Weekly Chit-Chat 7/6 - 7/12 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 108 Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm cutting myself off. No baby needs more than one closet full of clothes and his is FULL. Yowza!
#62 of 108 Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM

^ I am in the process of reiterating to EVERYBODY that we don't need or want clothes. DS had/has a rediculous amount of clothes and we do not want/need more to clutter up our house It IS hard to walk by a kids rack and not buy something though haha

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#63 of 108 Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Where is Carrie at? I'm dying to hear what her m/w has said/found about her contractions.

Did I miss a post?
#64 of 108 Old 07-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Yes! All is good! I posted an update in its own thread! Thanks so much for thinking of me!

Anyways, I'm tired. I got up at quarter to 7 this morning, and I need to go to bed early tonight!

I ordered my diaper covers and all that, they shipped them out on the 26th of June, and they STILL haven't arrived yet! Grr! They shipped them USPS so their "tracking" isn't so good. I don't feel like waiting for them any more.

And I just had a really good piece of strawberry rhubarb pie.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#65 of 108 Old 07-08-2008, 10:07 PM

Anyone else really, really hungry this week? Oy! I've been eating constantly, after months and months of seeing food go by and feeling like, 'eh, whatever. . .'

It is incredibly humid here. It's only 89 degrees or so, but geez! The fan is only helping so much at this point, YK? I don't even want to sit on my couch, it just absorbs my body heat!

I'm sure the BB had a growth spurt this week because my belly feels really tight and stretched. And I'm feeling much less tired, so I think My iron has come up too. I'm anxious to get measured, and have my heme tested, and get my GTT out of the way. Then, it's just Rhogam and the home stretch!!!! This pg has gone SO fast!

I'm ordering some Kissaluvs fitteds this week, and my Lunapads postpartum supplies have already come in the mail. I feel so well prepared this time around!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#66 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 AM

I bought some small Fuzzi Bunz but I think they are going to be to big for a newborn even though I have large babies...I'm sure this one will be around 9 pounds or more, my last was 10.2

I'm debating on whether I should buy some newborn diapers...maybe some bamboozles. I was thinking about just going coverless with them to save some money.

I mentioned cloth menses pads to my DH and he kind of sneered at it...
#67 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
I'm ordering some Kissaluvs fitteds this week, and my Lunapads postpartum supplies have already come in the mail. I feel so well prepared this time around!
Aren't Kissaluvs the cutest dipes ever?!? Gotta love the size 0s on a wee little babe!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#68 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 11:15 AM

The kissaluvs are SO adorable! I also love the way the BG 3.0 looks, too. I got it in blossom and it's the cutest baby pink ever! But the kissaluvs take the cake, are so soft and just so cute!

I've been very hungry all week too. I was STARVING yesterday, couldn't get enough to eat to save my life!

It's hot around where I am too, very sticky. We have window units, not central air (yet, maybe someday), and they are having trouble to keeping up with the humidity and heat. Stinks. Luckily my work building is nice and air conditioned and most of my time is spent there! Actually, right now I could use a sweater b/c it's really nice and chilly in here!

I also can't believe how fast things have gone by, either. I'm thinking about leaving work earlier than 38 weeks now, but I dunno. I still have time to decide.

AAM - I'm starting to feel kinda ugly. Like, I love my belly. That's the perfect part. But my face and hair are completely wrecked. They say girls steal your beauty - mine is definitely taking everything I had and more. I was at the mall last night and I think I've decided I'm not going back ever. Everyone just looked so beautiful, all the women were so gorgeous! I felt like such a ugly fart! I feel disgusting when I'm getting dressed in the morning, like I have no cute clothes to wear. My skin is kinda looking sad. My hair won't curl or go straight. I dunno, anybody else kinda feel this way?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#69 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 11:23 AM

I know what you mean, Carrie. I felt that way this weekend. Of course it could have had something to do with the non-maternity bathing suit I was wearing which stretched a little too thin! Most days I feel great, but some days it's just a flood of people who are confident in their bodies, one after the other. Nothing was fitting right, and I was just sticky and sweaty and so self-concious.
#70 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Yep. I know how you feel. It really stinks. Most of my issues are weight related and not so much my overall appearance but all the same...
#71 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 PM

Yes, Carrie. I'm right there with you. I love my belly....don't mind showing that off at all. It's my skin that I'm so embarassed about. It's bad when I have to put on some makeup just to go teach a group exercise class! I'm feeling very self-conscious in ways that are unrelated to my weight gain. Ick.

