Weekly Thread: Sept 28th-30th! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WOOHOO!!! This ones taking us into October! :

We will be going to DAILY chat threads starting October 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Aren't I special? I got to start the first October chat thread because I woke up at 6 am to more...digestive troubles? A persons head is wedged against my colon or something making it feel like I might explode. Good stuff. 2 more days till October girls- I think we're going to make it!!!!
#3 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 AM

Oh you're right- this does take us into October! :

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#4 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 10:47 AM

Ugh, sorry about the disgestive troubles Changed. That sucks- tell that baby to be nicer to you

I'm also up at 6:00 AM because the stupid sciatic nerve in my thigh was killing from laying on one side for longer than 7 hours :

The joys of the last few weeks, eh?

ALMOST...THERE...

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#5 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 10:59 AM

Current pregnancy news for me is-

So I've mentioned/complain before that I have scoliosis AND I"m in my last few weeks of pregnancy so my lower back and right pelvic area has been just killing me when I walk and it has to physically pop into place for me to be able to stand from laying down position.

BUT I started seeing a pregnancy chiropractor last week! : Been going in for regular adjustments and got a maternity belt!

Ladies- if you're having back trouble or just need a "lift" please get a maternity belt. It is seriously wonderful and I can already see a difference, although still painful.

Anyway, going in for the adjustments has been interesting- the right side that's been hurting so much and the right pelvic bone literally pops at least a dozen times loudly when she does the adjustments! It sounds awful but it really does pop everything back into place since everything's out of alignment.

Well, I thought that's all it was...

Then I went to my prenatal appointment yesterday and when the midwife tried feeling for the baby's LARGE head, she felt my pelvic bones as I said, "OUCH! CAREFUL- THEY'RE VERY TENDER" and she replied, "Um, the baby's head is completely rested on them. He's as low as he can go without coming out. Fully engaged and ready to go!"
: So I guess that's good, right? Still though, OUCH.

Just going to keep on wearing the maternity belt, etc. and pray and hope for a healthy early baby. Don't know how many more weeks of the pain I can take...even with the maternity band!

Well, that's the only update I really have for me. Looking forward to hearing your updates too and hopefully they're better than mine, lol

-Caitrin

#6 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 11:08 AM

Wow! I can't believe I caught the beginning of this one! I'm up since 7am cause my pelvis hurts. I can't wait to see my chiropractor! I rarely have time to reply, but I do try to keep up with reading. I guess that means I lurk! It's amazing and exciting that we're so close to everyone having babies! I'm 38w5d and my body is so ready to be done! My house is almost ready. My DH is finally realizing birth is imminent. My DD is so excited!
And, there goes my reply window! They're up and going.

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
#7 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 11:50 AM

Yay ... actually caught this thread early

Well ... I hit 38 weeks tomorrow. The home renovations are finally as complete as they're gonna be before baby arrives ... hurrah for no saws in my dining room

I managed to get three or four meals in the freezer last week .. would like more but not sure if I can cram anymore in. Besides DH is secretly pretty good in the kitchen and will cope with cooking during his paternity leave . We did have a power cut last week and I thought all my hard work would be ruined but fortunately it was only 20 minutes so frozen is still frozen.

DS had his 6th birthday on Thursday and DD had her 4th birthday on Friday - so half expected this one to make an appearance on Saturday (just joking really - no expectation of this this one coming before October).

Anyway, feel like I'm finally ready to go into labour - none of the jobs I have left are vital so ... bring it on ... just not this weekend when my birth support partner is in Ireland for a wedding.

Jill &heartbeat.gif the keepers of my heartheartbeat.gif : Dave, Ben (9/2002), Lucy (9/2004), (m/c 9/2007) Emma (born still on her due date and forever missed 10/2008) and Tobias (1/2010)grouphug.gif
#8 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 AM

Morning everyone! 39 weeks today!

So sorry to hear about everyone's sore pelvises (pelvi?) and other discomforts. But we are getting into October! The end is near, ladies!

