. Then we're heading out of town to visit DH's family. His grandfather isn't doing well and we need to make sure we get out there to see him. They're guessing it'll only be a couple months, maybe. It's a 4 hour car ride which I'm not looking forward to for the sake of my back and hips. OUCH.

Happy birthday lovelife! By the time I have another birthday, I'll have a 3mo old baby!
#7 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:17 PM

Happy Bday Lovelife!!

Sunday's are my turn over day. I'm 21 weeks yesterday. Had a wonderful weekend. U/S on Friday, i posted results on another thread. Chris can finally feel baby move, so that was pretty cool. He really seems to be more "connected" now that we've had the U/S and he knows the gender. OH and I finally told my mom!! She took it so well. I was expecting this complete blowup and negativity, but she said as long as you're happy, i'm happy! She also told me she's been having dreams since last year..lol...that #8 was coming. So she kinda "knew".

That's about it for us!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#8 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Happy birthday, Lovelife!

My week starts on Sunday, so woo hoo, 23 weeks! I'm excited! Almost technically 6 months pregnant! I'm definitely looking it, lol.

I'm still trying to get over the shock that this baby is a girl! I keep looking at the pictures, hoping the tech wasn't "wrong" or something! I don't think I'm going to have any more u/s now, so that's it until this baby is earthside. I'm just still scared to believe it, I guess!

Oh, what else is new? We are still working on getting the house in order, slowly. I wasn't in any condition yesterday to clean, even though I was supposed to. I was getting this pinchy pain in my groin every time I moved, so I was like, forget it - I'll wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen, but I cannot lift boxes or sort through junk in the upstairs. Or do laundry. Luckily DH was very helpful!

We've had the AC running for the past few days, we've gotten into 100 degree territory here in NJ. It's insane! I love the heat, but come on - not yet! Give me some nice summery days first, and THEN hit me with a heatwave or something!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Carrie
mama to Nora(8)
and Finn (5)
    and Baby Tiebreaker due 1/18
#9 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 PM

Oh man, the weather has been weird here. We went to a minor league baseball game yesterday and it was soooo freaking cold DS cried until we left. It's JUNE WTF!

What's new....

We're moving in a few weeks. We pick up the keys on the 24th and they're packing on the 25th, loading on the 26th and dropping off on the 27th. We're just moving across town too! I'm a little worried about the physical stress. We have to come clean the house we're moving out of on the 27th. Ugh. I'm excited though overall. We need a little more space and desperately need a fenced yard for the kids. They're so excited! It's another step towards using less energy and saving money since DH could walk to work and everything will be at arms reach on base. I tend to keep to myself when it comes to immediate neighbors anyway so I'm trying not to care too much that we generally don't have anything in common with other military families. Other than the whole military thing.

I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I plan to tell the Dr. that I don't want to follow her schedule for appointments. She wants to see my weekly from 26 weeks on but I just can't help but feel like that is a set up to look for and find trouble. I'm anxious to find out what my weight gain will reflect there. I don't want to give them any reason to start thinking preeclampsia yk?

I found a great sale on baby clothes this weekend at the base exchange. I should have bought some but I already have a lot. I think I need more newborn size since my babies tend to be smallish but I was worried that cloth diapers will make that different this time. Anyone know? All the carters outfits were 3-5$ I think I'll at least go out and pick up some onesies or lap shirts. I know I'll use those!
#10 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:38 PM

Happy Birthday Lovelife!

My week also starts on Sunday! 23 weeks yesterday! At the beginning, time seems to just drag but now it seems to be flying by. Am I the only one?

I had a pretty great weekend... I ordered the crib and dresser/changing table, ordered some beautiful baby bedding online, bought an organic crib mattresses, registered at Babies R Us, and started my registry on myregistry.com. I finally feel like I am getting things done and getting ready for baby!

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

#11 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 PM

Changed, what the heck!? Every week starting at 26wks?!!?!!? That's got to be the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. I'd fight that one too. I agree it sounds like she's looking for something to fix and/or rescue.....
#12 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Yep. She said they need to see you weekly from the earliest week you've ever developed PIH. I did start really early with my second DD but it was a very high risk, high stress pregnancy. I think logically you should go by the last pregnancy or average... not the most stressful!
#13 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:49 PM

^Not to mention, you can't really expect a pregnancy to go like any other pregnancy! They're all so different! And, I'm still learning some of the abbrev. but what is PIH?
#14 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM

pregnancy induced hypertension
#15 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 PM

Ahhhhh...got it. If you're already aware that it's been an issue in the past, why not just watch it on your own? What does she think she's going to do that you'll let her do when you see her every week?!
#16 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 12:58 PM

I do. I figured I'd just tell her that I monitor it myself a few times a week and that I can get strips to test for protein as well. That's all they're going to do anyway. That and look for edema but again... I think she should be ok with that but you just never know with Dr.'s.
#17 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 01:10 PM

I hope she listens to you and can hear and understand that you really do know how to take care of yourself and your baby. I'll think of you lots tomorrow! Be sure to let us know how she responds. :
#18 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm a little sad today. We had a really bad storm come through last night that took out a huge beautiful tree in our front yard. It snapped it in 3 pieces and is now laying down on the ground in a big mess. We'll have to have someone come out and remove it and also get someone out to check for possible roof damage. It was pretty scary when the storm came through; they actually blew the tornado sirens. At least we're all safe, but I'm still in the dumps about losing that big pretty tree.

