Weekly Chit Chat 9/7 - 9/13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I figured I would start a new one of these

DH left on Friday and my house is ALMOST SPOTLESS! It sucks to have him gone but so nice because with him it truly is like another kid when it comes to keeping clean.

And talk about extreme nesting, whomever had the idea about a tv show showing extremely preggo women nesting: that is totally me right now. I am rearranging, deep cleaning, sorting, giving away. You name it, in the past 2 days I have done it!!!

Anyway, I hope everybody has a fabulous week this week. I am going to be 36 weeks on Tuesday!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2008, 03:05 PM

You wanna come to Texas?

I've been slowly working on laundry, and that's it. Today I need to keep that up, but I also need to either start on our bedroom (where the crib will go!) or clean the bathroom. In theory I'd do both, but yeah, the chances of that actually happening...

I'll be 36 weeks on Thursday. Can't believe we've made it this far!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:57 PM

I'm 36 weeks today! :

I'm running out to BRU today, going to check out breast pumps and weigh my options.

I feel beautiful today. I haven't felt this way for weeks. It is actually quite nice to feel this good again. (I hope it lasts!)

Other than that, Chris and I are going out to dinner tonight with his family to Ruby Tuesday. All in all should be a nice day. Hope everyone else is feeling good and having a good day!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM

Tomorrow, I start my second week as a stay-at-home-almost-mom. The first week kept me very busy, even though DH was gone all week on business. They tried to get him to go again this week, but he sent his asst instead. :

We had a busy day yesterday. We went to BRU to have our car seat installation inspected, then we bought the rest of the necessities (I suppose) for the first few months after Flutterbug is born. They were having a big sale and I had coupons, so we spent about twenty to thirty per cent less than I expected.

Newly acquired baby items include:
  • Video Baby Monitor - I have a weakness for gadgets.
  • Infant Tub
  • Glider and Ottoman - (Arriving in 7-14 days)
  • Arm's Reach Mini Co-Sleeper - Probably the only thing we truly needed.
  • Diaper Bags!

Looking forward to meeting with my choice for pediatrician next week, too. We're getting things done around here!

DH just returned home, so I had better scram. I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:23 PM

Just popping in to say Hello...I have to get going though b/c I'm going to clean off the top of the fridge and I need to go out front and trim some of the shrubs......
Old 09-07-2008, 05:51 PM

Hee! I'm in on the first page!!!

I'm getting my and baby's room ready. It's coming together!

Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 PM

Hello everyone!
Cat: your BRU haul sounds good!
I am waiting on my completion coupon from there for 10% off (I bumped our due date up to 8/29 since our shower has passed already so I would receive the coupon earlier) and hoping it will get here before the in-store sale ends on 9/18 so we can combine and get a better deal on the glider, co-sleeper and other gear.

We met with our doula yesterday and it will work out.
She is so confident, trained in massage, counter pressure, aromatherapy...we liked her a lot and feel relieved as our 1st doula turns out will be out of town the week of my due date.
Getting excited about the birth.
We also met with our holistic doctor this past week and loved everything she had to say re. vax and how she works.
Just installed our car seat base yesterday so it seems quite real that Baby will be here soon......for all of us...soon, soon soon!:

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 PM

33 weeks this coming Friday! I've been bit by the teensiest of nesting bugs, so I'm working on organizing my sewing room into baskets of projects, as opposed to just piles. It's actually much easier to see what I need to still pick up from the fabric/craft shops and what I can get cracking on making. First up - the baby's bedding! I picked up batting to make the quilt fluffier (we're hanging it on the wall) and all I need now is cording for the top of the bumper. At this rate we'll be able to get the room painted next weekend and everything set up. Which is good - the following weekend is our neighborhood garage/yard/whathaveyou sale and I have a ton I want to put out. It'll be a bit humorous though. I'll actually be selling quite a bit of baby things! We had so much from DS, we just don't need to keep it all. I've been really wanting to pare down anyway. I know DH's parents are going to go wild once our LO arrives - DH is an only child, and the ILs were REALLY hoping for a granddaughter.