AAM - So prodromal labor sucks, but I'm really trying to give up figuring anything out. I think there are a handful of us dealing with this right now. It is not fun. When my body and my baby decide they are ready to give birth and be born (respectively), I will somehow know and just go with it. Until then, I'm doing my best to deal with the neverending contractions and utter discomfort. I'm doing all I can to cope. I'm not timing anything, I'm trying not to pay attention to them, I'm trying to conserve my energy, to nap when I can (b/c sleeping at night is teh suck), and to overall just push any thoughts about it out of my mind.

My baby's clothes are all washed, the crib sheets and changing pad cover are washed (and are not on the crib or changing pad, b/c the cats are still climbing in and out and getting fur all over!). Chris finished the closet so I hung most of her clothes and they are SO CUTE!! Chris walked into the baby's room and saw them hanging, and I saw this look come over his face and he said softly, "Little clothes..." and my heart just melted.

It's rainy and dark out today, not sure what we'll do with the weather being so cruddy. Hope everyone has a good day though!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#9 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 12:07 PM

Woo hoo...October is almost here!!: Remember when it seemed like it would be *forever*?? We're all going to be holding sweet babies soon!

Well, I'm 38 weeks today! I feel everyone's pelvic pain for sure. Last night was about the most uncomfortable I've been this entire pregnancy. Each time I turned over I could feel my symphysis separating. I also had shooting pains down my belly. It was really awful and I was nearly in tears several times. At least I've only got 2 more weeks and some change at the most of potentially feeling this way.

In happier news...my Mother's Blessing is today!! I am so stinkin' excited! My bff has had me on the edge of my seat with all the surprises she's got up her sleeves and today I finally get to know what all the secrets are about! She's even had my m-i-l on board with all the planning, which is no small feat getting her to keep secrets from me. I'll be sure and post pics and tell you all about it later tonight.

Have a great day, mamas!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#10 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
AAM - So prodromal labor sucks, but I'm really trying to give up figuring anything out. I think there are a handful of us dealing with this right now. It is not fun. When my body and my baby decide they are ready to give birth and be born (respectively), I will somehow know and just go with it. Until then, I'm doing my best to deal with the neverending contractions and utter discomfort. I'm doing all I can to cope. I'm not timing anything, I'm trying not to pay attention to them, I'm trying to conserve my energy, to nap when I can (b/c sleeping at night is teh suck), and to overall just push any thoughts about it out of my mind.

It's rainy and dark out today, not sure what we'll do with the weather being so cruddy. Hope everyone has a good day though!
omg same here. i have just given up trying to figure it all out. its been raining all weekend here..nonstop. i wish it would just stop for 30 minutes so i could get in the hot tub. i almost had DP fill teh birth tub last night b/c i need some back pain relief (my chiro doesnt work on fridays so its been since thursday since i got adjusted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticqueen View Post
BUT I started seeing a pregnancy chiropractor last week! : Been going in for regular adjustments and got a maternity belt!

Then I went to my prenatal appointment yesterday and when the midwife tried feeling for the baby's LARGE head, she felt my pelvic bones as I said, "OUCH! CAREFUL- THEY'RE VERY TENDER" and she replied, "Um, the baby's head is completely rested on them. He's as low as he can go without coming out. Fully engaged and ready to go!"
: So I guess that's good, right? Still though, OUCH.
-Caitrin
just to warn you (not to scare you)...this LO has been engaged since the beginning of September. i guess this is where he is most comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post

Well, I'm 38 weeks today! I feel everyone's pelvic pain for sure. Last night was about the most uncomfortable I've been this entire pregnancy. Each time I turned over I could feel my symphysis separating. I also had shooting pains down my belly. It was really awful and I was nearly in tears several times. At least I've only got 2 more weeks and some change at the most of potentially feeling this way.e planning, which is no small feat getting her to keep secrets from me. I'll be sure and post pics and tell you all about it later tonight.
do you have a large pillow? thats teh only way i can sleep at night.

