Weekly chit-chat 7/20-7/27 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since no one has started this yet I will get it going, especially since it is already Tuesday...lol.

Well I am feeling bummed...I was all excited about hitting 27 weeks yesterday and starting my third trimester. Then I have a midwife visit and my iron levels are too low at the moment for a home birth and I am measuring 4-5 weeks ahead....sigh.

Not to mention I am exhausted this morning and wanted nothing more then to crawl back into bed and stay there all day. I am being a totally lazy mom and my kids are still in pj's and watching TV rather then playing outside on this gorgeous day...sigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 AM

Darn. Hope you can get those iron levels up. I'll say it again... chlorophyll! It's magic.

Nothing interesting going on. Yesterday was soooo incredibly stressful and teary. I'm determined to make the rest of the week better.

I'm heading out in a bit to go buy another watermelon. For some odd reason my appetite is GONE and watermelon is about the only thing I want. I ate some eggs and pancakes this morning but it was kinda hard to choke them down. How weird right?
#3 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the thread Maggie. Sorry to hear about your iron levels. Good luck getting them up!

My A/C is out - has been out since Thursday evening - and it's really trying my patience. A man came out and "fixed" it on Friday, but it broke again a few hours later, and we couldn't get anyone to come back until today. I'm waiting for someone to show up right now, in fact. Waiting for repairs has ruined the second half of my vacation (we were going to go to DH's family cabin on Greer's Ferry Lake in Ark to recover from our trip to DC).

Plus, we've had really hot weather in Memphis lately. It's been 90+ degrees INSIDE my house. I'm so dang tired of it!!! It's making me very grouchy. I can't get any chores done or any work on the nursery.

Earlier today I had to go back to work, and I absolutely do not want to be there. Everyone there is getting on my nerves. I'm getting really depressed by the prospect of putting up with them for the next six weeks. Not to mention that we are gearing up for one of busiest times of the year. YUCK!

On the bright side, however, physically I'm feeling really great, especially considering I'm now in the 3rd trimester (28 weeks today)! I have a lot of swelling, but I think that's mainly due to not having A/C. Other than that, I feel great. I am anxiously awaiting my Hypnobabies CDs, which should arrive sometime this week.

Hope everyone has a great week!
#4 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Hi everybody!

Wow, another week!! I'm 29w2d officially, and I can't believe it! Only 8 more weeks of work (yay) and 10 more till I'm due.

So, I learned how to drive a stick this weekend, huzzah! Chris is impressed with how quickly I picked it up. (So am I!) I still haven't driven my new Mini, but I've been driving Chris's VW Golf around and to work for the past 2 days. I have to run out to the food store for lunch today so that should be fun! I actually really enjoy it and I can't wait to actually drive my new car! The AC is broken in it, so it's too hot to even cruise around in it, even if I did have more experience. It's so adorable though. I lurve it!! :

Crosscat - that SUCKS about your AC. Stand in front of the fridge, lol, that's what I used to do when ours was out! I also hear you about work bugging you. I wish I didn't have 8 more weeks left at this place. Everyone is getting on my last nerve! Argh!

Otherwise, nothing too new with me. Just another normal week! I'll let you guys know if anything comes up, of course!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#5 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 PM

We don't have A/C at all in this house. It was 93 yesterday and I would bet that all contributed to the overall bad mood in our house. It sucks and you have my sympathy.

Look what I found- watermelon in pregnancy
#6 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Yum! And I love watermelon! Might have to pick some up at the store today!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 PM

Joining in!

Maggie, sorry to hear about your iron levels, I agree, chlorophyll! It has been making me feel tons better since I started on it.

Had my 28 week mw appointment this morning, it went very well. LO was firmly head down in my pelvis with a hand up by her/his face, curved around with feet kicking my right ribs. I am measuring a week behind but she wasn't concerned about it, I've gained 4 lbs since my last appointment five weeks ago and the baby's heart tones are excellent. She recommended I start taking a Ca/Mg supplement, I've had a few times of having to leave work because of too frequent braxton-Hicks and this is supposed to help. It's supposed to help with the restless leg issues I've been having at night as well so I'm ready to go get some immediately lol.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#8 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Ick on the A/C issues! I would go nuts!

