My GBS was negative!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^ yay congrats on negative GBS changed! I am still waiting for my results

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#63 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 05:41 PM

Carrie, i totally flaked on teh circ. issue. I also want to make sure that the dr. knows not to retract for any reason and to leave their hands off my son's penises.
#64 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
My GBS was negative!!!!
WOO HOO! : Great!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#65 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM

PW: That was a good list of questions for pediatrician interviews. I'm going on Thursday, so I'm glad to have those topics fresh in my mind.

Changed: Congrats on your negative GBS! Maryann - I hope yours turns out negative, too. I think mine is coming up next week. :

I'm 35w1d now. Still feeling well, but sometimes I really do feel a bit overwhelmed by trying to move this belly around. Most of the time I feel rather perky, though.

The vet couldn't find any medical issues with my kitty other than obesity. She's on a diet now! He seems to think that losing some weight might help with the litterbox issues. I'm glad nothing serious is wrong with her, and hoping for the best re: litter box. We've had very few accidents lately. She seems to behave better when I'm at home.

I've been working on sanding down a mirror frame I want to repaint and put over the dresser in the nursery. It's almost finished.

Other than that I'm trying to catch up on my Hypnobabies home study, because I pretty much blew it off for most of August since I was so busy.

Loving the taste of fall we're getting here in Memphis this week. Hope everyone is having a good day!
#66 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 06:41 PM

I'm feeling incredibly lazy today. I did put away all the baby shower gifts and did a load of laundry, but I have SO MUCH I could be doing instead of reading/knitting/wasting time online. Only thing I *have* to get done is the dishes before Dh gets home... and I've got another 3 hours to do them in. Where's my motivation?!?!? :yawning:

In other news, I just found out a friend of mine is 6 months pregnant!!! I've known she was pg for about a month, but hadn't found out her due date yet, but I guess she was making an understatement when she said, "I've waited a bit to tell people"!!! That's kind of cool though, our LOs will be very close in age and will get to grow up together.

Congrats on a neg. GBS Changed!! I'm still deciding whether or not to get it done at my 36 week appointment.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#67 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Thanks everyone! One less thing to stress about yk? Hope yours is negative too Mary Ann!
#68 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
My GBS was negative!!!!
Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Other than that I'm trying to catch up on my Hypnobabies home study, because I pretty much blew it off for most of August since I was so busy.
I've done the same thing I really should start reading it, I'm sure it would help me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
I'm feeling incredibly lazy today. I did put away all the baby shower gifts and did a load of laundry, but I have SO MUCH I could be doing instead of reading/knitting/wasting time online. Only thing I *have* to get done is the dishes before Dh gets home... and I've got another 3 hours to do them in. Where's my motivation?!?!? :yawning:
We don't always have to have motivation...enjoy a day of laziness

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#69 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
I'm behind a bit on my practicing as well. I just can't seem to find the 10 minutes it takes to practice my finger drop. I like doing the cds at night (even though sometimes I feel like it's too much mentally b/c of how tired I am, when I put it on I do okay), but during the day I'm just so crazy busy that doing it just doesn't cross my mind.

I'm only on the 3rd class, I should be further. Boo.

I too need to clean my kitchen! My home visit is tomorrow morning (!!) and my house isn't in the greatest shape. I've been cleaning and cleaning, but having to take breaks every 15 min or so b/c of my back aching really slows down my progress! I did manage to run out and get a new wastebasket for the bathroom, as well as a new toilet brush, new rug and toilet seat cover, and new candles. The house is looking much nicer overall - but not exactly to my standards.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#70 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
I'm still deciding whether or not to get it done at my 36 week appointment.
You know, I was going to decline mine but it's such a simple test. I even did the swab myself. I'm planning a HB and if we did end up going to the hospital I just didn't want the baby poked and prodded for no good reason. It's really awful for them.
#71 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
You know, I was going to decline mine but it's such a simple test. I even did the swab myself. I'm planning a HB and if we did end up going to the hospital I just didn't want the baby poked and prodded for no good reason. It's really awful for them.
This is what I decided on too. I'll do the test, mainly just to know. If it's positive, then I'll do the alternative treatments, I think I'll decline the antibiotics. Many reasons for that, one of which being it would be expensive for me since it's not included in my universal fee, and another being that I literally cannot remember the last time I had antibiotics, I get sick so very rarely. Who knows what I might be allergic to? Anyway, what I haven't decided is if I'll retest after doing the treatments if I am positive. I think I'm kinda hoping we don't get to that point.
#72 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
This is what I decided on too. I'll do the test, mainly just to know. If it's positive, then I'll do the alternative treatments, I think I'll decline the antibiotics.
I'll probably end up doing the test. At my 35 wk appt. my midwife is going to give me all the info they give out on it and what they normally do (alternative treatments) if it's positive. And they have you do your own swab too. So, I'm only really holding out on making the decision till I see their handouts, but it'll probably happen.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#73 of 158 Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Fantastic news Changed!

