Weekly Chit Chat 6/23-6/28!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We are truckin' right through June, ladies!!

Summer is officially here! I'm excited for the 4th of July, it's one of my favorite holidays, plus I get a day off work so that's cool too.

So, what's in store for everyone this week? I need to hit up Target, Home Depot (any suggestions on a laser level?) and FINISH REGISTERING. I have a feeling my shower's going to be soon, but who knows. I need to make final decisions regarding what I want.

Also, I'm 25 weeks - according to my book, I'm officially in the 3rd Trimester! Holy crap!

Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mama to Nora(8)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Finn (5)
    and Baby Tiebreaker due 1/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning!

Well, today I'll probably be bored to tears but for the rest of the week, I'll be scarce. We're picking up the keys to the new house tomorrow. I'm going to also clean it before the movers come because I know they used chemical and crap I don't like near my kids. I have to be there for a few hours for our new washer and dryer to be delivered and wait for the dish network people anyway.

Wednesday the movers come and pack us up. Thursday they pick up and Friday thy deliver. I'll be unpacking Saturday and then Sunday I have to go to Denver to pick up DD from the airport. Oh my! I can't imagine how tired we'll be Monday morning!

As far as baby stuff goes, nothing much new. I bought some new maternity clothes this weekend that I'm feeling especially thankful for since it's getting warmer out. 3 t-shirts, a pair of shorts and crops. The secret fit belly has spoiled me and nothing else will do. While I was there, I hit a HUGE sale in gymboree and found the sweetest little outfit for baby.
#3 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 PM

OMG 25 weeks can you (I can't) believe it!!!!??? I usually go with 27 weeks being the start of 2nd tri (usually in the middle of when ppl calculate it by lol)

And 4th of July will be pretty big in our house from now on since we will be celebrating DS's birthday then (he is July 7th, our lucky triple 07 baby )

I hope everything goes smoothly for you this week Changed!

Not too much going on here. DH got really sick over the weekend (stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, general crappy feeling) and now DS is sick too... I feel bad for him cuz it sucks sleeping unless he is upright (and Im sure he would have no problem sleeping on my shoulder all night... but me on the other hand, cannot do that )

With the one in my tum, I feel her move enough to know that everything is ok, but she is nowhere NEAR as active as DS was in utero... I am hoping that means she is a quiet, content LO Wishful thinking

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#4 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 PM

I hear ya Changed!! I love my denim skirt from Old Navy because it's super cute on but I wish I'd bought one from Motherhood instead. I miss the Secret Fit Belly on my jeans. Too hot for those now, here in Missouri. 90's everyday!

We registered at BRU and Target yesterday! It was so much fun. DH had a blast picking out toys. He even picked out the stroller/carrier set along with several other items that I was surprised he'd be into. I know I've missed some items though so I'm going to go online and add to it today. I also need to start a registry at a non-mainstream store because there are a few random items I want that you can't get at those big box stores. I'm hoping Marshmallow Kisses will have what I want.

Have a wonderful start to your week ladies!
#5 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 PM

I bought the cutest babystyle denim skirt when I first got pregnant but it's no panel/underbelly and that's just not flattering on me. My belly looks all lumpy in that kind. I never even got to wear it!

It doesn't really get hot enough here in CO to not wear the secret fit belly, thank goodness!
#6 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

^ It definitely gets too hot for the secret fit belly in NJ. I DESPISE wearing them now. I went yesterday and got a cute denim dress, a white peasant skirt (which has a panel but I'm going to fold it down) and a pair of under the belly khakhi shorts. I cannot stand having a panel over my belly! Not only does it totally show through my shirts, which I think is silly, but having something so restrictive is uncomfortable!

I've got my beads ready in their little dime-bags, lol, and just have to get the messages into them so I can send them out! How exciting! I can't wait to send everyone my bead!