Well, DH's Grandpa passed this morning. I'm glad it's over. It's been coming for a couple weeks now. The end of cancer is so not fun that I feel more relieved than sad right now. I've still cried of course (he was such a sweet man!) but it wasn't like tears of devistation. Anyway, we're leaving town today or tomorrow morning. DH has to get some things lined up at work first and we're waiting to hear from my FIL. My MIL called to give the news because FIL couldn't talk. This is going to be a rough weekend I think as far as emotions go. What's really hitting me right now is that I have no Grandpa's left to meet this LO. I'm a big believer in an afterlife (not necessarily the heaven-type) so I know they'll see this babe, it just won't be in person. Since we're leaving town, I probably won't be around for several days. The funeral will be either Saturday or Monday so we could be gone until Tuesday.

Have a great week mama's! See you when we get back.
#72 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 12:06 PM

So sorry for your family's loss, Tara. My thoughts are with you, it's going to be a very emotional time for all of you.

#73 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 12:12 PM

Oh Tara, I'm so sorry. It's ok to feel relieved. It's been a long, hard road. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.
#74 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM

It's been quite hot here in NC, too, and I'm dyin to go to the pool! I'm thinking about getting myself a summer membership to the Y or something just to have the option every day.

Just wanted to send everyone good thoughts about your (our) bodies...they are beautiful and amazing!! Not that I don't empathize with teh self-criticism, really. I'm starting to feel kinda awkward, physically -- on the way home yesterday I got to our staircase and looked up at it and was really overwhelmed, like OMG, I have to climb THAT? When did it get so ... steep? and long? ;-)

Just wanted to share the news, too, that I turned in my thesis! I'll officially have my degree in just a few weeks! Yahooooo!

have a lovely week...
#75 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM

^That is great news Heddy!! Congrats! I can't imagine how proud and accomplished you must feel!

I fogot to show you all what I bought! It's being shipped today!

Dumbo nursery lamp

The lamp we have in there right now is just really ugly/inappropriate for our nursery (all black). For the price, I just couldn't pass it up!
#76 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Oh Tara I am so sorry for your family's loss. Though I can relate when my grandma passed, it was sad to see her go, but good that she wasn't in any pain anymore.

And the lamp you bought is very cute.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#77 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 02:25 PM

So sorry for your family's loss Tara! We don't have any Grandparents (would be Great Grandparents) on Dh's side of the family anymore and it was actually one of the reasons we decided to go ahead and TTC before the timing was "perfect". My Grandparents aren't getting any younger either and we really wanted them to have a chance to meet our children. This will be the first great grandchild for both of my Grandparents too.

Heddy, I'm so jealous!!! I've got like... 8 years of school left! And summer school just started for me last night... 4 hrs of one class, ugh.

I'm beginning to feel unweildy as well. It's just SO hot that all my clothes feel like they're sticking in unattractive places and I want to cut all my hair off (it's down to my butt). In the morning my belly feels manageable, but by the evening it feels SO huge and heavy. At least I think my iron supplements are working b/c I don't feel like I've been run over by a truck everyday on top of it. If I can swing it I think I'm going to go buy a few maternity sun dresses so that I don't have to have fabric clinging to me everywhere.

I'm 25 weeks today! Yeah!!! And I haven't bought ANY diapers! I'm trying to wait till after my shower (Sept. 6th) to buy stuff so I won't buy anything someone else has already bought me. Is that leaving it too late?

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#78 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Tara: I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

Heddy Bee: Congrats to you!
#79 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 PM

Tara, sending warm thoughts to your family and to your DH's dear Grandpa.

Heddy, huge congrats on finishing your thesis!!

I'm so behind on responding to your posts... it's been a busy week for me! I've been working on a deadline since last Friday.

This morning I went to a cafe for breakfast, and everyone was smiling and congratulating me on my pregnancy. It was really sweet and wonderful. Someone asked me if I'm due soon... HA! I have at least 8 weeks, and hopefully 10, until these twins are welcome to emerge.

I'm really slowing down. We all went out to an outdoor concert last night, and it wasn't long before My back and ribs were so sore, I had to leave. All that to say I can relate to what you guys are saying about feeling BIG and awkward. I think it will be really nice to have a singleton pregnancy in the future.

I think I'm going to take a nap!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#80 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 04:21 PM

Celeste - 8 to 10 weeks before your kiddos emerge!? WOW! I've got 8-10 weeks before my maternity leave, so it really puts it in perspective for me. That's amazing! Did you at least enjoy what you got to see at the concert?

I think part of the reason I feel so mushy is b/c I haven't been exercising. So I'm going to the gym today! Woo hoo! I bought a new shirt that actually covers my belly and is cute (and was on sale, w00t) so I'll feel a little more confident. And whatever to those who stare, they can shove it!

#81 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM

Carrie, yes, 8-10 weeks! I could go further than that, but I'm hoping to deliver between 36-38 weeks. My official due date is 10/2, but it's fairly certain that these will be September babies... mama might cry if they go much beyond that!

