Nursery pics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody got any nursery pics? Or nuseries in progress? Ours is basically done I just want to add some shelves on the walls. Here's the pics.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...y/P1030863.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...y/P1030865.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...y/P1030867.jpg
#2 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 11:25 PM

Very sweet nursery! The shelves will look great, I bet.

I just flipped my laptop around and showed DH the pics. I said, "See! Everyone else is working on their nurseries!!!" I'm having trouble getting him motivated! Doesn't help that our weekends are alway so busy lately, either. But at least the design is all coming together in my head.
#3 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 11:36 PM

It looks great, mama! I'd love to put a nursery together for this little one

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#4 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Very sweet nursery! The shelves will look great, I bet.

I just flipped my laptop around and showed DH the pics. I said, "See! Everyone else is working on their nurseries!!!" I'm having trouble getting him motivated! Doesn't help that our weekends are alway so busy lately, either. But at least the design is all coming together in my head.
Well I really did most of it. Lol the nursery was a big messy storage room for him and one day when I was about 3 months he just got all excited and cleaned out most of the room and drug me out to buy a crib and he put it together that day. Then for my birthday he went garage saling with his mom and bought a crib matress and a bunch of other stuff. After we found out the sex I bought all the bedding and stuff and really started decorating and I told him that he had to have the rest of that stuff out when the glider got here cause thats where I was going to put it.

This tues the glider arrived at walmart and i got an email. I told Danny get started I'm going to get the glider now. He had it all cleaned out by the time I got home and he put it together for me!

Other than putting together the crib and glider he didnt really do much. I painted the wooden letters. I sanded and painted the toy box, I (and my mom) put together the changing table. I put the stickers on the wall and toy box, His mom and I hung the curtain, I cleaned out the closet and organized everything.

It doesnt really bother me one bit. He would do more but he would take a few days and I'd rather just do it myself than wait on him and I really LOVE working on my nursery. I am gonna be sad when we get the shelves up and everything is DONE.

Aside from those shelves and some knick knacks for the shelves I am not allowed to spend any more money on baby stuff until after the shower. Lol I have bought everything I need and want except a few smaller things and I will have nothing left for the shower.
#5 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 12:03 AM

Well it looks beautiful! Great job mama!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#6 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 05:23 AM

I'd love to do something like that, but it just ends up wasted space for our family. I've got a changing table set up in the living room, and if both my other kids weren't in the bed or right next to the bed, we'd put the crib side-car to the bed. We shall see as time passes.
#7 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 07:50 AM

Very pretty!!

I have the baby bedding bought! That is as far as I am..lol
#8 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 07:57 AM

Very very nice!!! I don't prepare a nursery, because we'd never use it, lol!!!! I simply get ready to share the bed with another little one, and set the changing table up somewhere. (I'm glad you brought this up though, because I need to do that - maybe today!!! )
#9 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 AM

Very nice! We won't be preparing a nursery either because baby will be sleeping with us, but yours sure does look pretty.

I like the glider - where did you get that?

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#10 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 10:40 AM

How sweet! I love the bedding you chose - so pretty! I also really like the stickers. They add that special touch!

Our nursery is coming along. I finished painting and started doing the stripes yesterday. I got 3 stripes done, woo hoo! I took a few "before" and "in progress" pictures - I should start posting them.

This should be our Nursery Pics Thread!

P.S. I'm doing all the work on our nursery too. When I'm in the thick of it, moving furniture, painting, getting all tired and crampy, I feel a bit mad that DH isn't helping more. But then he usually comes into the room and tells me I'm awesome and that it looks great - which makes me feel ridiculously happy that I'm preparing our little girl's room by myself! Kudos to you for doing the hard work yourself!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#11 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 11:37 AM

That's great! I love the pattern you chose.
We don't have room for a nursery, so just putting stuff where we can find room.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#12 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 PM

Very nice! I really like it . Great job!
#13 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Very nice! The stickers add such a nice little touch.

Dh won't let me paint- LOL. So I'm trying to be patient because he is working full time and going to school for his Master's and those summer courses are crazy. But, he wants to have it all painted within the next three weeks, and then we'll get the carpet installed. After that I'm free to decorate! Although, I've already bought the letters of the baby's name and some accessories. Ha- just try and stop me... LOL.

We registered for our bedding, so we'll have to wait until the end of AUGUST to see if we get that.

I can't wait to see how everyone's nursery's come together.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#14 of 20 Old 06-28-2008, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

I actually ordered the glider from walmart and I am very pleased with it! Its nice and sturdy and it isnt cheap looking at all. Seems likr it would hold up well. It was only $170 including the ottoman!!!
Here's the link http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...8&shopFor=true
And I did site to store shipping so I didnt have to pay shipping and if I didnt like the color or anything once I saw it in person I could have returned it for a full refund. Pretty sweet deal!

One thing I will say is that I think they got the pics mixed up on the beige and butter colors. I ordered butter thinking it was lighter then beige and its a dark tan color. I was a little peeved but It still matches and its neutral so I dont want to wait for another one to come in just to get a slightly different color. Plus what if I hate that color once it comes in? I know I like this one ok so I decided I was too excited to reorder but now you know if you want that glider in beige or butter the pics are swithed around.
#15 of 20 Old 06-28-2008, 09:18 PM

It looks so sweet, mama! I love that you have her name on the wall and I super dig that patchwork valance! My baby preparation has always been readying a room for the older sibling b/c we've never had a crib but I sure do love looking at all the lovingly prepared babies rooms!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#16 of 20 Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 AM

Well, the nursery is far from finished, but at least the walls are painted (DH ROCKS!!!) and some of the furniture has been ordered:

Nursery Pics are on my blog.

I'm so excited! Thanks again Carrie for the hint about the frog tape for taping off the stripes.

ETA: We decided against the chair rail we had been considering because, as you can see, the room is full of doors (french doors to my office/sunroom, door to hall, door to closet, door to bathroom) and windows.
#17 of 20 Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 AM

^It looks fabulous, mama!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#18 of 20 Old 07-01-2008, 03:09 PM

Very nice, ladies!

We are making a nursery (because we do have a room for it, even though I don't imagine we'll use it all that much until he gets a little older). Right now we are finishing some construction type work on it. Then comes the fun part. I have it all planned out in my head and it makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. We are big Disney freaks in my family, so the nursery is going to be done in the style of Disneyland's Toontown. My dad will be painting murals on the walls of the character houses, vehicles, etc. It's going to be very cartoonish and fun 0 I just can't wait. We hope to get started on the painting within a couple weeks. I'll definitely share some pictures when it's all done.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#19 of 20 Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM

Gorgeous and I can't help but notice that we are naming our babes the same name! I've had Chloe picked out as a name since 1999 when I was pregnant with my 1st son. Then I had two more boys after him and never got to use it. This time, they say it's a girl so I am using it for sure!!
#20 of 20 Old 07-01-2008, 07:15 PM

The rooms look great mamas!!! I wish we had the patience to do some kind of stripes! I'll post pics after we get some furniture in. Right now it's just painted walls, an old white dresser, and an old ugly black floor lamp. We're leaving the dresser in since it's in awesome shape but I sure wish it were going to be the same color as the crib (probably a honey/golden wood). I don't want to paint it since it won't need to match for the rest of our lives. At least the trim is all white so it won't look too out of place. The floor lamp will be replaced because I hate it. It's a cheap $8 one I bought when I was 18 for my first apt. I'll have a glider in there too. That's what my Mom is getting me as a big gift.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page