Weekly Thread: Sept 28th-30th! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh yeah, I have noticed Daily Chit Chat instead of Weekly Chit Chat threads for other DDCs, too. I think it would be great for us because we are so chatty!
#62 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
I got everyone excited about soap nuts, thank you sarah.astrid, all the food was local and beautifully prepared, and although we were nowhere near the hostess's home in this public park, it was so so comfortable to just hang out there. I am still in awe of the day, and how much love was surrounding me. What a perfect sendoff to the birth that I have been preparing for!
Woo-hoo, converts to soap nuts! They rock!

I am so happy to hear you had a beautiful day.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#63 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 01:29 PM

I think I'm liking the idea of a daily chit-chat. Maybe then I'd be able to keep up! LOL.

I'm sorry so many mamas are so uncomfortable. I hope everyone gets to feeling better!

AAM: Well I am 36 weeks (due at the very end of Oct.), so you ladies make me feel like I have a long way to go! Although a friend here at work says that she gives me two weeks since I am now doing the "pregnant walk". I doubt he'll be here that early though. I'm just hoping he comes in October and not November! He's getting lower, although I don't think he's as low as most of you describe your babies being.

Overall I am feeling pretty good. I wear out so quickly that I'm doing everything I can to keep up with the house work, let alone get ahead with the projects that I want to get done. But aside from a constant back ache, I don't have any complaints.

This is my last week of work!!!!! : YAY! I am so excited and so ready to be done working. I'd like to enjoy a bit of time at home before the baby is born. (Not too much time though! LOL.)

Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up. If not- you ladies have a wonderful week!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#64 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soogie View Post
I can't believe we are all so close and that so many of our babies are already arriving.

I am trying so hard to enjoy these last few weeks, as this is my last pregnancy. But it is almost impossible these last few days. I have had the hardest time sleeping and it's not even my hips that are the culprit right now. It's horrible stomach acid. I've been waking up several times a night choking on acid. It's terrible. Papaya enzymes don't work, Tums don't work, not eating before bed doens't work. and even in the mornings, it feels like my stomach is full of acid, just sloshing around. It makes me feel so yucky. And my throat is sore from brinnging everything up. Does anybody have an idea of what else I can do or try? I lay in bed at night afraid to fall asleep because I don't want to wake up choking. And that just makes me so tired.
Soogie, I too have suffered from this exactly.
I finally talked to my midwife last week about it telling her the tums, papaya enzyme and homeopathic nux nomica aren't cutting it and I have even thrown up a few times.
She told me to start taking OTC Tagament or Zantac as they have been researched and proven to be safe.
I am with the midwife team at UCLA's Med Center which is currently the #3 US ranked hospital behind Mayo Clinic and John Hopkins so they are very stringent as to what they tell me I can or can't take. This is the first med I have taken the whole pregnancy aside from occasional Tylenol.
You should ask your care provider about it b/c it has completely made such a difference for me in just the few days I have been taking Zantac. I can sleep better, no throwing up or gagging, no fireball in my chest.
Hoping you feel better sooner rather than later.

I hardly post to this thread as it moves so very fast and I feel overwhelmed but I do read it.
I am so excited to read that we are beginning to have our babies here in the Oct. DDC.
Just thrilling!
I purchased a waterproof pad a few days ago and put in on my side of the bed just in case.
Last night I woke up a few times and felt some small traces of moisture underneath me. I also felt some tummy- baby? shifting this morning.
I simply have to get my music, oils together and pack my suitcase to prepare.
I guess it all seems so unreal.
I blogged about my belly and feet in the sig link if anyone wants to peek as well as finally putting up pix from our trip to the Sierras last month.
I will put up pix of my little diaper stash and our new furniture bits later too along with my planned oil blend recipes for labor massage and diffusion sprays.
Its nice to finally have a good digital camera.
Off to PT here in a bit. Hopefully they will work on my hip.
Hugs to everyone suffering and lots of love to our newest babies...

ps- oh yeah, my LO is really really low down. I feel him when I walk which is giving me the wonky low pelvic pain and super sore muscles down there. At my last appt. on Wednes., the midwife was showing my DH how to do a perineal massage on me and I cried out from the soreness. Yipes. She also barely had a fingertip inside and said re. the LO, "Oh yes, his head is right here!"

