Daily Chit Chat - October 7 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay Tara!! Sooo excited for you! :

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#62 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM

I've been thinking of Changed as well - ELVs just in case!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#63 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM

EEEWWWW! I just got a package of free samples from similac "The gift of nutrition for your baby!" It all went straight into the trash. :Puke The only nutrition my baby needs comes from my boobies!!! I have no idea how they even got my info!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#64 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.astrid View Post
Also wanted to pitch in some ELV's to my EDD buddy! Go Tara!

And I wanted to put it out there - where's Changed today??? ELV's to her if she needs them!!
I believe she has a house guest now (maybe her mother - I can't remember exactly?), but it's really close to her due date, too. I remember her talking about 10/7 a lot, so maybe...
#65 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
EEEWWWW! I just got a package of free samples from similac "The gift of nutrition for your baby!" It all went straight into the trash. :Puke The only nutrition my baby needs comes from my boobies!!! I have no idea how they even got my info!
I crack up laughing every time anyone uses the :Puke icon. Hilarious.

Similac makes me :Puke:Puke:Puke too - I got something in the mail from them the other day as well and straight into the garbage it went.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#66 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 04:48 PM

Friggen Similac. They are awful!
#67 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 04:49 PM

ELVs to Tara and anyone else requiring them:

PW: I so hope this is it for you too.

AAM: Well, I finally feel "ready" for babe (39+1 by OV date today) although would be happy enough to wait until the weekend for a whole variety of reasons (including DH's paternity leave) - and I'm expecting to probably wait longer. I didn't have BH with either of my other two but have had them this whole trimester this time and now they're getting "ouchy" so am hoping this sweet baby is getting him or herself ready a little sooner than my previous "slow cookers"!!

Jill &heartbeat.gif the keepers of my heartheartbeat.gif : Dave, Ben (9/2002), Lucy (9/2004), (m/c 9/2007) Emma (born still on her due date and forever missed 10/2008) and Tobias (1/2010)grouphug.gif
#68 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:08 PM

Day 7 of labor here. The contractions are a pretty constant intensity - a little stronger sometimes, especially when standing, and sometimes a little weaker when lying down (though I think that has a lot to do with my relaxation, too). They are running 2-3 minutes apart right now. They are always either 2-3 minutes or 5-8 minutes apart. I am so exhausted that I don't even know what to do with myself. I lost mucous plug earlier today (second time I've lost mucous). Last night I swore that was it - the contractions felt different. It was more of a wave from the bottom to top of my uterus instead of an all over tightening. But this morning, they had gone back down to "normal."

ELVs to everyone who needs them. PW - I am definitely feeling your pain and hope you are having your little one right now!

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#69 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:13 PM

Oooooh! SOMEONE *cough cough CHANGED cough cough* just posted in Birth Announcements! :

Why do I feel sneaky posting that?

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#70 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:14 PM

Aww, thanks for thinking of me. I'll share details when I have an extra hand. :
#71 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:20 PM

oo-hoo Changed! You made it to 10/7 just like you wanted! Congratulations! :

#72 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:26 PM

Yay Changed!!: You have been on my mind a lot today...I kinda had a sneaky suspicion you were holding a babe!!! And you made it on the 7th to boot! Can't wait for the details!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#73 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I have no idea how they even got my info!
Have you ever shopped at Motherhood and given them your info? Even in you use a credit card they can get your info and sell it to various companies. I hate Motherhood for that reason.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#74 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:32 PM

I just got my free samples of Similac in the mail, too! I was planning on putting them on freecycle for those mamas who are already formula feeding.
#75 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:45 PM

I have a feeling Amazon may be up to the same nameselling game as Motherhood. I have never shopped at Motherhood, but sure have shopped at Amazon. Evil.

#76 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Yay, Changed! I'm so thrilled for you! I can't wait to hear details.

Ugh, Motherhood ticks me off with that. I refuse to give them any info at all - although I remember when I was pg with DS, the pushy cashier actually tried to tell me that I couldn't purchase the clothes without filling out my info! :

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#77 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 06:00 PM

I did shop at Motherhood! I don't remember giving them all my info... but I guess they got enough of it to sell! :

Just got back from a lovely walk in the park. It's a cool low 60's here today and I'm loving it! Helped with the hip pain immensely too.

#78 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
oo-hoo Changed! You made it to 10/7 just like you wanted! Congratulations! :
Great news! Congrats Changed!: 10/7!

I got formula in the mail from Similac, too. I shopped at Mimi/Motherhood shop in Macy's here. I also had an Amazon baby registry. I don't know where they got my info. I was very annoyed about it, too.

