Weekly Chit Chat 9/7 - 9/13 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today has been a poopie day for me too! I had a terrible night, similar to yours, Tara. Up basically all night with one discomfort or another, and then some annoying contrax this morning.

Then to make matters WORSE I had to run out to get some ingredients to make my kitties food, and it started to rain. Blah, I hate getting caught in the rain, especially now b/c lumbering around is just so annoying. Then I get home and realize I don't have vegetable broth, which I need to make dinner. Totally have to run back out in the rain again. Totally got soaked, totally stepped in too many puddles.

Then as I'm leaving, putting my bag in the car, I realize I STOLE a jar of coriander. I feel terrible! It was in the top part of the cart and I didn't see it or realize it until I was already out by my car. I didn't go back in. I said screw it. Whatever. I'm soaked, having contrax, and annoyed. :

At least it's Friday and Stargate is on tonight, that's really the only thing I'm looking forward to. Chris and I chillin' on the couch, eating dinner and watching Stargate. It doesn't take much to cheer me, I guess, when I've had such a bad day!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#152 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 06:05 PM

s to you Carrie. Knowing how miserable I've been all day, I feel for ya!
#153 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 PM

This must be the crappy day for Carrie's b/c I'm sort of having one too. I got a call at 5:45am that I my friend needed me to come to her house so she could go attend a birth. At 9:00 I dropped off her older kids at school and brought the little one to my house.

It's now 2:35 and she was on her way home to pick up the little one and then she got rammed into from behind by a huge truck so I need to go drive 20 min. to get her older kids and bring them back to my house b/c I don't have a carseat for all of her kids plus mine so my DH will watch my LO while I go but I have to come back so he can keep working.

I'm super tired and pretty soon I'll have 5 kids at my house making a mess.

Plus, I've been really wanting to keep school kids out of my house...not being a germ-a-phobe or anything, just precautionary. Oh well....

I'm sure I'll get called out again b/c she's got lots of births about to happen and overdue moms.
#154 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 06:45 PM

to those having crappy days!!! I was SO there yesterday, so try and go easy on yourselves and hopefully tomorrow will be better!!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#155 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 07:09 PM

Having a busy day, but I wanted to drop in to say that you can do Hypnobabies in about three weeks with the accelerated schedule. Thank goodness.

OrchideZ: Your ex-doula sounds like a prudish knucklehead!!! Glad you got rid of her.

Take care mamas!
#156 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 07:59 PM

OMG- the nesting.... I'm kinda freaking out. DH has a big important dinner/banquet tonight and all the sudden this afternoon it occurred to me that if I go into labor and he's not here, my bathroom is not clean enough. That's so freaking irrational... I'm not going into labor and my bathroom wasn't that bad but good god, the panic. I've washed all of our linens today too.
#157 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Having a busy day, but I wanted to drop in to say that you can do Hypnobabies in about three weeks with the accelerated schedule. Thank goodness.

OrchideZ: Your ex-doula sounds like a prudish knucklehead!!! Glad you got rid of her.

Take care mamas!

You are AWESOME for posting that link! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#158 of 158 Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
OMG- the nesting.... I'm kinda freaking out. DH has a big important dinner/banquet tonight and all the sudden this afternoon it occurred to me that if I go into labor and he's not here, my bathroom is not clean enough. That's so freaking irrational... I'm not going into labor and my bathroom wasn't that bad but good god, the panic. I've washed all of our linens today too.
I am feeling the same way today! All of a sudden it seems nothing is done and I need to get it ALL done right.now!!!

At least they are getting done, but hopefully my FFN test is wrong and I don't have this little guy in the next two weeks!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page