AAM: not much else going on w/ me. im 40 weeks tomorrow. i always felt i would have an Oct. baby even though every stupid calculator says 9.29 EDD (which is why ive hung here more). So....i guess i was right! lol!

the never ending contrax are annoying but after 5 days im just resigned i guess. i had alot of BH w/ ds3 but nothing as constant, and as intense, as these are. I have DP on DTD daily duty. Im sure most men would be happy about that but i think he's feeling a bit used! lol!

i have a MW and chiro appt. tomorrow. As far as today goes, i think i will scrub my kitchen floors again. I hired someone to help me clean the house last week but she sucked. So..i dont feel the floors are as clean as they should be.

I "may" cook more but i promised myself i was done. ill see how i feel. lol

im going to try to rest alot b/c i feel ive lost alot of sleep over worrying about these stupid contrax. so im going to try to stop doing that nnow.
#11 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
do you have a large pillow? thats teh only way i can sleep at night.
I do. I sleep with one of those big, ridiculous snoogle pillows, a boppy pg wedge, and a whole crop of regular bed pillows. Unfortunately I don't think any amount of propping will make it better. Its one of the downfalls of having had big babes. Sigh.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#12 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that everyone is so uncomfortable.
#13 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 01:22 PM

Yay!!! October here we come. Carrie and Caitrin- That sucks about being uncomfortable. You can add me to that club as well.

Baby is officially dropped deep into my pelvis. I could feel the head when I checked my cervix at 0430 this morning. Dh took me out on a date last night to a New Mexican/Tex Mex place and I had contractions all through dinner and at home. I managed to sleep from about 1-4, but then was up with diarrhea and vomitting. LAME.

So... I'm taking it easy today (again). I might go to the knit shop for help with finishing this babe's sweater or I might just lay in bed "trying" to sleep some more.
#14 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 PM

Changed - BLECH! Sorry about the way the babe is wedged. Unfortunately, I had that with DS and you have my COMPLETE sympathies. That is not something I would wish on anyone.

Celticqueen - YAY for chiropractic care! I'm glad it's making you a bit more comfortable, every little bit helps.

nccrunchymama - LOL at your DH! Why is it that it takes them almost the entire 9 months to realize, hey, a BABY is going to be here!

Fireflyforever - WOW - lots of birthdays in a short span of time. You brave, brave mama! So happy for you that your hard work in the kitchen wasn't ruined by a power outage. That would send me over the edge (though I'm a bit jealous your DH can cook - mine just grills).

Baby_Cakes - Awwww... Your DH sounds so sweet. I think mine only cares how much everything cost. : I'm so sorry the prodromal labor just keeps continuing for you, though I will keep my fingers and toes and everything else crossed that this means you will have a very smooth and short actual labor and birth. I will, however, wish for you at least one or two decent nights sleeps before then!

birthdancedoula - I can't wait to hear how your Mother's Blessing goes today.

PassionateWriter - Sorry you're also dealing with contrax and lack of sleep, but congrats on 40 weeks! You made it (though September 30th is a great day for a birthday! ). Hope your kitchen floors get nice and clean today.

AAM: Very, VERY slowly, but surely, my arm is getting better. I didn't need to prop it up with pillows all night, I was able to sleep in some different positions than just on my back all twisted, and my hand is tingly now instead of completely numb. Still need the muscle relaxants and Tylenol, but not as often. I'm desperately hoping the pain will be much lessened by not working on a computer all day this coming week. Though I do have MAD plans for sewing! We'll see how much I can get done without overdoing it. My first projects are the crib bedding and receiving blankets. I figure those won't be too hard on me, with the exception of stuffing the bumper. I'll probably recruit DH to help me with that one!

