Weekly Chit Chat 9/14 - 9/20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oohhh Me! I get to start it!

This has to be really fast, becasue my computer at home has died (power outage) and I don't know when it'll get fixed. I don;t know when I'll be able to post again, so-

MW appt went fine, I have definately dropped bigtime, but the baby is still nice and mobile, and HR is good. Weight is funky again, lost 3/4 lb in two weeks. MW said that's a good sign that I'm getting toward the end. right now I actually wish I had another extra month to get ready!

I'm going to try to go back and read the whole massive thread ya'll created last week, I feel like I've missed so much!

Have a good week everyone, and I'll drop by as I can!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#2 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 05:17 PM

I am pleased to come in and finally be able say that I have had a really boring couple of weeks pregnancy wise! A boring pregnancy is how I like them and this one has been anything but!

DH has been home for two weeks now on leave but goes back to work on Monday. We've been doing a ton of stuff around the house and getting a few baby things done...we did get our new car seat which is really exciting...especially for the kids who are loving the box in which it came in...seriously, why do we buy them expensive toys?

I have an OB appointment on Wednesday and my (hopefully) final u/s will next the following week. I can't believe I'm thirty five weeks! Where did the time go?
#3 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 05:34 PM

Today has been a good day

Lailah and I are at my mothers house, just hanging out. Tomorrow is my baby shower and I'm going to spend the night alone at my moms, for a little time off.

I'm feeling pretty achy and my sister is going to be kind enough to give me a great back rub (DH hates giving them, lol!).

So today I'm going to relax and Lailah gets to spend the night all alone with daddy which is nice since he's been working so much. They have so much fun together!!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#4 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 05:41 PM

Subbing- We're heading out to meet my friend/photographer at a park for maternity pictures. I'm hot and swollen so wish me luck!
#5 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 06:15 PM

Yay! I made the first page again!

Any ideas for helping out sort of high bp? I think it was just a fluke but I'd like to avoide any future flukes. It was still normal but high for me.

Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.
#6 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 06:35 PM

It's only the 13th!

Now ladies, don't rush the month by too fast.
#7 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
It's only the 13th!

That's what I was thinking! lol I'd be first if I started on Saturday, too

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#8 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM

I'll try to get in on this one early. I'm glad all you mamas are having "boring" and normal weeks in the pregnancy. That's a good thing! I've got 2.5 weeks until my due date! I'm not counting on this one coming early, since DD and DS were 6 and 8 days "late". Still, it is just around the corner. I have to assemble my home birth stuff and get my emergency hospital bag backed. I'm in the safe zone for the homebirth though!! Hand in there ladies!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#9 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 07:48 PM

I'm just hanging out today washing diapers. I still can't get over how cute they are!!!

My friend, who I just found out is 6 months pg, is coming over for dinner tonight. Dh is making spaghetti sauce and she's bringing desert. We haven't seen her in FOREVER, so it should be fun.

It's been cool enough that I've been wearing jeans again and I'm loving not having to look at my fat thighs anymore! Seriously, my self-esteem has gotten a big boost wearing pants, I look WAY better!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#10 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 08:32 PM

I am tired today, but I did manage to make a puffed wheat cake and nachos for dinner.

pregnancy wise everything is looking good, BP is good, sugars are good, baby is moving lots still....Still working on getting my Iron up high enough. My midwife says i'm good for a homebirth but she would like to see it up a bit higher yet otherwise she is not comfortable going without the pit shot after birth...well see.

I still have little things to do....wash diapers, finish up ds#2 first year scrapbook, get a few more supplies for homebirth, get the kids bags packed and pack a bag for emergency hospital transfer.
#11 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
It's only the 13th!

Oh but rushing the month by sounds great!

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#12 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 PM

I agree, can we put the next few weeks on fast forward?

AAM - Warning: huge whiny rant ahead. Anybody have any advice for pregnancy induced carpal tunnel? My hands HURT. I can only describe the pain as achey, relentless, and crippling. I can't grip anything. I can't make a fist. Whenever I bend over to pick anything up my hands zap and go numb (think like when you hit your funny bone). Today was the worst day so far. I've been battling the tingling and off and on cramping up for about a week, but today it is just horrible. Ugh. The only relief I can get is from holding something cold. Which is really annoying.

