Weekly Chit Chat 9/14 - 9/20 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 178 Old 09-18-2008, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I haven't been super active on the board lately, but I did want to share my finished birthing necklace! I have zero skills as a jewelry-maker, but I think this turned out okay...I love it! I wasn't consistent with my methods at all--some links were really simple and some were more elaborate. It was an experimental piece. I had to modify a few beads by wrapping wire around them because the wire I bought wouldn't fit through the holes : And I made my own toggle clasp! Check it out!

Necklace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 178 Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM

LOVE the necklace!!! I have to upload the pictures of mine. I just finished it (well, started and finished) today.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#123 of 178 Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Well, Christy ended up having her baby earlier this afternoon around 2'ish.

9.14 oz.

A happy, healthy homebirth. :

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
#124 of 178 Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 PM

The necklace turned out gorgeous Amanda!!

I'm so happy to hear the birth progressed and ended with a healthy Mom and baby Carrie! : Sounds like maybe she just had the plateau (NAP for you Bradley Mommies) that happens later in labor for a lot of women.
#125 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 12:51 AM

I. Feel. Horrible. My mom came to Maryland to help me out with having to take things easy (partial bed rest) and then helping to take care of Petri with the new babe around. Well, apparently she got a phone call tonite from my aunt telling her that the job she had in Vegas is no longer hers. The guy who owns the mobile home park that she was onsite manager for said "Well, anytime her kids need something I know she will just pack up and go." What a freaking as*hole!!! I feel so incredibly bad. She was trying to save up money to buy a good car and... ugh. Geez.

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#126 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 09:34 AM

thats so sad Triple. what a jerk!

gorgeous necklace. i shoudl try to do something but i don't know....there are so many BIG projects.
#127 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 AM

Tara: Not sure how long it takes for them to get the GBS results, but I recall my OB telling me I'd get the results at my next appt (the following week), but they send the results to the hospital as soon as they are available. So, here anyway, it must take less than a week. Maybe someone else knows for certain, or you could give them a call and see when they'll have the results.

Amanda: Wow. Lovely necklace. I love how you arranged the beads. Doing "something" (probably not jewelry, but maybe) with my beads has been on my To Do list all week.

Maryann: I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's job. What a jerk! I know it must be devastating for her right now, but my hope is that it leads to an even better opportunity for her (and soon). At least she won't have to be working for such a jerk anymore.

Janasmama: I'm so glad to hear that Christy's babe finally arrived.

A little rant: Just because my belly is enormous it does not automatically mean that I'm "so ready" or that I will "be glad when this is all over" or that I'm feeling miserable in any way.

Yes, of course I'm anxious to meet my baby, but physically I feel great! I know a lot of that is probably due to luck, but I feel that much of it is because I've been taking really good care of myself. When someone assumes just because I look term that I must be in misery, it kind of annoys me a little. As I walked to yoga yesterday evening, TWO different people (strangers) had comments like that for me. :

It's Friday ladies! Enjoy the weekend.:
#128 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 AM

I know the feeling Cat. I feel like I have to go to extra lengths to look not-miserable. I'm not but people don't seem to believe it... unless I have on a great outfit, my hair fixed and make up. I don't normally even wear make up mind you. It seems to help enough that it's worth putting on and washing off. It sucks to have to try this hard at this point in pregnancy but in my mind, it'd be really easy to walk into my OB's office in Pj's and get treated like someone who wants their baby removed, now yk?
#129 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 11:08 AM

I know what you mean, Changed. I've been making an effort to "dress" for dropoff and pickup at DD's school. Yesterday I wore sweats and my fav. cozy shirt (cool enough finally to look like a lumberjack, but in shades of pink.) You'd have thought I was in a hospital gown the way people responded to me differently. I, too, never wear makeup, so it was funny that with such a small shift in appearance I was suddenly this ponderous beast who's waiting to deliver this babe.

Tomorrow's my baby shower. How cheeky is it to return things you registered for? I went a little nuts on my registry, and I don't need everything it looks like I'm getting. That said, I hope there's more regifted stuff (I asked for used baby stuff, rather than new when possible) than new. It's so silly in my mind to have all new stuff for what amounts to a small period of wear/use. DD was in phase of clothing for 2 months tops, and boys tend to be bigger, so I think I'll be rotating stuff out very quickly.
#130 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM

Oh, Maryann, how awful. You'd think he could've at least told her before she left (not that it would've changed her decision I'm sure but still). Of course a Mom is going to choose to help her children over her job! He sounds like a jerk.

I'm with you ladies on people assuming I'm miserable and going to go into labor at any second simply because I look full term. It's rather frustrating because I actually feel really good (with a few exceptions but generally speaking). I also get a lot of the, "Oh, I'll bet you can't wait until you're done! Aren't you just miserable?!" I usually laugh and say, "No, I actually feel really good; Much better than people told me I'd feel! I want this baby to stay in until it's ready to come out. It could be another 6wks still and I'm totally fine with that." I find people don't know how to react when you say you feel really good so they just end the conversation.