Tara, I totally need to get my act together and finish registering. I have only a handful of things on there, and I know I'm missing so many important things! I emailed my family and told them where I have registries at, hopefully they don't take it the wrong way - my family is so strange when it comes to things sometimes. I'm just afraid my Mom is going to say something about what I've chosen, or that the registry I'm using is too compliated, blah blah blah. She's such a pain about so many things.

Anyways...I really don't feel like working today. I might be posting a lot, lol.

Carrie
mama to Nora(8)
and Finn (5)
#7 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 01:53 PM

I really prefer to have the support of the panel completely over my belly but none of my summer mat clothes have it! Just my jeans. The full panel totally doesn't cover my whole belly anymore so it cuts right through the middle and you can see the crease under my shirts which looks like I have a fat roll instead of a baby bump! So, I've been rolling the panels down as well even though I don't like below the belly stuff. I miss that support on my uterus!
#8 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm with you, Baby Cakes, on hating the panel - It looks like a Kangaroo pouch that totally shows through shirts - ew. I like rolling the little band on my maternity pants down. I totally don't mind that my belly button sticks out under all my shirts now. What with my new big boobs and outy belly button, I'm trying to roll with the punches...

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#9 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 02:08 PM

Oooo! I totally forgot! Our neighborhood pool is FINALLY opening today! HOORAY!!!

And, is anyone else experiencing dizzinss? I haven't since I've been pg but it's been common for me in the past because my BP tends to be so low (99/58). I've been running about 106/60 lately. Any ideas as to how to make it go away? Is it even pg related? I got a sub for my noon weight training class because it's bad enough that I'm afraid to drive the half hour to get ther. I have 2 clients and another class tonight. I need to get rid of this dizzieness!
#10 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
And, is anyone else experiencing dizzienss? I haven't since I've been pg but it's been common for me in the past because my BP tends to be so low (99/58). I've been running about 106/60 lately. Any ideas as to how to make it go away? Is it even pg related? I got a sub for my noon weight training class because it's bad enough that I'm afraid to drive the half hour to get ther. I have 2 clients and another class tonight. I need to get rid of this dizzieness!
Only when I get up from stooping down - but that's always been that way for me...

I found this online from the American Pregnancy Association

" The main cause of dizziness in pregnancy is due to the rising hormones that cause your blood vessels to relax and widen. This helps increase the blood flow to your baby, but it slows the return of the blood in the veins to you. This causes your blood pressure to be lower than usual, which can reduce the blood flow to your brain, temporarily causing dizziness.

Dizziness is also caused by low blood sugar levels that may occur as your body adapts to changes in your metabolism. Women who are anemic or who have varicose veins may be more susceptible to dizziness than others.

During the second trimester, diziness may be caused because your growing uterus puts pressure on blood vessels.

Dizziness may also occur later in your pregnancy if you lie on your back, allowing the weight of the baby to press on your vena cava (a large vein that carries blood from your lower body to your heart)."

#11 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 02:26 PM

^Thank you! I think it must be the rescriction on blood vessels. My left leg goes numb if I'm in any one positon for too long. Sounds all related to me. It didn't get better after I ate so I don't think it's blood sugar.
#12 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

My legs go numb all the time, so annoying.

I really dislike having my belly button stick out. I'm so embarassed by it, I know I shouldn't be, but I am! I think some shirts hide it better than others and I only wear the ones that hide it. I know it's normal but I still just feel kinda self-conscious of it.

Carrie
mama to Nora(8)
and Finn (5)
#13 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
OMG 25 weeks can you (I can't) believe it!!!!??? I usually go with 27 weeks being the start of 2nd tri (usually in the middle of when ppl calculate it by lol)
Yeah, I was wondering, Carrie - maybe your book is based on actual gestational age, rather than LMP? The would account for the "missing" two weeks?

At any rate, SUPER CONGRATS on hitting 25 weeks! It's going by pretty quickly, isn't it??

Triple, hope your dh feels better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
And, is anyone else experiencing dizzienss?
Yes - I almost fell over yesterday! Not too much fun. Hope you feel better...

