How much have you gained?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
My biggest downfall right now is that it's getting hot outside and I make lots of homemade ice cream when it's hot! My Mom and sis are even making requests for it since they're staying with us a lot so I'm making more than I normally would! I've been instructed to make a batch today....cookie dough. I think I'll make a homemade peanut butter cookie dough. YUM. I'm sure that'll put me up 2lbs this week instead of just 1! Guess we'll see at my next prenatal on Fri. I wish those appts were in the morning instead of the afternoon when my weight is 2-3lbs heavier than I actually am!
That is ALL I eat at night lately-ice cream! It cools me off so much and hits the spot-I just can't say no. Unfortunately, it's really showing on the scale. I wish I could be naked to be weighed!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I wish those appts were in the morning instead of the afternoon when my weight is 2-3lbs heavier than I actually am!
This is why I make mine for 8-9am! I'm big enough, don't need the weight of the day added to it

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
I haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy. I've lost about 4 pounds. Even if I gain 2 pounds a week for the rest of my pregnancy I still won't weigh what I did when I delivered my first and I started out 20 pounds heavier this pregnancy than the last one. It kinda makes me worry I'm not having healthy weight gain, but the HP says not to and that babe will be fine.

Even though I haven't gained any weight, I'm starting to hate the "rolls" that are drooping on either side of my belly. They was a slight pooch there before getting pregnant and now it seems to really stand out now that I've got a belly overhanging it. I might get one of those belly bands. Not because I want to support my belly, but because I'm so vain about my poochy that I think it might hold it up a bit.
I hear ya!! My 'mummy tummy' is really causing me anguish-- my belly is awkward shaped because of it, the roll issue.. I don't look good in any clothes anymore : The nice round belly I had with ds is loooooong gone, because this one is so high, but the pooch is low and squishy.. eh, it's a mess! I feel like I've gained 30lbs with how I look, but haven't at all.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.astrid View Post
I've gained twenty pounds so far. I think I needed to gain more since I started out on the low side for my height.
:

I should probably gain more too, also started on the lower side of things- about 95. Now I'm a little over 100. It's weird that I'm having more trouble gaining this time around though- last pregnancy at this point I was about 15 pounds heavier!

Weird...

Maybe it's the fact that I work out during pregnancy now? Burning off more calories?

Still eating a ton though...

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Old 06-11-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
I hear ya!! My 'mummy tummy' is really causing me anguish-- my belly is awkward shaped because of it, the roll issue.. I don't look good in any clothes anymore : The nice round belly I had with ds is loooooong gone, because this one is so high, but the pooch is low and squishy.. eh, it's a mess! I feel like I've gained 30lbs with how I look, but haven't at all.
another good/easy/cheap trick like this is to get some control top pantyhose. The tops go up really high so you tuck them/pin them to the bottem of your bra(all the way around.) I wear these under dresses and it makes my belly look so cute and round and just pregnant instead of fat. Without some kind of shaping Its not obvious I'm preggo-I just look overweight.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 PM

Already wrote post, but it disappeared...

I had gained almost 10 lbs., but just got sick, and am up only 3 lbs. over pre-pregnancy. I am just feeling somewhat like eating today for the first time since Saturday, when I had the stomach flu or salmonella poisoning, I'm not sure. Last time I lost 20 lbs. 1st trimester, then ended up gaining up to 20 lbs. over pre-pregnancy weight. So, hopefully this setback will be only temporary.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Still nothing. I am down 15 pounds.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:24 PM

I found out today that I have gained 1.5 pounds so far. I need to exercise, I had extra weight to start out. A complete stranger made me feel good the other day though, they said I am a cute pregnant woman-all stomach and breasts.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:37 AM

I've gained 5 lbs

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
Old 06-12-2008, 04:42 PM

i'm up 13lbs-15lbs at 21 wks.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 PM

Well, I'm up to 15 pounds now. I've been doing my fit day everyday for the past few weeks. I'm averaging 1600 calories a day and still gaining. It's aggravating.

However, I read that at the 24 week mark, our blood volume is finally doubled so it's common to gain a good bit during this stage.

I've got 15+ weeks left and if I gain another 15 pounds, I'll still be happy with that.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:39 PM

Hi October mamas -- I'm sort of new to this group (lurk around a lot though!) but also due late Oct 08. At 21 weeks I'm sort of freaked out that I've gained 19 pounds!
I am trying not to drive myself insane looking at all the weight gain guidelines & whatever - but I gained about 5 or maybe a few more? pounds in the first trimester ... so here I am at 19 pounds only halfway there. eek.

I mean, 40 pounds total isn't so horrendous, but how can I be sure that's all it will be! Of course my midwives aren't worried about anything, and I was a healthy weight pre-preg, but still... it's hard to remember to be psyched when you see a 19 pound weight gain - I know it's for the little bean but WOW.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM

So, I'm using this thread to keep track.