Very interesting about watermelon - I was planning on making a fruit run this afternoon, I think I'll have to pick one up.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#9 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 12:42 PM

Maggie, thanks for the new thread and I hope you get your iron fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Darn. Hope you can get those iron levels up. I'll say it again... chlorophyll! It's magic.

Nothing interesting going on. Yesterday was soooo incredibly stressful and teary. I'm determined to make the rest of the week better.

I'm heading out in a bit to go buy another watermelon. For some odd reason my appetite is GONE and watermelon is about the only thing I want. I ate some eggs and pancakes this morning but it was kinda hard to choke them down. How weird right?
I've been craving watermelon like crazy too! YUM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
My A/C is out - has been out since Thursday evening - and it's really trying my patience. A man came out and "fixed" it on Friday, but it broke again a few hours later, and we couldn't get anyone to come back until today. I'm waiting for someone to show up right now, in fact. Waiting for repairs has ruined the second half of my vacation (we were going to go to DH's family cabin on Greer's Ferry Lake in Ark to recover from our trip to DC).
I'd die if we didn't have air! I'd be hanging out at my Mom's house! I have NO tolerance for heat and it's HOT here in Missouri. The heat index has been 105 this week. Ugh. I can tell it's affecting me. I'm wearing out a lot more quickly than normal and my appetite is diminishing.

AAM: Well, for some reason, that I can't get him to share, DH is not speaking to me. We got home from Bradley class last night at about 9:45 and we no sooner walked in the door when he says to me, "I'm going upstairs." Totally out of character. We always watch the news at 10 and then go through our 'close up the house and take care of the pets' routine together. So, I did all that myself and went up to bed at about 10:10. He was reading in bed and I asked him what was wrong and he paused for a long time and then said, "nothing." I couldn't get him to talk and he wouldn't roll over to look at me; he kept his back to me. So, I got anxious and needed to get up and move so I started some laundry and ate a donut (yes...donut). I then decided that since he very obviously didn't want to be around me that I'd just sleep on the couch. It feels better on my back anyway. He didn't seem to care since he didn't come downstairs to find out why I wasn't in bed or what I was doing. He said I love you and kissed me goodbye this morning but it was on the cheek and it was definitely just because he knows he needs to (that's one of our rules....don't leave w/o kiss and I love you even when you're upset because we still love each other, even if we're mad). So, I don't know. He won't be home tonight since he spends the evening with his Grandma on Tuesdays. *sigh*

Also, my OB's office called yesterday and left a message wanting to know when a good time would be to schedule an u/s. ???? I have no idea what she was talking about. I called and left a message today to see what's going on. I imagine they just didn't read my file very closely to see that we're declining the optional follow-up 36wk u/s (re: renal artery enlargement).

I'm feeling a bit stressed today and have anxious energy but I don't want to do anything.
#10 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 01:16 PM

It's time for my weekly check in. I might be on a little more since I lost my job yesterday. ugh! Apparently the owner of the company is making changes and unfortunately for me my position is no longer needed. I was given a months severance pay. I"m bummed but I'm probably going to go work with my friend who does in home daycare. It's less money but I can have baby with me all the time. I wont start there until mid August, only thing is I'll get paid once a month, so it's going to be extremely tight come Sept (first paycheck mid Sept.). I'm going to try to find something temp. for the next few weeks but we'll see.
Other than having the floor drop from underneath me, I"m doing ok. I"m 27 weeks, getting kicked all the time, normal aches and pains, and trying to not stress about my job stuff.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#11 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
Then I have a midwife visit and my iron levels are too low at the moment for a home birth and I am measuring 4-5 weeks ahead....sigh.

Not to mention I am exhausted this morning and wanted nothing more then to crawl back into bed and stay there all day.
I was so surprised when I started taking chlorophyll that these feelings of exhaustion and lack of motivation for anything went completely away! I'm sure it's linked to your iron levels being low, so get on a supplement and I bet you'll feel better fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
My A/C is out

Earlier today I had to go back to work, and I absolutely do not want to be there. Everyone there is getting on my nerves.
We don't have AC at our house, but it's really well insulated so stays pretty cool until about 5/6 in the evening when it starts equalizing with the temp outside. There's about an hour or two where it's too hot outside to open the windows but it's getting unbearable inside before it cools down enough that we open them all up for the night. I hear ya though, being pg and too hot sucks!!!