I scored a great find while out shopping on Friday - we now have a stroller! Well, we now have a suitable stroller for going out-and-about, or at least anywhere that involves driving. The one I already have from DS was just too bulky and heavy (an MBUS) and took up SO much room in the cargo area, though I love it dearly and will still use it for neighborhood walks. I found a brand new-in-box P3 at TJMaxx for a ridiculous discount off regular retail. I can't wait to put it together! Now the only major purchases are a breast pump and a carseat. With all the baby sales running this week - Target, Kohl's, BRU/TRU - I think we'll be all set for bottles and BFing supplies as well. Now, just keep you fingers crossed that Baby Girl will take whatever bottle we pick out from DH once I head back to work!

Funny side note... DH was asking why, if I planned to BF, did we need to get bottles. I just looked at him funny and asked if HE planned to lactate when I go back to work. The look on his face was priceless. I guess he didn't think that far down the line...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
Funny side note... DH was asking why, if I planned to BF, did we need to get bottles. I just looked at him funny and asked if HE planned to lactate when I go back to work. The look on his face was priceless. I guess he didn't think that far down the line...
Nice!

Hey, question for you guys. Will this work? I want to add a pump to my registry at BRU so that it's technically on there, but not purchased, so that I can use my 10% off coupon. Do you think I could get away with that?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I
I feel beautiful today. I haven't felt this way for weeks. It is actually quite nice to feel this good again. (I hope it lasts!)
Good for you! :
Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 PM

Today I'm tired. Bad night last night, I lost part of my plug and worried about that for a long while. I got to sleep in this morning and then we went to lunch. I guess I'm just starting to feel done yk?

Here's to a good week full of feeling beautiful and getting lots of nesting done!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM

Maryann, congrats on 36wks! I can only imagine how happy you are after having your first little guy so early!

Carrie, I hope you have a good time tonight!

Lee, I would love to come to Texas! We haven't been in a year and with the new baby and dh being gone, we probably won't be able to go again until next summer, boohoo!

Cat, sounds like a good trip! I need a new baby bath, you just reminded me! The one I have from Colin wasn't the best for a newborn even though it was supposed to be.

Orchide, glad your meeting with the doula went well!

Jennifer, that's awesome about finishing the bedding so you can finish the room! I'm so much closer to being done with what I "have" to make for this baby and it's such a huge feeling of relief (even though I've gone over my goal of finishing by 34wks.. can't wait to be done!

Phew. It's nice to have the time to reply to everyone!

We've had a busy few days, spent all day Friday in the ER with my mom, which isn't a whole lotta fun with a 22 month old! He was so well behaved considering. My mom had to get 3 units of blood because her iron was so low, she got released yesterday evening, just in time to attend my niece's party. She's feeling great, 3 units of blood later, but as soon as she gets another period (the problem, they've so heavy and just awful, she's been in and our of the ER because of it and back and forth from the OB for a couple of years now) it's all down hill She's hoping this last time will be enough to convince her OB to just take it all out since they can't seem to find the reason they're so bad, but they're causing her other health issues and she's missing a lot of week as a result. I'll be moving in with her in November, so she'll be able to afford to take the time off work to have the surgery done if they'll stop being butts about it and just doing it.

I'm packing both my and the baby's bags tonight, and we're going to set up the cradle, finally! Then other then finishing a few things I'm making and more cleaning and decluttering, we're ready! I'll be 35wks Friday, and I can't believe it.. where as the time gone?? I'm really starting to get excited and anxious now!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Today I'm tired. Bad night last night, I lost part of my plug and worried about that for a long while. I got to sleep in this morning and then we went to lunch. I guess I'm just starting to feel done yk?

Here's to a good week full of feeling beautiful and getting lots of nesting done!

I've hit that ready to be done this last week as well. This morning I slept until 11am and still woke up exhausted as if I hadn't slept at all! I hope you find some engery!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 PM

i am starting to feel better now and having to catch up from last week and having so much to do (im on load no. 7 of laundry right now).

we are 37 weeks tomorrow. i had to cancel my maternity shots this last weekend so im nowhere ready for baby to come now...there is still too much to do! lol!

i guess we will have our home visit on Friday of this week (had to cancel last week b/c i was sick) and we will do the maternity shots on Saturday.

im back to feeling the pregnancy nauseau and contractions, instead of just dog sick. ill take it...being sick was NOT fun.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

^ Im planning on maternity shots the weekend that I am 37 weeks too I really want them this time and $75 for a CD of the whole shoot isn't too bad...