I did enjoy the concert - sorry to make everything sound so dismal in my life! Despite the (constant) discomfort, I am enjoying this time so very much. I feel so emotionally comfortable in my body for the first time in my adult life, and love the positive attention I'm getting from friends and strangers.

I also feel like the babies are becoming more responsive, rather than their movements feeling random... it's wonderful, in the true sense of the word.

Enjoy your workout!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#82 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Warm thoughts to you and your family Tara.

I'm feeling a bit ucky myself b/c with the heat my legs are starting to swell some and at just about 28w I have gained about 24 pounds.

I just have to give you all a heads up about BG 3.0's. They aren't all that great and the velcro is awful. The tabs don't last long and end up having to be replaced by you or someone else who can sew. I highly recommend snaps over velcro.

I think I'm going to get some Kissaluvs for the newborn stage also...they are very soft but I did have a friend who used them and didn't think they were that great but she had also never cloth diapered before. Maybe I'll just get PF's since they are cheaper.
#83 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 PM

Ugh. 104 here today. I'm TOO hot.

That is all.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#84 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 PM

109 here! Some friends and I got together and hired a private swim instructor to come to my friend's house and teach all our kids. Some of us moms got in today and it felt soooo good to be in the pool!

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#85 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I just have to give you all a heads up about BG 3.0's. They aren't all that great and the velcro is awful. The tabs don't last long and end up having to be replaced by you or someone else who can sew. I highly recommend snaps over velcro.

I think I'm going to get some Kissaluvs for the newborn stage also...they are very soft but I did have a friend who used them and didn't think they were that great but she had also never cloth diapered before. Maybe I'll just get PF's since they are cheaper.
Thanks for the heads up on the BG 3.0. Luckily I only bought one, and the rest of my stash are kissaluvs and PF's. Obviously I can't speak from experience, but everything I read says that kissaluvs are the best for newborn BF poo.

The gym was good! No contrax at all - must have been b/c I was just calmer overall. My new shirt really made a difference - not feeling like everything was clinging to me. It's amazing what a little confidence can do for your spirit.

#86 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
109 here!
One oh NINE? Oh, you poor thing!

Carrie glad to hear your workout was uneventful.

#87 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
One oh NINE? Oh, you poor thing!
Yup. Like I said, the pool felt REALLY REALLY good

Interesting to hear that the BG 3.0s are having the same issues I had with the 1.0 and 2.0. I had major velcro issues. And the elastic shot out of them really fast. I'm not buying BGs again. I actually just bought some one-size Tiny Tush pockets from the co-op board here. I'm interested to see how those are. Otherwise, most of my newborn stash is fitteds--XS Sandies, some ATD fitteds and a couple of Swaddlebees and Dream-EZ fitteds that I picked up for good deals somewhere along the way. I have a stack of 4 dozen infant prefolds too. . . trying to decide if I want to trim some of them down for the newborn period or not. But I'm done buying dipes for the moment. I just need a few more covers and a couple of Snappis and a wetbag for the diaper bag and I think I'm done. :

#88 of 108 Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm dying to see my kissaluvs! I used prefolds with DS, but thecovers I had and the size prefiolds I had I just could notget to work properly. And DS had explosive poo! I needed something that would contain it, this time around!

Now, I just have to decide how many to get!

Mmmm, cloth pads for momma, one of my newest favorite things ever in the whole world. I made the switch while we were TTC, so DH is used to them, but really, whatever I was THAT enthusiastic about, he'd say yes to.

I have lunapads, and I showed them to my friend, and now SHE has lunapads too!!!

104!!!! 109!!! Where do ya'll LIVE? Oy, I can do a day or two of that type of temps, but not much more.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#89 of 108 Old 07-10-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
Mmmm, cloth pads for momma, one of my newest favorite things ever in the whole world. I made the switch while we were TTC, so DH is used to them, but really, whatever I was THAT enthusiastic about, he'd say yes to.

I have lunapads, and I showed them to my friend, and now SHE has lunapads too!!
So how do you wash your mama pads? Do you wash them with diapers? Do you rinse/soak, etc.?

The one thing I remember hating pp was that store bought pads always make me really itchy b/c I'm really sensitive to them.

But as far as when my menses returns, I really like to wear tampons so I guess something like a diva cup would be better for me. I would probably never use and cloth pads again so it might be sort of wasteful as far a money goes. This might be kind of gross but do people buy used mama pads?
#90 of 108 Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
The one thing I remember hating pp was that store bought pads always make me really itchy b/c I'm really sensitive to them.
Yep, that's exactly the reason I'm considering them this time around. I know some people really like preemie prefolds for this purpose too, and you can use them for other things when you're done with them. Especially, like you said, since you may not use them for your regular period. I'm the same way--I hate pads normally. I bought a Diva cup but I've never been able to get the darn thing in properly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page