Weekly Chit Chat 9/14 - 9/20 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post

We got our carseats installed in the back of our civic....can you believe we managed to get 3 across including the infant base which I didn't think we would be able to do...I was sure we would have to use the seat without the base. It took my friend|(who is a certified carseat tech) and I well over an hour to get them in. We wanted to make sure they all fit tightly, independently of one another which was tough because they are such a tight fit...but we did it. Each seat has less then a 1/4 inch of movement on it's own!!!! We have two radians forward facing outbound and the graco safeseat in the center rear facing.
Wow! I can't even fit another person in the back of mine with the infant seat and Colin's Triumph! They're both just too wide!!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#62 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 10:35 AM

Geeze, passionatewriter- Who could blame you. I'd freak out if someone came and undid the work i've done to get ready. And I agree, geico sucks.
#63 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 10:48 AM

Changed: That's so strange about your dog!

audsma: Do be careful! That's so sweet about your DD's tooth. How much do teeth go for these days, I wonder?

pinetree: I hope you find some good advice for your bp. Sorry I don't know much about it, so I have nothing to offer except good wishes.

PassionateWriter: Sorry your having such a rough time. I got to admit that not covering the stuff before making a mess sounds just like something my DH would do!

Not much new around here. My favorite aunt sent a really pretty infant swing (from my registry even!!) for the baby. Bill and I put it together last night.

We also went out to dinner with a good friend from my film classes, who's back in Memphis working on a movie until mid-October. We hadn't seen him in a year or so. It was a nice evening overall.

I have an OB appointment today and DH can't go. He has only missed one so far. But this week he couldn't do the doula and OB, and we felt like the doula appointment was way more important.

Have a good day mamas!
#64 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 AM

It's only 14 days until October.
#65 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I am beyond pissy right now. My DP and the friend who is working on the boy's room did NOT cover the changing table or the opening to the closet (i took the doors off of the closet b/c it gives me more room in there). EVERYTHING has to be rewashed. Those clothes and diapers have been washed and folded for MONTHS and its the ONE thing that i have already done and felt good about. i am soo bummed that i now have to rewash them...probably several times b/c of all the dust.
OMG I would be sooo annoyed...how frustrating!!!

Quote:
Wow! I can't even fit another person in the back of mine with the infant seat and Colin's Triumph! They're both just too wide!!
That is why we got the boys radians...very narrow seats...with a 14inch base...luckily my boys are small and love the seats.

Quote:
Not much new around here. My favorite aunt sent a really pretty infant swing (from my registry even!!) for the baby. Bill and I put it together last night.
That is very pretty, and very generous!!

Quote:
that is truly crazy!! So how are you feeling Changed?? You going to prove all those people wrong who said you wouldn't make it to Oct.??

AAM: I am still waiting for this darn cold to dissapear!! It is making me very tired and I really don't need that right now...ugh
#66 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 11:44 AM

I cannot wait until October! I am so excited for fall to REALLY arrive, and for this little one to be full term :

The last weekend in Sept. is our anniversary, so I'm hoping not to go into labor until at least the first week in Oct. I had the most bizarre vivid dream the other night that my baby was born on October 1 - a boy, weighing 7lbs 1 oz. My due date is end of Oct, so that was pretty early - but how weird & specific, huh?

Anyway, I've had two nights of being kind of an insomniac, which sucks. I wake up to pee at 3/4 am and then can't fall back to sleep until about 30 minutes before the alarm goes off. Not fun. I am sooo tired this week and its only Tuesday...

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#67 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
that is truly crazy!! So how are you feeling Changed?? You going to prove all those people wrong who said you wouldn't make it to Oct.??
Depends on the time of day. I usually feel pretty good in the mornings and pretty freaking done in the evenings but I think that's just about right for where I'm at. I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll make it to October though. I think the getting ready process just makes me nervous sometimes because I have a goal and don't want to get it over with early, yk? Thanks for asking. I'm so sorry you're still stuck with that cold. I had one back in June and it was miserable.
#68 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 01:11 PM

Holy cow you all have been busy!

I managed to get some deeper cleaning done in my living room yesterday (Windexed/Lysol wiped EVERYTHING), cleaned the half bath and the guest bath. So, those rooms should just require upkeep from now on. I still need to vaccum. I have NO plans today so I'll be able to get more cleaning done. The master bedroom needs some serious work.
#69 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
OMG I know, how crazy is that??? I have exactally 3 weeks until Im 40 weeks!

Well, I had u/s and prenatal. Everytime they "tell" me how far along I am, and say it is a week ahead of what I really am, I just want to slap them silly and say "if you were in bed with me when I had sex, then yes, you could have a say in this. But you weren't!"

