Daily Chit Chat - October 7 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that had to be the real thing for Tara because she hasn't posted anything else has she?? YAAAYYY ---babies babies everywhere!!! Me next please!!!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 94 Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina~mom2be View Post
that had to be the real thing for Tara because she hasn't posted anything else has she?? YAAAYYY ---babies babies everywhere!!! Me next please!!!!!
No, no.. me next!!

I'm slightly jealous, Tara and I share a due date..

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#93 of 94 Old 10-08-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
i love Laurie Berkner too....have you tried They Must Be Giants?? there is a great CD / DVD combo that is called 1,2,3 i think..its just as fun. (not as fun as listening to our own music but most "kid" music drives me insane! lol!
Oh yeah, we like them too. DS' favorite song is the "Never go to work" one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
At this point I feel like a bad mom because I don't have the energy or the patience to play with my kids the way they want me to. My CNM scheduled me for an induction on the 10th, even though I'll only be 41 weeks that day. So the rational part of me says that's too soon to resort to such a measure, but the crazy, done-being-pregnant, feeling-like-a-grumpy-hippo part says bring it on. I just hope I can stay sane a few more days.
Here's hoping you go before you feel the need to resort to an induction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Aww, thanks for thinking of me. I'll share details when I have an extra hand. :
Congratulations, now I'm off to check out your announcement! :
#94 of 94 Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
I did ask my OB what they use to induce he said they start with prostaglandin gel. Sometimes that kicks in natural labor ( kind of pushes your own hormones into gear) then if needed they go to pitocin small does and see how you respond with small doses and stop when your body contracts regularly on your own then discontinue it till after you deliver then they turn it back on a small dose to help your uterus contract.

I think some OB do it different but thats what mine do ( as of today)
Thanks for the info. I have an appt first thing tomorrow, so I can find out for sure what the procedure would be. I don't think I would really do it at only 41 weeks, I just have moments of weakness when it starts sounding like a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysunshine View Post
Here's hoping you go before you feel the need to resort to an induction.
Thank you. I'm feeling much more positive tonight. I've just been on quite an emotional rollercoaster--one day I feel great and know things will happen in due time, and the next I have a hard time with self-doubt and feeling so unlike my usual, active self.

I'm so thankful to have this community to share experiences with--it really helps!

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page