Weekly Thread: Sept 28th-30th! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2008, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh no Carrie! I'm so sorry about your cat.

Back from the Dr. Everything looked great. Next appt is the 7th. Hoping I get to cancel that one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Thanks, guys, for the warm thoughts on Leeloo. She's just a baby, it's so unfair.

Excellent news on the great visit, Changed. Glad the BP wasn't an issue.

Maggie - we are chatty as hell. Hence the dailies from now on!! I'm so glad we're doing daily threads!

O/T - Today I ate an entire box of italian style croutons with french dressing. WTH is up with that?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-29-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
It's only MOnday and we are already at 5 pages...seriously how did that happen??
I don't know about anyone else, but for me, everything is done, and I really have nothing else to do until the baby comes.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
Here's my little TMI story for you guys, because only you guys would appreciate the humor. DH and I were DTD this morning, and lol and behold, when done, what came out of me along with his member? A nice chunk of mucus plug! Well, he's the one who's been saying he wanted to see what it looked like! I just couldn't stop laughing, the situation was so comical to me, including the look on his face.
Hilarious!

Baby_Cakes: Hope your sweet kitty is feeling better soon.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideZ View Post
A gal at my PT's office was telling me just now that with her first baby she didn't know her water was broken and she had a fever with infection w/o even realizing it. That stuck in my head on the ride home.
I have noticed baby was moving a lot this morning and I did have some very subtle low cramps. They went away pretty quickly though.
I don't want to be melodramatic so I think I will take a nap and try to see how I feel later.
I do have a midwife visit tomorrow afternoon so that should reassure me.
Sorry I am just babbling on about myself but I feel ill and a little nervous.
Sorry you are feeling crappy! And it's so easy for things people say to stick in our heads, isn't it? The dampness could be watery CM, sometimes I've had that too and it totally seems like liquid. And I bet exerting yourself in a too hot environment is why you're feeling so ill. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Quote:
Here's my little TMI story for you guys, because only you guys would appreciate the humor. DH and I were DTD this morning, and lol and behold, when done, what came out of me along with his member? A nice chunk of mucus plug! Well, he's the one who's been saying he wanted to see what it looked like! I just couldn't stop laughing, the situation was so comical to me, including the look on his face.
: Priceless!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Thanks, guys, for the warm thoughts on Leeloo. She's just a baby, it's so unfair.
Major to you about your cat! I know what you mean about it feeling unfair when they are so young and have problems you can't explain. Our little kitty has epilepsy and before we figured it out and got him on phenobarbitol he was having grand mal seizures! It was really scary and heartbreaking to see this little kitten who could fit in the palm of your hand having a seizure and he had quite a lot of them. We had to do a lot of testing and experimenting with the vet, but everything turned out ok and he very rarely has them now. So I'm hoping the tests come back with info that is helpful and your little Leeloo will be able to get better!!!

AAM: I'm stuffing my face today on Midwife's orders. You'd think it'd be more fun to have a prescription for sugar and fat and carbs galore, but I just feel a little . I have, however, made it over 3000 calories 2 days in a row now! I cannot believe how much food this is though and it's making me have almost constant heartburn and too full feelings. Ah well, off to have a popsicle and some kefir.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 PM

Faerie - That is too funny! I would have been kind of embarrassed.

Carrie - Sorry about your kitty.

It sounds like you might be next though...ctx that you can't walk through are pretty significant. I had a bunch of ctx that I couldn't sleep through with my son and labor started the next day... although I did have my mw strip my membranes because it was driving me crazy.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
It sounds like you might be next though...ctx that you can't walk through are pretty significant. I had a bunch of ctx that I couldn't sleep through with my son and labor started the next day... although I did have my mw strip my membranes because it was driving me crazy.
Will they do that if you aren't past 40 weeks? I shamelessly admit the thought crossed my mind.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soogie View Post
It's horrible stomach acid. I've been waking up several times a night choking on acid. It's terrible. Papaya enzymes don't work, Tums don't work, not eating before bed doens't work. and even in the mornings, it feels like my stomach is full of acid, just sloshing around. It makes me feel so yucky. And my throat is sore from brinnging everything up. Does anybody have an idea of what else I can do or try? I lay in bed at night afraid to fall asleep because I don't want to wake up choking. And that just makes me so tired.
ZANTAC!!! That's how I survived my first pregnancy. The heartburn and acid reflux were unbearable and nothing else was working. I've only needed it once in a while with this one, but it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Oh yeah, I have noticed Daily Chit Chat instead of Weekly Chit Chat threads for other DDCs, too. I think it would be great for us because we are so chatty!
I think it's a great idea, too. I've never been able to keep up with the weekly thread. Maybe with a daily, I'll have a little better luck.