Tomorrow will be my last day at work for at least two weeks, if not until 2009. I'm so excited to have some time off before the LO's arrival. I've been feeling some crazy nesting urges, though with as tired as I've been as well, nothing has gotten done. DH and DS did clean up the playroom like I'd asked, at least, so there's one room that's finished! I'm just dreading the bedrooms! OH! And DH even cleaned the kitchen, top to bottom. It's so pretty, I just hope it stays that way. Hard to do with an active 5 y.o. in the house.

YAY for October! We're almost there!
#15 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 01:39 PM

Yay! This thread takes me through to my EDD....but like Baby_Cakes and Passion I'm not trying to figure anything out...just going with the flow but I am definitely tired of being pregnant.

I have to up my pregnancy tea consumption because I looked down yonder and it's blueish and very tender which means I'm not having very good circulation...no big deal or cause for worry, it's just uncomfortable.

DD's birthday party was yesterday and her birthday is today (she's 4 going on 13!) I'm making a meal to take to my girlfriend who had her baby early Friday morning.

I'm a little jealous of the people who have some rainy days...I love the rain but I'm not hurrying it at this point since all I have to wear are shorts and tanks. I'm sick of them and really want to put on some different shirts.
#16 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 01:55 PM

WOOT! GETTING CLOSER! I'm so jealous of you ladies who are due in like a week, lol. But I only have 23 days left til my due date! YAY!!

I’m tired of effin contractions!!! I’ve been getting rather strong ones daily since about 25 weeks. I even cut back on my red raspberry leaf tea bc of it. And I have at least 20 a day, 30+ on days when I’m really active. I swear, these fuckers better be doing something to help my labor go by faster or at least dilate me a little before labor, lol. Last night I was on my birthing ball, rocking through those damn things. Had about 5 in 20 minutes. Then kept having them until teh moment I drifted off to sleep another 1+ hour later. GAH!!! Nothing unusual for me so I’m not freaking out, but it’s still rather aggravating, lol.

Wonder if I’ll make it to my due date??

As for you other ladies, so sorry to hear you're uncomfortable. ((hugs)) Hope ya'll get some relief!! Wishing you that are due shortly lots of luck and sending lots of labor dust yor way (unless you don't want it, lol). Hope to be hearing lots of birth stories soon!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#17 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 02:02 PM

Hey ladies! It's so nice to hear everyones updates. I can't believe we are so close to October. This is thrilling me.

I'm really having mixed feelings about birth being so close. Though I'm not due for another 3 weeks, I'm so scared of going into November. My first son was so late...it was like the baby who would never come. And it just ended in a c-section. I'm a little worried about not having this baby in the next 3-4 weeks. I'm beginning to hurt so bad that I want to cry. NOW I officially can't sleep. As soon as I fall asleep I have to pee :. I usually sleep most of the day because I can't at night. When I do sleep for awhile, its on my sides and I wake up with HORRIBLE shoulder pain. My whole body is uncomfortable and really REALLY just hurts. Constipation leads to pain...gas...but still after days of waiting...prune juice...I get nothing. I just feel big and as fragile as an old lady.

I'm so sorry to rant ladies...I guess it's because I just woke up and my body hurts again. But I can't wait to see my LO. I think that seeing his sweet face will make me smile again.
#18 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 02:07 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of everyone's discomforts! s I'll try to share some feel-good vibes. : At least it's the end and we will NOT be pg forever! There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Nothing new here. I was going to do my belly cast this weekend but after taking my navel ring out for maternity pics on Thurs and putting it back in, it's SUPER sore and really irritated. Not sure why. I'm going to get a couple things to clean it with today (same things they had me use when it was pierced) so hopefully it'll heal quickly.
#19 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 02:32 PM

36 weeks today for me! And my birthday is Oct. 1 so yay!
I'm doing great except for PUPPPS which sucks, but oh well, can't do much about it, except clip my nails and try not to scratch!
I'm getting super excited for him to be here!
Drew and I did more tie dying this weekend-shirts, diapers and prefolds. Planning to do the belly cast next weekend.
I hope everyone who's feeling bad starts feeling better soon-or has their baby!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#20 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 02:43 PM

Congratulations to all you mamas!!!! ALMOST October!!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#21 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Yay! Almost October!