And I so hear ya on not wanting to be at work. Maybe it's a settling in to welcome baby soon thing, but I just do not want to deal with work drama right now AT ALL. My patience is zero, poor co-workers and clients!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
So, I learned how to drive a stick this weekend, huzzah!
I love driving sticks! I've never owned an automatic and whenever I drive one it just feels funny. I love having more control over the engine when I need it and it just makes the whole experience more fun I think. Congrats!! Nowadays not everyone knows how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
It's supposed to help with the restless leg issues I've been having at night as well so I'm ready to go get some immediately lol.
Hmm, I've been having a bit of the restless leg stuff the past couple nights, but I've also slacked on my pg tea drinking. It's got lots of ca/mag in it, so I've got to get back to a quart a day!! It's so annoying isn't it, trying to sleep and having your leg jerk over and over just when you're on the verge of falling asleep?! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
AAM: Well, for some reason, that I can't get him to share, DH is not speaking to me.
That totally sucks, Tara! I wonder if it was a topic at class that upset him/bothered him? Was he normal before hand? Gosh I wish guys would just understand that TALKING about whatever is bothering them is the better option than just shutting down. How does that help anything?!?! Anyways, I hope that he figures himself out enough to be able to let you in on what's bothering him. again!

AAM : Gearing up for a test on Thursday and then we're leaving immediately for Healdsburg! I'm so excited!! And Dh got invited to help this world famous sculptor erect his sculpture in San Francisco on Saturday, so he's totally jazzed to be doing that. He's worked with him before and the guy was willing to pay Dh's way down from Oregon b/c he trusts Dh, but since we'll already be down that way it just works out perfect. Dh got a total ego boost out of the deal, that's for sure!

I got to spend all last weekend with our friends and their 3 month old, who I doula'd for at his birth, and he's so precious! And he loves me! His mom started to be like, "He never smiles that much at ME! Can *I* get a smile?!?" kind of joking, but seriously, the kid just wanted to stare and smile at me the whole time. My back-up doula thinks that babies just know when women are pg and I have to say, since getting pg I've been a total baby magnet. She's also slowly gifting his clothes that he's growing out of that aren't too boyish, which I really appreciate.

Hope everyone has a good week! I need to get off the computer and get studying!!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#12 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 01:34 PM

Cross posted with you Yvonne!! Sorry to hear about your job, hope everything works out ok!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#13 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Oooh Baby_Cakes, I LOVE Minis. I'm so jealous! I hope you get the AC fixed soon. Congrats on learning to drive a stick. I remember my dad trying (one time) to teach me when I was a teenager: FAIL!!!

Changed: Thanks SO much for that link about watermelon. I just happen to have one in the kitchen, so I sliced it up and had some for a snack after reading that - delicious. Hope it cools down where you're at soon. The heat probably zapped your appetite. I noticed my kitties aren't eating as much as they usually do now that it's so hot in here.

TaraRae: The HI is 105 here, too. We're supposed to get thunderstorms later today that may cool things down some. Hope it cools down there too. I have been visiting the in-laws a lot lately while the AC has been down. Also I've been visiting malls, movie theaters, restaurants, any public place with air conditioning.

I hope your DH opens up soon so you can get whatever is bothering him resolved.

mommysaurus: I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I'm hoping things work out for the best for you. This could be the beginning of a better situation for you in the end.

Got less than fantastic news from the A/C repairman. He has to order a part, which could arrive tomorrow or as late as Thursday (supposedly). I was so hoping it would be fixed today.

Right now I'm sitting by a screen door and a fan, with my feet submerged in ice water. Not bad, but I have to get back into my work clothes and go back to the office. I really don't want to go back there, BUT at least it's air conditioned!
#14 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 PM

I'm so jealous of all you ladies who have 8 or less weeks of work! I'm not due until the very end of Oct, so we're planning on me working through Sept. Ugh- and everyone is driving me crazy here too! I'm so ready to be done. 11 more weeks for me...