At the u/s the tech told me not to schedule an appt for next week because she was "sure they were going to induce me by next week" I just smiled and nodded because it is truly none of her business. At OB he didn't outright SAY they were going to induce, but kept hinting. WHEN it comes up I am simply going to say that I will absolutely not consent to being induced unless there is a change in the heart and he needs to come out asap. Even then, I will run a freaking marathon before I get a pitocin drip or whatever it is and sit in the hospital just waiting for my c/s from that point on from "failure to progress" or something like that!

Sorry for the rant.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#70 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 02:48 PM

^You're a strong mama and I don't see you getting induced. Maybe start natural induction methods now if you're comfortable with it? The good thing is that you can always go against medical advice.
#71 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 03:11 PM

I think you might also remind them that putting undue stress on you isn't healthy for anyone and isn't going to improve any outcome. Geez. Be strong, you know what's best.

Yes, I'm here all the time lately. Good god i'm bored to death.
#72 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 03:14 PM

^Haha! Me too Changed. My house is actually much cleaner than I gave it credit for.....not nearly as much to do as I thought. I'm cleaning a little at a time today as I'm getting worn out more easily now so I hang out on MDC when I'm not cleaning.
#73 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 03:20 PM

Mine too. It looks like a disaster but in about one hour it's perfect. Laundry is done too. DD is at school and DS is playing in the back yard with the dog. I was going to get on the treadmill but that's lost all appeal. I may head up to starbucks in a bit to get a gift card for my moms birthday. I'm finding that I just need to stay close to home lately.
#74 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 03:33 PM

^I'm thinking it's about naptime. I already vaccumed but I REALLY need to do laundry. I just HATE folding and putting it away! It would certainly help the look of the master bedroom. I have errands I could run too but I don't feel like fixing myself up at all to go do them (I'm not presentable right now). I have baby items to return to Target, checks to deposit, car needs gas, and I need to get a few things at Michaels. Maybe after my nap I'll get those done and then head to the gym to take a class.
#75 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
= WHEN it comes up I am simply going to say that I will absolutely not consent to being induced unless there is a change in the heart and he needs to come out asap. Even then, I will run a freaking marathon before I get a pitocin drip or whatever it is and sit in the hospital just waiting for my c/s from that point on from "failure to progress" or something like that!

Sorry for the rant.
rant away!!!! those rants took me from a c/s w/ ds3 to a VBA2CS (b/c ppl in my DDC were informing me..unlike my crazy OB! lol!).

Quote:
I think you might also remind them that putting undue stress on you isn't healthy for anyone and isn't going to improve any outcome. Geez. Be strong, you know what's best.

exactly!

Yes, I'm here all the time lately. Good god i'm bored to death.
thats how i feel too! i am actually on a mission today to call everyone and their brother that i need to call! i called to have the pool closed, to take our car in tomorrow morning, to schedule an appt. for the housecleaner to view our home (and its mess) tomorrow (but now i have to clean before she gets here!!! how silly huh???).

the baby clothes arent that big of a deal actually. 2 loads and i should be done. it was only what was in the closet...luckily most things are in the dresser in that room.

the diapers...thats going to be another thing. oh and the wool. i will have to re lanolize everything.

i called our insurance co. and they are going to take care of our claim for us. USAA ROCKS!!!! they are taking care of my medical, the car seat (bought that last night) and our property damage. we will temporarily be out our deductible but oh well...GEICO is just NON RESPONSIVE!!!!!

my lower back has been hurting ALOT since the accident and my chiro. actually recommended a massage therapist (that is in her office) so i may get a massage out of this too. thats pretty cool!!!

i cant believe how fast time is flying!!!! ds3 has taken a nap the last 2 days in a row (he NEVER naps anymore..he's 32 months and gave them up months ago). I'm truly blessed today!
#76 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 04:20 PM

Hey guys!

First - Maryann, you are so strong! I'm so impressed by your strength and courage. I don't know if I would be able to do the same if I were in your shoes, and I really wanted to just point out that you are awesome.

AAM - I'm not myself today. After a rough night of suffering with allergies and some really intense ctx (that amounted to nothing, boo) I feel like I got hit by a truck. I'm also having some emotional issues that are depressing me. I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with a situation with my mother that's still unresolved. Unresolved issues are teh suck. I just feel kind of alone and unloved.

I, too, need to wash some clothes (putting them away is the annoying part, I agree) and do the dishes. The living room needs straightening, but everything is on the floor and I don't feel like bending over.

