Weekly Chit Chat 6/29 - 7/5 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas! These extended hours at work are wiping me out!!! Yuck! At least I have Friday off.

Thanks for nice comments about the nursery. I'm really proud of DH's work (and my vision). Celeste thanks for posting on my blog about it! I always feel so special when someone besides my mommy posts on there!

Good luck to Mary Ann getting her furniture (that's why you're waiting on movers today, right?). And congrats to Changed on practically being finished. That was fast!

Poor mamas with aches and experiencing scary ctx. I hope you're all feeling better really soon. Looks like there is some great advice and tips on here for your complaints.
#62 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
Those with SI joint pain: My DH is a D.O. He's pretty out of practice with the manipulation end of things, but he taught me a great little trick. Lie on your side and bend your top knee to a 90-degree angle (thigh perpendicular to the body). Have someone gently push down on your knee while you push up against their hand. Most of the time when he does this, I don't feel anything at the joint, but it feels WAY better when I get up and walk around. Might tide you over until you can get to the chiro
Thank you for reminding me of this!! I did my internship in college with a chiro and worked with him for over 2 years (my degree is in Sports Med). I remember him doing this with some of his pg patients. He specialized in prenatal and ped care. I love, love, love chiro care and I haven't gotten regular treatments since I graduated in 2003 because I haven't found a chiro that I like or that worked for me. I got so spoiled in college! But, I contacted the chiro I worked for (in a different city) and he recommended one who is actually just down the street from me! I need to talk to DH and see what we can afford to do since I know how badly I need it. I think I'm going to spend the evening on my hands and knees stretching my back and trying that other recommended position (Thank Tiger Lily!).

DH's Grandpa is getting worse by the day. He's stopped almost all communication and when he does speak, my FIL says all he talks about is how "Tara's going to have a baby girl and she's going to be so cute and dainty". It makes you wonder if there is clarity in the end. They've called Hospice because he's not taking his meds or eating either. So, unfortunately, I went shopping today to get something appropriate to wear to a funeral. I have nothing for that. I wish I had a better reason for buying a new dress.

I hope all of you experiencing ctx feel better soon! I'm sure it just adds to the daily stresses of pregnancy. Take it easy and keep up the at-home remedies!
#63 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 PM

wow.this thread is already so long! i can hardly keep up.

cat, your room looks great.

as far as MIL's...well, im happy w/ mine and it helps they are in another state. but..ive had one before that i wanted to strangle..not very GD i know.

babe has been very very low for so long already....we are almost 28 weeks and you can SEE how low he is...so weird. a friend of mine said yesterday "you must be miserable" (well, i guess im in a lot of pain often but the chiro. is helping ALOT). then she said 'maybe he will come at 35 weeks so you wont have much longer'....uh!!!!!!! no i hope he does NOT come at 35 weeks....she said "well, they can breathe then". ok, i think my head really did spin around.
#64 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 PM

^People just really are not very bright. Full term babies are what we want!!!! Being achy and tired of pregnancy is not a good reason to hope for a preterm baby, IMO. Sheesh.
#65 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Well...I've been doing good with the water, it's the RRL tea that I haven't been making. But as long as I drink a glass of water first thing in them morning it really helps me feel better and continue the hydration throughout the day.

But, I did make a yummy smoothie today. I bought a huge bag of frozen fruit at Costco for like $5 and added a banana with some apple juice. It was so good I drank two tall glasses of it instead of eating chocolate chip cookies.
#66 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 PM

I went home from work early at 3 and have been trying to take it easy. I've just been resting, but after a half hour or so I decided to time the contrax. From 4:30 to 7:30 they were all 10 min apart, and didn't get any more frequent or more intense, so BH contrax they are. I have no idea why all of a sudden today they're more noticeable/uncomfortable. But, with all the water I've had, I'm barely peeing, so I think I must be really dehydrated.

People really aren't very bright, though, I have to agree. I was leaving work early, and I had to tell the guy that works in the lab that I was going home. Of course he asks why (he's 21 years old, kind of a jerk) so I told him I wasn't feeling well, that I was having contractions and was going to home to rest. His response? "OMG, that would be so funny if you had your baby at work!"

Yeah, hilarious. Totally so funny if I went into early labor and had a 26 weeker AT WORK.

Anyways, I'm just going to keep on taking it easy. Thanks for all the positive thoughts, everyone!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#67 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 08:56 PM

What an asshat he must be...geez. I hope you can rest and feel better. I'd be pretty concerned with that frequency. Did you call the MW?
#68 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 PM

Everything I read online and in my books said that 10 min is pretty normal for BH's.