Crosscat- Sorry to hear your air is out. Its been killer heat here. I almost passed out from it. (See other post for details on that.)

As for me, not much is new here. My next appointment isn't until next week, but I'm looking forward to seeing how much the baby has grown.

My mom hasn't told my SIL that she is throwing us a baby shower because she is afraid that SIL will be hurt she didn't throw one for when my neice was born. But it was SILs 2nd baby and my step-neice is just like part of our family, so we didn't even think about it. We all gave gifts when the baby was born, but that was just because we wanted to- no special shower. But I know that SIL would be hurt if she wasn't made aware of it and found out through other family. Not to mention the selifsh part of me says, Its our baby, our shower and I shouldn't have to keep it a secret! My mom is so sweet and the LEAST confrontational person alive and just doesn't want anyone to be upset by something she does or didn't do. But we are very close to my Brother and SIL so it would be very weird not to talk to them about it. Plus I think that my Dh already mentioned it to my bro. *sigh* Sorry for the vent- I just feel like my feelings are being totally disregarded for someone else's when its supposed to be a special celebration for our baby...

I know my mom will tell SIL eventually, but I'm going to have to call her tonight and make sure its soon- not right before the shower Ok, vent over.

Now this has gotten very long and whiny- so I'll end it here.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#15 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 02:17 PM

: I ENTERED MY 3RD TRIMESTER TODAY!! GO 27 WEEKS!! :

Yeah, so now I'm even MORE anxious for my baby girl to get here than I was before. Ugh! The end of October is NOT coming soon enough! My doula is at a loss for what to do at our meetings, lol. I started meeting with her WAY earlier than most people hire them apparently so she's running out of stuff for us to talk about! Not to mention she says I've done too much research so it's hard to find stuff I haven't looked at already, lol. I'm gonna get my little man out of the house the next meeting and just focus on relaxation and whatnot. Plus hubby needs to learn how to do al that stuff anyways... We're supposed to start "practicing" at night here soon.

I'm so tired and can't seem to get comfy at night anymore. I think the couch is about to become my best friend. I always go to bed on it when my back is killing me and it is indeed starting to do that more and more these days.

Crosscat- so sorry to hear about your AC. I'd go nuts if I didn't have mine! I've been having hotflashes (dang hormones) and have been freezing my husband out bc I turn it down so low, lol.

Oh and thanks Changed... I want watermelon now, lol.

Well, off to make my little boy some lunch! Have a great week ladies!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#16 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 02:32 PM

I just found this site, yay! I'm 27 weeks, and it's not nearly soon enough. I've got to put in for my maternity leave soon! ACK! Talk about time being disobliging. Too fast for some things, not nearly fast enough for others. So I'm having a boy, Malcolm. Named for totall hottie space-pirate Malcolm Reynolds. His middle name is David, which was my father's name, and even though I'm no fan of family names, it's easier than listening to my grandmother whine about it. AND she's my maternal grandmother no less. We're trying for Vbac, even though my MIL keeps telling me I probably won't be able to. All that stress from the fact that my ex was an idiot and my doc was a jerk not withstanding. ANyhow, everything's peachy. Other than I have to take the three hour GTT. Boo! So happy to be here!

:Pagan Mom to Danny and Mal , Wife to Charles Pet Parent to kitty Paige.
#17 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM

Welcome, MommaFox! I love the name Malcolm. Very cute!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#18 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaFox View Post
I just found this site, yay! So happy to be here!
WELCOME!!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#19 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 02:53 PM

Hi MommaFox!
#20 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 04:14 PM

Welcome! Have some watermelon.

I just went and bought the BEST, crispy sweet seedless watermelon. I've eaten 1 this week already. Picked up an iced latte and some new tennis shoes (along with other fun stuff like school supplies and pore refiner ). The kids are playing nicely, the dog is NOT annoying me right this second and my phone finally stopped ringing. Life if good!

Oh hell, here comes someone crying.
#21 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

welcome mamafox!! glad to have you here!!
#22 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 05:54 PM

Wow - everyone's been busy today!

myrmom I'm so sorry about your iron levels, but I have to say... there is NOTHING wrong with a PJ day. Enjoy them while you can!

crosscat Ugh, I can't imagine no A/C. And while pregnant? You'd think those repair services would be out within the hour!

