Anyone's Bewbies NOT Working Yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine aren't I was kind of excited about that during this whole pregnancy. I have been waiting for them to start working and they are not.

Anyone else's not working yet either?

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#2 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Have you tried hand expressing? I know lots of people who don't leak, but can hand express colostrum. I'm sure you've got some in there! Not everyone leaks.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#3 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 07:16 PM

no lactating for me either!!

i hear its normal, but all my friends do, so im curious.

maybe i will try and hand express tonight...

my dh keeps asking... he is completely in awe of the fact that they are going to produce milk. that, or else he wants to try it.
#4 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.rye View Post
no lactating for me either!!

i hear its normal, but all my friends do, so im curious.

maybe i will try and hand express tonight...

my dh keeps asking... he is completely in awe of the fact that they are going to produce milk. that, or else he wants to try it.
I found out with my first that I was around 17ish weeks when dh squeezed some out while getting a little rough with the girls during DTD.. so if he's curious.. there's a couple of ways to find out

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#5 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 07:28 PM

no, but they didn't with dd's pg either til after she was born. i recall being hooked up to the pump in the hours after her birth and marvelling about the tiny drop of colostrum that appeared they worked just fine after that though
#6 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have nursed 2 and actually just quit nursing about 6 mons ago but can't ever get a drop out until the little one comes. Don't stress...it will come!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#7 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yup, I have tried hand expressing but it doesn't work. I really want them to work LOL. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait. I am glad I am not alone though.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#8 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 08:44 PM

Nothing here either!
#9 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 PM

Wyatt weaned when I was about 5 months pregnant and no milk since then. I don't ever leak during pregnancy, but have PLENTY of milk to spare one the little one arrives.
#10 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Mine started leaking just a few drops a week or 2 ago. It's totally normal to not leak before hand, though. I didn't leak with DD until after her birth. I didn't leak with DS but did start making colostrum @ 36 weeks as DD was still nursing and suddenly picked up the pace at that point. She went from 2 daily nursing sessions that were 2 minutes long to asking all.the.time.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
#11 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
Have you tried hand expressing? I know lots of people who don't leak, but can hand express colostrum. I'm sure you've got some in there! Not everyone leaks.
I'm in this camp. Personally, I'm glad they don't leak. If they did, it wouldn't be a big deal, though.
#12 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 PM

I am 32weeks and nothing here yet either. DS weaned in April and I have tried hand expressing, too. I remember noticing it after a hot shower when I was pg with DS... I'm guessing it was about now, or maybe earlier, but each pg is different, right?

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#13 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
I found out with my first that I was around 17ish weeks when dh squeezed some out while getting a little rough with the girls during DTD.. so if he's curious.. there's a couple of ways to find out
Yeah, the first time I noticed something was after something similar All those hormones!

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#14 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 11:21 PM

I never leaked a drop through pregnancy and nursing my DD for almost 3 years. Some people just don't.

The closest I ever came was during engorgement after giving birth - my breats were hard as rocks, and there were white dots on my nipples where the ducts are, but still not one drop leaked. Couldn't hand express either.
#15 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 12:21 AM

I never leak either...they are working though.
#16 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 12:34 AM

What do you mean not working? Mine never did anything prior to giving birth last time (other than be sore in the first trimester) and I made milk a plenty. I'm not worried and am even thankful the boobs aren't up to any funny business.
#17 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 07:23 AM

mine have been working for about 17 months now And Im sure they will go on working at least another 2 - 3 + years if not more since I know in that time I will probably want to try for #3

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#18 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 AM

Try them just after a nice hot shower. Kind of message them in the shower then dry them first and try it.

Mine didnt with my first 2 pregnancies but #3 I could get drops at 9 weeks. #4 its only been the last month or so.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#19 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 AM

I had a little moment of leakage in early July, and possibly once more, but that's it. I feel like they are just there now, but if last time is any measure, I'm glad they're not leaking yet! I leaked constantly last time after DD arrived, so I'm okay not having to wear a bra these days, as the extra contraptions for nursing are uncomfortable now. Hmmm. If they're uncomfortable now, uh-oh--that means I need to buy bigger nursing bras! Duhh to me!
#20 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Mine never get any leakage until after baby is born. Nothing going on here.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#21 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 11:47 AM

I'm one of those who can express quite a bit out, but nothing seems to be leaking on its own. Both clear fluid and thick yellow colostrum (I'm assuming) comes out.

It is so awesome.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#22 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 PM

I can express just a little (mostly clear fluid and in one nipple, a tiny drop of what I assume is colostrum will come from one spot), but no leakage. I'm actually pretty thankful they don't leak, but glad to know that there is somethign in there, so I get your feelings. Don't worry, though, it is totally normal to not leak or even be able to express before actually having your little one.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#23 of 27 Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 AM

this will be my 3rd nursling and it is the first time I have seen a drop of colostrum during pregnancy it is cool!
#24 of 27 Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 AM

Nope, nothing here either. I'm 33 weeks and can't get anything out. It worried a bit at first, but I'm sure our milk will come in just fine when our little ones arrive.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#25 of 27 Old 09-09-2008, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Ok so this morning I broke down and opened my breast pump. I tried it to see if I could get even a LITTLE bit to show up on my nipple. First of all.....OUCH!!! Second, I got NOTHING!! Oh well I am sure they will start doing their job eventually.

#26 of 27 Old 09-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
Ok so this morning I broke down and opened my breast pump. I tried it to see if I could get even a LITTLE bit to show up on my nipple. First of all.....OUCH!!! Second, I got NOTHING!! Oh well I am sure they will start doing their job eventually.
You're still early! I got a drop after DS2 tried to nurse. He's officially done, BTW... doesn't really like the taste of colostrum.

I never leak, never get engorged, and succesfully nurse for well over a year. Don't get discouraged. As long as they work when the little one is here, none of this stuff matters.
#27 of 27 Old 09-09-2008, 05:10 PM

Mine are working but I think it's because I only weaned my son about 4 months ago.

But yeah, definitely getting that yellow colostrum.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page