Clothes Rant! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2008, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, it is offical... I am down to 3 tops that actually fit and look ok. Sure the rest work around the house...with a 1/4 of the bottom of my belly showing out the bottom. But for actual use in public...I have 3 shirts that work. One is a horrible tangerine color, the other a hand me down and the other isn't so cute, so I am feeling real good about how I look. Ugh! Anyone else too big for clothes? LOL!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, none of my shorts fit, so I have to wear a pair of pants. In Florida. Where it's about a million degrees.
And yeah, of course, only a few of my shirts fit, and it's the ones that are my least favorites. None of the cute ones fit =( It's really depressing. I don't like leaving the house at all.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 AM

I'm right there with you guys! I've started wearing DH's shirts everywhere except work, and I save my 2 still-fitting & not butt ugly shirts for then. Lol, good thing I only work 2 nights a week. He complains of gaining weight when I'm pregnant, but at the moment, I'm thankful
Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 AM

Many of my favorites no longer cover my belly anymore! I was thinking about doing maternity pics, but heck I'll have to buy a new wardrobe (not to mention get a haircut and manicure) beforehand. It'll cost a small fortune!

I do NOT want to buy any more maternity clothes, especially with my OB swearing I'm going to have the baby by the end of the month instead of closer to my guess date.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 AM

Add me into this wonderful club! My belly peeks through the bottom of almost all my shirts, or else they're so stretched to the max that they just look plain silly. I've resorted to just wearing those stretchy strappy tank tops around the house, though they don't have shelf bras and they would be so inappropriate if I had company or had to leave the house.

I wasn't planning on buying anymore maternity clothes, but when I was at walmart earlier this week, they had cute t-shirts that were less than $10. I picked up 3. I've been rotating them for when I have to leave the house. Better than spending another $100 at Motherhood on stuff I'll wear for what, another 2, maybe 3 weeks? At least my one pair of jeans still works. Otherwise I would be so screwed, lol...

Almost there, guys, almost there!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-18-2008, 11:14 AM

Almost all of my maternity clothes still fit fine. Wanna hear what sucks? I have a TON of maternity clothes and about 5 non maternity shirts. Who knows what I'll have to wear as far as pants goes but even if they allll fit, I might have 3. I'd just lost weight before I got pregnant and got rid of everything bigger. Eek!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:29 AM

Add me to the club too.

All but just a few shirts actually go past my belly. Everything else lets my lovely white stretch-marky tummy sag out.

I just wish maternity shirts were LONGER...

My husband is the only one I prefer to see this supermodel belly thank you very much.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Almost all of my maternity clothes still fit fine. Wanna hear what sucks? I have a TON of maternity clothes and about 5 non maternity shirts. Who knows what I'll have to wear as far as pants goes but even if they allll fit, I might have 3. I'd just lost weight before I got pregnant and got rid of everything bigger. Eek!
Sounds like a fun shopping spree to me

I told my husband I'm going on a massive post-pregnancy shopping trip after pregnancy. Ross- here I come.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Old 09-18-2008, 11:56 AM

Why is this? You think maternity clothes in the size for our shoulders/however they are meant to fit, should fit until the end, right? I'm with you. I'm alternating between 2 dresses that fit, two passable pairs of pants (shorts? HA! and it's still over 100 most days), and a pair of pajama shorts that I slip on the minute I get home. Poor contractors who get to see me in all of my pregnant glory--pajama shorts, no bra, and a stained t-shirt!

The other day my DD actually brought me some clothes when I was walking around with less than she deemed appropriate on. Too funny.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:57 PM

Glad I'm not the only one!

I had some jeans from the beginning of pregnancy that I can hardly squeeze into now. They cut into my belly bad - and not even the stretch band part, but the actual jean material beneath is too tight. Ugh. I have 2 pairs of shorts (that are identical) that have the secret fit super stretch belly, and those still fit. I bought a pair of pants with those adjustable button waistbands from Old Navy this past weekend for my maternity pics and figured I could wear them PP. As for shirts? Ha! My Dad (and boss) has been telling me every day that they don't look good and I need new shirts. Ugh. Why should I buy new shirts fro the next couple weeks? Why can't they just be long enough?

/rant - sorry, this has been bugging me for a week.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
Old 09-18-2008, 02:09 PM

maternity clothing isn't fitting me anymore either! What a waste of $.
I wish the shirts were longer, and, as I posted in a different thread, no pants are comfortable anymore because my belly is so low it feels like I'm cutting off the blood circulation.
Argh.
I just went online and nearly ordered $200 worth of clothing but resisted ... it feels like I'm too close to the end of the pregnancy to spend any more on maternity clothing.

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

Old 09-18-2008, 02:09 PM

None of my cute tops are fitting anymore either... I've got 5 1/2 weeks until my EDD- so quite a while. I'm SO sick and tired of wearing the same not-cute things over and over and being uncomforatble at the same time.