27 weeks now and I'm up 18 pounds. Still stressing about each and every pound but eating well and trying to accept it all. I'm hoping to continue at a pound a week ( a little less would be nice) through the rest of the pregnancy. I'd be ok with that gain in the end.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-07-2008, 03:03 PM

27 weeks now and up 22 lbs. I'm not freaking myself out about it anymore, my body is going to gain what it's going to gain. Even if I don't like it! : lol

I told myself in the beginning of this journey that I would only start to worry if I gained more than 40 lbs. I'm going to try to stick to that decision. I've got a ways to go before that happens, still.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 07-07-2008, 04:24 PM

I haven't stepped on a scale lately and won't until my next appt on the 21st, but I know I've gained a lot in the last couple of weeks. A pair of capris I wore last week that fit me fine did NOT fit me yesterday, and it wasn't my belly that was the problem. I got lazy on my exercise schedule last week and I think it's coming back to haunt me. Not to mention all of the junk I ate at the 4th of July picnics I went to this weekend. :

As of 2 weeks ago at 23 weeks, I'd gained 9 lbs. I bet I've doubled that since then.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:28 PM

15-20 up at 26 1/2 weeks here. I've gained 1.5 pounds per week the past 8 weeks, which puts me on track for a 40 pound gain, assuming I deliver at 40 weeks and don't go late (yeah, right). I'm not eating near as healthy as I should though, so who knows. Still trying to not be concerned about it - I don't want to end up limiting my intake over fear of too much weight right at the end when the baby needs to gain. That said, I might full well freak if I end up gaining 60 pounds, because I do NOT want to see the scale readout start with a "2".
Old 07-07-2008, 04:34 PM

I am finally up over my pre preg weight! Up 2 lbs!! I was down by 7 lbs, so this is good progress. But if you look at my belly, you can tell I'm gaining weight there... I'm hoping my thighs are what's shrinking. LOL
Old 07-07-2008, 05:26 PM

26 weeks and I've put on 25lbs so far. My pattern is to slow down toward the end so I know this is typical for me. I lost a bunch of weight with ms in the beginning and made up for it quick once I regained my appetite.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:31 PM

Net gain is about 10 pounds in 25 weeks. If I gain another 10-15 in the next 15 weeks, I'll be very pleased! It's taken me a long time to overcome the
disordered eating tendencies I developed as a result of my first OB/GYN visit, in which I was told to gain no more than ten pounds. I still loathe that doctor.

Happy eating :...and let's all show our bodies some love & appreciation for all they are doing!!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:31 PM

I was up 8 pounds last week at my MW visit.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 07-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Is it possible that I'm not gaining because my body doesn't want to get bigger?? I have no qualms about gaining weight during pregnancy, but it seems like even if I ate pizza 3x a day, I'd not gain anything. I gained 60 lbs with DS1, 25 lbs with DS2, and now 2 lbs with DD. I was already up by about 15 lbs with DS2.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:03 PM

My body either knows how to grow big babies (which has been the case in the past with my singleton being a 10 pounder) or how to hold onto extra fat in pregnancy. I was up 30 pounds at 27 weeks. Oh well...I'll just work that much harder after the kiddo is born.

Mama to Hannah & Hailey 1/5/02 C.J. 2/18/03 Anthony & Jamie 3/23/05 Chuck 10/9/08 42-week Sam 8/9/10 Mae 4/22/12
Old 07-07-2008, 07:40 PM

as of last week I was still down 1lb..I lost 4lbs total so i'm starting to gain it back...though slowly. I only gained 13lbs with each of my boys so i'm not surprised at were I am. I eat lots but I think pregnancy is the only time my metabolism works...lol
Old 07-07-2008, 07:44 PM

11lbs @ 26weeks. Very pleased.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:42 PM

27 weeks and up 13 lbs according to my scale. the scale at the midwife is mean and not a 1st a.m. weight so I try to forget those numbers.

:
Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am 27 weeks and have gained not quite 15 lbs. I feel big, but think that the heat is making me feel bigger than normal.

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 AM

26 lbs at 26 weeks... I am ok with that. I am guessing Im going to gain about 40 lbs (maybe 45) this pg...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 PM

I was up 19 lbs at my last doc appt (23 weeks). I'd gained 9 lbs that month! I'm trying to cut down on desserts--I knew I was overdoing it. Next appt is in two weeks when I'll be 27 wks--I think this might be a big gaining month too. But I'm not too freaked about it, I gained about the same with DS and still fit into most of my pre-preggo clothes after having him (ended up with 42 total and lost 35 without trying--the other 7 stayed).

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
Old 07-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
27 weeks now and up 22 lbs.
I think I was on crack when I posted this. I'm 27 weeks and up 27 lbs. Yikes! I gained 9 lbs in the past month! I hope I'm able to start walking again soon, with the contrax I was taking it easy. Now that I'm sure everything is OK I think I might start going again.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 07-08-2008, 03:43 PM

I'm up 15 pounds at 26 weeks. Each month my weight seems to fluctuate week by week depending on my work schedule (lots of running around, not much time to eat), but I've been coming out pretty much on track at the end of each month so I guess that's ok. I know that 5-6 lbs of the weight I've gained was from the beginning, laying around all day miserable with ms but still needing to eat, and those are the pounds that will stick around until burned off from bfing.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08

User Tag List