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:19 PM

Don't have time to read everyone's, but HI to you all and I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to catch up...

Had my baby shower yesterday and it was so LOVELY. Way beyond my expectations. My doula/friend did an awesome job of keeping the theme eco-friendly, we drank out of decorated old jars and we brought silverware from home instead of plastic, all the food was organic and local and the prizes for the games were things like rooted bamboo plants and handmade soaps. We had it outside in a little park and the day was gorgeous, just perfectly warm in the shade and we had a nice cool breeze the whole time. My Mom and sister came up for the shower so it was really nice to spend some time with them as well. It was a small thing, less than 15 people, so just really casual and nice.

And the best part was I didn't get any gifts that weren't in-line with what we wanted!!!! Everyone must have gotten the memo, even if they didn't get me things off the registry. Every clothing item was organic and some of them were handmade, the toys were wooden, got a gift certificate for lactation counseling, a subscription to Mothering, and while no cloth dipes lots of supplies for cloth dipes (detergent and bac-out, etc), and a couple wraps and slings.

Now I get to go buy all the things that are left that we need! Finally, I get to go baby stuff shopping! :

Anyways, hope everyone had a great weekend! Just wanted to update on the totally awesome experience I had with a baby shower that I was a little nervous about having (I don't generally enjoy baby showers). I need to get my doula a thank you present!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 09-07-2008, 11:30 PM

Hi everybody! Hope that you all have a great week. I can't believe how many of us are already at 36/37 weeks...I'm still back here at 33 (well, 34 tomorrow), which still makes it seem like this baby is so far away. I know that we're going to start getting a lot of birth announcements on here--I can't wait to see pictures of all of our little ones.
I've been trying to get things done, but it seems like the more I clean the more I find to clean.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 AM

mkmb - that stinks about your mom. Mine had to have a hysterectomy fairly young because of her periods too. Hope they get her taken care of finally, one way or another.

Amber - how lovely! Glad you enjoyed your shower and got only good stuff that you'll use.

PassionateWriter - good to hear you're just feeling 3rd trimester ucky, and not sick ucky anymore!

So earlier today I was talking to my mom, and she commented on how my dad had told me they'd help get a crib or something if we don't have one by the time they visit after the baby's born. Apparently, all this time she kept wanting to do something for the baby, but wasn't sure what since I'd already bought most of what we needed. (They live 12 hours away, so it's not like she can just stop by and go shopping.) Well gee, if she REALLY was concerned about what we needed, why the blazes didn't she... oh, I don't know... maybe ASK what we needed?! I would have been more than happy to let them pick up some of the stuff we've gotten. But it looks like it will all work out, I sent her some links to cribs I'd be fine with, and a link to babyhawk.com and told her what fabric I wanted. So as long as they do that, then all we have left to get is the mattress. Yea!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 AM

Wow! So many of us fast approaching term...its so exciting!:

I'm 35 weeks today! 2 more weeks and my babe can come anytime (although I've never given birth before 40 weeks so we'll see what happens this time)

Well, I'm a bit jet-lagged as dh and I just got back from Arizona this afternoon. We were there for much of the week while I attended a conference about birth centers. It was really awesome to be in the presence of so many wise and wonderful midwives who care so much about birth! It was great to be able to have a little alone time with just dh and I but I was so glad to have my kiddos in my arms again!

I'm gonna try and curb my MDC habit this week b/c I have so much school work to get done b/c the term is almost over. There is so much baby-related crafty stuff I want to get done but I simply have to buckle down and get a paper written and several exams done. It'll be hard to keep myself away but I'll be a much happier person once I get it all done.

Have a great week mamas!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:17 AM

Carrie - I'm sure you could add your breastpump to the registry. It's worth a shot anyway.

Amber - So glad your baby shower was fun... wish I could have been there.

Passionate - I'm really glad you are feeling better now just in time to finish up for the baby's arrival. Being sick puts a whole new tone on the discomforts of pregnancy doesn't it?

I made quiche tonight and froze one of them. It's a really great recipe...not very egg-y at all so it makes a good dinner with a green salad. I now have 7 meals frozen and I'm going to make some peach cobbler tomorrow with some fresh peaches from my neighbors tree.