I got the bedding on the crib last night and it does look fabulous, though! Chris also hung the framed winnie the pooh puzzle that my BFF gave us for our shower. Looks great! We'll continue to decorate as time allows, I'm hoping to have it "done" by this weekend so I can post some pics!
The baby's room is really coming together (although my cats think the crib is their new bed...)

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#77 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 PM

Got my first- Are you still pregnant- phone call today. From this friend of DH's that I can't stand anyway. His wife is due the same day as me.
"Hey, how are you?"
Fine....(wondering why he's calling when he knows DH is at work)
"Are you still pregnant?"
Yes.
"Are you miserable yet?"
No.
"Are you huge?"
No.
"I bet you're ready to have him huh?"
Not yet.
"My wife is HUGE and miserable!"
Bummer. I'll have DH call you. Gotta go- bye.
"Wait, wait- when are you getting induced?"
Click.
#78 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 PM

HAH! OMG, how unabashedly rude! I'm so sorry you had to field that call! Sounds like he was playing check up as a go-between, maybe his wife is absolutely miserable and he wanted to compare notes.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#79 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Eh, never know. He's one of those incredibly annoying (and dumb) people that miraculously found his equal and married her. God, I sound miserably pregnant don't I?
#80 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Eh, never know. He's one of those incredibly annoying (and dumb) people that miraculously found his equal and married her. God, I sound miserably pregnant don't I?
Of course not! I'd be so annoyed if I were you.. when are you being induced, pft! You should see me today. Oy, it's a mess. I've been exhausted all day, no energy for anything and was up and down all night with pressure down yonder and funny feelings in my cervix area. She feels so low today that I'm walking with my legs apart and sorta bent over and waddling.. it's not a pretty sight. And add to that that I'm cranky, and suddenly feeling unprepared for a baby.. yet can't seem to find the energy to do what I want to do.

I did stop by one of our local natural baby stores today to talk to the super awesome lactation consultant and got a good pep talk about breastfeeding and the hospital. I'm so worried that they'll try to bully me into formula again, but she reminded me that I know so much more this time and won't be as concerned with all of the first time mommy worries of just wanting to do everything the right so I feel like I have to listen to others and that they know best. I'm really glad to have the experience of nursing one baby behind me so I can tell them to back off, I've done this before She also said if they give me a hard time just to throw her name at them and tell them I'll be working with her since most of them will know her and that should get them off my back (if it is even a problem).

Is it bed time yet? And I want doritos (odd craving, right? Haven't had any in a long time!). Badly. Healthy, right? Good thing I don't have any because I think I could eat an entire bag right about now

#81 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Oh my Changed.....that's quite a phone call! You handled it better than I would've. I have a terrible temper and no patience right now so your short responses would be a far cry from what would've come out of my mouth!
#82 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Changed,

That phone call is amazing. Huge and miserable and looking for induction? How sad. I much prefer the huge and beautiful and enjoying the anticipation. Uncomfortable at times, yes... but even at this point inside is easier than outside!

Today... I'm falling asleep. I'm just exhausted. This morning I helped the kids use the computer in my room and then fell asleep. They handled themselves beautifully though and it was an educational site that they have used before. But... I had no idea I was so tired! Early to bed tonight for me!

Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.
#83 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 07:55 PM

Changed that phone call would have ticked me off. I think you handled it way more diplomatically than I would have!

I get very annoyed when people look at me and say "I'll bet you can't wait til this is over" or "Are you miserable" - because actually I feel pretty darn good.

So, I have a bit of news, my OB appointment went really well and the doctor strongly feels like I should have the baby in about two weeks instead of four. Doesn't look like I'll get her on my birthday (10/12), but who knows?

Anyway the baby is head down, engaged, no longer posterior (thank you pelvic tilts!)... I am 1.5 centimeters and 50% effaced. All those BHs are doing something, I guess!

I feel very excited! Two weeks sounds so very close! I guess we really should pack the bags and set up the co-sleeper.
#84 of 178 Old 09-16-2008, 11:53 PM

^I don't want to burst your bubble but don't get too excited. Dilation and effacement really don't mean much. You could stay where you are now for weeks still. I just don't want you to get frustrated or discouraged if your little Calla isn't here in 2wks or even 4. That is really exciting that your body is doing something though!
#85 of 178 Old 09-17-2008, 12:01 AM

I keep falling so far behind on MDC! I've been reading many of your posts, but I just haven't had time to actually post my own messages lately. I'm glad that most of you are doing well this week--Changed, what a funny phone call! I think it would have found it more humorous than annoying. Then again, my husband has lots of annoying friends, so I guess I'm used to it.

I am doing really well...still dealing with just a little bit of reflux. My acupuncturist helped A LOT, but I am taking papaya enzymes at night so that I can sleep halfway decently. I have poison ivy all over my face, neck, and arms, so I look super weird. I also happened to run out of makeup this week, so I haven't even been able to cover it up.

