Weekly Chit Chat 8/31 - 9/6 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't lay on my back much anymore else I immediately almost throw up/get bad bad heartburn.
At my physical therapy appt yesterday, I was on my back doing bridge exercises and we had to switch to something else b/c of this.
I am awaiting to go to the airport in an hour to pick up DH.:
He has been up in Seattle for 4 days and I have to admit I have felt super lonely and anxious the whole time.
My belly has grown up into my ribs since he has left town and I find simple things wind me and my heartburn is really bad. The other night I could feel it burning my chest and when I coughed lightly, I threw up projectile style.
I am looking forward to getting a glider this next week so I can rest sitting upright when I feel terrible.
Also, may be buying a wedge pillow from my PT the next sesh- she suggested getting one and after the past two nights, I am starting to think a wedge could be the ticket.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#92 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 12:19 AM

^ I bet a wedge pillow will be awesome. I find myself using my body pillow to prop my back up a bit then I use a regular pillow for in between my legs.

Being on my back doesn't make my heartburn flare up though...usually I just can't breathe well...it's lying on my right side that makes the heartburn roar.

ETA: OrchideZ - I just looked at your ultrasound pics in your sig... He looks like you, especially in the 2nd face pic.... do you think so?
#93 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Have you ever felt like you'd die if you didn't get some lucky charms RIGHT NOW?:
Well not until you just mentioned it. And I've already had too much sugar today...

Thanks alot...Guess what I'll be dreaming about tonight? :

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#94 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
^ I bet a wedge pillow will be awesome. I find myself using my body pillow to prop my back up a bit then I use a regular pillow for in between my legs.

Being on my back doesn't make my heartburn flare up though...usually I just can't breathe well...it's lying on my right side that makes the heartburn roar.

ETA: OrchideZ - I just looked at your ultrasound pics in your sig... He looks like you, especially in the 2nd face pic.... do you think so?
That is exactly what I have been doing- using a body pillow to prop myself up with other pillows btw. my knees and behind my back as I am on my left. The wedge seems like it might simplify and get me higher up.

Do you really think so? That he looks like me? That makes my day. When I am feeling down about heartburn or swollen feet or being out of breath, I look at his pix and it reminds me of why I am doing this all.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#95 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Have you ever felt like you'd die if you didn't get some lucky charms RIGHT NOW?:
No. But I did feel that way about sweet-n-sour chicken the other night when it was waaay too late to go get any.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#96 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM

Changed- Thanks for the sizes, it sounds like the type of bra that doesn't work for me.

Tararae- When I was pg with DS, we had a fitness instructor in our Bradley class. Her labor went something like this-

10:00 pm- 2:00 am contrax every night for a week and 1/2. These were real labor contrax, she figured out later.

Her water broke sometime in the night, and she hit transition almost immediately. By the time they called the doula and got to the hospital, about an hour later, she was CROWNING, and she delivered in triage!

It turns out the cord was wrapped three times around the baby's neck, and it was really short. Her body knew precisely how to orchestrate labor so that her baby would tolerate birth! Had she gone to the hossy early, and been augmented with pit, who knows what might have happened. Stick to your guns, girly, your body knows what it's doing.

AAM- I've really dropped, I mean really! I know I've probably sadi it 12 times already, but it's so neat to see, and it makes me think maybe this BB won't be late after all!

Lucky Charms? Are you kidding me? I'm craving vegetables- and chocolate! :

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#97 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 01:35 PM

^Wow....I'd be ok with true labor ctx that I didn't realize were the real thing! Not so sure about delivering that quickly though....
#98 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Hi everyone. I don't post very much but I just want to say that it has been so great being able to read all of your posts and learn that I'm not alone in all I'm feeling!

So, my big thing that's happening now... I can't talk about labor without getting teary! In my hypnobirthing class I'm always crying at the labor videos - even reading about labor makes me cry!
Its sort of embarrassing.
I just am kind of blown away at how emotional I'm getting -- its not fear or anxiety, just this realization that its such an intense thing and I just cry ALL THE TIME.
Ay yay yay these hormones are something aren't they??

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#99 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozziemama View Post
Hi everyone. I don't post very much but I just want to say that it has been so great being able to read all of your posts and learn that I'm not alone in all I'm feeling!

So, my big thing that's happening now... I can't talk about labor without getting teary! In my hypnobirthing class I'm always crying at the labor videos - even reading about labor makes me cry!
I just am kind of blown away at how emotional I'm getting -- its not fear or anxiety, just this realization that its such an intense thing and I just cry ALL THE TIME.
Ah, that just means you have a heart that is full of joy at what labor can bring.
#100 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM

I had my 36w prenatal today and decided to go ahead and test for GBS. I did the test b/c it's such a simple one and if we did go to the hospital for some reason I didn't want the baby to have to get poked and prodded for unnecessary reasons.

I also haven't gained any weight since my last appt which was 2 weeks ago. I actually weighed .5 pound less. That's good for me since the baby is growing...it must be surviving off of my 'fat' reserve. I have been eating healthy too.

