Weekly Chat thread July 28-August 4th - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since no one else started it....: We're heading into August!!!!!!
#2 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

I just realized that my last baby was born 6 weeks from where I am now. He was 6 pounds 6 ounces and never left my arms. OMG. Some of us could be having babies in 6 weeks!
#3 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 PM

HA!!! You're just ahead of me Changed! I'll go C&P my update from the one I started....

I finally called the chiro that was recommended to me by the one I worked for in college. She's much more affordable than I could've imagined! Without insurance it's only $50 for the initial and $35 for each after that. YAY! I go on Wed at 2:45 and I'm SO excited to finally get spinal care again! I sure hope she can help this SI pain. Any other relief would just be icing on the cake! I certainly cannot go another 12wks feeling the way I do now. It's odd though...I feel great when I'm teaching classes (like step) and simple things like walking, standing up, and rolling over are SO painful. Anyone know why something so strenuous as high impact aerobics feels totally great and little things hurt? It's annoying and really frusterating!
#4 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 01:00 PM

I am hoping to hold off for AT LEAST 6 weeks (would put me at 37 weeks exactly) but really want 10 more weeks

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#5 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 01:09 PM

OMG. August?!? Yay! I'm so excited!

I'm 30 weeks, ladies! Yay!

I'm definitely feeling uncomfortable and I was saying last night to Chris how I can't wait to have this baby. He said I'm not allowed to say that out loud for at least 7 more weeks! I know I shouldn't even be really *thinking* it but I'm just so ready for the next phase. I feel like I've been pregnant forever. I love it but at the same time I'm ready for the next step!

I guess there's not too much new to report with me. I started driving my Mini! That's the most thrilling thing going on right now. I LOVE my car, it is SO FABULOUS!

:

Hope everyone has a great Monday and a great rest of the week. My thoughts are definitely still with Celeste - I know you can make it through this week (and the next, and the next!) to get those kiddos to at least 34 weeks! Maryann - also thinking of you and your baby, I know this is a tough time but we are all here for you.

TTFN!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 01:10 PM

YAY!!! This is going to be a fun week!

My son's 2nd birthday is on Friday He's growing up way too fast.

Both he and I have a doctor appt that day... Mine is at 9:15 am with my OB. I do the dreaded GTT *cross your fingers for me* and it's also the beginning of my 2 week appts. BOO!! My son's is his 2 year checkup at 1:15, so no biggie. I just hope he doesn't have any shots to get...

We're having his birthday party the next day on Sat. I hope it goes well and he likes his presents. I gotta make the cake and decorate it. I have all of his presents wrapped and ready to go though. Just gotta get the food and all is good! I hope most of the people we invited can make it.

That's about it for me... I'll update with what my OB says at the appt!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#7 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 PM

Good luck at your appts Amy Lynn! I hope your GTT goes smoothly and all is well and I hope your son doesn't have any vax to get either! No fun!
#8 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 PM

Wow...August...where is the time going? I'm kind of hoping the next month flies by though because I dropped DH off at his ship this morning and he won't be back until the last day in August. So it's a very pregnant me with a 2 1/2 year old, a 16 month old and an 80 lb dog! YIKES! Good thing my kids go to bed at 6:30 pm so I can have a little me time or I would go crazy!

I'm going to call the Doctor this afternoon to see if I can get the results of my MRI so I will keep you all updated.
#9 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm SO excited!!!! I finally found a good chiro I can actually afford to see as needed! I don't know why I didn't think to ask my doula but I happened upon a recommendation from her on a local board and called. They said they give her referrals a free consult + the first two adjustments for FREE and then only 25$ per visit after that!!!!! I swear the longer I know her the more blessings come to me just from knowing her. And they're way closer to my house than the others I'd heard about! So I'm going for my first appointment before my OB appointment on Thursday. Woohoo!
#10 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 02:11 PM

Yay, Tara and Changed, for finding chiros! I'm so happy for you both! May you both find relief and comfort after just one visit! I'd be lost w/o mine, so I know how valuable finding these chiros is for you guys.

Amy Lynn, GL with the GTT! I'm sure you'll pass!

Orion - DEFINITELY keep us updated with the MRI results. I hope August flies by for you (and for me too)!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#11 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 02:13 PM

I have a chiro I love and went to with both boys...but she is sooo far away and I don't drive so it's such a PITA to get to....sigh...