Quote:
So we took our cat to the vet (she is incredibly sick, we are waiting on test results. Please send healthy kitty vibes for my Leeloo) and then went to Walmart and then Target. I was DONE after Target. Contractions were coming about every 3 minutes, and I could NOT walk through them.
I'm so sorry your Leeloo is sick. Sending lots of healthy kitty vibes. :

Sounds like you're having some good working ctx. I hope they get you all set for an easy labor.

Quote:
I guess he got a little more than he bargained for, huh? : Too funny!

Well, I'll be 39 wks tomorrow. I've been having those all day long ctx since Sat. Sometimes they wake me up, sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing. It's nice to know I'm getting closer, but I had 2 weeks of this with my first. You'd think my body would speed it up a little this time. Ah well. I guess it gives me a little more time before I have to learn to juggle life with a toddler and a newborn. I'm finally starting to recognize the challenge ahead.

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
Old 09-29-2008, 10:05 PM

Carrie~ I'm keeping your sweet kitty in my thoughts. I'm so sorry you have to worry about her health so close to having your babe. Speedy healing vibes headed her way.

Changed~ I'm glad to hear your appt. went well...and hoping that you won't be available for your next one on the 7th!

Faerieshadow~OMG...that is hysterical! At least he gets to feel like he's really helping bring you closer to labor!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM

Question ladies:

Whats up with all the cramping??? And lower back aches...dull back aches????

I've been cramping quite a bit these past 24 hours. Dull cramps. And pinching in what I'm hoping is my cervix. I mean, I did go for a nice long walk today but I'm sure it put me no closer to labor than I already was. I'm gonna be walking from now on. But seriously...what is all the cramping about???

I feel stupid asking because this is my second child, but I don't remember my first pregnancy at all.

See...more cramps coming right now...
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Will they do that if you aren't past 40 weeks? I shamelessly admit the thought crossed my mind.
I'm sure that's a highly individual thing between MW's. If you are this close to your EDD and asked them, I personally don't see why they wouldn't. But...it does hurt and it does make ctx come on strong.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:52 PM

The missing MDC mama I was thinking of actually wasn't Carrie and I still haven't seen anything from her today.....I guess I'll put it out there....Where are you SonshineRae?! I hope you're not here because your baby has plans for you!

Changed, that's great the your appt went well and your BP didn't end up being a problem today!

Carrie, I will of course be thinking of you and your kitty. I know how hard it is to deal with a sick kitty (we had to put my beautiful black beauty, Scarlett, down just 2 weeks after we got married due to FIP). I'll be hoping she's just got a bug and they can do antibiotics to help her get better. Get better little Leeloo! :
Old 09-30-2008, 01:06 AM

Hey Ladies! I feel like I keep falling further and further behind in these threads. I've read all of the updates! I'm sorry to all of you who are so uncomfortable and I think it is great that so many of you are doing still feeling so great!

I am doing so so. I think I've been really over doing it. I went out shopping yesterday and got ALL of the food that was needed to make the 30+ postpartum meals I'm going to make. But man it really took its toll on me. Today I helped my mom clean up her house, shes been working a lot, and then I met with my doula again, which always makes me feel so good!

I woke feeling very crampy today. My cervix is very very soft and easily 3cm. I couldn't help but panic a bit about it being so close to when this little guy is going to be here! It could really be any day, but I NEED to wait at least 4 days, but 7 would be ideal!!!

I've been feeling really lucky lately. I did a bra focus group at our local Bosom Buddies the other day which was really neat! For an hour and a half of a time you get to take ANY bra that you'd like. So I was able to get a really nice nursing bra that I never would have bought myself! And then the local massage therapy school is having a prenatal massage day, where they give out free massages to women in their 3 tri, and I get to go on Sunday (another reason I want this little guy to wait ) !!