Saturdays are when I start a new week, so I always look forward to the end of the week too! Funny, though, in most of my past pregnancies Monday has usually been my new week day, and I keep forgetting that it's Saturdays this time. I can't believe I'm already at 24wks!! I went through some baby stuff last night and made a list of what I still need to get. I'm so excited to buy little boy stuff and get it all organized.

Happy Birthday Lovelife!!

mommysaurus Congrats on the good u/s and how well it went telling your mom. That's gotta be a big relief. I think it's cool that there are 2 of us in this ddc expecting our 8th.

Babycakes 100 degrees sounds miserable unless you're in the water! It's been in the 90s and humid here which is pretty typical, but today it's only in the 70s. Maybe it won't stay that hot where you're at for too long.

ChangedHow exciting to get into a new house with more space and a good back yard! --- Maybe your dr will agree to letting you space out the appts since you're self-monitoring. That's a crazy rule she has! --- I haven't had any trouble using nb size clothing with cloth diapers. Carters are especially good too because they tend to be cut roomy, but I've used all different brands just fine. My last few babies have been 8 1/2-9lbs and still worn the nb sizes for a good 4-6wks with a fluffy cloth diaper rump.

Flygirl No, you're not the only one! Time is flying by for me too! How exciting to be buying baby stuff. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#19 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Oh good thanks! I may get a few more newborn outfits then. Where I'm torn is with weather. Last year it was hot at the beginning of October and we had our first snow on the 20th or 21st. I have no idea what to get!
#20 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I'm still trying to get over the shock that this baby is a girl! I keep looking at the pictures, hoping the tech wasn't "wrong" or something! I don't think I'm going to have any more u/s now, so that's it until this baby is earthside. I'm just still scared to believe it, I guess!
Carrie, I had been convinced that the twins were boy/girl, and I'm also still in shock that they're two boys! Isn't it a strange feeling?? I've known already for almost a month now - I'd better get over it soon! lol

My friends in PA have been emailing over the heat... it sounds horrid. Out here in the Pacific NW, it's a totally different story - today it's only 55 and rainy. It's been like this 90% of the time I've been out here! I'd rather deal with cool weather than sweltering, but still - I didn't buy winter maternity clothes and I don't plan on starting to now!

Changed, I feel you on over cautious doctors. : It's so freaking annoying to be treated like a disease instead of a pregnant woman! I hope your doc will allow you to self monitor.

AAM: I saw my doc at MFM for another growth scan (just like the 20 week anatomy scan) on Friday, and everything checked out fine (of course). In the office visit afterward, the doctor didn't measure me or lay a hand on my belly. Instead, he did ANOTHER ultrasound to check out the heartbeats - this after I'd just gotten out of a 90-minute ultrasound. WTH?

So, I'm just asking my final questions of the homebirth midwives, and expect to officially switch my care this week! Woo-hoo!

Not much else to report on here... I need to get to the pool this week and make that a regular part of my weekly activities. I'm feeling a big growth spurt coming on again, and feel feet and heads and baby bums waaaay up high now. I'm thinking about doing 3 belly casts during this pregnancy, so I should probably do the first one soon.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#21 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Lovelife! Reaching the "halfway there" milestone must be a really nice birthday present!

Tara - I'm happy to hear your DH can feel your LO moving around. Last night was the first time my DH felt the baby and felt convinced that he was really feeling it. He was so thrilled.

Mommysaurus - Congrats again on your boy! I'm happy to hear your mom was so receptive to the GOOD news.

Sorry to hear about the hot hot weather, Carrie. I hate it when it gets like that here (which is like, you know, half the summer!). So yucky to cope with while gestating, too! Stay cool! I suggest ice cream and lots of it!

Congrats Changed on your new house. I'm hoping the move goes smoothly. Best of luck with your doctor, too.

Fly Girl, you're making me feel really behind! I am so anxious to get my nursery together, but I can't decide on the furniture, bedding, decor... :

I'm feeling great, except there seems to be a little bit of potential baby shower drama in my near future. I'm hoping for the best, though. Not a lot going on, waiting for DH's promotion to be finalized and official (and to see how his salary is going to be affected) so I can make a good decision about maternity leave/quitting work. Other than that, I'm beginning to feel like I have A LOT to do in the next four months.
#22 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
I'm feeling a big growth spurt coming on again, and feel feet and heads and baby bums waaaay up high now.
Something about this mental picture is sooo cute! Baby bums! Awww!

I should totally go to the gym tonight but all I feel like doing is going shopping. Maybe I'll go shopping for new gym clothes? LOL!

Carrie
mama to Nora(8)
and Finn (5)
    and Baby Tiebreaker due 1/18
#23 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Oh good thanks! I may get a few more newborn outfits then. Where I'm torn is with weather. Last year it was hot at the beginning of October and we had our first snow on the 20th or 21st. I have no idea what to get!