I still want to make 3 more meals to freeze and then I'll be done.

I'm back to babysitting again for my midwife/friend because the lady who took over the job flaked on her and she's got 7 births to attend this month, 4 of them she is primary. It's nice to get the extra money since we need to buy a carseat and diapers still but I'm not looking forward to the late calls.

I'll be babysitting for her until she can find someone so I'm not sure how that is going to work after having the baby but she's thankful for me so I'm sure she'll be very flexible with it.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Amber Lion - sounds like an awesome shower!!! Im so glad it was what you were wanting

Ashley - that must've been awesome to take a trip with your DH! Alone time is always good time

Carrie - I hope those babysitting sessions aren't too late at night or too frequent! But I am trying to save for a (better) carseat too. DS's is soooo not a good one. I want the graco safeseat or the maxi cosi infant seat

AAM - it is 6;40 am. I have NO IDEA why I am up right now. I got up at about 5 to use the restroom and couldn't go back to sleep : And I think DS will be getting up in like 2 hours. I think after I post this I am going to TRY to go back and lay down with my lil bub and try to sleep some more because yesterday was a very busy, exhausting day and so will be today I presume.

Yesterday my mom, Petri and I went to Wal Mart to pick up a couple things, drove about 30 minutes to pick up a couple of recliner chairs (my mom sleeps best in those then we got lost driving for awhile. Then on the way back stopped to get gas (still over $75 ), stopped at the PX and stayed longer than expected. Then when we got home, a nice neighbor helped us lug the chairs in, then I went grocery shopping then to pick up a kitchen table that someone gave me from freecycle.com and we moved THAT into the house. I was soooo tired. Ugh.

Today we are going to Trader Joe's, then to Ross' to pick up some warmer clothes for my mommy, then to a thrift shop. And I want to stop at My Organic Market for some produce and Babies 1st (a more natural minded store) to check out the carseats. Not as strenuous as yesterday, but still super active. I am trying to do as much as possible to keep my mind off of DH being gone

Oooh, and on top of the other stuff today I *must* finish handing/washing all clothes!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM

I'm glad to hear this week has begun well for all of you.

I am 34 weeks today. I just calculated it last night-- on this day of my pg with DD 5 years ago, we moved. So, I had 6 weeks prior to my due date to nest. It's so much easier to remember how I was feeling when I can picture my surroundings.

Sleep has become much more difficult.

I went to a party with a bunch of my former coworkers on Saturday, and it was great to see them, but so nice to hear the "shoptalk" and not care! My girlfriend who is giving my babyshower in 2 weeks hosted-- and I laid into her for inviting my family to my shower. It sound like I may have too many guests coming back to my house afterwards/for the weekend to stay. SIL is trying to convince my brother to bring the 5 of them down for the shower, and is trying to talk my folks into coming too. I'd love to see them, but am feeling like a pit bull in my protectiveness toward my space. I have so little of it, and 2 overnight guests is awkward, but we may be up to 13, which without pitching tents in the yard would be well nigh impossible. Our new house addition is so dirty that I'd feel terrible making my brother's family sleep in there. Hopefully my brother will say no and SIL won't get a wild hare and drive down with my mother, her 4 yo, 2 yo and 6 mo. I'd feel like I didn't have a good place for them to sleep. Still, I could ask MIL and her sister to go home, so it wouldn't be as big a crowd. It's exhausting just thinking about it.

I think I may tackle either the porches/entries to the house today, or the baby clothes. I'm not much in the mood for folding the clothes again, even though they are not washed, but are put away in my new baskets I found last week.

Enjoy your week, mamas!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:39 AM

OrchideZ: Very smart to change your due date on your BRU registry. Wish I had thought of that! Glad to hear you like your new doula. Is she a hypnodoula too?

JMarie: Congrats on getting a good price on a P3! I'm envious! I hope you post pics of the bedding you've been working on...

BabyCakes: I cannot think of any reason why you should have a problem with adding the breast pump to your registry at this point. I fiddled with mine a lot, it's not like it's set in stone, I think.

Changed: I hope you're feeling better.

Megan: I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she can get some relief soon.

PassionateWriter: I am very glad to hear you're feeling better. I hope your pregnancy-related sickness improves soon, as well.