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#65 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Oh yeah, I have noticed Daily Chit Chat instead of Weekly Chit Chat threads for other DDCs, too. I think it would be great for us because we are so chatty!
Good thinking girls- I'll edit the title. Maybe whomever is up fist can start a thread each morning?
#66 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

So, my BP is a little higher today. I have a dr's appt in a few hours and I'm nervous as hell. First, I checked and I'm STILL only a fingertip dilated. No freaking change at all for all these hundreds of contractions and stabbing feelings!? Then I thought, oh well he'll come when he's ready and it'll get ready before then. I'm really amazed and feel like things are going too good to be true... Then I got a phone call that's had me all panicked and upset all day- hence the BP. A good friend is suffering from postpartum psychosis and was admitted last friday. Her sweet baby has no milk and her kids are being passed around because dad has to work. I am completely helpless right now and so sad for their suffering. To make things worse, I almost wish I hadn't found out. I feel so guilty but I don't need the stress on my body or my baby.
#67 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think we should all meet for tea or coffee and truly commiserate...how fun would that be! We could have a 9 month Pregnant Ladies Convention or something!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#68 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 02:06 PM

I like the Daily Chat thread idea as well. We are SO chatty that as we get closer to the end, I think it'll only intensify!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soogie View Post
I can't believe we are all so close and that so many of our babies are already arriving.

I am trying so hard to enjoy these last few weeks, as this is my last pregnancy. But it is almost impossible these last few days. I have had the hardest time sleeping and it's not even my hips that are the culprit right now. It's horrible stomach acid. I've been waking up several times a night choking on acid. It's terrible. Papaya enzymes don't work, Tums don't work, not eating before bed doens't work. and even in the mornings, it feels like my stomach is full of acid, just sloshing around. It makes me feel so yucky. And my throat is sore from brinnging everything up. Does anybody have an idea of what else I can do or try? I lay in bed at night afraid to fall asleep because I don't want to wake up choking. And that just makes me so tired.
I totally understand! I woke up from a nap yesterday with a sore throat and freaked because maybe I'm getting sick. : When you mentioned the increased acid just sitting in your stomach, it made me wonder if that's why my throat is sore because I don't feel like I'm getting sick and my (TMI warning) mucous isn't green. My reflux/heartburn is SO bad. That is the only thing that's making me miserable right now. I hope you find a way to help your acid issues! I'll let you know if I find a miracle remedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
So, my BP is a little higher today. I have a dr's appt in a few hours and I'm nervous as hell. First, I checked and I'm STILL only a fingertip dilated. No freaking change at all for all these hundreds of contractions and stabbing feelings!? Then I thought, oh well he'll come when he's ready and it'll get ready before then. I'm really amazed and feel like things are going too good to be true... Then I got a phone call that's had me all panicked and upset all day- hence the BP. A good friend is suffering from postpartum psychosis and was admitted last friday. Her sweet baby has no milk and her kids are being passed around because dad has to work. I am completely helpless right now and so sad for their suffering. To make things worse, I almost wish I hadn't found out. I feel so guilty but I don't need the stress on my body or my baby.
That makes my heart hurt. I'll put your friend in my thoughts and hope she can get the treatment she needs and her children find some stability in their life while she's healing.

AAM: This is my last week of work! YAY! Not that I'm working much but leaving the house at all right now just really sucks and I don't want to do it. I have 2 clients I'm still training and I told them this is the last week I can do it (been with them for 5 years). This is also the last week of my Bradley classes! One of the mamas in the class had her baby about a week ago and she's bringing her to class this week to show off and tell her birth story. I cannot wait!
#69 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Changed - I'm sorry about your friend. Her medical care is more important than the milk for her baby at this point although I did read an article in Mothering once about a mother who had PP psychosis and the place she was at allowed the baby to come and nurse.

Can you post to your Tribal Area and see if anyone has any milk donations?
#70 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 PM

just wanted to say i'm 37 weeks today!!!
#71 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

I think they've found some donor milk. It's complicated by dietary restrictions too. I am not sure either if the meds they're trying now are ok for baby. Thank you for the kind thoughts. I'm going to try to put this out of my mind for the next few hours as I don't want to be stressed out at my appt.
#72 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Maggie!
#73 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 03:25 PM

Changed. Just know I'm thinkin' of you, mama!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#74 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 03:47 PM

Chaned, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be thinking of them.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#75 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Oh, it's so funny, I'm stalking the board, not to see who is on, but to see who is significantly absent in posting, wondering what's going on.

#76 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Can you all believe all these BIG new babies? It's so exciting!
#77 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
just wanted to say i'm 37 weeks today!!!
: : Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
Oh, it's so funny, I'm stalking the board, not to see who is on, but to see who is significantly absent in posting, wondering what's going on.
I do this too! I'm actually noticing someone particular missing today but I'm a little afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing her!
#78 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I do this too! I'm actually noticing someone particular missing today but I'm a little afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing her!

I have a feeling it's the same particular person I'm noticing.

