Daily Chit Chat - October 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow! this is the ONLY time ive been able to start a chat thread!!!

i woke up with contrax today. they havent woken me up before but that is wht happened w/ ds3 so we shall see.

hope everyone had a good night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 07:09 AM

Oooh, someone else is up! It's 3 am here and I've got terrible lower back and hip pain that has driven me out of bed. I can only stand being on the birth ball, so here I am! I got some really serious sensations after DTD last night that have turned into this - no contractions anymore though.

I'm pulling for you PW! Come on baby!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#3 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

yep, up but not nearly as early as you. i think i woke up around 4:30.

i started knitting a hat! lol! i need to do something other than sit here online! lol
#4 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM

Woot PW I hope this is it for you!

Another day yesterday of contractions throughout the day, 5-7 min apart, tons of pelvic pressure... all to fade away to nothing by yesterday evening. Hard to believe this could continue for weeks yet. I wish it would give me a break because it's starting to really becomign exhausting. Yesterday I had to lay down for TWO naps lol...

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#5 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM

Sigh. My midwife just called because she had to cancel my appointment today, she's been at another mama's hosue all night and the baby hasn't been born yet. I'm excited for that mama but now I'm bummed because I was looking forward to a reason to get out of the house!

Anyway, everyone share some ELVs for this mama! Sounds like it's been a long night for her so far but she's doing well.

#6 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 08:47 AM

I'm on pins and needles here...my friend is getting her c-section as I type and I'm just waiting for her phone call to find out if it is a boy or girl! Can't wait. This will be my third "We just had a baby" phone call in three days...I'm really happy for all my friends but why oh why can't it be me?!?!

I have an OB appointment tomorrow and she is doing an internal...I'm hoping she is a bit rough and will 'stir' things up down there!
#7 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM

PW - hope this may be it!

AL - sorry about the lost sleep, make sure you get some napping in today

Faerie I know how you feel about cancelled appts. and wanting to get out of the house. It's so nice to have *something* to distract you at this point

Orion - let us know what your friend has!! And maybe your appt. tomorrow will get that little monkey climbing down s

AAM I'm here, had weird sleep last night. I slept really hard (right through the alarm this morning ) but don't feel rested at all. My bh's have picked a ton over the weekend. I haven't really minded yet as they haven't bothered my sleep. DH is funny though. He keeps asking "do you have something to tell me???" - he sees my close my eyes/get that faraway look when I relax through them (they're strong now!). I keep telling him when I can't sleep through them, then I'll start to wonder if something is up...

We finally ordered our carseat yesterday though... so this babe can't come for about 3 days when the Fedex carrier drops it off! We'd been waiting b/c it was highly likely DH's work would give it to us, but they had to push our shower back due to a big project. So we went ahead and ordered the seat to have it.

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself since I'm waiting on a late Oct. baby and I keep seeing all these baby arrival threads! I want to meet my baby! But I keep thinking that I still have things to do so I'm content to wait. I just hope my body is working efficiently with all these bh's and I'm getting soft and open now so birthing is smooth and easy

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#8 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 09:39 AM

Early start today ladies! I think we've all just quit sleeping for the most part.

Today is my wedding anniversary! DH made reservations for our fave fancy Italian restaurant so I'm really looking forward to that. Too bad I can't have wine! : Oh well.

I was up a lot through the night too with ctx. (: to those of you hoping for labor to come of yours!!!) Nothing painful but my uterus got tight/uncomfortable enough that it woke me up needing to pee and I've had some back pain with it along with pressure in my bottom. I really don't think it's anything but I've never had BH's last all night long (still happening now and it's 7:30am). I got up because I couldn't stay comfortable in bed and thought I'd try eating something and see what happens. I did lose a few pieces of my plug yesterday afternoon/evening and had a little blood with more plug this morning.

A gal in our Bradley class went into labor yesterday and is due 3 days after us. I emailed DH to tell him and his response was, "Damn! Isn't it our turn yet?!!? I want mine!"
#9 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM

My friend just had a healthy baby GIRL!!! : It was so fun being pregnant together because we are both having our third. I'm just so happy for her right now!!!
#10 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Happy anniversary, Tara!