I didn't call my midwife, everything I've read says they're completely normal. I'll make you a deal, if I still feel like this tomorrow I will call. My next appointment isn't till next Thursday.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#69 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM

If you're not worried, I sure won't. I think that's about how far mine were the other day and I was getting worried. I never got concerned enough to do anything other than listen to those cues and rest though.
#70 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 09:43 PM

BabyCakes- Ask your midwife about Valerian root too. It helps relax muscles and is very safe during pregnancy. It helps with stress too.

take care of yourself!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#71 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 PM

I've heard drinking a glass of red wine can help stave off preterm labor. The info came from a mw but you know how ppl can disagree.
#72 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 PM

If you were pushing the H2O and not peeing you probably were pretty dehydrated Carrie. Has it been hot in your area? I know that here (in the high 90's lately) it's been even more important to drink CONSTANTLY. Maybe take a little salt too? That can help you absorb the water. again!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#73 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 11:18 PM

Babycakes, Heidirk is correct, valerian is safe during pregnancy. I have had to use it the last 2 pregnancies to make it to 37 weeks. Without it I could have have a 30 or 32 week baby so I am happy with its turnout for me. Definitely check with your midwife because it works wonderful for premature labor. I have been so busy with pharmacology this summer I have not posted much, but I try to check in and read. I hope everyone continues to do great and I love the pictures of nurseries I have seen. You all are doing great jobs. I just want all of you ladies to know what an encouragement you are and how thankful I am I found this group. I guess I should get some homework done. I bought my beads today and I will write my messages tomorrow and send them Thursday when I go to town for pharmacology. I was glad to finally get that done and I enjoyed the little shop I found that had beads and I found some that made me think of all of you. :
#74 of 140 Old 07-01-2008, 11:43 PM

I just remembered that a good liquid calcium magnesium can help calm contractions. I have used that too.
#75 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehillworks View Post
I just remembered that a good liquid calcium magnesium can help calm contractions. I have used that too.
Does it have to be in liquid form to have that effect? I take a calcium/magnesium supplement from Rainbow Light but its not liquid.
I have been having some BH contrax along with some low pelvic pain.
My next prenatal midwife visit is tomorrow am right after my 1 hour glucose test. Wish me luck!

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#76 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 AM

You guys, I just did the DUMBEST thing. I really hope I don't get fired from my job. I got an response in my email from a salesperson - a very high up salesperson - and I wrote a snarky remark about her response and instead of forwarding it to my other coworker I hit REPLY. I immediately recalled it but I never trust those things. Now, every time I get a new email I have a mini heart attack thinking she's going to be uber pissed off and I'm going to get fired.

UGH. Lesson to all. DO NOT write snarky emails, period. And if you do, don't hit reply. I'm such a loser.

In other news, I haven't been contracting all morning! Huzzah! I'm still taking it relatively easy, despite the mini heart attacks. I should have just stayed home!

#77 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

GL Carrie!!!! Hopefully you caught it in time...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#78 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 12:52 PM

Got my fingers crossed for you, Carrie!
#79 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
In other news, I haven't been contracting all morning! Huzzah! I'm still taking it relatively easy, despite the mini heart attacks. I should have just stayed home!
Have you talked with your mw yet? I really think you should be at home off of your feet if you are still having contractions. Even if you are just dehydrated, just give yourself a couple of days to replenish.
#80 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Thoughts to everyone dealing with ctx or worried about ptl... not a pleasant thought for sure.

Carrie, I hope the email got recalled, if not, try to blame it on "crazy pg hormones"....

Thanks to all for the comments on my vent about MIL.. apparently she did end up apologizing, although I haven't spoken to her yet - not unusual during my work week since I'm at work when she's off. It was very uncharacteristic of her so, we'll see.. although I think that she's upset in many ways over things we've decided with the baby - not giving us a hard time about it, just can't comprehend why we don't want to find out the gender so she can start buying clothes, etc etc... and I know it's hard, it's her first grandchild from birth (she fully treats ds like a grandchild but wasn't there for the pregnancy/newborn stage, kwim) and she wants to get to do those grandmotherly things... hard, too, to know that she can give advice but I've btdt and know what works for me lol.

I'm excited, I'm almost done with my cloth dipe stash for this babe - I've spent $175 so far, which will cover him or her through the NB stage and enough to get through the beginning of the small stage before I start trading out for gender specific dipes. I would love to get one pair of NB longies and a soaker, but we'll see, depends on if I find any at a good price. 6 months into this pregnancy and I still haven't found the time to sit down and teach myself to knit, sigh... it was a goal of mine to be able to knit my own for this babe.

Very tired today and I have to work again, so DH and DS are out at the park while I enjoy some down time - I'm about to go jump in the bath!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#81 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 01:09 PM

^ I haven't been contracting at all today. I actually feel pretty good physically. I feel bigger though, maybe she was growing and stretching me out, hence the contractions.

I'm not one for crying wolf. I don't know. It's just not in my personality to necessarily panic over something if the symptoms fade and I start feeling better. I guess that's why I'm comfortable, even, with having a homebirth. Everyone at work was asking me today, "What did the doctor say, what did the doctor say?" and when I told them that I didn't see a doctor, I went home and rested and watched tv and drank about 3 liters of water, they were shocked. But that's just me. And I'm glad I'm feeling better, though, b/c if I were feeling the same or worse, I'd be on the phone with my mw, believe you me.