Sheesh, you all have been busy! I've been away visiting my best friend/doula today. I'll post a pic of our bellies together as soon as I get them upoaded.

No time tonight to read everyone's updates but I hope you're all doing well. I'll try to catch up tomorrow!

ETA: pics of my visit with my BFF today, and the cute blanket from my shower

Tara & Am 34w4d & 39w2d

Tara & Am's bellies

Hufflette baby blanket
#74 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 12:02 AM

I would like to take this opportunity to whine and complain for just a moment. Got a call from work (during my childbirth class!) and they asked me to come in 11-9 tomorrow instead of 1-9. Now the reason is a really good one - one of the morning technicians all of a sudden couldn't see out of one eye, and has a doctor's appointment in the morning. Believe you me, I'd rather work a couple of extra hours over being suddenly blind in one eye, so I'm trying not to complain too much. They got another tech to cover her shift (she'll actually be working the whole day) - she's brand spankin' new. I'm just afraid the other morning tech will need to leave at 3 instead of 5 - she ALWAYS has some reason to need to leave early : - and I'll be stuck with just the new person the entire afternoon/evening. Now, I like her, and she's picking up things quick, but she still needs a lot of help and it's just so. damn. tiring! working with someone new, 'cause you have to do all of your work and help them with most of theirs. Is it too much to ask that the baby drop in the middle of the night so I can actually breathe my way through this long shift tomorrow?!

I'll stop whining now. As you were!
#75 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 AM

^I'll hope for easier breathing for you!
#76 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 AM

cute pix Tara!

lee, i hope things go well tomorrow. taht is a long shift.
#77 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 01:49 AM

thanks for sharing the pics Tara. You both are beautiful.
#78 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 02:32 AM

Wow Tara- great pix!
I love the purple top on you.
A question...is your BFF/doula further along than you are or about the same?
I hope she is able to be your doula considering her belly size and timing. Do you have a back up just in case?

Congrats Changed on the good results!

I am super sleepy today/tonight. Think the baby is having another growth spurt. My midwife appt. is in the morning and I will be asking them about using garlic to prepare for the GBS test I will have in 2 weeks.
I feel bad I haven't been practicing my Hypnobirthing at all.
I will listen to a relaxation exercise as soon as I get off here.
I also just tried to do a perineal massage for the first time and didn't like how it felt so I quit. Anyone with some good words on this?

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#79 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 AM

Hmmm, perineal massage....

I never liked how it felt either. We did them for weeks before I had my first. My mw's also massaged my perineum during pushing.

I didn't do any perineal massaging with my second and I had the same little scuff both times.

I won't be doing it again ever and I definitely don't like it happening while I'm pushing.

It's been said that perineal massage can actually cause you to tear worse because it thins the tissue out and/or bruises it making it more sensitive.

If I was going to work on anything, I would work on focusing on directing your pushing energy to the right place and/or not pushing too hard.

HTH
#80 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Well, I'm totally at a loss for how to multiquote, but it sounds like you all had a busy day yesterday. I had my MW appt. and forgot to ask about GBS. I was positive last time, but who knows what they pumped through that IV, and my MW wasn't too concerned about it. She had a new midwifery student/doula there yesterday and that threw off my questions (it also would have helped if I'd written them down.) Do you still need abx. if you get a c-section? That's the only thing I'd go to the hospital for anyway, so knowing would be nice, but it's hard to say.

Kudos to you all who have DPs who cook! DH is so unable to function without my thinking things through, and we have terrible takeout around here, that I know if I want to eat anything I'd remotely enjoy, it's on me. That's why I'm up right now. I had some stew cooling all night that I'd forgotten to put away, so I did. It's nice to have two more meals ready to go in the freezer.

