We did the trial run with the birth pool today.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live in a tiny place in London, so it took up almost the entire living room, but it's wonderful. It wasn't hard to set up, took DH about 40 min (not bad for the first time!) and as soon as I climbed in I knew that it was right.

I took today and tomorrow off work so I could concentrate on getting ready, and I am just starting to feel like we are there. The house isn't done, we only just moved in a little over a week ago, but it's done enough.

Tomorrow I'll build my labor playlists, put everything we want aside so we can find it easily, and gather my thoughts.

I give this baby full permission to come Wednesday or anytime after.

#2 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 03:33 PM

Exciting! : We need to do our trial run tonight. The pool is set up but we need to fill it and drain it so we (DH) know what we're doing when I'm in labor... likely won't be any extra time to mess around once labor starts.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#3 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 05:46 PM

How exciting! We're still waiting on a mama who was due on the 2nd to have her babe before we get my mw's pool. I hope your next couple of days of baby prep go well for you so you can feel settled and ready!!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#4 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 PM

How exciting!!!
#5 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 PM

Did you do a full trial run?? Blow up and fill too?? I can't stomach wasting the water since we're in a desert, but I did blow it up and jump in it... empty.

What kind did you get?
#6 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Did you do a full trial run?? Blow up and fill too?? I can't stomach wasting the water since we're in a desert, but I did blow it up and jump in it... empty.
We filled it about halfway, and I stayed in for a while as it felt so nice and I didn't want to waste all that warm water. We wanted to test the hose connections and the pump for emptying the pool, and good thing we did as DH needed to run out for some plumbing thingamies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
What kind did you get?
My SIL lent me her regular sized Birth Pool in a Box. It has a built in seat, handles just where you'd want them and a padded floor. It's fantastic. Although I'd go for the smaller of the two if I were buying, as it really doesn't need to be so huge.
#7 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen_esque View Post
We filled it about halfway, and I stayed in for a while as it felt so nice and I didn't want to waste all that warm water. We wanted to test the hose connections and the pump for emptying the pool, and good thing we did as DH needed to run out for some plumbing thingamies.

My SIL lent me her regular sized Birth Pool in a Box. It has a built in seat, handles just where you'd want them and a padded floor. It's fantastic. Although I'd go for the smaller of the two if I were buying, as it really doesn't need to be so huge.
Maybe the boys can take a bath in it today. LOL That wouldn't be wasting, right?

Soudns exciting. I can't wait to have my waterbirth. Good luck to you!
#8 of 9 Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM

I loved testing ours out. So did my 2 year old, it took over a week for the room to dry out! We pulled out rubber duckies and everything, it was great fun!! Also go the big birth pool in a box with the little seat. I hope I get to use it again soon.
#9 of 9 Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM

Me too! I have a BPIAB regular size as well and I am so glad we did the trial run - it took us quite a while to get it organized. Now DH can do it no problem all on his own . I did fill it all the way. I figured I deserved a good soak since our bath tub sucks! I also spent alot of time lfoating on my front to try to turn this stubborn posterior baby...

It made things seem so much more real. I am so looking forward to this birth!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page