I can't believe babies will be coming in 6 weeks that is far to crazy for me to wrap my head around as I still have 12 weeks until my edd and my babes don't come early.

I am having a good day....both boys slept well last night and I slept from basically 10:30 till 8 this morning with the hourly pee break....and then got to stay in bed till 9 as my boys wanted cuddle time!! Now they are both playing extreamly well today. I am sooo glad cuz dh wont be home till 8 tonight....at least i wont be too exhausted!!
#12 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Wow - seems like chiros can be really affordable. Luckily I don't have a need for one right now, but if/when I do, I won't hesitate now that I know it doesn't cost a fortune. Best of luck with your chiros for those of you experiencing discomfort!

Happy Bday to ND's lo. I'm sure the party will be great. Good luck with your GTT, too!

Things are getting hectic and frustrating at work, but I only have about a month left until I go home for good. Yay!

After work today, we'll be picking up nursery furniture (crib and dresser)! I'm pretty excited about that. The nursery still needs a lot of work, however. We're making progress though.

29 weeks today and feeling pretty darn good! Hope everyone has a great week. Celeste and Maryann, you're both in my thoughts. Everyone take care!
#13 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 02:55 PM

Wow- where has the month gone!

I can't believe that some people on here will be having babies in 6 weeks. That's just so crazy! I'm not due until the end of October, so it will probably be quite a while for me.

I'm 27 weeks today! I can't wait until next week when I can say 3rd trimester. I know some people counted 27 weeks, but for some reason it just didn't feel right to me. So 28 weeks will be my 3rd tri. LOL.

My ILs were here this weekend. It was a nice visit, although very tiring. And today I have to go home and clean the house... Ugh. But we ordered our nursery furniture- which was very exciting!

My job is driving me crazy. I wish it could be over now, but I have another 9 weeks until I plan on leaving. That seems so far away when I hear about people possibly having babies in 6 weeks!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#14 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Wow - seems like chiros can be really affordable. Luckily I don't have a need for one right now, but if/when I do, I won't hesitate now that I know it doesn't cost a fortune. Best of luck with your chiros for those of you experiencing discomfort!!
Mine's even cheaper - I have a $15 copay and that's it. I only go once a week too!

Anyone else have an appetite one day and then nothing the next? So seems to be the case with me. This weekend I made a massive lot of seitan and had pepper steak sandwiches and buffalo wings up the wazoo, but after Saturday, all I've been able to eat is like, big bowls of fruit. Strawberries, in particular. I can't figure out what to do with no appetite! It's almost worse than having a hardcore craving that you can't fulfill.

#15 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 03:01 PM

29 weeks yesterday. Insane! This pregnancy has gone at WARP SPEED!

We finally got DD a dresser this weekend, so I can "re-claim" the changing table/dresser/cabinet combo for the new baby. I still need to pull baby clothes out and sort/wash/figure out what I need for an October baby vs a June baby And I have a big stack of PFs I need to prep. I need to figure out if I'm going to keep them all. Somehow I ended up with 4 dozen. I may actually trim some to the GMD "newborn" size, but that would mean hauling out my serger and figuring out how to thread it. . .

I'm starting to feel . . . just big. My belly seems to have popped out again, because I keep bumping it into things . And I have to pee all night long. And our 3 yr old keeps climbing into bed with us. And DH snores (which he does all the time, but with bladder and 3 yr old waking me up, it bugs me more than usual). No wonder I'm so tired in the daytime.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#16 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 03:06 PM

Hi Everyone!!! I'm trying to catch up from the weekend as I didn't have internet access the whole time, but I'm at work with a really slow connection.

So... we went to Healdsburg and visited with my family! : That part was awesome and also bitter sweet, I miss them so much and realized that my pregnancy would have been/be so different if I lived close to them still. They are super supportive and I definitely haven't had much support; my Dh is gone most of the week and I've very few IRL friends that live around here (we've only been here a year). So I got a little weepy when it was time to say goodbye.

