Weekly Chit Chat 6/16 - 6/22 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2008, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
AAaaahhhh! I weighed myself today and although I don't recall my exact weight pre pg. I think I've gained 18-20 pounds at 25w.

That's normal for me but I feel a little smaller this time and was hoping I had gained less...I have a hard time dropping my baby fat.
I've gained 18-10 lbs too! Don't feel bad. We can lose the weight together! That's what we are here for! :-)

I think I'll call this chiropractor back on Monday and ask about that imaging - seems shady. I told him I was pg when I scheduled the appointment, but people are stupid.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Well I had a really fun day in DC today. Just went with ppl that DH works with but we went to the art museum and when I get to see Matisse for REAL I get super excited Then the highlight was going to another branch of the smithsonian (with all the fossils and stuff) and seeing the Hope Diamond. Oooh so pretty!

And on top of that, Im pretty sure I got a good work out in today We were walking around (carrying Demetri in my arms the whole time) for almost 3 hours...

I felt so bad for DS though, I put sunscreen all over him and it was on his hands and he rubbed his eyes and I guess some got in. His poor little eyes were watering the WHOLE time, and were all red. I am going to get some Aveeno Sunscreen for him or something because that just seemed like too dramatic a reaction from the waterbabies...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
Well I had a really fun day in DC today. Just went with ppl that DH works with but we went to the art museum and when I get to see Matisse for REAL I get super excited Then the highlight was going to another branch of the smithsonian (with all the fossils and stuff) and seeing the Hope Diamond. Oooh so pretty!

And on top of that, Im pretty sure I got a good work out in today We were walking around (carrying Demetri in my arms the whole time) for almost 3 hours...

I felt so bad for DS though, I put sunscreen all over him and it was on his hands and he rubbed his eyes and I guess some got in. His poor little eyes were watering the WHOLE time, and were all red. I am going to get some Aveeno Sunscreen for him or something because that just seemed like too dramatic a reaction from the waterbabies...
I love DC, glad you guys had a good time! Poor kiddo - that waterbabies stuff does sting the eyes though. I remember my Mom using that on me as a kid before going swimming - if that got in my eyes they would burn for hours!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-21-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

YAYAYAYAYAY I got my birth pool today It is awesome but airing out outside because it has that strong plastic smell and DS was wanting to play with it and I don't want him breathing in those fumes.

What I'll Be Birthing In

^^^ That's my pool ^^^

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 06-21-2008, 12:39 PM

Wow triple07 sounds like you had a nice time in D.C. I bet Demetri enjoyed it too. I'm going to DC for the first time (and DH hasn't been there since he was in college or high school) in July, and I can't wait. I LOVE museums, so I'm going to just be in heaven. I've wanted to go to the Smithsonian since I was a little girl.

If any of y'all have any can't miss recommendations for us to include in our plans, please let me know. We're also very interested in restaurant recommendations, especially ethnic food and vegetarian friendly spots. We're going on July 11 and we'll be staying in the Sofitel at Lafayette Square.

Also CONGRATS triple07 on getting your birthing pool. I can tell you're really excited.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
We're also very interested in restaurant recommendations, especially ethnic food and vegetarian friendly spots.
There is a whole street of ethiopean restaurants in dc. Yum!

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
Old 06-21-2008, 06:21 PM

^ Sticky Fingers bakery in DC - vegan bakery, vegan goodness! They even have potato salad, veggie dogs, sandwiches, etc.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 PM

oh i love DC!!!!

i totally scored at a yard sale today....i snagged a Learning Tower for $50!! that pretty much made my day!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:53 PM

That rocks!

BTW- just an FYI but www.onebabyregistry.com is so nifty!
Yes, I got talked into a registry.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:19 PM

we were at the beach last week and the Waterbabies got in DS's eyes too. Boy did he cry! The Aveeno didn't seem to irritate him, though.

I'm very proud that we were at the beach for a week, and DS didn't get more than a very minor 'pinking' on his arms!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 06-21-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
That rocks!

BTW- just an FYI but www.onebabyregistry.com is so nifty!
Yes, I got talked into a registry.
Nifty for sure! LOVE this idea!

Old 06-22-2008, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
we were at the beach last week and the Waterbabies got in DS's eyes too. Boy did he cry! The Aveeno didn't seem to irritate him, though.

I'm very proud that we were at the beach for a week, and DS didn't get more than a very minor 'pinking' on his arms!
Oh yeah I am definitely using like 70+ SPF sunscreen on my babe (and me )

Old 06-22-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Nifty for sure! LOVE this idea!
Oooh I like the thought of one registry too!:

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 PM

We're going to register today. Our family and friends have started asking about dates for all the showers so I figure we need to get this done. I know at least one will be in July and it's almost July!!!! EEE! Then we can switch our focus to working on the nursery.

We went to a baby shower yesterday for DH's cousin. A lot of people have been asking me if I'm sure of my dates or if I'm sure there aren't 2 in there lately. The mama at this shower is almost 32wks and is 5-6" bigger than I am (we played he "how big is mommy" game) so that made me feel more normal regarding my belly size at 23wks.

I hope everyone is doing well and happy baby-growing!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

I almost cried today, DS was standing at the baby gate watching me cook and he fell and hit his mouth on the gate and cut open somewhere in his mouth and was just screaming in pain. I felt so bad

Old 06-23-2008, 01:20 AM

Hugs momma, it happens to us all, but that doesntmake it easier to see!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt

User Tag List