Of course I'm dying to buy some adorable fall/ winter clothes I see in the stores, but I can't bring myself to do it because who knows what size I'll be when this baby pops out? As for the so hot denim pencil skirt I desperately want... not this season sweetheart.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:24 PM

OOh, Add me add me! I can only fit into 3 of my shirts, too. And the pants? Forget em! Also, I turned most of my old t-shirts into diapers, so I'm a little light on things to wear after baby comes. I thought it'd be a great excuse to get new clothes without going on "What not to wear"

:Pagan Mom to Danny and Mal , Wife to Charles Pet Parent to kitty Paige.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:19 PM

I've got 3 nice shirts and 2 pairs of pants that I can wear out in public. At home, I'm in sweatpants and shirts that are either stained or too short. I have nice skirts, capris and tank tops that still fit but it's getting too cold to wear them now.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:34 PM

Me too. My x-large mat tops still fit, but they are from my last pregnancy and they already saw a lot of wear. I am so resisting the urge to go buy a couple more.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:18 PM

Because of how big my belly got (and low) it pushes my pants down under my belly and then makes most of my shirts too short. And my pants uncomfortable, blah. I refuse to buy more this close, though.. so I leave the house feeling uncomfy and self-conscious.. and so I don't go out very often, lol.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 PM

I am to the point where i don't like fabric on my belly, most the time i have my shirt pulled up to right under my breasts. I got this way with DD too. Fortunately my shirts still fit, but that doesn't mean i want to wear them
Old 09-18-2008, 05:33 PM

lol I almost started this same thread yesterday.....

And I have bought more clothes several times this pregnancy cause they didn't fit anymore. I'm like the rest of ya'll though I just can't see buying more clothes when I only have a couple weeks left lol.

My pants are so uncomfy.. I love the secret fit belly clothes.. but only have 2 pr shorts and 1pr capris.. and it's getting to cool outside for that stuff. I've outgrown all but 1 or two pair of pants probably.. others I may be able to stuff myself into.. maybe lol.

Shirts aren't to bad.. but yea most of the cute ones are out.. yesterday my shirt was tooo short.. but I didn't care and wore it anyway LOL! I thought it was especially 'fitting' since it said 'Is it time yet?' on the front ..... hehe

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

Old 09-18-2008, 05:57 PM

My maternity shirts are ok, though I only have 3 of them. I have a long torso and would like them to be longer, but they're acceptable.

Now at 38 weeks, my maternity pants no longer fit and are downright uncomfortable, so I dread leaving the house as I have nothing to wear from the waist down.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:02 PM

I too am so tired of wearing the same crap. Then I realized I'm going to be wearing the same pants for at least another a couple of weeks. Which, all I have is 2 pairs of shorts and one pair of capris and it's getting cold here.

I'm going to have to go buy some jeans.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Throw me in the mix. I have a pair of sweats and a pair of stretchy exercise pants that fit and that's IT for bottoms! No good for Arizona. For tops..3 tops. Skirts and dresses......I have maybe 4 dresses that work, some skirts that will work if I roll the the top of the skirt under my belly and have one of my 3 long maternity shirts cover it. None of my old maternity clothes fit, none of the maternity clothes that my friend gave me fit.

And this is just at 35 weeks!!!! Dh keeps telling me to get more shirts and pants/shorts and skirts and I Have to remind him who is trying to get birth supplies, enough cloth diapers, and vitamins and supplements to last for at least 3 mo. I wish he'd just buy them for me....he did get me two of the 3 shirts which helped but he seems to forget I'm not made of money.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 PM

My shirts are all creeping up as well at 36 weeks. I only have a couple that still give me full coverage.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:41 PM

I was down to one pair of pants and about 3-4 tops. Thank goodness for my SIL! She just gave me a really cute pair of pants that she can't wear anymore since her belly is finally starting to get back to normal. And I bought a new shirt for my baby shower last week. I wear dresses to church 2-3 times a week and they are getting way way too short!

I plan on buying one more maternity outfit. I saw this really cut track pants and hoodie outfit at Motherhood. I'm going to tell DH that I really NEED that outfit. I can wear it around the house before my baby comes. And I can wear it home from the hospital. Plus, it will be a super comfortable outfit to wear afterwards. So, I do need it!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 PM

I am down to one pair of pants and three shirts! And I would call two of the shirts marginal at best! AND... I'm still working. I wear the same pants everyday thank goodness they are black... and switch between these three awful shirts. I will be SOOO happy to pass them on when I have this baby. Luckily I only have one more week to work and my due date is in 2 weeks so... I should be out of this wardrobe soon!

Oh... and I gained 4 lbs in two weeks! I usually weight 103 and am 5 feet tall! I've gained almost 40 pounds total! My midwife says I'm doing great though, no swelling (other than gigantic belly).
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 PM

I'm down to dresses... that's all that fit me and cover my belly. I have 3 dresses and 3 Enwrapture skirts... without them, I'd just be in a bra and pants that don't close.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM

I cannot figure out how to wear my Enwrapture skirt while preggie? It's SOOOOO pretty, and it was a gift, and I have never been able to wear it. Grrr...
Old 09-21-2008, 01:15 PM

add me too... although I do have to confess, i stopped fitting my "normal" size maternity shirts and bought a second round about a month and a half ago in a larger size so I would be able to hide my belly all the way through. Unfortunately, I am starting to peek out of those too....

Mama to Ahnna-Bella (Dec 05) dust.gif, Harrison (Oct 08) kid.gif, and Kellan Wilder (Jan '12) baby.gif

User Tag List