Physically, the trip was REALLY hard. It started out bad b/c I'd had an incredibly busy day on Thursday without enough time to eat properly and then we drove the 6 hours that night. By the time we got there my ankles were so swollen I could barely bend them and they really hurt. They hadn't gone down all the way by the next morning either, so I spent a lot of time trying to sit with my feet up. It was also really hot, so I think I was dehydrated the whole time, even though I was drinking SO much water. I was having a lot of contractions and sleeping on a pull out couch made my back just ACHE - I also think all the sitting reclined with my feet up had the babe really pushing on my back during the contractions too.

Anyways, that was my first experience of being really uncomfortable and a little worried b/c I knew I needed to do *something* (more protein? more water? etc.) to help the situation. Just brought it home that I've entered my third trimester and am PREGNANT and need to be adjusting my activity levels accordingly. I can't just run around all day without taking care of myself, even if I am distracted by being on vacation with my family.

On the better side, I've learned how to knit and am half way through my first wool soaker!!! It is so much fun and very satisfying to see the rows grow into a diaper cover that my babe will wear. My Mom, whose been knitting for 50 years (!), finished an entire cover in one day! Phew, she's fast. I also got to spend a lot of time swimming in the river and watching the wildlife (Osprey, King Fishers, Egrets, and lots and lots of minnows).

Anyways, sorry that got long! When I get home I'll upload some pics for fun. I can't believe August is almost here! I put in my month's notice at work AND it's my B-day this Sunady.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#17 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
it's my B-day this Sunady.
It's early, but I'll probably forget later on...

:

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#18 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM

Guess it's my turn!! Well I've been off work for a week and well I'm finding things to do around here. Kids are happy to have me home. I will be working with my friend at her daycare, but I think I'll start in Sept. that gives me a whole month off! I can get the kids ready for back to school (they go back Sept. 2nd). I"m also going to concentrate on getting things ready for baby.
My mom sent out a box and it arrived today...full of new baby clothes, baby towels, washclothes, blankets....I think she's excited!! I"m going to start washing baby stuff and just getting things in their place.
I'm 28 weeks yesterday. I had a bad Saturday, I think I was dehydrated, but I was soooooooooooooo uncomfortable, nothing helped! I was having a hard time catching my breath, which I remember happening later in my pg's! Anyway I finally told baby he had to move down a little so I could breathe. I went to bed and woke up the next day feeling pretty good. I could breathe again! I have my next prenatal next monday, so we'll see how that goes. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#19 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM

I am so sorry I don't keep up with this thread 100%, with my LO running around bitting my ankles (literally!) it's very hard. But I do read it. I am so excaited that a bunch of us are cresting the 30 week mark. Man it's time to get down to bussiness!

A mom I know from Family for Concious Living who is also do in Oct had her baby last week at 25 weeks. It was a huge shock for me. He is in the NICU, but has crested 2#'s which is huge at that age, so I am praying for him a lot as well as her.

And just today as I said in the diaper thread a mom in our group gave me a huge tote of NB things, including dipes and clothes. Between what I saved from my DD, and that I now have everything I need. I feel so blessed.

This weekend I went through ALL of the stuff I saved from my DD as well as stuff I have been picking up at swaps, and have been given by friends, and I organized! I have stuff to cloth this kid till it's 18mo, if it's a girl that is!! If it's a boy after 3-6 we are gonna have to do some serious shopping and purging! I labeled everything with masking tape and a marker, including my DD's dresser because I am so tired of my DH not being to find things or asking me in frustration. Of course I forgot the sharpie on top of the dresser. My DD got ahold of it and "helped" me liberally by writing all over the dresser with sharpie. *sigh*
#20 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 PM

I too am trying to figure out what I need for an October vs a June baby! DS was born in june, and as we don't have AC, his wardrobe consisted mainly of onesies, and flannel swaddling cloths for going out!

I'm crocheting this fabulous little suit, in very soft grey yarn. I have two legs almost done, and now I have to figure out how to attatch them to the body!!

30 weeks today!

I have needed to drink Gatorade in small quantities to help with all the sweating/ water drinking I've been doing. It helps big time.

I actually had someone ask if I'm carrying twins! I KNOW I'm not that big yet. I will be, though!

I got6 to visit with my family this weekend too. My sister and her husband flew in from Texas this past Saturday, and my mom and dad are up, so we had a get together, and I'm already missing them. My sister never got to se what I looked like pregnant with DS, so this was fun for us. The LO kicked her hand quite nicely while she was feeling my tummy!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#21 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I still need to pull baby clothes out and sort/wash/figure out what I need for an October baby vs a June baby
I need to do this as well since my boys were April and July.

