Weekly Chat thread July 28-August 4th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2008, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't been very active on the thread this week because it's just been soooo busy at work (and it will continue to be busy for a few more weeks). I have been reading it daily, however, and following everyone's posts here with interest!

Birthday wishes to the mamas with birthdays this week, heidirk and Amber_Lion, right?

Nothing interesting to report here. As I mentioned before, I'm working a lot - twelve long hours on Friday, even. Looking forward to getting through the next two weeks at work, then I'll be almost finished there for good.

I managed to finish sewing some curtains for the nursery yesterday. That's a good feeling! The nursery is slowly but surely coming together.

I'll be thirty weeks tomorrow and I'm feeling great. I started Floradix this week for slight anemia, but honestly I wouldn't have known I was anemic had they not told me so. So, then, I'm hoping to feel even better once the Floradix takes effect.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend, and a good week to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 01:38 AM

Just had to share: I made the most yummy french bread and now rye bread in the breadmaker Tomorrow when the grapes I am dehydrating into raisins are done, I will be making cinnamon raisin bread

I am a breadmaking maniac

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:53 PM

Happy late birthday Heidirk! :

I finally made an appt to meet and interview a ped. Aug 15 at 8:30am. Hopefully I can find a sub for my class that morning or I'll have to r/s. I also scheduled our tour of the hospital which I'm nervous and excited about. I hope it will ease my fears about being in a hospital for something so natural as birth.

My next OB appt is Friday and I'm a little nervous. It seems everytime I go, there's something that I have to decline (last time was another u/s and GTT) and thus explain my views and research on. It just makes for a somewhat stressful meeting even though my OB is actually really good about listening to me and respecting my informed decisions. Thank goodness DH is on board with most of my crunchy-ness now! He can help me advocate. I'm nervously awaiting the appt where she wants to check for GBS. I have a hard time explaining my reasoning for declining that.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I'm nervously awaiting the appt where she wants to check for GBS. I have a hard time explaining my reasoning for declining that.
One good reason is that just b/c GBS isn't present when they test doesn't mean GBS won't show up at the end of pregnancy. And if it is there now doesn't mean it will be there at the end of the pregnancy. Also, during labor there are symptoms that would lead you to believe you were colonized with GBS...for instance a fever. Then you could accept abx at that time.

I'm declining the test and if I have a fever during labor then I will do the abx.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 PM

WOOT WOOT!! Passed my GTT!!! I'm slightly anemic, but oh well! I don't have GD!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:57 PM

Thank you janasmama....that is exacly my reasoning but you explained it so well!

That's great Amy Lynn!! Congrats! Anemia is pretty easy to take care of but it's wonderful that your GTT turned out so well.

My beads came today! Thanks to all you ladies. I haven't been having one of my stronger days as it relates to the birth process and your beads immediately changed my feelings and gave me power! Each is beautiful and the notes are so warm!
Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the B-day greetings everyone!

I am in pain! I walked to the park today, pushing DS in the stroller, and back home when we were done. I felt GREAT until about half way home, when I started getting twinges behind my pubic bone! By the time I was home, all I wanted to do was lie down (which I of course did not do). I didn't really think I'd overdone it! My pubic bone and my tendons on the inside of my legs burn. . .

I want an ibuprophen

Otherwise everything is fine, no ctrx or anything.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt

User Tag List