So this week I'm booked! Tomorrow and Wednesday I need to spend cooking the ton of pp meals. Thursday I have the big Birth Center Group prenatal appointment where they go over everything that you need to know. Friday I want to attend the local LLL meeting. Saturday we are planning on doing belly pics and my belly cast and if we have time we are going to henna my belly too Then Sunday is the massage appointment. Then Monday I have my final appointment with my doula!

Okay...I'm just rambling on and on now...so I'll talk with you all soon!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
Old 09-30-2008, 02:05 AM

I've been noticing a LOT more BH, but today is the first time they actually hurt! I woke up to a dull cramping in my lower belly, and they lasted all day. They were really strong when I sat on the couch or was lying down, but much more tolerable when I was doing something else. Even moving from the couch to the dining table made a big difference. For a while I thought I might be in labor (I'm due October 8th), and was kind of disappointed to not be. Here's hoping it'll be soon, though! :

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM

Wow...I can't even possibly keep up with everyone in this thread. I love that we are such a chatty bunch!

AAM: I'm now 37 weeks and just so beyond ready for this baby to make its exit. I'm finding it really difficult keeping up with an 18 month old and a 2 1/2 year old all day long. Thank goodness DH is home more now. I don't know if I mentioned his new schedule for the fall (he is in the Navy but on course for the fall) but he is off Monday and Fridays, goes for a full day on Tuesday and just the mornings of Wednesday/Thursday. He doesn't really have as much time off as it sounds as he is doing courses and having to read a ton and write a ton of essays but it is nice having him home so much.

So I'm starting to get really nervous about going into labour. Not so much the labour part but the part where I need someone to watch my two little ones while DH and I go to the hospital. My Mom is coming down to watch them but she lives two hours away. She is planning on coming down Thanksgiving week-end (not this week-end but next) and staying so hopefully Baby #3 will hold off until then so I won't be so stressed out!

I can't believe that tomorrow is October...ummmm, hello, we are having babies in October! Yikes!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionbelt View Post
My Mom is coming down to watch them but she lives two hours away. She is planning on coming down Thanksgiving week-end (not this week-end but next) and staying so hopefully Baby #3 will hold off until then so I won't be so stressed out!
Okay, it is early for me but I'm confused. Thanksgiving weekend?

It's 5 am here and I've been up for awhile. I started having mild, regular contractions last night around 8 pm and I didn't go to bed until midnight. I'm not sure how long I've been awake but I woke up to ctx and ended up laying on the couch b/c my son was in bed with me and I couldn't get comfy. I just couldn't go back to sleep...I woke up starving, wide awake....wanting to clean the floors and bathroom.

Finally I got up to get something to eat and saw that it was 5 so I went ahead and just got up. I have a MW appt today at 12:30 and I'm debating having her check me for dilation so I can set the pool up b/c I'm getting a lot of pelvic pressure and I had to poop (I never poop at 5 am )

We'll see.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:22 AM

I can't believe it's the last day of September, and there are 6 pages of this thread!

I'm sorry for all of the extreme discomfort some of you are experiencing. I remember the heartburn from DD. Now, it's only this right side of my sacrum/hip that's doing my mobility in. I'll call the chiro today and see about an appt. tomorrow to hopefully remedy it.

Crunchydoula- wow! You have a great week ahead of you. Remember to let yourself be off your feet during some of that food prep-- it sounds intense! I love the deals you found, with the bra and the massage. We are going to try for our pictures this week too. DH is excited to do the belly cast, although I will not with his dad here! DH is pushing toward his own deadline before the arrival of this little one-- to get the new house drywall ready.

Yesterday I cleaned the carseat bases and reapplied the newly washed cover. I also organized all of the larger sized baby clothes and packed them away in a single place instead of various and sundry boxes. I packaged up all of my maternity clothes that I can no longer wear, for the next lucky woman in my community who might need them. Today I may just tackle the closet and drawers in our room. Oh, and I got the baby changing table cleared of clutter and set up with the changing pad. Now all I have to do is detail the cars, install the bases for the carseat, and hang the pictures, and that part will be done. After that it is a slow, methodical deep clean of the house, which my mom would be willing to do when she's here in November, so I don't really have to worry much about it if I don't want to.