I don't have a heck of a lot of news today... I'm going to a nice indoor pool with my friend and sister shortly, which will be great for my aching back. I'm not sure how I feel about getting into a bathing suit, but whatever. I've got a busy week on tap - I have a freelance contract that I'm working on - the first work I've done since leaving PA on May first! It's gonna be NICE to have a paycheck again!!

That's about it - wishing everyone a great week.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#14 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I really dislike having my belly button stick out. I'm so embarassed by it, I know I shouldn't be, but I am! I think some shirts hide it better than others and I only wear the ones that hide it. I know it's normal but I still just feel kinda self-conscious of it.

Carrie, would it maybe help to look at some professional pics of pregnant ladies? I think the preggo outie is so cute - and there are so many magazines that show great looking women with their outies showing... maybe that would help you feel more comfortable and glamorous! You look fantastic, and it would be such a shame to spend the next 3+ months feeling self conscious (though I understand it perfectly)... especially when you look so freaking adorable.

The alternative, of course, would be to be like me - my humungous belly still has an innie - it's like a crater, and I think it looks kind of weird.

Guess we just can't win, huh?

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#15 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

My book has been the odd one out when determining trimester status this whole pregnancy. I don't know why! But I really do want 2 more weeks in the 2nd trimester, especially since I'm still feeling pretty good and I want to get more done on the baby's room before entering the 3rd trimester for real! I think 27 weeks sounds better to me!

Celeste, I know the belly button thing is completely normal. I have an outie to begin with, so I think that's why I feel like mine "protrudes" more than a normal pg outie anyways! No, we definitely can't win! Don't worry, though, I totally and completely adore my belly and I let it hang out all I can at home. DH is definitely getting tired of me sticking my belly at him and asking him to rub it!

My week is only going to be busy b/c I NEEEEEED to get my house in order. It's chaos right now, furniture from the office is in the dining room, the upstairs is cleaned out and boxes are everywhere, the futon is in the middle of the baby's room - etc. It's chaos. I can't wait for things to get done and settle down a bit, so I have to get a move-on and get stuff in order!

Carrie
mama to Nora(8)
and Finn (5)
#16 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 03:57 PM

24 weeks today.

I'm back from a visit to the cranial osteopath ... and oh boy I ache! Considering how minimal / gentle the contact he has with any part of me is, I'm surprised by how uncomfortable I feel immediately after. He did warn me though.

Otherwise I'm enjoying a bit of space ... I've just completed a contract to mark 650 exam scripts and it feels GOOD to be free of them!

Have a good week mamas

Jill &heartbeat.gif the keepers of my heartheartbeat.gif : Dave, Ben (9/2002), Lucy (9/2004), (m/c 9/2007) Emma (born still on her due date and forever missed 10/2008) and Tobias (1/2010)grouphug.gif
#17 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 04:44 PM

DH gets sad that I don't like TOO MUCH belly rubbing... anything on my belly (except DS when he sleeps on my) is kinda uncomfortable...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#18 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 07:03 PM

I hear you on the belly coverage - we've been in the upper 90's and into 100's here, and I just can't stand anything over my belly. Unfortunately, most of my work pants go over my belly, which is fine when I'm inside and the A/C is blasting (I actually get chilled at work). But once I go outside, I'm ready to pull that darned belly panel DOWN!

*sigh* I have a vent, and it's going to be long...