I have to say, for the first pregnancy ever for me, I'm ready for labor to begin. I'm ready to be "done". I just want to get things over with and have baby outside and end this mystery stuff.

I'm also seeing my bp creep up so that's part of it. Worry about being induced. I do not want an induction and want to do whatever I can to keep my bp down!

Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.
#22 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 03:08 PM

OMG it's almost October! I'm really hoping Calla waits until October to make her debut.

BIG s to the mamas who aren't feeling well today. As Baby_Cakes pointed out, we are all getting closer, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflyforever View Post
Yay ... actually caught this thread early

Well ... I hit 38 weeks tomorrow. The home renovations are finally as complete as they're gonna be before baby arrives ... hurrah for no saws in my dining room
Good for you! I know that's a good feeling. Here's hoping your LO waits until your labor support is back in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Chris finished the closet so I hung most of her clothes and they are SO CUTE!! Chris walked into the baby's room and saw them hanging, and I saw this look come over his face and he said softly, "Little clothes..." and my heart just melted.
Aww. How sweet.

birthdancedoula: Looking forward to hearing all about your Mother's Blessing. Enjoy the day!

Congrats on your last day at work, JMarie!

Happy Birthday (early), Dahlea! October birthdays are the best! :

AAM:
It's been a very nice weekend. I think DH must be anxious to meet the baby, because he's been extra frisky lately (hubba hubba). Maybe he's just trying to get a lot of lovin' in before the baby comes.

I am 38 weeks tomorrow and almost guilty to admit that I'm still feeling good. Hope I don't jinx myself! I am definitely moving v e r y s l o w l y now, though! And I have that pregnant lady waddle going on for sure now, too.

I'm about to waddle my way to the theater to see a matinee. We're going to do another belly cast this evening (I think) and we're going to go listen to some gypsy music at the park in our neighborhood. Other than that, we have to address my thank you cards (thanks for your advice btw Tara - I went ahead and managed to write them by hand, but you were right that my friends and family would understand either way).

I hope everyone has a really great week. Feel better ladies! And I'm looking forward to more birth announcements soon!
#23 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
I do. I sleep with one of those big, ridiculous snoogle pillows, a boppy pg wedge, and a whole crop of regular bed pillows. Unfortunately I don't think any amount of propping will make it better. Its one of the downfalls of having had big babes. Sigh.
s. i have pretty big babies too but am not dealing w/ the amount of discomfort you are. I hope things get better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
Yay! This thread takes me through to my EDD....but like Baby_Cakes and Passion I'm not trying to figure anything out...just going with the flow but I am definitely tired of being pregnant.

I have to up my pregnancy tea consumption because I looked down yonder and it's blueish and very tender which means I'm not having very good circulation...no big deal or cause for worry, it's just uncomfortable.

DD's birthday party was yesterday and her birthday is today (she's 4 going on 13!) I'm making a meal to take to my girlfriend who had her baby early Friday morning.

I'm a little jealous of the people who have some rainy days...I love the rain but I'm not hurrying it at this point since all I have to wear are shorts and tanks. I'm sick of them and really want to put on some different shirts.
oh so much i want to say about this! lol!

im trying to be optimistic and not upset at teh constant contrax. im trying to love them and embrace them. easier said than done sometimes. i never know if i should "start" writing my birth story b/c this could be it or not. lol! and my appetite. omg im eating enough fro 10 right now. lol

ok, tell me about it "looking blue down there" what does that mean?

happy bday to your DD!

rain rain go visit birthdancedoula and get away from my hot tub!!!
#24 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Oh my. I think I just lost my plug. It was gross. Wonder if that means anything...
#25 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
im trying to be optimistic and not upset at teh constant contrax. im trying to love them and embrace them. easier said than done sometimes. i never know if i should "start" writing my birth story b/c this could be it or not.
I had this same thought in the shower today, that I should probably journal this. It would be therapeutic to say the least to put this all down in writing to reflect on it later.