I took DD out to lunch yesterday to Olive Garden (her fav. restaurant-- b/c they have mac and cheese and breadsticks, I guess). Thanks to my MIL who gave us a gift card for OG at my shower-- not knowing Dh now can't stand dining there. We did our Target returns and got the crib bedding. If this little one is anything like DD, however, and refuses to sleep outside of body heat/boob proximity, I'll return the crib stuff.

Oh, and for those of you who look for who's especially quiet on the boards-- I check only in the early mornings, but if sleep trumps MDC I can be off for a day. My mid-day posts are really a fluke since I rarely open the computer past 7 AM.

Have a great day finishing off this thread, ladies. I'll read it before I post to the daily thread tomorrow. OCTOBER, oh my goodness!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Okay, it is early for me but I'm confused. Thanksgiving weekend?
Sorry, should have clarified...I'm in Canada and Thanksgiving Week-end is in less than two weeks so I could be eating turkey while giving birth to a turkey!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
(I never poop at 5 am )
I don't either but for the last few days that's what has been waking me up in the morning. Pleasant huh? Then I'm fine all day long until about 4 pm when the contractions start. They last until I got to bed and then one wakes me up every few hours and I go pee. *repeat*
Old 10-01-2008, 12:24 AM

WOOT WOOT!! I'M 37 WEEKS NOW! Okay, soo... One more week and then maybe Miss Katherine can decide to come out? I really don't care as long as she's here by her due date, lol... I NEVER wanna go overdue again! That was torture!!

Okay, that's all I wanted to say, lol.

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 AM

Yay, Mothering is FINALLY back on!!!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
Old 10-01-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Doula View Post
Just as I'm getting sleepy and thinking about going to bed!!!

Hope everyone had a good day. I wonder if anyone had a baby today???

I had an OB appointment this morning and I'm now dilated to 3 cm, my mucous plug is pretty much gone, 75% effaced, and baby Calla is in a good position at station 0. My OB says anytime this week; Calla just has to decide which day she wants to be her birthday.

BTW Hypnomamas - My OB said she's helped three hypnomamas birth recently, and that it worked great for all of them. I hear great things about hypnobabies all the time, but I still found that reassuring and thought I'd share.

Take care! Tomorrow is OCTOBER!!!:
Old 10-01-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Doula View Post
I know!! I've been checking all day in between cleaning, oil change appt, workout and it's FINALLY back! It does look a bit different.

We have an u/s appt tomorrow at 2:30 that I'm not thrilled about but I do feel we're doing the right thing in doing it. We need to re-check the measurement of the renal pelvis of the baby as it was "mildly enlarged" at the 20wk one. We're not terribly concerned and neither is our doctor but we all agree that it's probably best just to be cautious. I'm having a hard time admitting to the fact and not feeling guilty that this is our 3rd u/s when I didn't want any to begin with. But, they've all been discussed with us, and DH and I feel they're necessary so I keep telling myself that. It's not helping much. Oh well. Hopefully the u/s will also show that fluid levels are good and baby isn't posterior (OB thinks maybe baby is). It's being ordered as a limited OB u/s to check only those few things.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:03 AM

Hi Guys! How funny that MDC was down on a day that I didn't log on! I would have been so frustrated!

Audsma - Good job getting all that work done! Just reading it made me exhausted! I packed up all my old maternity clothes a few weeks ago, hopefully someone else can use them sooner than I will!

AAM - Had a mw appointment today and I met the new midwifery student working with the practice doing, I suppose, her clinical hours for school (I didn't know I was going to be meeting with her before I got there) and she seems lovely. Green, but lovely.

Anyway, the baby looks fine. She is *low* in my pelvis, HR was 150, and she's moving around a lot still. I asked them to check me and I'm still only about 1 fingertip dilated and maybe 50-60% effaced, but both my midwife and the student said it doesn't tell you much about what's going to happen, only what's happening right this minute. I knew that, but I wanted the status update regardless, lol

So, alls good on that front.

Tomorrow we are taking Leeloo to the animal hospital for x-rays. 2 out of the 3 markers for liver problems came up on her blood panel. The good news is that it probably isn't cancer, but the bad news is that liver failure doesn't sound good either. She is so lethargic on the cipro that they prescribed for her, and she's still barely eating. I am beside myself with grief. It's almost unbearable. I keep having to compartmentalize and not think about her in order to stay in one piece.