DD says she wants to spend an afternoon at after school daycare (which was her "big fear" three weeks ago!) That means that I might actually get to have lunch with DH one of these days, or just have an uniterrupted cleaning session in the house!

Today we have a playdate with a new friend of DD's and it's odd to be making friends around my town instead of my commuter town. All of our other friends live about 1/2 hour away!
#81 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 10:28 AM

Congrats on the negative test, Changed. And yay for the carseat arriving, Lee! I read everything, but can't remember each thing to reply to right now!

There was talk on the DSD board about putting a clove of garlic in your lady area for GBS. Apparently it's helpful down yoder for a whole bunch of things.. who would'a thought??

The insomnia is finally hitting. I was up until almost 3am last night, and it's only 9:30 and I've been up for almost an hour. It's going to be a miserable day unless and I really hope ds has a better day then he did yesterday (he was just in a get into everything, not listen at all, drive mom nuts mood). I finished the last 4 fitted diapers I had cut out. Now all I *have to do is finish the last couple pairs of nursing pads, finish the carseat cover, and burp cloths. And start her 'it's a girl' cover. There are other little things I want to do, but nothing that I feel has to be done, and it's so nice to almost feel done! Still don't have the cradle set up (not like I think she'll actually sleep in it.. but my mommy made a beautiful cover for it and I just want to look at it!), and can't move the bed on my own, it's just too big, so if dh doesn't help tonight, I might be listing him on ebay. I can't believe how quickly time has gone.. 35wks on friday. I'm expecting another 6 or so weeks, but secretly hoping she's nice and will come in 4-5

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#82 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Aw, that sucks Megan! I hate insomnia. I tend to get it worse at the beginning. I bet I could sleep pretty well right now if DS would go to sleep and STAY asleep. He is at my bedside waking me up about every hour either needing something or wanting to get into bed with us. I never thought I'd refuse him that but I can't handle his kicking right now with my belly so tight and sore at the end of the day. I'm working on a solution...I just don't want to go backwards and move his bed back in our room. Maybe he needs it? I know one thing, getting out of bed is really hurting by now and I've had it!

Going to the chiro in just a bit. I'm hoping an adjustment encourages baby to drop back down and let me breath.
#83 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideZ View Post
Wow Tara- great pix!
I love the purple top on you.
A question...is your BFF/doula further along than you are or about the same?
I hope she is able to be your doula considering her belly size and timing. Do you have a back up just in case?
Thanks! I love that top but it's not going to fit for too much longer. I had to pull it down to cover my belly all day long and pull it forward because it's gapping something awful under my boobs because they've gotten much larger. Yes, my BFF is almost 5wks ahead of me. She's in the Sept DDC, due on the 14th. Her last baby was born on the full moon so she's hoping this one will go on the 15th since that's the full moon for Sept. This is also her 4th baby so she's going to be bigger anyway. I think she said her uterus is measuring around 45wks . Yes, we have a backup though if she were to go crazy overdue and I were to go early. Our Bradley instructor said we could absolutely call her since she didn't have any clients around our EDD.
#84 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 11:39 AM

Amber Lion: How nice that your friend is pregnant. Your LOs will be able to play together I have two friends working hard on getting pregnant right now, but it's not working out. One has fertility issues, the other is just unlucky, I guess. Anyway I'm hoping for playmates; most of my friends' kids are already toddlers now.

lee1203: Sorry about your long shift today. I hope it goes smoothly. You working mamas make me feel a little guilty for taking my leave so early. Only a little guilty, though.

Tara: Thanks for sharing the photos of you and your BFF. You guys look adorable together.

audsma: Have fun at your playdate!

mkmb: Sorry to hear about your insomnia! I wake up a lot in the night, but luckily I almost always go right back to sleep. I'm so thankful for the sleep now because most of my life I had horrible insomnia problems until recent years. Even as a child I couldn't sleep well. I hope you get some rest soon. I know it makes a big difference.

Changed: Good luck at the chiro!

Not a lot of anything interesting going on here today. I have to get my car inspected. I got a ticket recently for expired tags; they expired in January!!! I couldn't believe it, until I realized I got pregnant in January. Since then, all I think about is baby!

I finally sanded and scraped all the old paint off the mirror for the nursery yesterday. That's a big job! Today, I'm going to prime it for new paint. I also hope to find time to make another origami crane mobile for the nursery today.