My friends finally started planning my shower, and they are totally doing a combination shower/mother's blessing!!! I am SO EXCITED! We will be making beads and doing a blessing, decorating a piece of pottery, and decorating my belly with henna. Here's where I get to have my cake and it eat too--they specifically asked the guests to check out my cloth diaper registry and to NOT buy any clothes!
#86 of 178 Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
So, I have a bit of news, my OB appointment went really well and the doctor strongly feels like I should have the baby in about two weeks instead of four. Doesn't look like I'll get her on my birthday (10/12), but who knows?

Anyway the baby is head down, engaged, no longer posterior (thank you pelvic tilts!)... I am 1.5 centimeters and 50% effaced. All those BHs are doing something, I guess!
Wow! How incredibly exciting! I can't believe how soon we are all going to have our babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedak View Post
My friends finally started planning my shower, and they are totally doing a combination shower/mother's blessing!!! I am SO EXCITED! We will be making beads and doing a blessing, decorating a piece of pottery, and decorating my belly with henna. Here's where I get to have my cake and it eat too--they specifically asked the guests to check out my cloth diaper registry and to NOT buy any clothes!
That shower sounds lovely! How great that they'll stick to your registry!

AAM - My spirits are a little higher today b/c I'm starting to let go of the idea that baby girl will come this week. I think I was starting to feel like a failure b/c everyone is "expecting" her to come now that she is term. Every day my MIL asks if anything is happening, and work is also asking if she's here yet, when she isn't even due for another 3 weeks! Insane! So, I'm working on being okay with keeping her in for 18 more days!

I have a good day planned! I am going to the mall today to shop for more nb sleepers and gowns. I'm also going to pick up a few more 0-3 mo sleepers and gowns. I'm excited to go! I haven't been out of the house for 2 days. I'm also going to look for some things to wear for my maternity photos that are being taken on Sunday.

...This may be TMI, but is anyone else feeling really frisky lately? I haven't wanted to DTD for months, but now all of a sudden it's all I can think about and DH isn't interested AT ALL. It's so odd for me to be obsessively thinking about it like this. I wonder if hormones are a-changing or something?

#87 of 178 Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM

Carrie, I would totally let everybody who asks know that it is still *best* for your little sweetie to stay in there longer, so she gains more weight and has less problems with breastfeeding. Not ALL babes born a couple weeks early (and 37 weeks is STILL early) have problems eating, but MANY do. You are such an incredible woman and mama. This little girl is so very lucky to have you as her mama!

AAM: I am taking this one day at a time. I am just constantly feeling *things* that freak me out a little bit because I want babe to stay in there as long as possible so he can gain lots of weight and be super healthy for the surgery. When I was researching the first surgery that he will have (it has a 70% survival rate) those babes who were born closer to their date (or even late) were the ones who thrived while it was the ones who were early (even a couple weeks, not making them technically premature) who had lots of problems and had a hard time thriving.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#88 of 178 Old 09-17-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
^I don't want to burst your bubble but don't get too excited. Dilation and effacement really don't mean much. You could stay where you are now for weeks still. I just don't want you to get frustrated or discouraged if your little Calla isn't here in 2wks or even 4. That is really exciting that your body is doing something though!
Yep, completely aware of all that and cool with it! There were some other factors my OB was taking into consideration too when she made her prediction. But I've always said the baby can come when she wants as long as she's healthy. If I have any preference, it's that she would come on my birthday, but I know she's going to come at the perfect time for both of us.

The news certainly did light a fire under DH's butt, though! Suddenly he's very interested in getting the bags packed for the hospital (he didn't have much interest in helping with it over the weekend) and setting up the co-sleeper.

freedak: Sorry to hear about your poison ivy! Oh no! Your shower sounds like it's going to be lovely, though. How nice to have that to look forward to.

Enjoy your outing, Carrie! And yes I noticed a libido surge lately, too, you're not alone.
#89 of 178 Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 AM

Maryann, because it's so important that he stay in as long as possible if you were to go into labor early but not premature would your doctor try to stop it to give him some more time?

#90 of 178 Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 AM

I'm kinda bummed today. While I'm thrilled that my blood pressure is great I don't understand why I've gained 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I know that some of it is swelling and fluid... my hands feel tight and swollen in the morning (wasn't someone else saying that the other day?) and I've noticed even drinking the same amount, I'm peeing less at night than I was. That seems like an aweful lot of weight in such a short time and I'm really worried I'll go in on Friday and they'll freak out about excessive weight gain etc... What do you all think?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page