Baby_Cakes Congrats! I hope your new 'baby' gets the A/C fixed soon so you can go cruisin' to your heart's content. There are times I still take DH's car out because I miss driving stick-shift. Mom-mobiles do not have manual transmissions.

Changed Thanks. Now I want watermelon.

Faerieshadow Sounds great! How much of the Ca/Mg supplement did your MW recommend? It's on my list of things to ask at my next appointment, but it's in two weeks, and I'm also getting annoying BH at work. Baby girl does NOT appreciate it when I have to sit at my desk for the majority of the day!

TaraRae82 ***HUGS*** for you. I hope you and your DH are able to talk at some point today and clear the air. This is not the time to be shutting you out.

mommysaurus That is not cool. Sorry about the job and having to worry about things at this point in pg. I hope something fabulous pops up for you.

Amber Lion What a sweet story with your friends' DS. Baby smiles are the best.

LoveLife Hopefully your mom has that conversation soon - I agree, it's not fair to you and you should feel like you're being celebrated.

NDFanatik I hear you on the comfort level! Sleeping is getting more and more difficult.

MommaFox Welcome!!

WHEW! That was a lot to get through!

AAM: It's been a rough start to the week. I really, really wanted to get some cleaning/organizing done this weekend, and I REALLY over-did it. My lower back and pelvis are simply not happy campers right now. DH has been sleeping either in DS's room or on the couch, because I have somehow managed to completely take over our king-sized bed. I don't know how I toss and turn as much as I do, but getting out of bed in the morning is interesting - I'm all tangled in blankets and pillows! It's not helping the achiness at all.

Other than that, I'm just trying to take it easy. Baby girl is movin' and groovin' at a definite schedule now, so I'm enjoying that. DH is doing a ton around the house and trying to take as much off my plate as he can. SUCH a huge improvement from my pregnancy with DS - he complained about everything! Ugh, speaking of DS, he's having a meltdown, so off to calm him...
#23 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM

Holy cow! I already read this thread today and I feel like I'm already behind!

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. He seems better now. I've been talking to him via text since he's at work and phone calls are difficult.

Welcome MamaFox! We're happy to have you! GL at your GTT. No fun. I'm sure it'll go just fine.

On a funnier note from me, I noticed today that sitting with my leg crossed (as if I were in a dress) is getting difficult...I totally didn't notice it before today! What changed in a day!? I was so excited up until this point because I could still sit pretty much anyway I wanted to. So much for that! Sheesh.

I heard back from my OB's office re: ultrasound. The nurse said my OB wanted me to have an u/s at 28wks because I'm declining the 28wk Rhogam. I told her I wasn't keen on that idea and it made me uncomfortable that the OB or CNM hadn't mentioned this at either of our last 2 appts when we discussed in depth our decision to decline Rhogam until the birth (when we can get blood typing from Hufflette). So, after getting very upset (not that it takes much these days), I told her I wanted to decline the u/s and gave her my reasons......not terribly accurate for much, don't like the repeated exposure to Hufflette. I also told her I felt as though I wasn't being given a choice. She said I do have a choice; I could accept the Rhogam. UGH. She then said I can always go against medical advice and she'd talk to my doc about me not wanting the u/s but she was pretty sure she'd still want me to have it. Anyway, fast forward a few hours, my doc called me. She was very nice as always and definitely justified in her concerns for me. We talked a lot. She said the u/s could show any swelling in the baby which would mean the antibodies had already been produced and the chances of a still born would be higher. She also said however, that it'd have to be pretty bad for it to show up on an u/s or it may not show at all. To me, that just doesn't sound like a good reason to do an u/s....it may or may not show IF something were wrong. So, I told her that DH and I had already discussed this and he agreed with me that Rhogam at 28wks or an u/s at 28wks wasn't what we considered best for our baby. I told her that I appreciated her taking the time to call me and willingness to discuss this with me along with an appreciation for her concern but we were going to stick with declining both at this time. I told her we'd be more than happy to sign a form for her if she wanted stating we understood the risks and were making a well-informed decision. She said ok and she would see us at our next appt. She didn't sound like she agreed with us of course but she did sound as though she respected our decision and our ability to advocate for ourselves. I'm so happy that DH is finally coming to see things the way I am re: medical care and pregnancy! Sorry that got so long! They were pretty long conversations and that's even the watered-down version!
#24 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Ugh. That sounds complicated and uncomfortable. I'm sorry. Hopefully things won't feel that way next time you go in. I think you made the right choice.
#25 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 PM