Ugh, I had to file a complaint at work. Every single day I leave work, there is this woman who tails me or is waiting for me, just to get my parking spot. It doesn't matter if I leave on time or if I'm running late, or if I park in the same slot (I usually do, the lot is empty when I get to work) she'll wait for MY spot. It doesn't matter that HALF my department leaves at the same time or BEFORE me - she wants MY spot! She very obviously has some OCD tendencies - she'll walk around her car for a good 10-15 minutes after parking, checking her tires, her spacing, making sure the doors are secure, you get the idea. But on Friday, she was blocking about three handicapped spaces and all the visitors spots while waiting for my spot (she was smack in the middle of the row, no one could get in or out). I was walking to my car, and someone tried to go around her and didn't see me. I was about two feet from getting run over! If I hadn't jumped out of the way, I would have been clipped at least by the bumper. I was freaking out and shaking terribly. My heart was racing and the baby kicked up a storm, she was all high on adrenaline. The woman who almost hit me was terribly apologetic, she just couldn't see around the other car, but the 'stalker' just sat and waited to my space. I just got out of there and went home. Calmed down and hoped it wouldn't get worse.

So today, she was waiting again! Only this time she waited in the pick-up lane. As soon as I walked out, she guns her engine and starts speeding toward where I'm parked. I turned right back around, went inside, and complained to security. This is ridiculous! Seriously, I don't want to drive my own car to work and I want to change my schedule to get away from this person! I'm probably being terribly paranoid, but she knows my car, she obviously knows my schedule, and crazier things have happened to pregnant women. Apparently, the security staff is well aware of this woman's behaviors and I'm not the first to complain. Really, though, does someone have to get hurt for something to be done? Grrrr...

Okay, vent over. Sorry that was so long...
#19 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 07:22 PM

^That would freak me out too Jennifer. I'm glad you filed a complaint, even if she means no harm. That's odd and definitely unnerving.
#20 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 07:29 PM

Her problems should not be yours. That's ridiculous and the security should be doing something. I"m sorry!
#21 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 07:53 PM

OMG that is very creepy and I would be at security every day she is there until something happens! Good luck mama!

#22 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Very Very WEIRD JMarie- I'd be complaining too.

I don't have an outie, I have a crater! It is kind of yuck, not cute like an outie. I vote for the over belly style because it mashes my bulge into something which more closely resembles a pregnant belly, I think I'm with Changed on this one!

I do have an underbelly style pair of crops. I don't know if it's too tight or what, but it presses uncomfortably on my belly right there. I can hardly feel it standing up, but sitting down, itbothers me so much I hesitate to wear them. Which is a shame because they're so cute!

Anybody else have extreme nipple tenderness?

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#23 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 09:45 PM

^^ YES on the nipple tenderness!! Does that go away or get worse as the pregnancy continues! Is it practice for breastfeeding or what? Yeesh!

#24 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 10:56 PM

^Not tender nipples but totally itchy!!!
#25 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 11:09 PM

Oh goodness yes! Everytime DS latches on it hurts so bad. But worse than that, he unlatched and without me paying attention, grabs my nipple and every time I almost yelp it hurts so bad!!!

#26 of 67 Old 06-23-2008, 11:28 PM

I'm here! Another busy week, won't be on much during the day. I have to curb my internet use at work! hehehe....yeah...so I'll get some time at home if I'm not too tired. Hope you all have a fabulous week!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#27 of 67 Old 06-24-2008, 12:06 AM

This thread can be daunting sometimes!

I'm finding the panel on my maternity pants to be unbearably hot, too. I remember Changed, I think, wondering back in the spring if the panels would be too hot in the summer. Memphis is so miserable in the summer - the temps get very high and the humidity is unbearable. It's not so bad when I'm in a nice air- conditioned building, but when I step outside - yuck! I fold it down if I'm going to be outdoors for a while. They fit so well, though!

JMarie I had a problem with a woman stalking me at work (years ago) and they told her if she came back on the property she'd be arrested for trespassing. I hope your workplace will do right by you and make sure you're safe. Take care and be safe!

I hope you ladies who are experiencing dizziness are able to find some relief.

As for myself, I'm feeling well. My only complaint would be swelling. I'm thinking it may be the result of sodium over consumption, so I'm going to try to pay more attention to how I'm eating. I was also surprised at my weight gain the last few weeks. I'm going to try using The Daily Plate or Calorie King, so I can keep up with my nutrients and calories for a while. I just want to be a healthy mama and make a healthy baby. If y'all have any suggestions for a good program like The Daily Plate, let me know. I don't mind paying if the the price is reasonable, but FREE is always good!