Busy day today. I've got laundry to complete, have to pack for the weekend (Mizzou football!), and I need to get my apples prepped. I'm making baked whole apples with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon stuffed in where the core is removed. YUM! It was a request from a friend of DH's for this tailgate. Anyway, on top of all that I have 2 clients to train tonight before we leave town and that takes a little more than 3 hours (with drive time) and make myself look presentable so no one will think I'm miserable...haha!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies and GO MIZZOU!

ETA: My clients just cancelled tonight! YAY! That means I don't have to rush around and I could even nap this afternoon. Hooray. That will make my day much easier since I don't have to leave the house until we leave town tonight.
#131 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 12:48 PM

I am so happy that everyone is still feeling really great. I really am. But, can I have some of that magic potion, please? Am I really the only one whose crotch is too sore to walk, isn't sleeping at all, has reflux after every bite of food, is annoyed she has to wear a brace on her hands b/c the CTS is so bad her hands feel like they're broken, is having constant BH's and constant cramping and sharp cervical pains, and is just so incredibly ready to go into labor today?

I mean, okay, not enough that I'd go in to get my baby removed, lol, but still. The discomforts are plenty for me. I'm done. Ready to meet this baby. Ready to have her on the outside.

But I have to wait another week b/c the midwife I like is on vacation all next week and I know I have no say in who attends my baby's birth, but I'd at least like the chance that she'll be on call. And by putting this out there in the universe I guess I've pretty much guaranteed that I'll end up with the other midwife, doesn't it?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#132 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 01:21 PM

Aww Carrie. How insensitive of me. Poor thing. I hope you're feeling better soon, and at least we're all getting closer.

I really should just be grateful I feel so well, no matter what people may say or think.

I wish I could share some of the "magic potion" with you and the other mamas who aren't feeling so well.
#133 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 02:28 PM

If it helps- this is my fourth and by FAR easiest pregnancy yet. I was in pain and miserable with my first from about 20 weeks on. It sucked and I totally get it. The fact that I don't feel even worse baking my fourth baby feels like pure miracle and I have to be thankful for that! Besides, I'm a firm believer in the LOA and I'm shooting for pain free, enjoyable and fully cooked.
#134 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 02:31 PM

Oh, I just had a prenatal btw. Sine my Dr. is going out of town for a week she asked if I'd agree to a check. I wasn't opposed to it and I wanted her to cut off a skin tag down there anyway. I guess I was wrong because she said I'm only a fingertip dilated still and pretty unripe. The only bad news is that this stupid skin tag is STILL bleeding. Geez. I know the idea is not to put any stock into cervical exams but I'm hoping that means baby stays put till October. My BP was fabulous and there was nothing at all eventful. Yay!
#135 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 02:43 PM

Sounds like you had an AWESOME prenatal Changed!! Its funny I think you and I are like the only two ppl on here who are hoping for very little going on down there for awhile...

#136 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM

Carrie, I'm so sorry you're feeling a little rough. I definitely have some discomforts (like the aching pelvis/hips/pubic area, tired of being fat, and tired of being tired) but overall I feel really good. I'll try to share some of the dust with you! Everyone experiences late pregnancy differently and it sounds like those of us with an easier time need to remind ourselves to be thankful! Hang in there....you're almost done!
#137 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 03:15 PM

Aww, thanks guys! I didn't mean to rain on everyone's parade! It just felt lonely for a minute there being the only miserable one! I really am happy for you guys who still feel good, seriously! And I also realize that I should be greatful for my situation as well. There are far worse things than a few discomforts, and I should be happy that baby is fine, made it to term, etc. I feel bad that I made you guys feel bad for feeling good. Er, did that make sense?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#138 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Carrie - don't feel bad! You didn't make any of us feel bad - we just wish you didn't feel all miserable and done. I'd love to send out some of my easy pregnancy vibes, if I could.

Had my 37 (!!) week appointment today. Everything went great except for one thing - and statistically speaking, it was bound to happen to one of us sooner or later - GBS positive. Gosh dangit and frizzle frazzle. Looks like I get to go get me some garlic capsules and echinacea and acidophilous. Or however those last two are spelled. I've declined the antibiotics. Oh well, at least we know, so the midwifes can take extra precautions as necessary, and if I do end up having to transfer (please God, no) then if they push antibiotics on me at least it will be for a better reason than treating me as positive just 'cause I'm unknown. Haven't decided yet if I'll retest or not. Sigh. Oh well.
#139 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
Sounds like you had an AWESOME prenatal Changed!! Its funny I think you and I are like the only two ppl on here who are hoping for very little going on down there for awhile...
I can wait too.

I'm not in a hurry and compared to my last pregnancies, I'm still feeling too good to be ready to go just yet....even though I'm getting bad heartburn along with the rest of the symptoms.
#140 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 03:45 PM

Carrie, I agree that we don't feel bad that we feel good....we feel bad that you don't feel good! I wish we could all feel awesome! I think some people just hit that "I'm DONE" point sooner than others.