I also need to go through them becasue I knew both of my kids were boys before hand and I think alot of it is very very boyish. This time we don't know so I would like to seperate the gender neutral stuff from the overly boy stuff.
#22 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM

August already? It seems like just a couple of weeks ago that I hit the second trimester, and now it's almost the third! Time is just flying.

I'm getting very, very uncomfortable at work. It didn't help that I came into work this morning and someone had TAKEN MY CHAIR! Seriously, who takes other people's chairs? Not to mention, it had my name plastered on the back of it. I was so irritated, it's one of those comfy ergonomic chairs that, unfortunately, takes about two weeks to get all adjusted properly. Mine was all set up and comfy and I had no problems. I came home tonight with a monster headache and a very sore lower back and pelvis. I could hardly move. Plus, I'm starting to get some lovely edema from sitting at a desk all day. Blech.

On the happier side of things, I've almost gotten all the clothes we'll need for at least the first 3-6 months! I've been slowly collecting things, and it looks like I just need a few more sleepers in 0-3 month size and then I'll be set. I think I still need to get some more dipes - since we didn't CD DS, I'm not too sure on my stash - but clothing looks good. I love being able to cross things off my list. I just might actually get it all done!

Off to have some hot tea and get to bed early. I'm just so exhausted lately!
#23 of 127 Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 PM

Hey Ladies! I always get so distracted reading these threads I rarely participate! So I will today

I am currently 27 weeks 5 days and can't believe I am almost in my third trimester! I just hope these last 3 months go by relatively quickly! I've been having tons of BH's and was really crampy today, but they have sort of gone away. I never had this with my daughter so it is making me a bit nervous. I also can't help but think and worry about getting Pre ecclampsia again I had DD at 35 weeks, she was 4lbs 14 oz, and was great, but I do not want to do that again!

We are moving in 5 days and I am so stressed! I still feel like I have the whole house to pack! Mainly it is all the little akward stuff that needs to be done, but it just seems like so much! I can't wait until we get settled into our new place!!

I am however very grateful that we were able to find out we were having a boy, because now I know what I need to do to get ready for this little guy. I just feel so unprepared this time around. With my DD her nursery was all done, all her clothing washed and more! This time I have one boys newborn onesie, that is all! Thank goodness we have all of the big stuff; crib, pnp, breastpump, boppy, bfpillow, swing and a few other things. We just need to make up our mind and figure out if we are going to CD this time around or not and then get a stash going.

I am just a little stressed with EVERYTHING that is going on. I could use some calm down vibes

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#24 of 127 Old 07-29-2008, 01:17 AM

Calm down vibes for Jessica! It's all going to be ok, mama... just take some deep breaths and take things one at a time.

Hi to the rest... and thanks for the thoughts, crosscat and Carrie. I decided I should just try to keep up with this thread so you guys won't think I'm MIA. I have to warn you, though, if you read a daily update from me as opposed to a weekly one, you're more likely to hear me gripe about this situation. I'm trying to keep it light, but man, some days are challenging!

I'm going to try to get some work done tonight, since I'm really late on my last freelance project, but wanted to say hi to all of you lovelies and establish myself on the thread.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#25 of 127 Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 AM

wow! this thread is already sooo big. i can never keep up! lol!

im now 31 weeks. we have decided on the family dr. for baby to visit (they have a naturopath in the office..im so excited about that). I already told them not to expect us for a few weeks and they are cool w/ that and my chiro. is one of the dr's good friends and she knows we dont vax at all so she is very very cool w/ that. I just got one of my friends to change from her completely mainstream dr. to this practice too so it will be cool to have teh same medical care w/ her (so we can coordinate appts. etc. etc...should be fun).

i am just amazed at how time is flying! my dp is turning 40 next month..thank G-d he's catching up to me!! (im the older woman..by 4 months! lol!)...so im trying to plan his bday smash!
#26 of 127 Old 07-29-2008, 02:14 AM

Blimey Celeste, if anyone has a right to complain, it's you and the other mamas who are having a hard time of things right now! We're here to listen, no matter what. Yea for being almost 31 weeks! :

Me, I'm pushing 30 weeks over here. So stoked. And a little freaked that yes, I am legal for my birth center birth in just over 6 weeks. And will be full-term in just over 8. Mind, I'm quite certain that I'll go well over my due-date, so yeah, I'll be here for a bit. Actually, I have a friend getting married on Oct. 26th, so I'm really hoping I give birth on or just a little before my due date of the 9th/10th, so I have a decent chance of making the wedding. Tonight I had a little chat with the freeloader and told him/her Oct. 1st would make a great birthday.