AmberLion: I'm so happy to hear that your baby shower went well. It sounds like it was a really special day that you'll remember fondly.

lee: That's great that your parents are going to get you a crib!

birthdancedoula: Sounds like the conference was awesome.

Maryann: Sounds like you had a big day. Don't overdo it!

As for me, today I'm taking my chubby kitty Kage to the vet to see about her litterbox issues. Please wish me luck! We adore this cat, she is the most affectionate, sweetest kitty ever, but we really don't know what we're going to do if her newly acquired habit of considering the entire laundry room to be her litterbox can't be corrected. We've tried everything!

Other than that, last night DH did my belly cast. We'll see how it turned out later tonight probably. I'll post pics if I'm happy with the results.

Hope everyone has a happy monday.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM

I'll have to catch up with everyone later, but just a quickie on me. I've been having a heck of a time getting to sleep at night and when I do, I end up waking around 3 or 4 am. Well last night I woke at MIDNIGHT! it's sucked. I finally fell asleep around 2ish. of course I had to be up early to get the kids to school....ugh..i miss sleep.

I"m 34 weeks as of yesterday and very ready to be done! Saturday was just the worse day of being uncomfortable. Yesterday was great though. DP's mom threw a family bbq/baby shower for DP's sister and me. I thought i had all my baby stuff washed and ready to go but now I have this HUGE mountain of baby stuff to wash again. I am thankful for it all, but i'm just sooooooooooooo not in a nesting mood right now. Plus my parents are coming out on Wed (from CA), bringing my oldest home (she took a summer road trip and ended up at grandma's). That means I need to get my house in order...ugh. Ok this is longer than I anticipated.

I have a prenatal appt. here soon so i'm going. I"ll catch up when i get back!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Other than that, last night DH did my belly cast. We'll see how it turned out later tonight probably. I'll post pics if I'm happy with the results.
Oooh I can't wait to see!!! That is another thing I want to get today is supplies for belly cast

Old 09-08-2008, 01:24 PM

I scanned the thread but didn't read every single word so, I hope everyone is doing great and if you're experiencing stress or discomfort, I wish you well and hope things get better very soon!

We had a baby shower yesterday, thrown by DH's co-workers. It was great. No games, just social time and food/drinks/cake. We got a lot of great gifts too. Everyone really went overboard. We got our high chair, pack n play, monitor, "travel system" (stroller and infant seat), lots of books, Boppy (yay!), toybox, etc. So much! I think my fave gift was a super soft white blanket with white satin trim that DH's employees had embroidered with "The Hufflette" in Mizzou colors (Black and Gold). It's super cute and totally creative/personal. The only thing we don't have now that we really do need is the carseat. I have 2, 20% off coupons so I'm hoping I can talk DH into just buying it ourselves when we buy the crib mattress. He's not worried about having it though since we have the infant seat which I guess is true....I just really want and feel like we need the Britax convertable! Also, DH's parents came by our house last night after the party to bring our cradle! SOOOOO gorgeous. DH's Grandpa made it for him when he was born. This is the Grandpa that this LO will be named after (Alexander/Alexandra). It looks so sweet next to my side of the bed. :

I'm going to visit my BFF/doula tomorrow for the day. She'll be 39wks tomorrow. I can't wait to see her! The last time we saw each other, I was 14wks! Crazy. Anyway, busy day today....class at noon, chiro at 2:30, clients from 4-6, and Bradley from 7-9ish.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
^ Im planning on maternity shots the weekend that I am 37 weeks too I really want them this time and $75 for a CD of the whole shoot isn't too bad...
wow..thats an awesome price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Wow! So many of us fast approaching term...its so exciting!:

I'm 35 weeks today! 2 more weeks and my babe can come anytime (although I've never given birth before 40 weeks so we'll see what happens this time)

I'm gonna try and curb my MDC habit this week b/c I have so much school work to get done b/c the term is almost over. There is so much baby-related crafty stuff I want to get done but I simply have to buckle down and get a paper written and several exams done. It'll be hard to keep myself away but I'll be a much happier person once I get it all done.

