~*Weekly Chit Chat Thread Aug 25-31*~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2008, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in such a horribly bad mood today. Last night Demetri had such a bad sleep. He was up practically all night, falling asleep for an hour or so in between getting up for about 20 minutes. I was up practically all night. It was horrible. So today I was incredibly tired, and since Demetri was so restless last night he was crabby all day too, constantly crying, wanting to be held, which is hard for me because carrying him around causes BH after awhile and they are constant. So now I am trying to sleep and Demetri is tired and NO ONE is doing anything to calm him because he is screaming because he is so tired. So I put him for a nap and see how truly disgusting my house is. I do the dishes. Then pick up the dishes that are strewn around the house and the sink is full again while a new wash is in the dishwasher. Then I pick up all the garbage that is strewn around the house. Our two garbage cans are completely full and that I can't carry out because they are way too heavy. Then there are pieces of furniture around here that aren't being "redone" as was intended. I just want to lug all those things out to the garbage too and get rid of all these damn books. We just have too much STUFF and not much space and I just want to cry right now. What the hell is wrong with me.

Then Mark was talking to his mom and I just despise this woman. I just cannot bring myself to like her because she has to have her way. And I guess I have to have my way all the time and there are not two of those around that coincide. She just wants to raise my child and thinks that she knows best and has to be a part of EVERYTHING I do. The woman had the audacity to think that I would allow my 13 month old child to fly to El Paso with DH while he is there for an entire week. She KNOWS that I am nursing him and how incredibly attached to me he is and yet she tried to convince DH to make me let him take Demetri with him. She makes me sick. And it sucks because I like everybody else in his family just his mother whom I cannot stand. I wish I could actually tell DH this (in a nicer way, of course) but he gets so defensive and mean too... I just want to cry.

Sorry this is so long, just a long rant and inquiry and... I dunno just wanting to get it all off my chest.

I hope that everybody has a good rest of the week. On the upside for me, I am 34 1/2 weeks along now. I have 5 1/2 more weeks until my "dream due date" lol.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 11:21 PM

BTW- if anyone is looking TJ max some of the coolest baby things today. Zutano clothes and blankets, JJ Cole urban bundle me things, peg perego strollers and the neatest moses basket sets.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 PM

Changed- Don't worry, I'm sure it was just the change in position! And stress will just make your BP worse!

I had a MW appt today, and I'm only up 1 cm, for the last two weeks, but the baby is mostly head down! : It's kind of laying on my right front abdominal wall, with the top of it's head pointing to my left hip. SO I have officially commanded myself not to worry about that! Ha! She also said that my calcium may be low, or just the baby being so active could be setting off my massive BHX, and it's OK they're stronger being a second PG and all. She did say I'm not allowed to have a baby yet, so call them if I have a reason to be worried.

Janasmama- I know all about toddlers melting down in the doctor's office, ( or the grocery store, or the library. . ) so hugs to you! That must have been completely exhausting! I hope the steriods work the way they should, and with minimal side effects!

Babycakes- so you're back home? Maybe I should just go read your update! Hope you make it another 3 weeks at least!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 PM

Triple07- we have a lot in common I see, especially in the house being full of stuff area!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 08-29-2008, 11:57 PM

Triple, my house has too much stuff in it too.

and your MIL...uh, not so cool woman!

my 2.5 yo has been having difficult nights too and im just sooo exhausted. i just feel sooo soooo sooo exhausted...like all the fraking time lately.

i hate it.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 AM

Just popping in to share post #1000 with you all :

I'm officially a Senior Member. Now I need to think of a title!