My mw thinks the baby is a boy b/c of the heart rates from the last couple of visits...I've been starting to have a boy vibe also...we'll see though b/c most of the pg I've thought girl.
#101 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 PM

i had to cancel my home visit today and that was a total bummer. today was my deadline for so many things to be done but, alas, they arent done b/c im sick. I am washing diapers now and i cant remember when i washed diapers last..thats...um...not good!

my MW will reschedule for next Monday (when im 37 weeks) or next Friday. DP works at home on Fridays so those are better days for us but man, i dont want to wait until next Friday (37.5 weeks) to get the pool set up, etc. etc. But i hate doing the home visit alone.
#102 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
next Monday (when im 37 weeks)...
OMG- You're about to have a baby! WE'RE about to have babies! That's just...WOW! :
#103 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

For those of you who have homebirthed before, what goes on at a home visit? Mine is on Wednesday, I'm not sure what to expect...

I also just want to shout from the rooftops...

'M FREE FROM WORK!!:

I'm going to just veg out tonight, but I can't wait to start cleaning, nesting, and getting ready for this baby! I agree with Changed, we are ALL having babies soon - how awesome!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#104 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
For those of you who have homebirthed before, what goes on at a home visit? Mine is on Wednesday, I'm not sure what to expect...

I also just want to shout from the rooftops...

'M FREE FROM WORK!!:

I'm going to just veg out tonight, but I can't wait to start cleaning, nesting, and getting ready for this baby! I agree with Changed, we are ALL having babies soon - how awesome!!
Usually it's just the same prenatal visit that you usually have. If you have a place where you are keeping all of your supplies you can show it to the mw's but if you don't have it all organized yet it's not a big deal b/c your DH can show them on the special day.

A home visit is really just so the mw's know where your house is so they aren't calling for directions the day of or if they are driving in the dark. They just want to make sure they can get there in a timely manner.

It is so exciting isn't it...!? That the babies are coming soon. I finished some over-sized receiving blankets with some rainbow variegated thread and then I bought some really beautiful cotton fabric to back some teddy bear minkee. I'll get to that blanket after I finish DS's diapers.
#105 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 PM

Home visit - At our home visit (in 3 weeks!) the midwives will bring us our birth kit/supplies and leave our birth tub, will talk about where things are best set up and how and what other little things we should get, how to sterilize our blankets/sheets, etc. It will really feel real to have home birth supplies and a birth tub in my house! Ack!

AAM: Just got back from my prenatal, everything is good! Baby has grown a bunch and is LOT, which I had guessed from the kung fu kicks out my right side. It was so weird to feel my midwife wiggle my baby's butt and feel the head move down in my rectum/bladder area! I'm measuring exactly at 33 cms. I've got 2 more weeks to try and get my hemoglobin/hematocrit and protein levels up, but I'm doing double doses of floradix and chlorophyll and protein powder daily so it SHOULD work. If it's not going up by then, I'll have to get weekly blood draws. At least they won't risk me out of my homebirth, but weekly blood draws will add up!

I've got my baby shower tomorrow and I'm so excited! My Mom and sister should show up sometime late tonight. My doula is throwing it for me and she's being super secretive about *something*, I can't wait to find out what she's planned! Oh, and someone marked that they bought me 3 hours of lactation counseling off my registry which I am THRILLED about! She'll come in the middle of the night if I need her and she helped my friend out SO much; it's so reassuring to know I'll have that support for getting the bfing relationship off on the right foot. :

Happy weekend everyone!!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#106 of 107 Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 PM

OK, so I think a week is WAAAAAAAY too long for DH to have gone out of town. It has been 12 hours and it TOTALLY sucks. I mean, the house is a LOT cleaner without him here and most of the time when he is here is online of playing video games or something, but I just love having him here to hug and kiss and make me feel... I dunno, safe, I guess. I hope that he is having an awesome time at home with his family but I miss him sooooo much already Ugh slightly less than a week before he will be back home...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#107 of 107 Old 09-06-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
^Wow....I'd be ok with true labor ctx that I didn't realize were the real thing! Not so sure about delivering that quickly though....
She didn't even tear! Try to remember, her body took it's sweet time doing all the things that needed to be done. All things considered, there probably wasn't much left to do by the time her water broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozziemama View Post

riding right along with you on the hormone rollercoaster! Weeee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
OK, so I think a week is WAAAAAAAY too long for DH to have gone out of town. It has been 12 hours and it TOTALLY sucks. I mean, the house is a LOT cleaner without him here and most of the time when he is here is online of playing video games or something, but I just love having him here to hug and kiss and make me feel... I dunno, safe, I guess. I hope that he is having an awesome time at home with his family but I miss him sooooo much already Ugh slightly less than a week before he will be back home...

I miss DH when he's gone for more than 8 hours! I'd be very lonely in your position. . . so s from me! (not that they really count, but oh well!)

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page