Other than that, we toured the hospital where I'll most likely give birth. My SIL works there as a lactation consultant. She had two unmedicated births there. They seem to be very supportive of breastfeeding and initiating breastfeeding right away there. Also, they do rooming in by default, so that's a battle I won't have to fight. Seeing the delivery bed made me feel creeped out, though, and I so envy all of you who are getting homebirths.

I have an appt on Friday, but no idea what I'll be doing other than peeing in a cup (and having a nice long lunch with DH afterwards).
#28 of 67 Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 AM

Well Well, I'm 23 weeks now! Getting closer and closer and I just can't wait!

In 10 days we are leaving for TX to go visit my husband's family, a small portion of my family, and a few old friends from HS. It's been almsot 3 years since we've seen any of them, so I'm excited (although I hate that town and honestly wouldn't go back if they all didn't live there). But yay! So everyone gets to see me all fat & stuff (he-he). And all of our family and friends get to see our son for the 1st time!

As each day gets closer to my due date I get more and more excietd about going for my VBAC. I am starting to worry about "What if my OB changes his mind and starts trying to push interventions or a c-section on me?" So hubby and I talked and agreed that is he does that, we're firing his a**, looking to see if another OB will take us, and if no one will then we'll be doing a UC. That would be interesting, lmao! So now I'm looking into what all we would need for a homebirth, just in case.

I'm also wanting to eat soo mcuh now! Which I think is good considering I lost almost 30lbs due to ms. But I don't want to gain too much weight, so I'm trying to REALLY limit myslef. But I feel like I'm STARVING lol. oh well, I'll just have to deal with it

That's about it for me!! Have a nice week ladies!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#29 of 67 Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 PM

Whew! These threads CAN get daunting!

Let's see... panels.. can't stand them!! I have one pair of shorts that have a panel on them, I have to roll it down. They fit so well everywhere else I'm not willing to retire them though. All my other shorts and capris have the under belly panel thing - I never used anything else with ds, although at the very end I had to go up a size because my belly was sticking out so far that the underbelly panel wasn't stretching far enough. :

Dizziness... I get it at random times. I'm also prone to it non-pg because my bp runs low, anywhere from 90/60 to 80/50, and my bp has stayed at 90/60 during the pg too. My culprit tends to be eating though, I seem to get dizzy if I'm working and get stuck with the late dinner break (9 pm ugh).

We had such a nice day yesterday, it's pretty rare that DH and I have a day off together, so we took advantage and spent the day at the beach. Hence the bikini picture of course. We left the beach just in time, ended up with a huge thunderstorm just as we got back into town, which definitely hampered our plans to use the grill for dinner.

Hit up a yard sale on Saturday where I got a bunch of baby stuff for next to nothing.. the kind of stuff that doesn't get used very long but costs an arm and a leg new. Bouncer seat, playmat, baby bath... I think I spent $7 total on stuff that looks brand new.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#30 of 67 Old 06-24-2008, 03:14 PM

That parking lot story makes my skin crawl...not only creepy but it would annoy the dickens out of me. What would happen if you parked in a different spot? Or is it you she fixates on?

Apropos of nothing...here is my discovery of the week:
comfy underwear = happier me. Who knew that uncomfy underwear could be the cause of my grumpiness? I finally caved and bought some maternity underwear and I'm sooooo happy I did.

Panels vs not. It is always frickin hot here...but I find that the clothes I have that have underbelly type waists tend to come down in the crotch...which is so annoying that I'm starting to prefer the mid belly or full panel type pants.

I had a bout of really bad crampiness yesterday.....with pressure in my groin...so was gegtting anxious...am much better today...but, still having a lot of pain in my groin. Could this be pubic bone pain? I don't feel it where I would have thought I would feel pubic pain...it's more right in my groin....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page