Belly Button Hider - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, would you look at what I just stumbled across? Outies were the subject of some conversation on the weekly chat yesterday, and today one of the blogs I subscribe to posted this:

Popper Stopper

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 05:53 PM

But outies are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 05:54 PM

Outies are way cute, I agree.
#4 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in total agreement, but if someone's uncomfortable about theirs, this would be a solution.

It's not a recommendation, just a response.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#5 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM

I never got an outie with my first, but I might with this one... I feel like I'm going to be huge!
#6 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 06:11 PM

I saw those at Motherhood the other day when I was shopping, they wanted $12.50 for them! They're non-reusable! I thought it looked like a rip-off for that price, but lets say you had an event or something, it could be worth it. I couldn't bear to spend that much for just the everyday, though!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Heyyy, I love my outie! Well ok I don't love it as such but it's always been an innie-outie never a proper innie anyway. Outie and proud
#8 of 20 Old 06-24-2008, 06:19 PM

Those are really neat if you want to hide it. I also think outies are cute. Wouldn't those square bandaids with the adhesive on all four sides work just as well and be a better value?

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#9 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 12:12 AM

totally wanting a cute preggo belly button!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#10 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 12:18 AM

I have to say that my outie is bugging me. Belly button popped out this time at around 9 weeks! What I don't like is that everyone looks at it. It's too obvious poking my shirt and *everyone* looks. You know how you get irritated when you notice someone checking out your breasts? Well, that's how I feel about my outie. Just stop staring already! :

Plus, my boys are constantly poking at it and that's annoying.

I've been wondering about those nipple covers that you can buy but I'm sure they cost a bunch too.

I hadn't thought of the square bandaids. I know the regular rectangle ones don't work.
#11 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 02:39 AM

i have the total opposite prom. I have an indentation in my shirts over navel. i have a very deep innie. It was still innie at 9 months with DD, although it was flattened a bit. How i wish for a cute outie.
#12 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I have to say that my outie is bugging me. Belly button popped out this time at around 9 weeks! What I don't like is that everyone looks at it. It's too obvious poking my shirt and *everyone* looks. You know how you get irritated when you notice someone checking out your breasts? Well, that's how I feel about my outie. Just stop staring already! :

Plus, my boys are constantly poking at it and that's annoying.

I've been wondering about those nipple covers that you can buy but I'm sure they cost a bunch too.

I hadn't thought of the square bandaids. I know the regular rectangle ones don't work.
Welllll, I was only looking at it cause it was cute, and I wanted to see if mine was just as cute.

My husband picks at mine too, I have to shoe him away.
#13 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski View Post
i have the total opposite prom. I have an indentation in my shirts over navel. i have a very deep innie.
Mine is turning absolutely cavernous! I think I'm going to start carrying my lunch in it!
Anyone have a cavern turn into an outie? DF is hoping to avoid it, he's got this "thing" about outies and he already asked (politely and mostly joking) if we could please tape it down if it popped out!
#14 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamonkeyjo View Post
Anyone have a cavern turn into an outie?
I had a fairly deep innie to begin with. Last pregnancy I was sure it was going to pop out, but it just got really, really flat and stretched out. This time it looks like it could pop out at any moment, but I think it probably would have by now if it was going to. I too hate the indentations in my shirt if I wear a tighter shirt. Drives me nuts! I hope it gets flatter or pops out soon.
#15 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I saw those at Motherhood the other day when I was shopping, they wanted $12.50 for them! They're non-reusable! I thought it looked like a rip-off for that price, but lets say you had an event or something, it could be worth it. I couldn't bear to spend that much for just the everyday, though!
Holy crap. That's not worth it. I feel like my belly button looks kinda goofy but really, it just looks like a pg outie! It's just new for me! And, it isn't my navel that looks odd through my clothes, it's my navel ring! The shaft is longer since it's a maternity one so the charms/balls sit further apart and combined with how far my tummy sticks out, it looks funny through my shirts. Oh well!

ETA: DH likes to poke my outie as if it were a button too..... sheesh. What is it with men and buttons?! Any button DH sees, he has to push! When we were at the OB's office 2 weeks ago, he saw the button on a lamp and it took all the self-control he had to keep his finger off of it! He thinks it's hilarious that my innie has popped out this early and thinks it's cute.
#16 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM

I don't mind my outie - although if you look at that belly pic I posted in my bathing suit, it sticks out so much on top that it actually created a shadow on my stomach. What's hard to handle is when people actually touch it through my shirt - I'm so ticklish there so please, keep your hands to yourself!

But I suppose if you really don't like your outie and have an event to go to, those pasties wouldn't be a bad idea.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#17 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Ha, mine is a half innie/outie regularly anyway, and I'm scared by how much it sticks out already...but I'm too cheap to buy something like that!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#18 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski View Post
i have the total opposite prom. I have an indentation in my shirts over navel. i have a very deep innie. It was still innie at 9 months with DD, although it was flattened a bit. How i wish for a cute outie.
This describes my belly button too. Very innie, and last time it never actually popped out, just flattened out. This time around, it's still an innie at 22 weeks (I think I'm 22 weeks, but I'm embarassed to say I've lost count and would need to sit down with a calendar to figure it out!), so I'm guessing it's going to stay the same as last time.
#19 of 20 Old 06-25-2008, 10:49 PM

I've had an outie for months now. Today a lady at work said my belly looked like a huge boob with a nipple sticking out. I'm not too sure if I like my outie now.
#20 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 05:01 PM

Interesting......

I don't care to 'hide' mine.... so much as it hurts sometimes to be sticking out like that. Mine still 'pops in and out'.. it hasn't made it's mind up yet lol. First pregnancy it just got huge and open.. but never out.. 2nd pregnancy it got even larger/open and nearly popped. This time it pops out depending on my position I guess.. and sometimes it HURTS .

But I don't suppose those things stop it from hurting?

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page