^Thank you, that actually means a lot coming from another mama. I think we made the right choice too after researching it more. Everything I've read says that u/s's done at 20wks are the most accurate and the chance of something going wrong in a healthy mom who declines Rhogam is only about 2%. There were no signs or symptoms of issues at our 20wk u/s. I'm so proud of myself for advocating....it's a lot harder to do than I thought it'd be. It's so hard when the medical field tries scare tactics. I'm also thankful I have an OB who's actually willing to listen to my reasoning and respect our decisions as parents.
#26 of 71 Old 07-22-2008, 09:38 PM

Tara, for what it's worth, I'm proud of you too. I don't know if I would be able to do that, and I know it was hard for you. You know your body and your baby the best, I think you made the best decision too.

AAM - I got the dress I ordered from the Gap today for my baby shower, but it's no good. Back to the drawing board! I'm disappointed b/c the picture looked so cute, but the doofy bow just didn't work out right and the size large was too big. I'm going to send it back and look for something else. My shower is in just 3 weeks so I gotta find something SOON.

Sorry to everyone I missed!!! I wish I could keep up and multi quote everybody!!!

#27 of 71 Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaFox View Post
. So I'm having a boy, Malcolm. Named for totall hottie space-pirate Malcolm Reynolds. His middle name is David, which was my father's name, and even though I'm no fan of family names, it's easier than listening to my grandmother whine about it.
Firefly/Serenity fan here! : Love the name you picked!! Capn Tightpants all the way. Did you see the Dr. Horrible sing a long? I was out of town visiting my mom who just has crap dial up so I only saw the 1st episode.

I just spent 4 days with my parents. No naps, didn't get to bed til midnight or later, woke around 7 or 8 every day....whew, I am ridiculously exhausted. Baby didn't really like flying anymore than I do-he went nuts when we were landing!
I had a lot of fun though, and my mom is making some quilts for him, so I helped picked out fabric and stuff which was neat. I really missed Drew though, so I'm happy to be home.

Got my glucose test next Monday, and I'll be in my 3rd trimester then too, so yay!! It still doesn't feel real to me that I have a baby on the way!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#28 of 71 Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM

Update on DH not speaking to me:
We got it all ironed out. I was totally in the wrong and didn't even know it. Long story short, I made some comments at our Bradley class when we introduced ourselves that I meant to be lighthearded, picking-fun and instead it came out as not talking about DH as though he's very special. He said he felt really tiny. I apologized and we went on to discuss that the things I said were actually how I felt (ex. we're at Bradley classes because I want to be here and I'm hoping to convert DH to the crunchy side of life). It was a long talk and it was very productive. There was apparently some breakdown in communication regarding the labor and birth on both our parts but we got it all figured out and I think we both feel better. I know I feel more confident in his ability to coach me and support/advocate for me.
#29 of 71 Old 07-23-2008, 01:38 PM

I'm glad you got it worked out.
#30 of 71 Old 07-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I told her that I appreciated her taking the time to call me and willingness to discuss this with me along with an appreciation for her concern but we were going to stick with declining both at this time. I told her we'd be more than happy to sign a form for her if she wanted stating we understood the risks and were making a well-informed decision. She said ok and she would see us at our next appt. She didn't sound like she agreed with us of course but she did sound as though she respected our decision and our ability to advocate for ourselves.
Holy Cow! Good for you, Tara! This isn't something I've had to worry much about, so when I read your post, I wanted to find some info on it. The two sites I found have scary info about accepting Rhogam. I'm proud of you - I can't say for certain that the calm doctor thing wouldn't have railroaded my choice...it's awesome you stuck to your guns.

Here are those two sites:
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/rhogam.html
http://www.vaccinetruth.org/rhogam.htm

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page