#79 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
I think we should all meet for tea or coffee and truly commiserate...how fun would that be! We could have a 9 month Pregnant Ladies Convention or something!
Good idea!

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#80 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Can you all believe all these BIG new babies? It's so exciting!
: There are a lot of big babies being birthed on here! Makes me even more curious what mine will be...hmm

What if I pushed out an 11 pounder? (I'm 5 ft tiny-doesn't make a difference but still) would be funny to tell people.

Then I could really tell my mom "HA! Not only did I do it naturally- I pushed HIM out."

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#81 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
I have a feeling it's the same particular person I'm noticing.
Hmm. I wonder if it's the same little lady I'M thinking of? I do this all the time too! And then I realize sometimes I just don't get on here for a day or too and that could be all it is. It's more exciting to think they're having their baby though!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#82 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
My heart breaks for this too

I will be thinking of your friend! The thing that kills me the most about it is the baby having no milk. SO sad.

And I agree with your last sentence- it's great that you care and are a GREAT friend but right now, you and your babe need to come first. You don't want to be exhausted and stressed going into labor! Believe me, it's not fun.

-Caitrin

#83 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM

Did I mention the bubbley corksrew like stabbing feelings? It's all good, but YEEOUCH!

Wow so many babies already and it's not even Oct!
#84 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
: : Congrats!

Ah, I'm noticing this too...I'll go ahead and say it because I don't believe in jinxing....Besides, I was the one to say I bet she'd be pregnant on the 11th of October. Baby_Cakes! Where are you?
#85 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Myrmom, congrats on hitting 37 weeks my due date twinsie!
I certainly am feeling all of 37 weeks today...pretty crappy.
I went to my PT appt. and their AC was broken. I got really dizzy and couldn't even do exercises plus my low pelvis/pubic area and thighs are so tight and sore, I can hardly move very well.
They ended up just icing me down.
I came home and still am feeling kinda feverish/strange.
I did notice during the night when I got up to pee a few times, it seemed moist/damp where I was laying and wasn't urine or sweat. It wasn't a lot though.
A gal at my PT's office was telling me just now that with her first baby she didn't know her water was broken and she had a fever with infection w/o even realizing it. That stuck in my head on the ride home.
I have noticed baby was moving a lot this morning and I did have some very subtle low cramps. They went away pretty quickly though.
I don't want to be melodramatic so I think I will take a nap and try to see how I feel later.
I do have a midwife visit tomorrow afternoon so that should reassure me.
Sorry I am just babbling on about myself but I feel ill and a little nervous.
I am thinking about you all though even if I am not commenting directly now on your posts.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#86 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
Ah, I'm noticing this too...I'll go ahead and say it because I don't believe in jinxing....Besides, I was the one to say I bet she'd be pregnant on the 11th of October. Baby_Cakes! Where are you?

:

#87 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM

Here's my little TMI story for you guys, because only you guys would appreciate the humor. DH and I were DTD this morning, and lol and behold, when done, what came out of me along with his member? A nice chunk of mucus plug! Well, he's the one who's been saying he wanted to see what it looked like! I just couldn't stop laughing, the situation was so comical to me, including the look on his face.

#88 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
You know, I was reading through the last page and I'm like, I really hope these girls don't mean me! I'm still sitting here pregnant as hell!

ALTHOUGH.

Last night a new type of contraction started. They are definitely more intense, and they woke me up from sound sleep. I didn't get up and time them, b/c I figured that would just drive me nuts, but they kept me awake-ish from 1:30 am till about 7 am. I nudged Chris in the middle of the night just to give him a heads up. Needless to say, I did not feel very happy getting up at 9 am, still pregnant and now having to deal with this new, terribly painful, irregular, longer than 1 minute lasting, wonderful type of contraction!

So we took our cat to the vet (she is incredibly sick, we are waiting on test results. Please send healthy kitty vibes for my Leeloo) and then went to Walmart and then Target. I was DONE after Target. Contractions were coming about every 3 minutes, and I could NOT walk through them.

So, keep me in your thoughts, definitely. I'm hoping this baby comes sooner than later! But I'm still trying to mentally prepare for going over my due date (which is Sunday).

I'm just really sad about my cat. I think it will be absolutely awful to give birth to my baby and yet find out my cat has cancer and is dying in the same week. I feel so guilty for not wanting to worry about her, but at the same time, whenever I think about her not being here I cry and i just do not want to go to that place right now, not when I'm trying to mentally prepare for having my baby. I don't know what to do or how to feel, really!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#89 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 06:33 PM

^^ Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I will be hoping for good news for you!!!

#90 of 120 Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 PM

It's only MOnday and we are already at 5 pages...seriously how did that happen??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page