My OB appt went well today. She expects me to give birth "sometime this week" - she's been saying that for three weeks now, though. I'm not in a rush, but DH can't stand waiting! The baby is at +1 now, which I didn't even realize was possible without being in labor! I understand now that it's not uncommon for first-time mothers, though. I'm a bit more dilated than 3 this week, but not to 4 cm yet. Still at 75% effacement. I feel good - no complaints.

I'm off to have a look at the Birth Announcements thread...
#79 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
: so excited for you!

PW: is stuff still happening for you?
can't really say at this point. I took ds3 out w/ me to run some boring errands just to get out of the house. have a hard time walking, out of breath and having to struggle through some contrax but its 5pm and no baby yet...not even close to one. 41 weeks 1 day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
"Today will be the day. I can feel it."
"Wow, you look huge! You're even bigger than last week!"
"How in the world is that baby going to come out of there? Har har."
"Huh, all my kids were early. Maybe you need to go for a walk."
"Maybe they can induce you!"

At this point I feel like a bad mom because I don't have the energy or the patience to play with my kids the way they want me to. My CNM scheduled me for an induction on the 10th, even though I'll only be 41 weeks that day. So the rational part of me says that's too soon to resort to such a measure, but the crazy, done-being-pregnant, feeling-like-a-grumpy-hippo part says bring it on. I just hope I can stay sane a few more days.

Well, on a positive note, happy labor vibes to all who need them! I love reading all the birth stories and seeing the pics of the new kiddos.
omg those comments are going to get someone in my life punched!!! lol!

im right there w/ you on the kid front though. i just do not have hte energy to expend right now.

i agree about 41 weeks too....induction how??? i woudl try ALL natural induction methods before getting scheduled for one.

I do understand about the "sanity" issue though. its not that im not sane...im just getting a bit concerned. my MW (whom i love and wouldnt "require" anything) does recommend a biophysical profile at 42 weeks. argh!!! i do NOT want to go into a hospital so im just praying baby decides to come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
I know how you feel. DH's company just moved a major system in-house (from having a 3rd party maintain it) over the weekend. My DH is IT so it's him and his dept. co-workers (not that many!) who are handling all of the issues arising. It's major and he has been so, so busy and having to put in so many hours. I keep telling the babe to wait until his due date so things have settled down some for DH.
this is what happened to us 2 weeks ago. OMG it was so stressful. 3 weekends in a row DP was working, etc. etc. etc. Now he's working from home and I'm really feeling watched right now. Luckily, he's out replacing the car that I got hit in a few weeks ago so hopefully that will take some time and he will go for a joy ride or something!

and OMG my 2 yo just nursed down for a nap about 1/2 an hour ago. amazing!!!! that NEVER happens!! lol!
#80 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSomeday View Post
PW - I am definitely feeling your pain and hope you are having your little one right now!
we can hang together. i dont feel any progress at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Aww, thanks for thinking of me. I'll share details when I have an extra hand. :
congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedak View Post
I just got my free samples of Similac in the mail, too! I was planning on putting them on freecycle for those mamas who are already formula feeding.
either that or donate it to a women's shelter. that way you prevent Similac or anyone else from making any more $$$..if you throw it away, you dont do anything to them. OR, you could write "return to sender" on it and make them pay the return postage. yes, im just evil! lol!

Quote:
I have a feeling Amazon may be up to the same nameselling game as Motherhood. I have never shopped at Motherhood, but sure have shopped at Amazon. Evil.
ive purchased a few things from Amazon this pregnancy (not much when this is baby no. 4) and haven't gotten anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post

Ugh, Motherhood ticks me off with that. I refuse to give them any info at all - although I remember when I was pg with DS, the pushy cashier actually tried to tell me that I couldn't purchase the clothes without filling out my info! :
wow...how crazy huh??? yeh, we dont want to sell you our crap unless you give us information we can then turn around and sell? well, i typed something but realized it prob. violated the UA!! lol!
#81 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 07:11 PM

After last weeks visit with my OBs I was ready for a fight today. Turns out Dr H ( last weeks ob) was WAY off base.
Dr K ( todays OB) said everything looked GREAT baby is "good size" ( I like that term LOL) but no reason to talk induction or csection. Said see you next week or sooner He was very unconcerned about shoulder dystocia ( dr H was seeming very worried about because of the u/s size which was the SAME size this week)

I told him I would NOT go to the hospital when Dr H was on duty and I have informed my mom ( retired RN ) and sister ( ER RN manager) we would be having a home birth on any tuesdays. He laughed and said ... Dont do that just bring them along they can keep everyone in line. Dr K wasnt my top fav of the docs but after today he definatly moved up the line

I feel great for being thiis close. Mom is coming Thursday to help me clean my house top to bottom ... I love her retirement!