Oh yeah, one more thing: For the slacker hypnomamas out there (like myself). I found this accelerated schedule for Hypnobabies through the Yahoo group. I felt so behind, I decided to continue based on this schedule instead of the one in the book, so I can have a few weeks of maintenance. I'm sharing it in case anyone else is interested.
#85 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 12:08 PM

Good Morning!!

Last night was terrible I couldn't sleep at all. I was having nagging BH and consistent lower back pain all night!!! My back is still killing me this morning. It is just a constant dull back pain and it is quite annoying. Then my sinuses are bothering me on top of it. I need to go get more salt for my neti pot, I'm hoping that might help me a bit.

Other then that, not much going on. I checked my cervix last night and I'm a full two fingers dilated. Makes me feel good my body knows what to do, but I don't mind waiting another 4 weeks at least

Hope everyone else is doing well! I have to run to cost co, so hopefully I can find some energy here soon!

#86 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

I have a question: Does anyone make their own laundry detergent, and how well does it work (vs. buying Charlie's or Laundry soap nuts, which are my two other frontrunners at the moment). I just found a really easy - sounding recipe from planet green with grated soap, washing soda and borax and it sounds easy enough to make and money/energy efficient... and how would something like that work on cloth diapers.

Thanks for bearing with me

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#87 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
I have a question: Does anyone make their own laundry detergent, and how well does it work (vs. buying Charlie's or Laundry soap nuts, which are my two other frontrunners at the moment). I just found a really easy - sounding recipe from planet green with grated soap, washing soda and borax and it sounds easy enough to make and money/energy efficient... and how would something like that work on cloth diapers.

Thanks for bearing with me
I don't make any yet, but I've wanted to. I have heard of the recipes with Fels-Naptha, washing soda and borax with your own EO's if you'd like. There was a review over at DiaperSwappers not too long ago about using home made detergent as opposed to a Store bought type with CD's, but I don't remember what it said. I think it would be fine, just with out the EO's. I'm not sure about the Fels-Naptha though.

#88 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 12:32 PM

This may be somewhat annoying to some but does anyone ever wake up and feel like there's just no way they could be having a baby soon? I don't feel big enough. I don't feel rotten enough. I just feel fine most of the time at least until dinner time... it all goes downhill quick then. I'm having a really hard time realizing that this is all going to happen very soon. I've never felt like this that I can remember in a pregnancy. I can't possibly be 36 weeks pregnant!
#89 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
This may be somewhat annoying to some but does anyone ever wake up and feel like there's just no way they could be having a baby soon? I don't feel big enough. I don't feel rotten enough. I just feel fine most of the time at least until dinner time... it all goes downhill quick then. I'm having a really hard time realizing that this is all going to happen very soon. I've never felt like this that I can remember in a pregnancy. I can't possibly be 36 weeks pregnant!
As a first timer, I have no personal experiences to compare with my pregnancy. That said, from what all my friends and co-workers were telling me, I didn't expect to feel quite so perky at this point in my pregnancy. I'm thankful for that, and it's fine with me if that continues.

I am definitely having a hard time getting my head around the fact that in a month or so I'm going to have a baby. Already???
#90 of 158 Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Doula View Post
I don't make any yet, but I've wanted to. I have heard of the recipes with Fels-Naptha, washing soda and borax with your own EO's if you'd like. There was a review over at DiaperSwappers not too long ago about using home made detergent as opposed to a Store bought type with CD's, but I don't remember what it said. I think it would be fine, just with out the EO's. I'm not sure about the Fels-Naptha though.
I read on diaperpin that washing soda is too harsh for diapers -

"Washing Soda - because of its extra alkaline, it can eat away at elastic and cloth over time and is also used to rough-up fabric for dying. In fact, Washing Soda has just enough alkaline content to fall short of being labeled non-toxic. "

http://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiaper...bakingsoda.asp

and that borax is not good for hemp diapers (it sticks or something) and can cause rashes in general.

I use soapnuts and love them - from everything I have read they work well on diapers. They leave my laundry smelling fresh in just the way I love - not perfumed. They are very gentle on sensitive skin. I plan on using vinegar in my HE front loader's softener cycle - there's more info here - http://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiaper...le_vinegar.asp

FWIW, I would not use Fels Naptha on my baby's diapers. I have made my own laundry detergents extensively with borax, washing soda and Fels Naptha and I just think it is too perfumey and harsh for such sensitive skin.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page