Have a great week mamas!
now that you put it that way!! im 37 weeks today!!!

i have to do the same.

im heading to Ikea today to get a set of shelves for toys in our living room. i am taking pix of the toys and laminating them (like in preschools etc. etc.). I took 1/2 the toys out of the living room yesterday and put them in the attic. i am in a major decluttering mode right now.

wish me luck in Ikea. i need shelves..nothing else. that place scares me w/ all their cute gadgets. the one thing that protects me is that a lot of their cute kid stuff is plastic and i have committed to no new plastic in the house so hopefully i can get away w/ just getting some shelves.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:52 PM

These threads move fast! By the time I get around to checking the DDC it's usually a few pages long and I don't have time to sit and read through.

I'm 34 1/2 weeks now...and I'm 4 cm dialated, *at least*...feels like it could be slightly more. I could feel ( and almost grab) baby's foot through the uterine wall while checking last night, which was very cool...sorry if TMI

Babe's breech and not budging. I'm only randomly doing tilts because everything is just too much effort these days.

Pretty much everything for baby is done, except getting a crib to put at the side of the bed. Clothes are washed, folded and organized according to size. I have 95% of the stuff on my homebirth supply list. On Saturday I prepared 21 freezer meals...I'm just plain ready.

Only thing is, I'd like to get my iron up since the m/w said it was on the low side...I've been taking my iron supps and they must be working because I was feeling dizzy most of the day and like I was about to pass out. The past few days I've noticed it's improved a lot.

Not much else to report..for some reason, most of this pregnancy I've had a strong feeling I'd go early, no idea why. DD1 was an induced labour at 38 weeks, DD2 was born at 41 wks 1 day, but it's just a nagging feeling...

Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone has a great week!

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 09-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post
These threads move fast! By the time I get around to checking the DDC it's usually a few pages long and I don't have time to sit and read through.

I'm 34 1/2 weeks now...and I'm 4 cm dialated, *at least*...feels like it could be slightly more. I could feel ( and almost grab) baby's foot through the uterine wall while checking last night, which was very cool...sorry if TMI

Babe's breech and not budging. I'm only randomly doing tilts because everything is just too much effort these days.

Pretty much everything for baby is done, except getting a crib to put at the side of the bed. Clothes are washed, folded and organized according to size. I have 95% of the stuff on my homebirth supply list. On Saturday I prepared 21 freezer meals...I'm just plain ready.

Only thing is, I'd like to get my iron up since the m/w said it was on the low side...I've been taking my iron supps and they must be working because I was feeling dizzy most of the day and like I was about to pass out. The past few days I've noticed it's improved a lot.

Not much else to report..for some reason, most of this pregnancy I've had a strong feeling I'd go early, no idea why. DD1 was an induced labour at 38 weeks, DD2 was born at 41 wks 1 day, but it's just a nagging feeling...

Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone has a great week!
What all did you make for your freezer meals? After today I'll have 10 (6 different options) but I'm fresh out of ideas.

Isn't it typical for breech babies to come early? I've also heard that the labors are much quicker.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
What all did you make for your freezer meals? After today I'll have 10 (6 different options) but I'm fresh out of ideas.

Isn't it typical for breech babies to come early? I've also heard that the labors are much quicker.
Dh went on Saturday to the butcher's where we purchase loads of meat wholesale. I didn't make the fully cooked stuff yet, just prepared it so I can defrost and throw in the oven.

Each large freezer bag=most of a meal, plus I always make rice and usually salad too..

I made:
-13 freezer bags of Marinaded Tandoori Chicken (Tandoori spice, ginger/garlic, lemon juice and vinegar)
-4 meatloaf packs (FULL of veggies)
-3 Kafta bags (kafta is mideast food, ground beef with loads of parsely, onion, and allspice)
-3 Chicken Pulao mixes (spices, peas, tomatoes, potatoes, ginger/garlic...just have to add diced chicken breast and rice)
This stuff is *good*...I'll try to come back and post the recipe, everything I'm finding online has yogurt and mine doesn't..

Oops, I guess it's 23 meals, not 21

I still plan on making fully cooked green pea stews, okra stews (both lebanese recipes), and pasta sauces.

Hope that helps!

And I had no idea about breech babies coming earlier! I'll have to look more into that...
Edited to add: I hope it's not faster!! As I mentioned before, with DD2 my first ctx was at 11:10pm, she was in my arms at 11:50pm :

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

User Tag List