Weekly Chit Chat 9/21-9/27 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 153 Old 09-27-2008, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Warning - whiny rant ahead...

Goodness, I want to reply to all of you, but I can't. Literally. That arm pain I was experiencing isn't getting much better, even with 3x weekly chiropractic care. Of course, with all the relaxin being released by my body at this point, the adjustments don't last long before things start slipping back to their usual, incorrect positions. My neck and upper back are all out of whack, the doc is fairly certain I have a pinched nerve that is compressed all the way down my arm, and my thumb and forefinger are completely numb. I seriously cry myself to sleep most nights, the pain is just awful. I've stopped using any heat at all and just icing it as needed, but it's not working to well. If this keeps up, there is no way I'm making it through labor without an epidural. I've already tried using hypnobabies scripts to deal with the pain in my arm. Not working for me.

I just don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 3-7 weeks like this! I am so miserable. I have a ton of things that have to be done around the house and I know DH isn't going to do them. That's why I'm in this place to begin with - if he'd only done what I'd asked of him, I wouldn't have been trying to lift heavy boxes and wouldn't have yanked my arm and back as bad as I did. The kids room isn't done. I haven't done a single bit of sewing for this LO. The receiving blankets all have raw edges. Nothing is washed, not even the dipes. I am just so, SO ill-prepared for this babe, and I feel terrible for procrastinating and I'm so MAD at DH for not helping me out when I asked and it's all just landing in my lap at 35 weeks! GAAAHHHHH!!!

RANT OVER.

On a happier note I did have my MW appointment on Wednesday. Since DS came early, I consented to an internal, just to be sure nothing is happening down there. She said my cervix is soft, but still very much closed, and the LO is still a 'floater' and not engaged at all, though she is head-down. So it definitely looks like I'll be making it for at least another couple of weeks. SUCH a huge relief!
#152 of 153 Old 09-27-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
The pressure waves are still too mild to really "time" them, but they don't go away when I walk or move around. That being said, I can still walk and move around through them, so there's still time, I guess.
Okay, wait. That's freaking me out. The pressure I am getting I can barely move through. I was in the store today buying nursing bras and one almost dropped me to the floor. But they aren't at all regular. It's happened a handful of time tops. Is that just my body getting ready? I'm 37 weeks so I get my homebirth which is awesome, but I haven't really mentally prepared. I want to go long - like 41 weeks. I think I still need a month or so to get it together !

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#153 of 153 Old 09-27-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.astrid View Post
Okay, wait. That's freaking me out. The pressure I am getting I can barely move through. I was in the store today buying nursing bras and one almost dropped me to the floor. But they aren't at all regular. It's happened a handful of time tops. Is that just my body getting ready? I'm 37 weeks so I get my homebirth which is awesome, but I haven't really mentally prepared. I want to go long - like 41 weeks. I think I still need a month or so to get it together !
If it makes you feel better, I've been experiencing those on and off for 3 weeks and I'm at 39w2d now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page