I am so not looking forward to having to try and find a pediatrician. We will vaccinate (please don't kick me out!) so at least that's one less hurdle to clear.

I would like to know what's up with the baby deciding it needs its entire body to be pushing all in one spot. Every so often, my belly gets tight and a little painful on the right side, just next to my belly button. When I push gently on the area, there's an incredibly hard lump there. (Yes, I just called my child a lump. I'm such a good mother-to-be, I know! ) Is it *really* necessary for the critter to do that?? At least it backs off when I massage around that area a bit.
#27 of 127 Old 07-29-2008, 02:34 AM

Chatty Chatty already!

Happy Birthday Amy Lynn!

Celeste, We're okay hearing a little gripe from you, it'll will make me feel better anyhow since I gripe about everyday crap anyways.

I can't believe it's going to be August already. I did get out my cosleeper and it has the perfect height next to our bed.

Both of my children have been sleeping in bed with me so I've been wondering what will happen when the baby comes...so I went and spent $500 on getting my dd a new, big bed and nice quilt comforter, etc. Guess what? Now she just wants me to sleep in her bed. :

What to do...
#28 of 127 Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Tonight I had a little chat with the freeloader and told him/her Oct. 1st would make a great birthday.
It does make a great birthday! It's mine!

I'm so nervous about actually having the baby-not the labor part, but the bringing it home and oh my, we're on our own now part. We don't have family coming to stay and help (which I actually prefer) and we've been trying to read what baby books we can, but I'm just so unsure. I've babysat a lot, even infants, and my husband helped take care of his nephew for a year or so, but that was all years ago.
I just hope we don't mess up too badly.
I need motivation to get baby's diapers done! Obviously the impending birth isn't motivation enough yet lol.
I bought a baby K'tan carrier the other day from a mama on CL, but I didn't read it closely enough and it's camo I hate camo, so now I have to try to sell it or trade it off for something, anything else!

I can't believe it's already August (well ok, in a few more days!)

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#29 of 127 Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Time is sure disobliging. It seems like this pregnancy is going way fast, and that it is also taking way too long. It's way better this time than last time, though. I'm still afraid of pre-eclampsia, so I'm trying to take it easy and eat right. Only 12 weeks (I hope less) left!
Baby shower is comming up, too. So my house is gonna be full of a ton of stuff. Awful hard to keep everything clean and organized when you get a pile of baby stuff, and then the next week is #1 son's birthday, so HE's gettng a ton of stuff, too. Good luck ladies!

:Pagan Mom to Danny and Mal , Wife to Charles Pet Parent to kitty Paige.
#30 of 127 Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
I am so not looking forward to having to try and find a pediatrician. We will vaccinate (please don't kick me out!) so at least that's one less hurdle to clear.

I would like to know what's up with the baby deciding it needs its entire body to be pushing all in one spot. Every so often, my belly gets tight and a little painful on the right side, just next to my belly button. When I push gently on the area, there's an incredibly hard lump there. (Yes, I just called my child a lump. I'm such a good mother-to-be, I know! ) Is it *really* necessary for the critter to do that?? At least it backs off when I massage around that area a bit.
I just had to comment on both things - we're going to selectively vax, so I hope that we don't get kicked out either! I'm DREADING finding a ped though, I just don't want to go through the hassle. Better now then after the baby comes, though. Then it would really be a nightmare.

My baby also does the SAME THING with the balling up in one place! It's so uncomfortable, and I do the same thing. I know I should just leave her be, but I need to poke around a little just to make her move!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaFox View Post
Baby shower is comming up, too. So my house is gonna be full of a ton of stuff. Awful hard to keep everything clean and organized when you get a pile of baby stuff...!
My shower is NEXT WEEKEND. My house is NOT ready for all the stuff! I'm going to have to go berserko on the messes and just gut out the baby's room. I want to do my hypnobabies in there anyway, so I need to have it clean and comfy regardless!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page