Weekly chit-chat 7/20-7/27 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 71 Old 07-26-2008, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome MommaFox!

Casemor, so sorry you are dealing with sickness. Hang in there, you will be rewarded.

Changed, I totally didn't believe the u/s with my first. they said she was a girl, I was convinced I was having a boy and I had many vivid dreams. Well, they were right, she's a she. It will be interesting to see what happens for you.

Baby Cakes, What a bummer you have to wait for the dresser. The crib I could definitely handle... but dang. Were you going to use the dresser for a changing pad also? Well, you could use it as an excuse to buy some cute decorative storage boxes/baskets for her room...use them for clothes now and then use them for toys or something else later.

I don't have much going on for the collection/putting together of baby stuff. I wish I did though, it might make me feel a little more excited and connected to the baby. I do have an arms reach cs. Maybe I'll get it out and set it up I did actually want to get the sheet out and see how it sat next to my bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 71 Old 07-26-2008, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
Baby Cakes, What a bummer you have to wait for the dresser. The crib I could definitely handle... but dang. Were you going to use the dresser for a changing pad also? Well, you could use it as an excuse to buy some cute decorative storage boxes/baskets for her room...use them for clothes now and then use them for toys or something else later.
Yeah it is a bummer. Luckily no, we ordered the changing "station" thing that also has 6 drawers and a cubby in the middle, so we'll have room for storage. Plus we have a closet in the baby's room that we'll use for her clothes and things.

Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mama to Nora(8)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Finn (5)
    and Baby Tiebreaker due 1/18
#63 of 71 Old 07-26-2008, 05:24 PM

Aww Carrie, sorry to hear about the dresser. That's too bad.
And my supernose is not as powerful as it was during the first trimester, but my sense of smell is definitely still heightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
I just went for a pedicure. Nothing makes me happier....
I NEED a pedicure. I haven't had one in ages, but I keep threatening to get one. Once upon a time I used to get a pedicure about once a month and a manicure every two weeks. I don't know what happened...

Hey good news: After eight sweltering Memphis days and (and seven nights), our A/C has been repaired! The owner of the company came out and fixed it himself this morning. It took about 20 minutes for him to do it.
It's still not exactly cool in the house yet (84 degrees and falling), but it's an improvement. I spent some time working in Calla's room and doing laundry.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying cool!

#64 of 71 Old 07-26-2008, 05:34 PM

Well, cooking has always been a stress releasor for me, and we are going to a cookout tonight so I decided to make 2 desserts: New York Cheesecake with minted peaches and strawberries, and Coconut Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I don't know if this will be good in the long run (like when I gain 20 lbs by the time I give birth) but it gets my mind off of everything, which is heavenly.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#65 of 71 Old 07-26-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
Well, cooking has always been a stress releasor for me, and we are going to a cookout tonight so I decided to make 2 desserts: New York Cheesecake with minted peaches and strawberries, and Coconut Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Oh my, those are my two favorite desserts although I've never had PUDC with coconut.

Now I want cheesecake! MMmmm. I wish we had a cheesecake factory around here.
#66 of 71 Old 07-26-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Now I want cheesecake too! I'll try the topping, but I'm usually a straight-up kinda girl. Or extra fancy-schmancy-Cheesecake-Factory-ish.

crosscat - YAY for A/C!! You are a stronger woman than I, putting up with it for over a week. Enjoy the cool air and I hope it gets down nice and chilly for you tonight.

Baby Cakes - Sorry about the dresser, that kind of delay sounds a bit crazy. Hopefully it does arrive early. Oh, and better luck with the DMV next time!

AAM: I think I scared the pants off DH this morning. We ran a few errands, and one of our stops was at the new SuperTarget in our area. It is massive and set up very differently than any other Target I've been in, so we were wandering a bit, trying to figure out where everything was (HUGE infant department!). Well, DH pushes the cart (DS likes the 'taxi' ones with the big seats in front for larger kiddos) and we're going a bit too fast, but I'm trying to keep up. Next thing I know I can't catch my breath and I'm breaking out in a cold, clammy sweat. I was this.close to passing out and I'm actually surprised I didn't. It was scary for me, but poor DH was really freaked out about it. I got a little something to eat and some water and I felt a bazillion times better, but WOW! was that scary! I decided that running up to the outlet mall this afternoon probably would not be a good idea. Maybe next weekend. DS and I took a nap instead.

Oh, and how upset do you think my MWs will be that I've managed to LOSE weight this month? Yep, weighed myself last night, fully clothed, and I'm down at least 5 pounds from my last appointment, almost 6 pounds. It's not like I didn't start this pregnancy off at the heavy end of the spectrum, so I have plenty of reserves for baby girl, but still... I guess the mini-episodes of m/s that have returned in the evenings really have taken their toll. Oops.
#67 of 71 Old 07-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Figure I'll join in, I'm pretty new to the boards.

DH and I are going to a wedding today. Just today he informed me it's outside, UGH. Heat + Allibut do not mix. There's only a high of 80, but we're supposed to get thunderstorms. Considering the last wedding we went to I was at 24 weeks and had to leave 3 hours early to go to bed (and this was indoors!) I don't think I'll last long at this one. I'm getting hot and exhausted just getting ready :-P

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#68 of 71 Old 07-27-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
What exactly are minted peaches? Are they anything different than just mixing mint in with some peaches?

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#69 of 71 Old 07-27-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibut View Post
Figure I'll join in, I'm pretty new to the boards.

DH and I are going to a wedding today. Just today he informed me it's outside, UGH. Heat + Allibut do not mix. There's only a high of 80, but we're supposed to get thunderstorms. Considering the last wedding we went to I was at 24 weeks and had to leave 3 hours early to go to bed (and this was indoors!) I don't think I'll last long at this one. I'm getting hot and exhausted just getting ready :-P
Welcome Allibut! I hope you are able to enjoy the wedding. I get exhausted from getting ready also...sometimes I feel like I could use a nap before I go to where I need to. Take it easy.
#70 of 71 Old 07-27-2008, 01:44 PM

Well it was a recipe for minted blackberries but I just mixed peaches and strawberries, added sugar, lemon juice and chopped mint and let it macerate. Very yummy. I love anything with a little bit of mint though

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#71 of 71 Old 07-27-2008, 08:05 PM

I'm sorry I don't have a lot of time tonight to catch up on everything I've missed over the last several days! I hope you're all doing great and any of you experiencing problems, I hope you feel better and things are resolved!

We've been out of town for a wedding and other related events since Wed evening so I haven't had access to the board. My 3rd tri started on Fri! YAY! Hufflette was so active over the weekend that it made me feel a bit nauseous. Anyway, we're back and I'll be sure to jump in on the next Chat Thread so I can keep up or catch up.

Belly rubs mamas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page