Back to your regularly scheduled thread

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
Old 08-30-2008, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Thanks everyone. I have had some minor swelling in my hands and feet the past few days and I guess that just got me feeling more pregnant and worried. I know it's normal and I've been so lucky to avoid it until now.
I have some swelling too...I can't wear one pair of my sandals and flip flops seem to be the most comfortable. I also can't wear my rings and it's been like that for awhile. I've had swelling with all of my pregnancies and they were totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
I am in such a horribly bad mood today. Last night Demetri had such a bad sleep. He was up practically all night, falling asleep for an hour or so in between getting up for about 20 minutes. I was up practically all night.
So sorry about this...I just went through this for the last 2 days/nights and I'm hoping that tonight will be restful. I can't believe your MIL thinks she can take your LO that far away! People are so crazy sometimes....narcissistic is a good word.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:59 AM

My husband is home! : It's 3 am and I'm on the computer because I can't sleep... Just wanted to pop in for a quick update...it's been one heck of a week!

Wednesday morning I woke up about 2 am in extreme pain in my left ribs. I tried to ignore it all day and just suck it up but by mid-afternoon, when my kids were down for a nap, I just broke down and didn't know how I was going to handle getting them up, fed for supper and than to bed all by myself plus I felt that something was wrong. I called my Mom to come to help me which she knew meant that something was wrong because I'm one of those people who just don't normally ask for help (she lives about two hours away but my speed demon of a mother made it here in 1.25 hours and she didn't even pack any closes because she knew how serious it was for me to call her down here) and I called my cousin to come over to watch the kids so I could go to the doctor.

My doctor checked me over and was very nervous about all the symptoms that I was having and she sent me to the hosptial right away to be assessed because she was worried that it was a pulmonary embolism. Long story short, I had a CT Scan, along with numerous others tests and thank goodness it wasn't a blood clot. They don't know what happened but are thinking that somehow I either cracked/bruised a rib or tore my muscles while sleeping. What a scary day though!

I just have to laugh at EVERYTHING that has gone on with this pregancy though. I am a true believer in little intervention and monitoring during pregnancy yet so far this pregnancy I have had numerous ultrasounds, an MRI and now a CT Scan (where, might I add, they injected me with some kind of dye!). I will just be happy if this baby comes out with it's ten fingers and ten toes and doesn't have three eyes!

So yesterday when the kids and I went down to pick up my husband from ship you can imagine the relief and happiness that I felt to have him home after everything this month. I cried when I saw him (Ok..it wasn't so much a cry as it was Oprah Ugly Tears!) and still now when I look at him my eyes well up from happiness. He has been able to stop staring at my belly since he got home...he says that it is so much bigger than when he left (he was gone for over a month so a pregnant woman can do a lot of growing in that time!).

Well, I should get back to bed and try to get a few more zzzzzz's before my monkeys wake up for the day. Have a great week-end everyone!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:32 PM

OMG I'm so glad you're ok! That sounds scary. Enjoy the weekend with your hubby.

Janasmama- It wasn't even enough swelling that I had to take off my rings (but I could move them off and on easily) and my shoes are still loose. It was really just the first inkling of swelling... no room to complain at all. My feet just get SOO HOT it makes me feel like they must be swollen and tired. They're just hot usually.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
babies don't normally shrink, right?
I probably sound nuts but thank you for this thought. It cycled through my head each time I woke up last night and made my more rational side think. Of course... I know he's just fine.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:06 PM

Orionbelt - I hope that everything stays good for you and I know how great it has got to be having your DH back. Mine is leaving for a week this Friday and I am already getting sad

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 PM

I haven't been on here much lately. We were in Michigan the week before school started and I didn't have internet and this week was the first week of classes this semester. I started feeling really tired at my last day of clinicals on Thursday and I was wondering how am I going to do this for the next several weeks pregnant. Well, by the time I got home Thursday night I was nauseated and went straight to bed just to realize I had been getting sick all day and had some stomach virus. I think that is what was wearing on my all day. Needless to say I seen the bathroom doorknob way to much. Thankfully I had phenergren to stop the vomiting and heaving. It is rough having intestinal cramping while pregnant, there just isn't no room and this little guy squirms when my intestines are cramping. The good news is that I am on the mend now and I have tried to stay quarantined and keep everything disinfected so the rest of the kiddos don't get it. I think I got it from my beautiful 2 yr. old niece on Tuesday night when I visited. On the upside I am 35 weeks and hoping to make it to 38. I hope no one else gets the nasty stomach flu while pregnant I would not wish it upon anyone. Thanks for listening to my rant. I am kind of ready to have this little one but am worried about juggling school and clinicals. I figure where there is a will there is a way and I am one stubborn woman.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
Babycakes- so you're back home? Maybe I should just go read your update! Hope you make it another 3 weeks at least!
I've been home - I haven't left my house since coming back from the mw on Thursday at noon - and I'm going insane! Still having contrax but I think they're slowing down and they're nowhere near as painful. Honestly, sitting on my ass all day is doing nothing for my back pain. I've switched to sitting on my birth ball. It's so much easier to get up from it that its my new favorite spot. (And it travels room to room with me, lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
I probably sound nuts but thank you for this thought. It cycled through my head each time I woke up last night and made my more rational side think. Of course... I know he's just fine.
I'm so glad what I said helped! I'm sure he is just fine as well. Now relax.