Anyways, I think I'm in the clear with the email. I got another email from the same salesperson and she just asked me if I received the fax that she resent. So, I don't think she got the one that I sent, or else she's ignoring it - either way I'm okay with it. I just did NOT want sh*t to hit the fan today, or ever. It would have been bad, bad, bad.

#82 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 PM

Thank goodness!

Glad you're feeling better too.
#83 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Carrie I've done that... but instead it got sent to "reply all"! Everyone in my company!!! : Luckily, something was up with the server and I was able to find and delete it before it went out... but I was seriously sweating bullets there for a bit! As for the contrx, I am all for a Momma following her intuition about when to call her mw vs. not. Just keep being alert to your body's cues and taking care of yourself when you need to.

Faerie, glad to hear your MIL seems to have come around. I know grandparents get this entitlement stuff going on which on some level is understandable, but on another completely ridiculous. You're supposed to find out the gender so she can shop?! The logic there is a little over the top.

Me: 24 weeks today!! Dh came home yesterday after being gone for 2 days and said I've had a growth spurt! I don't have the camera today, but hopfully I'll get a pic in the next couple - the babe and the boobs () are bigger.

Dh is in the town parade for the 4th and then we and a bunch of friends are all going river rafting in the afternoon. I can't wait till Friday!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#84 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 PM

My boobs have, I think, hit equilibrium for the time being.

That is, until my milk comes in! :

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#85 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 PM

My boobs are bigger than I've ever seen them, it's insane. I've always had small A's - double A's depending on the brand of bra - and even though I'm still wearing an A, my boobs now touch my protruding belly when I'm sitting, and they touch each other in the middle. I've never felt anything like it - and I feel so womanly!

I feel great tonight - despite the oopsie at work - and am making seitan buffalo wings for myself for dinner. Might not go to bed till 10:30 waiting for these things to cook, but they are so good and I've been craving buffalo wings for a few days, so they're totally worth it!

SO glad it's a long weekend. I don't have big plans, just going to my in-laws for food and fun, hopefully the weather is nice and I'll bring my bathing suit for their pool. But they're forecasting rain in our area so we shall see.

#86 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Dh is in the town parade for the 4th and then we and a bunch of friends are all going river rafting in the afternoon. I can't wait till Friday!
Oooh, I'm so jealous! I love rafting. Where are you guys going? I would even settle for a little bit of a ride in an innertube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
My boobs are bigger than I've ever seen them, it's insane. I've always had small A's - double A's depending on the brand of bra - and even though I'm still wearing an A, my boobs now touch my protruding belly when I'm sitting, and they touch each other in the middle. I've never felt anything like it - and I feel so womanly!
Hey, if I'm going to gain any weight...I'll take it in the boobs. I use to be an A cup also, a very small A. Now I wear a C cup. Well, actually one of my boobs is a C the other is a B

Even when I stop nursing they really don't go down much at all. I like my new bust size way better than my pre-pg years.
#87 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 PM

OrchideZ- I have only used the liquid. The pills will probably work but will also probably take longer to take effect. Hope that helps.
#88 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I love rafting. Where are you guys going?
We're going on the Rogue River. It's very mellow and the rafting company trucks you up river a ways, sends you on your way, and you raft back down into town. Lots of fun and you get to see lots of wildlife too. There are a couple "rapids" that get you wet, but nothing you can't handle without knowing anything about rafting.

#89 of 140 Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
We're going on the Rogue River. It's very mellow and the rafting company trucks you up river a ways, sends you on your way, and you raft back down into town. Lots of fun and you get to see lots of wildlife too. There are a couple "rapids" that get you wet, but nothing you can't handle without knowing anything about rafting.
Now I'm really envious! I didn't even look at your location. I have always wanted to see the Rogue just for the scenery and I would love to go on the Clackamas...I always thought I would make it there but it looks now that we are going to be moving to Tennessee in about 10 months so I probably never will. Ah well, on to other beautiful rivers.
#90 of 140 Old 07-03-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehillworks View Post
OrchideZ- I have only used the liquid. The pills will probably work but will also probably take longer to take effect. Hope that helps.
Thanks! it does help to relieve my mind.
Also my MW made me feel better today...she said the BH contrax I described are normal and unless there are more of them in one hour, to just breathe through them and take it easy. The low cervical pain she said is like a funny bone/nerve reaction to the baby bumping with his hands into my lady bits.
She gave me a referral to a physical therapist for the sciatica if I would prefer to give that a go in lieu of paying out of pocket (mostly) for the chiro.

Carrie: that happened to me only once before with an email...eeeps...that is the worst feeling ever. Hugs to you.

Guess what I noticed today? I got a teensy drop of milky stuff from my left boob....
I was so tripped out by it and just burst into laughter and then called my husband at work and told him about it .
It was pretty funny too b/c he was standing near to a female who works for him and I guess she gathered the gist of our convo according to him...oh dear.
He assured me later that it was/is no big deal to be embarrassed over. Heehee.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page