/end rant

On another note - in just a few short hours, I'll be 37 weeks pg! : Yay for being cleared for a homebirth!

Changed - how did your photo shoot go? Mine is next weekend. I'm also feeling crappy lately so we'll see how they turn out! lol...

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#13 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 PM

Good... I'm so self critical that it's hard to enjoy it yk? It was good to see my friend though.
#14 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 10:25 PM

Well, never mind. Our friend canceled on us 20 minutes after she was supposed to be here. I can completely understand, being a migraine sufferer myself, but she's canceled due to a headache so many times that I haven't seen her in I think a year! It's kind of frustrating. Especially when you've cleaned your house and made dinner and are sitting around waiting for her to show up. Oh well!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#15 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 PM

Dang! I hate that for you!
#16 of 178 Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 PM

Bummer Emily! I'd be frustrated too if I'd gone to all that trouble only to get cancelled on that late in the evening.

Carrie, I don't know anything about carpal tunnel as it relates to pregnancy but you can help the symptoms by resting it and chiro care. If it gets to really bothering you, ice it. Ice is always safe. Ask your chiro what they recommend; ice or heat. Hope it gets better! I'm sure that's miserable!

Changed
, that's exciting you got to do your maternity pics! I hope you'll share the ones you're comfortable with!

Jessica, I hope you have a great time at your Mom's and with the shower. How nice of your sis to give you a little extra attention with a back rub! Sounds heavenly!

AAM: Everything is fine here. We've ben gone all day for the Mizzou game. It has done nothing but rain yesterday and today. We had pretty bad storms yesterday so we got out of town late. We had tornados touch down until about 7:30pm. I didn't go into the game today because of the rain. I sat at the tailgate setup (IL's Expedition) with DH's Grandma. We're home now and I'm pretty tired. We have tickets for Chiefs football tomorrow......it's an all football kind of weekend! Nothing new pregnancy-wise. My next appt is Thursday and we'll be doing the GBS swab so wish me luck! Hopefully the effort I've made with natural supplements will reward me with a negative test result! : Other than that, I'm just hoping to get a call this week from my BFF/Doula that she's in labor or has had the baby. She's 40wks tomorrow and typically delivers pretty close to her EDD. She and I both think the full moon sounds promising (Monday).

Have a great rest of your weekend ladies!
#17 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 12:43 AM

Well, I will be 37 weeks on tuesday I am almost cleared that I am not having my baby "premature" although I do NOT want to have my little Thierry Bear for another 3w3d

Mmmm, tonight DH and I made Honey Walnut Shrimp. I think I died and went to heaven. It was even better than we got at Mandarin Gourmet when we lived in Monterey. And then for dessert was the green tea cheesecake I made with strawberry lemon curd sauce. Yum! My mom didn't like the cheesecake, didn't like the green tea flavor. More for me

It is sooooo good to have my DH back home. Ahhh, I missed him soooo much!

My only complaint at the moment is this pregnancy induced sciatica that I have. I will be walking in the grocery store (or just sitting in a chair ) and I double over in pain, this horrible shooting pain down my leg. So even though it is a different pain than the carpel tunnel, Carrie, I feel for ya!

Oh yeah, I am going to bring my revised *read: less chatty* birth plan to my OB appointment on Tuesday after my : weekly ultrasound . I will finally be seeing *my* doctor (who has been MIA the past two appts)

I hope everybody has a wonderful week (and its ALMOST 12 here, so ALMOST Sunday )

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#18 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 01:40 AM

Haven't read through all the posts, but I will tomorrow!

I'm so happy to report that I've finally finished the carseat cover! This project has been a thorn in my side, let me tell you. I've even lost sleep over it! It's been the 'biggest' project, even though it really didn't take that long to sew. I did it sans pattern b/c I couldn't find one I liked, and loved the cover I had from ds, so I just used it as a template. It's not perfect.. but it's done! Done, done, done! Yay! Last big thing is complete!

