Mothering Forum banner

Water broke last night at 2:30

7K views 147 replies 50 participants last post by  Bayleesan 
#1 ·
My wife Amy's water broke last night around 2:30am. Contractions havn't really started yet, except for a few mild one's here and there.

Midwife said to try the breastpump for about 10 minutes. She did it for 5, and will try again in an hour or so.

Keep us in your thoughs and prayers that everything goes smoothly.

She is 38 weeks and 1 day with our first.

#82 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ellesmom View Post
Just checking in to see how you guys are doing! I have been thinking of you both... I hope maybe since we have not heard from you in a few days you are snuggling with your new LO!
My thoughts exactly! Surely something is happening since we haven't heard anything in quite a while
:

#83 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
My thoughts exactly! Surely something is happening since we haven't heard anything in quite a while
:
I keep checking the thread too but I bet this is like those annoying people who call and say "how much longer?"

I saw him post in a different thread asking for some of their labor vibes. I bet these two will be so excited to share that the baby is coming they probably won't hesitate to let us all know.

#84 ·
Still in a holding pattern. Wife is doing fine.

Seems like everthing is a sign of labor.

She had indegestion and nasuea last 2 nights, so I think she is real close to going into labor.

If you don't rememeber we had an US last friday and the fluid levels were excellent even though she is leaking. And all organs looked good. We just found out from the midwife that the US tech told her the cord is around the babies neck. I don't know if that is very serious or not. I've heard before it is not that big of deal just have to either unwrap the cord during delievery, or cut and clamp early. Really don't need any more stress.

Got to see a cute little 2 month old baby boy at the birth center today. Talk about inspiration !

I will definitly let you "guys" know when she goes into real labor.

Keep us in your thoughs.

#87 ·
The cord is not anything to be too worried about. I think a mw once mentioned that 1 in 4 have this. It can even be wrapped a couple of times in many cases. What they look for is how tight it is. The typical cord is 21" long (some longer, some shorter). When the baby crowns, a mw will feel around the neck for how tight it is. If there is a concern (and there is usually not) they will clamp and cut right away, as you suggested. This is what they did with my first born. It all happened before I knew what they were doing. Some cords are wrapped around the neck so loosely that Ina May Gaskin suggests just pulling the loop open and letting the body birth through it to lift the baby up - so there can be a lot of leeway there. Don't worry about it - like you said, you two don't need any more stress.

#88 ·
just to update.

No changes as of yet. Still home and doing ok.

Wife has been experience increased pelvic pressure and said she if feeling a "little hormonal" going from feeling a little angry, said and happy.

So who knows maybe we are getting closer.

Apreciate all your support, and were so happy for all the October Moms and there new little ones.

We will keep you updated as to any changes.

#91 ·
Update:

Not much change. Were at 40 weeks 5 days with leaking membrane for 20 days.

Wifes temperature and babies heart rate are good.

We go for a walk in the morning and evening. She is having more pelvic pressure, and her stomach is a little upset this morning, other wise doing fine.

We have a apointment with the CNM today. Last friday she didn't think we would make it till today.

I told the wife last night the baby is waiting until we lock in a boy and girl name. We have narrowed it down to 4 each.

Thanks for all your support.

#92 ·
Wow, way to go guys! Not everyone would be so patient and let your LO choose his/her birth date. And it's awesome your CP is down with it too! Hopefully you'll have your LO in arms soon enough!

#96 ·
I just have to say that I am simply amazed at you and your wife's dedication and patience. I would have freaked out 48 hours after my water broke and still no contractions! I don't think I could even have gone past 72 hours!!! Ya'll are truely and inspiration to those of us who are not anywhere NEAR as patient, lol.

I hope that you and your wife are holding your healthy LO soon!! ((hugs)) Sending TONS of labor vibes and dust your way!

#99 ·
We are still around.

Going for an ultra sound this morning to check fluid level and such.

We had planned to be very hands off, but with the wife leaking that kind of changes the game.

Wish us luck that everything still looks good, and they will let us go a little longer.

41 weeks and 4 days, with water broke/ leaking since 9/21.

Sure don't care about setting any record. Just want are healthy baby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.