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#82 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post

omg those comments are going to get someone in my life punched!!! lol!

im right there w/ you on the kid front though. i just do not have hte energy to expend right now.

i agree about 41 weeks too....induction how??? i woudl try ALL natural induction methods before getting scheduled for one.

I do understand about the "sanity" issue though. its not that im not sane...im just getting a bit concerned. my MW (whom i love and wouldnt "require" anything) does recommend a biophysical profile at 42 weeks. argh!!! i do NOT want to go into a hospital so im just praying baby decides to come soon.
My understanding is they would try Cervidil or something first. I'm not too keep on that, but so far DTD, nipple stimulation, pressure points, and walking are not doing the trick. I'm actually having less contractions this week than I did last week. I have another appt. with the CNM tomorrow, so we'll see if she has any other suggestions.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#83 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a good/encouraging mw appointment. She said my cervix felt "ripe" and soft and she was able to strip my membranes!!! She also said that she really doubted I would make it through the weekend... a good guess at 40 and 5 days.

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#84 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Also wanted to pitch in some ELV's to my EDD buddy! Go Tara!

And I wanted to put it out there - where's Changed today??? ELV's to her if she needs them!!
YAY CHANGED! You made it! Congratulations!!!!

YAY TARA! ELV's!!!!

This is so freaking exciting!!!

:::

Quote:

I got that crap too! Twice! I felt bad throwing it out but whatever. They must have gotten my info from Motherhood, it's the only place I had to give my info to!

Wow, all these babies and all this labor excitement! It's so great!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#85 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 PM

I did ask my OB what they use to induce he said they start with prostaglandin gel. Sometimes that kicks in natural labor ( kind of pushes your own hormones into gear) then if needed they go to pitocin small does and see how you respond with small doses and stop when your body contracts regularly on your own then discontinue it till after you deliver then they turn it back on a small dose to help your uterus contract.

I think some OB do it different but thats what mine do ( as of today)

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#86 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 09:44 PM

I'm a rather dull girl and have nothing to update on, lol. No baby or course . Today is day 4 of feeling nauseous, but I'm not getting sick... odd. Been feeling pressure down stairs, having more ctx (as usual), and a few times I've had to stop and bend over bc I get this sudden urge to and literally can't stand up straight without it being intensely uncomfortable. Those things are making me think "Maybe sometime soon" but I'm desperately trying to not get my hopes up because I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible and I know that if I start thinking "She's coming soon" I will be completely miserable if she decides to do like my son did and come almost a week late, lmao.

Still in the process of reading everything, but wanted to say to Tara: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#87 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 PM

DH and I started perineal massage today...very weird and uncomfortable...who here did it, and was it truly helpful in the long run? I'm sure it is, it's just so....weird!
#88 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 PM

Rather boring here, too. My due date is tomorrow, so of course I'm anxious to have the baby! I've felt "different" for the past couple of days, with way more energy than usual, lots of BH and pelvic pressure and a huge appetite. Now today I have NO appetite and am having a ton of really tight BH that don't hurt at all, they're just uncomfortable. It also feels like the baby is trying to push its own way out, both through my lower belly and my cervix. I just feel *weird,* so hopefully this is the beginning.... :

Enjoy your evening, and : to everyone!

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
#89 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 PM

Congrats to Changed on the baby

And I hope no news is good news from Tara! I hope she's holding a sweet baby now

I had a great day today, after being a bit whiney early on, we drove to Ikea and had a nice time, lots of walking, looking at toys and playing with them.. we had a nice little dinner there, too. And Colin got a few things On the way home I was feeling weepy thinking about our little family of 3 that will no longer be. The last couple of days cuddling and napping with ds I've been feeling sad that we probably won't be able to take naps together or just lay down and cuddle like we do now once the baby is here. And feeling guilty about feeling so impatient waiting for this baby.. like he's not enough And now, for the first time I think, I'm wondering how things will be and worried about how Colin will be affected. The rational side of my knows it'll all work out, he's certainly not the first little one to get a sibling.. but still I'm worried and emotional about it.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#90 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedak View Post
DH and I started perineal massage today...very weird and uncomfortable...who here did it, and was it truly helpful in the long run? I'm sure it is, it's just so....weird!
I've actually heard that it's not helpful and can weaken the tissue. I didn't do it with ds, and won't do it now.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page