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t=DSC02286.jpg

35wks as of Friday.. 5-7wks to go! And I feel completely ready! I'm tired and achey all the time these days. I want her to cook as long as she needs, but would be thrilled if she didn't make me wait an extra week or two

#19 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 02:21 AM

That's beautiful!!!

I'm assuming you used a pattern? Which one? Wow... I'm so impressed!!

Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.
#20 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 02:42 AM

Wow Megan, good job on the carseat cover. You just blew the wind out of my sail....I just finished my pretty little minky blanket for the baby and I thought I did a great job with some decorative stitching and all.

We just went and bought a camera tonight but the battery is charging so tomorrow I'll finally be able to post a belly pic and I'll show you all the blanket too. It'll be hard to see any detail but at least you'll be able to see the fabric.

ETA a picture of the blanket

Here you go.
#21 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Popping in, maybe things will slow down enough this week that I can keep up on this thread for once. Glad to hear everyone has been having a pretty uneventful week pregnancy wise. Me, not so much, just posted a thread about it, this baby needs to stay cooking a little bit longer!

Hope all our mamas in the path of Ike are doing ok.

Megan, that's a beautiful carseat cover! And Carrie, I love that fabric for the blanket. I wish I was in any way craft inclined. You guys rock!

Oh and Carrie, sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel, that is NO FUN. Hope it eases up.

Yay to everyone who is officially "full term"! Woot!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#22 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 09:36 AM

Wow, that car seat cover is beautiful! Im so jealous of all you mama's who know how to sew!!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#23 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 09:49 AM

Good for you, Maryann for getting to this point.

I can't believe this thread almost got away from me already. I guess my early morning reading/responding routine just doesn't jive with keeping up with the Weekly Chit Chat.

I just had a realization after reading my email and getting a Big Surprise-- I got married 13 years ago, and the whole wedding party (aside from my bridesmaid who bailed on the wedding b/c her boyfriend was being pouty-- who knows what happened to her?) is pregnant or living with a pregnant woman right now!! Three of the four of us are expecting first babies-- which is great for those of us who are entering parenthood later (the nearing 40 crowd). I don't know when everyone is due, but I just found out this morning that my best friend from high school (my maid of honor) is expecting in April. I feel really badly b/c I hadn't told her yet-- and Dh has already freaked out that his best friend (his best man) hadn't told him, but had to hear it through mothers. How strange and exciting. If we renew our vows at 15 years, we can have oodles of little people running around, all about the same age.

Dh promised to unearth the carseat and last storage items today, so that the 35 week mark can be here on Monday and I can have no more excuses.

I have to do some serious cleaning this week. With my baby shower Saturday, I have relatives visiting for the first time in years who will be aching to see my home (only a 1/2 hour north of baby shower location) b/c they've come all this way. Yikes.
#24 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Kelli,

That is so cool that you all get to be experiencing first babies at about the same time! Wow!

#25 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
Haven't read through all the posts, but I will tomorrow!

I'm so happy to report that I've finally finished the carseat cover! This project has been a thorn in my side, let me tell you. I've even lost sleep over it! It's been the 'biggest' project, even though it really didn't take that long to sew. I did it sans pattern b/c I couldn't find one I liked, and loved the cover I had from ds, so I just used it as a template. It's not perfect.. but it's done! Done, done, done! Yay! Last big thing is complete!

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t=DSC02286.jpg

35wks as of Friday.. 5-7wks to go! And I feel completely ready! I'm tired and achey all the time these days. I want her to cook as long as she needs, but would be thrilled if she didn't make me wait an extra week or two
Quote:
Wow Megan, good job on the carseat cover. You just blew the wind out of my sail....I just finished my pretty little minky blanket for the baby and I thought I did a great job with some decorative stitching and all.

We just went and bought a camera tonight but the battery is charging so tomorrow I'll finally be able to post a belly pic and I'll show you all the blanket too. It'll be hard to see any detail but at least you'll be able to see the fabric.

ETA a picture of the blanket

Here you go.
Those are totally impressive mamas! I cannot sew at all so I'm in complete awe over your abilities! They turned out gorgeous. DH is sitting here and saw the pics when I pulled them up and you even got a "Wow" from him.
#26 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 11:43 AM

Busy already, and it's just Sunday! I'll catch up in a few, I only have about two more seconds before DS comes barreling in on me.