Oh, I know. I'm buying both summer and winter stuff in at least the nb size, because it could be in the 50s or 90s here at that time of year.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#24 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 PM

Anyone want to fill me in on what to expect on my prenatal appt this week? I'm 20 weeks-last one was when I found out, at 16 weeks, and so I got lots of blood taken and a vag exam and such, but I didn't know if that was every time or what, and if I should have my husband along or not.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#25 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 07:03 PM

23 whoo hoo! I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going I just can't wait until October until I get to hold my LO in my arms for the first time in our birthing pool

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#26 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Yep. She said they need to see you weekly from the earliest week you've ever developed PIH. I did start really early with my second DD but it was a very high risk, high stress pregnancy. I think logically you should go by the last pregnancy or average... not the most stressful!
Weekly appointments sure sound like a great way to keep you from stressing out about whether you're stressed out or not.

Friday is my turnover day and I'm 20 weeks now! I'm feeling really anxious about lack of activity/weight gain.

My best friend had her baby (a girl ) and made me feel, for the first time, anxious to have one to hold.

My DP and I each were blessed with a surprise day off on Sunday. When telling me about it on Saturday night he said, "You can have me all day tomorrow, *in a sleazy voice* to do whatever you want to me...you can even make me mow the lawn."

And apparently, this week, my "nesting" has diverted its energy to book lists. I can't stop adding to my "Baby Thor" amazon.com wish list.
#27 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
Mondays are the start of a new week for me too, but I'm behind ALL of you.

I'm 20 weeks today. Woo-hoo the 1/2 way mark! YEAH! It just feels so good to get here.

Plus- today is my birthday! So its a good Monday.

Although, DH starts classes tonight and is going straight from work to class from 5:30 -9:30 pm Mondays & Wednesdays. Ugh. We celebrated my birthday yesterday though, so he made up for it. Hopefully the summer will go by fast and he'll get these classes over with. LOL.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Same here! 20 weeks today Do you have a Haloween due date as well?

-Caitrin

Me
Wife/SAHM/Musician. Mother of 3 boys: William (8), Tristan (6), Lukas (3) and another baby on the way
#28 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 10:32 PM

Changed, I'd be so irritated at the idea of weekly checkups, that would drive my stress level through the roof! Self monitoring at this point should be acceptable, I hope the Dr. is reasonable on that one. Oh, and good luck with the move!

Sounds like the weather has been nuts all over the country lately. Heat spells, crazy storms... ugh.

AAM: Monday is the day my week changes, too! I look forward to being able to give that one extra number to how far along I am just like a kid looks forward to saying they are one year older, lol... Having a day off from work was nice, took DS to a splash park this afternoon. Working second shift means I rarely get to spend a fun afternoon with him, so I really enjoyed it. FTR I can't wait until I go on maternity leave, I will not be looking back at second shift! Can't stand it!

I'm really excited because it was finally verified today that my new insurance will cover my midwife. They had no in network homebirth midwives, so the lady who handles the insurance stuff requested a gap extension, and now the midwife will be treated as in network. I could dance on the ceiling I'm so thrilled, I did not want to have to pick an OB. This will likely be my last babe and I didn't want to lose out on my homebirth just because of insurance issues!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#29 of 65 Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 PM

Grrr - I had a long reply with lots of multi-quotes, and it went poof on me! Ah, well, I guess I tried to jump in a little late, LOL. It sounds like most of us are off to a good week so far.

We had our u/s this afternoon, once we finally got to the MW's office. A motorcyclist was hit right outside the offices, blocking the ONLY entrance to the medical office buildings! I called them to see where I could park, and we ended up having to walk across a busy street to get there. (we learned later the guy was okay, but his motorcycle was not) On top of it all, DS had a little accident in the car, though luckily we had a change of clothes. The u/s tech waited for us and was wonderful - the office does NOT make you come in with a full bladder, though I've been so thirsty lately, a full bladder is pretty much a constant.

DH is a little mopey about the u/s, he really, REALLY wanted another little boy. I mean, he's definitely excited about having 'one of each,' but he still had his hopes up, YK? I'm trying to be understanding, but I'm SO excited to have a little girl. And DS is just over the moon, he cannot wait to bring home a baby sister! I'm more excited for him, I think. He's going to be an amazing big brother.
#30 of 65 Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Oh believe you me your DH will be enamored with your lil girlie when she's here! That is how my brother was, disappointed almost that is was a girl and no boy but TayTay is one of the most loved and adored (and spoiled ) little girls I have ever knows

Ugh, yesterday I finally got around to cleaning the kitchen some. Most of the dishes are done (at my house, they get finished then 5 minutes later, pile up again!) and all the dirty laundry sorted and in their respective baskets. Today I'm going to try to get the house spotless (again) and keep it that way until AT LEAST next Monday when we get our furniture from Monterey (oooh my sweet tempurpedic mattress and pretty-ful couches and everything!) so that the moving guys don't have an excuse to just drop everything in the living room for the pregnant lady to move!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page