I too am trying to be "happy" that my body is working. I wonder if I would be disappointed if I were 39 weeks and not feeling anything. Knowing me, I would be.

MIL is on her way over to drop off more clothes for the baby! I swear, she is going to be one well-dressed little girl!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#26 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 05:32 PM

Lots of hugs to everyone who feels uncomfortable. We're almost there!!!

Happy birthday to Dahlea while I rmember, lol...

I'm actually feeling ridiculously good these days. Tired and slow, with bad heartburn, but I'm not achey liek a lot of others are. It's actually kind of making me feel like I'll be pregnant forever, because this doesn't feel like the end.

On the other hand, I'm with Carrie and everyone else on the prodromal labor thing. It's frustrating me to pieces. For example, yesterday I had contractions all day about 15-20 minutes apart. DH and I dtd yesterday evening, and the contractions picked up to be more intense and every 8 minutes for several hours... but as soon as I went to bed, nothing. : Woke up a few times during the night from contractions but they were very spaced apart, and today there's been next to no action. I thought I'd really enjoy the anticipation of wondering when I'll go into labor (I was induced w/ds) but these practice sessions are leaving me grouchy. I have to try not to get excited about the possibility of meeting this LO right away. There's plenty of time to go, really, I'm 38 weeks tomorrow - but I feel liek someone is playing games with me. Everything is ready, I pace the house looking for things to clean but I've done it all, so all I can do is sit around and wait and wonder. I'm not too good at that.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#27 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Well, that was exciting. It seemed like I was losing it and then it all stopped. No blood so I guess that means a whole lot of nothing. 2 days away from October- I sure hope this kid waits. It would totally bite to get this close to October and just barely miss it. I've been saying all along that I'd be furious if he came on the 30th. What was I thinking even saying that out loud!?
#28 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 05:36 PM

^Sending you stay put vibes for a couple more days.

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#29 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 PM

Hey there, ladies! We're all in this waiting game together! I thought for sure I'd have the baby around the 20th of Sept, but I'm still here! I had some early labor signs on Thursday, but nothing big since then. My due date is Wednesday!!! Woo-hoo! I'm almost 40 weeks pregnant already! Of course, my babies come late, so I'll be waiting a while longer perhaps.

Changed - my best friend is Jewish and told me that Sept. 30 is the Jewish New Year that represents forgiveness and a new start. So if you "domino" on that day at least it is beautifully significant world-wide

Hang in there ladies!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#30 of 120 Old 09-28-2008, 06:17 PM

Putting it out there in the universe is tempting fate, changed! I cross posted with you before and missed what you said! OMG stay put (at least) 2 more days, little man!

On the other hand I wish my plug would just dislodge itself. I can feel it when I check myself. I'm like 1 cm and wiggle room, and I can feel the damn thing in there. SO frustrating. I have a mw appointment on Tuesday and I'm going to ask her to check me to see if I'm effacing anymore. Dilation isn't my friend right now, which I heard is normal for 1st time moms.

Faerie - b/c I'm going through the same thing. Though my ctx are sometimes 4-5 min apart, then just crampy, then like 10 min apart. Then back pain. Then 1-2 min apart. And they HURT. So you can see why I stopped timing them. They are playing with my mind. I figure, once the real thing starts, it's not like I'm not going to realize. Try to ignore them the best you can, it's the only advice I have right now. I'm also so bored that I walk around looking for things to clean or straighten, realize there's nothing, and then come back online. Nothing new, go to the fridge. Nothing to eat, watch TV. Nothing on, sit on my ball. Repeat.

I actually just went out with DH to Petco and got catnip bubbles for my cats. Maybe once they wake up they'll want to play and entertain me?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page