Ugh, I feel like the stress just doesn't end. It seriously went from having problems with my Mom to my poor cat being sick. I didn't get to even catch my breath. It just goes to show that life does not stop for anything, it keeps beating at you - and what doesn't break you can only make you stronger.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:05 AM

I truly wish I could keep up with the chit chat threads and all the other threads, but I just don't have the energy! I'm so excited to see all the mamas giving birth to big, healthy babies, and I feel empathy for those of you in discomfort!

I'll give a quick update on me, but it's not pleasant. Last week's BP was pretty high, but I tried not to stress about it too much. I called the office on Friday because I had a 2-day headache, and the mw suggested I buy my own BP cuff just to make sure it wasn't getting out of control. Went back to the mw today, BP is still high, some protein in urine, and gained 4 lbs. in the last week. Needless to say, I am extremely unhappy and worried! I am doing a 24 hour urine collection, and she drew blood to test for liver and kidney functioning. I should know what's what in a couple of days, I guess. The thing that REALLY sucks is that, if I DO get induced, my care gets transferred to the OB/Gyn in the practice, and I'm really not fond of him. He's okay, but I've heard some negative stories. If it does turn out that they want to induce me, I'm going to see my acupuncturist to try to induce on my own...if that happens, I can still deliver with the midwives. I'm just kind of down right now, but I'm hoping for the best. Expecting the worst, but hoping for the best...
Old 10-01-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
Just as I'm getting sleepy and thinking about going to bed!!!

Hope everyone had a good day. I wonder if anyone had a baby today???

I had an OB appointment this morning and I'm now dilated to 3 cm, my mucous plug is pretty much gone, 75% effaced, and baby Calla is in a good position at station 0. My OB says anytime this week; Calla just has to decide which day she wants to be her birthday.

BTW Hypnomamas - My OB said she's helped three hypnomamas birth recently, and that it worked great for all of them. I hear great things about hypnobabies all the time, but I still found that reassuring and thought I'd share.

Take care! Tomorrow is OCTOBER!!!:
Yay for October : )

I did NOT have a baby today, lol. I'm at 37 weeks and 2 days. I am happy to hear of more good experiences with hypnobabies. I know it's been helping me stay relaxed!

Does anyone else have trouble driving these days? Between my short legs and large belly, I can't make the steering wheel fit comfortably. Sigh. So I'm really stuck at home aside from the bus. Luckily we have free public transportation here...

I have been feeling more menstrual-type cramping and a few more ctx, so it feels like things are warming up. But this being my first, I don't know what to think.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:31 AM

I didn't have a baby today either although when I'm up and walking around it certainly feels like I could get the baby out with just a couple of pushes...if only my cervix would open.

I had my appt. today...the baby's head is much lower than last week and is into my pelvis...I didn't need the MW to tell me that since I can feel it.

Here's hoping that I can sleep tonight because not getting much sleep makes me a wreck during the day.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 AM

Wow - everyone sounds so busy! Today was my birthday, so I did a whole lot of nothing. It was wonderful. I actually stopped by work because one of my co-workers made me a cake (she didn't know I wouldn't be in...) and chatted with people for a while. Picked up DS at school and took him in for a haircut, then we met DH after work for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. I love me some cheesecake! It was so good, but I could hardly eat anything. I feel like I have so little room left, I think my stomach is now halfway in my throat some days. But it was a nice day. Hot (96 degrees when I picked up DS...), but nice.

LO is moving around like crazy, and (TMI warning) I've been having upwards of 4 BMs a day (SO not like when I was pg with DS!). But I can tell she's still pretty high and I'm fairly certain I'm not dialating at all. It's just odd. I did wake up last night with some darn strong twinges in my cervix, but my uterus wasn't hard or anything. Strange, no? Maybe she was just trying to punch her way out. I'm just happy I passed the 35w2d mark. Next goal is 37 weeks for me! I hope everyone has a wonderful night and plenty of restful sleep.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 AM

happy birthday jennifer!!!!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:37 AM

: Jennifer!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator

User Tag List