Woohoo, 33 weeks! Though it's been a pretty rough few days. I have IBS and it's been pretty well regulated with diet, supplements, and (minimal, lately) exercise. I've been off medication for almost two years now, which meant I would be totally ready for a pregnancy and BFing afterwards -- the meds I took could cause some nasty side-effects for a growing babe.

I had a really bad episode on Thursday night, so bad I almost went to the ER to get something to stop the spasms/cramping. DH came home early from work to take care of DS. By mid-day Friday, the IBS episode had ended, but I was clearly dehydrated and the BH contractions started in full-force. Very sporatic, but VERY painful. Water makes the IBS worse, Gatorade and flat Sprite worked pretty well, but then I was freaking out because the last MW appointment I had on Wednesday, the MW I saw wanted me to stay WAY away from sugary foods and drinks, since I declined the 3-hour GTT (but passed a two-hour fasting test with flying colors). Sorry, I'll pick refined sugar over fake sugar any day of the week, and when I have an IBS episode, I'll eat whatever doesn't make me run to the bathroom every 10 minutes.

So now I'm really worried that once Baby Girl arrives, I will have to go back on meds. This is not the first IBS episode this pregnancy, just the worst. When I get them, I simply cannot eat. And seriously, 10-20 BMs a day is not unheard of for me when it's a really, really bad one. I am so worried that I won't be able to BF again (I couldn't with DS because I needed the meds so badly). Really, if I can't eat, I can't very well produce enough milk or nutrients in it to nurish a brand newborn. I'm really trying not to let it stress me out, because that will just make the IBS worse. But I'm still freaking out.
#27 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 12:07 PM

I haven't read through the entire thread...my MDC time is limited again this week until I finish up my school work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Subbing- We're heading out to meet my friend/photographer at a park for maternity pictures. I'm hot and swollen so wish me luck!
I hope you had fun and do post a few when you can, k?

AAM:36 weeks today!: I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and am feeling the physical effects of being on my feet all day. Its crazy seeing mamas delivering with due dates that keep getting closer and closer to ours! I did have a serious bout of backpain and ctx last night that was a little unsettling. I did get myself into a warm bath when I got home which helped a lot. Today my hips are killing me though. Good thing I won't be doing much more than writing a paper!

Have a great week, mamas...and congrats to everyone who's 37 weeks this week!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#28 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 03:13 PM

Jenn, I have IBS too, but the opposite kind. I know how uncomfortable not going for weeks can feel. My best friend has the type you have where she goes *all* the time when she's having an episode. So I feel your pain.

Chris just ran out with his Dad and brother to pick up the crib and changing table! Once we get the mattress and decorate I'm SO posting pics of this baby's room. It is turning out so FABULOUS!!

I too am jealous of all of you who can sew.

My hands feel a bit better today. Limiting my computer time seems to really help. Which is good in many ways b/c I have SO MUCH to do, that I really shouldn't be sitting here on the computer for 5 hours a day, lol!

Alright, back to straightening up my house.

: BABY IS TERM TODAY! YAY 37 WEEKS!! :

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#29 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the sweet comments, ladies I'm really proud of the carseat cover so it's so nice to see others compliment it!

DH and I have been cleaning/decluttering for the last week or so. Almost gone through the whole house and it feels like such a relief! It'll be nice to not have it to do come November! I have a couple more closets and Colin's playroom to go. Gotta love freecycle and those who want the crap I don't I am feeling so ready for the baby to come, but the more I think about that I can clean/go through/pack the less ready I feel and more desire I have to clean everything. I'm finding spots on walls and little things here and there that I just *have to clean and it's driving me nuts! I did not experience this kind of nesting with ds!

#30 of 178 Old 09-14-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
I'm finding spots on walls and little things here and there that I just *have to clean and it's driving me nuts!
I had DS help me walk around with a squirt bottle of home made vinegar cleanser and towels this morning looking for smudges and spots. 3 year olds LOVE stuff like that and he can reach places I can't.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page