Orion - nuts about your ribs! OMG, that is insane! And I'm sure your baby will be just fine, despite all the testing you've had done! Don't even worry about it. Not like having extra toes is all that bad, anyway... You must be so happy to have your DH home! Go give him lots of hugs and kisses!!!

AAM - Mysteriously all the crazy nutso swelling I've been having has been completely GONE for the 2 days I've been home relaxing. Can stress cause swelling? B/c let me tell you, not being a work is such a huge freakin' RELIEF. I'm really leaning towards making next Friday my last day. Lousy Untrainable Supervisor can kiss my butt. It's her own fault for taking a week of vacation when I'm still supposed to be training her! Not like she didn't know I could go out early during the month of September right when she planned her Labor Day week down the shore, idiot.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
AAM - Mysteriously all the crazy nutso swelling I've been having has been completely GONE for the 2 days I've been home relaxing. Can stress cause swelling? B/c let me tell you, not being a work is such a huge freakin' RELIEF. I'm really leaning towards making next Friday my last day. Lousy Untrainable Supervisor can kiss my butt. It's her own fault for taking a week of vacation when I'm still supposed to be training her! Not like she didn't know I could go out early during the month of September right when she planned her Labor Day week down the shore, idiot.
Seriously? Do it. If she falls flat on her face, she falls flat on her face. Not your fault - you've done everything you can and more. Right now you have better things to worry about than a person who so shouldn't have been promoted anyway.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:

I totally think you should make next Friday your last day! You have been working so hard and now it is time to focus on you and your little girl!! I took on a very small part time job right when I was around 20 weeks and I can't believe the stress it caused me! I was having tons of contractions and started to have minor swelling, I quit and it all went away, lol! So, I think that stress can affect you more then you think! Enjoy your next couple days home, you won't have this peace and quite for much longer

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
Old 08-30-2008, 04:33 PM

Well not too much going on here anymore, thank goodness! Last night we had a little birthday get together for Lailah's 2nd Birthday! It was nice but way to stressful and I only had my mother, her BF, my sister, Chris' parents and two close family friends, so only 7 people! I wanted to die. I feel like I've been on my feet non stop for the past 4 days.

On Wed and Thursday I had a huge nesting burst hit me, I cleaned the house spotless, deep cleaning and all! I have pic's I'm going to upload later The only think I didn't get to was the garage, but I'm going to wait for DH to help me with that one. Then I almost finished all my small sewing projects. The only things I have left to do are to sew my dd's duvet cover, make my hoot hider and sew up more pp pads.

Now today I am relaxing. My mom helped me clean up after last night, but it isn't perfect yet, lol, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to worry about it. But I do need to get all of my dd's small and outgrown clothing on craigslist.

It is so hard to sit still and not do much. Even when I think about it I think of the hundreds of things I could be doing *sigh*

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 PM

Anyone else just unbearably HOT? I am so uncomfortable! If someone dumped a bucket of ice water on my head right now, I would thank them. I am so serious!

Changed- I'm with you on the hot feet!

I cannot imagine what kind of energy my body must be using right now cookin' this babe, but given the amount of heat I'm throwing off, it must be lots!

Niemals Gewalt

User Tag List