Bummer about the GBS lee. It was bound to happen at some point to our DDC but that doesn't make it suck less. You can also do Vitamin C and Grapefruit Seed Extract along with your probiotics (or acidophilous), echinacea, and garlic. Are you going to retest? I asked my CNM if we could just keep retesting and continue natural treatment if I test + until I test negative and she was totally on board with that. Then, surely by the time labor starts you'll be neg and won't have to fight with the hospital in the event of a transfer. I hope you can get it to cycle through quickly and have less to worry about so you can focus on the more important parts of labor/birth! :
#141 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I can wait too.

I'm not in a hurry and compared to my last pregnancies, I'm still feeling too good to be ready to go just yet...
Same here. I just finished a nearly 4-hr overhaul of my walk-in pantry (hooray for nesting), so I'm feeling a bit sore at the moment, but overall I've been doing pretty well. I am tired in the afternoons though. . . I crashed out yesterday while my kids watched some TV and when I woke up, my 3 yo had covered my belly in stickers

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#142 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 06:37 PM

Well I finally feel like things are getting done around here!! I am now 35 weeks and Christopher is still hanging out in my belly I need him to stay there for 2 more weeks, I want my BC birth!!

I finally dragged my butt up and have got a ton done! I got the car seat base installed, Stroller fabric washed, bought the co sleeper, had our baby shower, set up the bedroom with the bookshelf to hold all the babies stuff and I got my bag packed! We really had zero clothing and today I went garage sale-ing with the money I got from the baby shower and I got a TON!! A lady let me have all her boy socks, there were 101 pairs!!! I still need to get some newborn clothing, which for some reason I'm having a hard time finding and hats. Otherwise I think I'm set.

Tomorrow I'm going to a local twins sale and a Huge garage sale that is being advertised. I just need to get something warm for the winter when we are out of the house and a jacket for my DD

I also picked up some RRL tea (finally) and set up plans to have a doula. She is so awesome I must add. We are really having a hard time financially and there is no way we were going to be able to pay her and we worked out a great barter, so I can use her services!! She is super sweet and wonderful at her job!! I'm so thankful :

So now I'm washing clothing and getting ready to re-take inventory and see what else I may need and then I'm going to clean, so more

Hope everyone is doing well!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#143 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
Ummmm... Count me in too please. I had my last at 37w4d and she wasn't quite done IMO. I'd love to make to my EDD, but of course will be happy with a healthy babe at anytime. I'm not having any checks until 38 weeks though, so it will remain a mystery.
#144 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 08:03 PM

Lee - I second the grape fruit seed extract (GSE.) I have friend who had thrush and so did her baby and they battled it with everything for months....until they used GSE. Then it was gone. Now she takes like 10 drops everyday just for GP.

I just remembered that NotTheOnlyOne (I can't remember her name right now) has probably had her baby by now. I'm so excited to hear how everthing went. I can just feel the baby joy in the air. :
#145 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 PM

Lee, what a bummer about the GBS! Hopefully a retest, if you decide to go that route, comes back favorably!

I started taking EPO last night (I'm 38 weeks today or Sunday, depending on who you ask). Could just be a coincidence, but I've been feeling SO MANY contrax and weird cervical twinges and pains it's unreal. I've also had loose BM's all day (sorry if TMI) and it's all sort of giving me a sense of false hope.

I met with a pediatrician tonight. I think it went as well as I could have expected it to go. She was pretty crunchy, not as openminded about selective/delayed vaxing as I hoped, but she seemed willing to work with me on a schedule so it seems there is hope. She was cool about the vegan thing, cool about the breastfeeding, hours seem good, etc. All in all it went well, spent an hour there and got my $77 worth of info.

#146 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I've also had loose BM's all day (sorry if TMI) and it's all sort of giving me a sense of false hope.
I'm been having a bunch of ctx too and loose/soft poo poo....I just didn't want to be the first one to say it. My poo has been like this for a few days on and off but mostly on.

I'm even having a ctx right now and they are uncomfortable. I probably get like 8-10 noticeable ones a day and some of them have even been on the top of my uterus.
#147 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
I'm even having a ctx right now and they are uncomfortable. I probably get like 8-10 noticeable ones a day and some of them have even been on the top of my uterus.
OMG me too. Today almost all of them were at the top.

#148 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 10:36 PM

I thought at the top meant BH? Cause that's where almost all of mine are.
#149 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 PM

I would say that most of the time, my whole uterus gets hard including the top. But I never felt it as hard at the top as it was today. More knee like than chin like, but not 100% forehead like. I was sitting in the car for an hour in traffic today and was SO uncomfortable b/c the top of my uterus was SO HARD, right under my boobs, pressing on my lungs.

#150 of 178 Old 09-19-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
I thought at the top meant BH? Cause that's where almost all of mine are.
I have no clue, but I'd say it's just different for everyone. My belly always gets hard, but lately I'm getting contractions (bh's of course) that are painful, at least 1-2 an hour, and it's usually at the bottom of my uterus where I feel the actual pain. It would really be nice if there were rules that our bodies followed so we knew exactly what was going on, eh?

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page