Seems like today is not the day for my plans to work out. After my appointment was canceled, I called my mom this morning - she was planning on leaving her place about 6 am to make the ten hour drive down here. Would you believe, her car was working when she moved it to load things up, but then 20 minutes later she went to leave and it was dead. This is after she was supposed to leave yesterday morning, but had to spend the day getting her husband's brakes fixed on his truck because they went out on him late Sunday night. It feels like one of those WTF moments where you dont know whether to laugh it off or cry.... Mainly because she was supposed to spend 2 full weeks with me and because he fired someone else at work, her boss is requiring that she make it back by the 17th no matter when she leaves.

Top it off, DH just called and now he'll be going straight from today's 24 hour shift to another job that will last most of tomorrow. We need the money, so that's great... I'm just a whiney, clingy, lonely pg woman.

#11 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionbelt View Post
My friend just had a healthy baby GIRL!!! : It was so fun being pregnant together because we are both having our third. I'm just so happy for her right now!!!
Yay, congrats to her! :

#12 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 AM

Still here, still pregnant. Can't do a real reply, 'cause I gotta go to work. BAH! I'm seriously debating pulling out the 9-months-pregnant card and asking to leave early. I *never* ask to leave early, I usually stay late! I think being uncomfortable is adversly affecting my work ethic.
#13 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 AM

Good morning! I slept late - what a little luxury. DH isn't going to work until after our pre-natal appt at 10:30, so we didn't have to get up. There was a little thunderstorm lulling us back to sleep, too.

I'm patient for Calla to come whenever she's ready, but DH has suddenly become very impatient. Last night he took me out to a Japanese restaurant and insisted I eat the spiciest (cooked) roll, the FIRE roll, on the menu. Then he wanted to take a walk after we got home. He was quite amorous at bedtime, too! I told him I knew what he was up to, and he wouldn't deny it. He can't wait to meet our baby girl.

PW: Good luck!
Amber: I hope your back and hip pain improves soon.
Faerieshadow: I hope your mom gets there to be with you soon. Sounds like you are having one of those days already. Hope it gets better.
Orionbelt: That's great for your friend. I'm sure you'll get your turn soon!!!
skrimpy: Sounds like you're having some pretty intense BHs. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not getting you ready for smooth sailing when babytime comes around.
Tara: Happy Anniversary!
lee: If you're not feeling well, you need to be resting instead of working! I insist.
#14 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM

How quickly should BH's settle down if you're doing things to get them to chill (to see if it's early labor or actually BH's)? I've been having them all night long and they haven't stopped now that I'm up. I've eaten breakfast, done a bunch of cleaning, and changed positions a few times. I'm getting ready to drink a big glass of water.
#15 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Hi Everyone!

Tara, Happy Anniversary - mine was last week, 9/29. We went to our fave restaurant too ... It was sort of a bummer not to have a glass of wine, its true! I've other friends who are pregnant who would totally have a glass esp. this far along in pregnancy, but I felt weird ordering one & didn't really think it would be such a good idea. ANyway! Have a wonderful night!

PW - Hope this is it! How exciting!
Amber - I'm really sorry the hip pain is keeping you up like that. How crappy. Hope its better today. I know my sciatic pain is often worse at night and then I wake up and its gone... until I try to sleep again! grrr.
Faerie - sorry this day is such a bust. I hope your mom gets there soon!
Lee - Leave early!! I just had a 9 months pregnant talk with my boss - and now I'm working from home two days a week and leaving at 4pm to avoid rush hour on the subway when I'm there... It feels amazing to have that time - so much healthier.

Wow, it feels so good to know that there are so many other pregnant women having sleepless nights and that I'm not the only one!

I'm 37 weeks this week and I know this little one needs to cook a bit longer, but I am so anxious to hold this baby in my arms! And my DH is just like all the others mentioned above - soooo impatient at this point. He's basically done with the whole pregnancy thing.
(I guess I'm done with it too, although there is a part of me that kind of likes this last month in a weird way)

Anyway, have a good day all & I can't wait to check in later to hear about all the babies that have been born. :

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#16 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
How quickly should BH's settle down if you're doing things to get them to chill (to see if it's early labor or actually BH's)? I've been having them all night long and they haven't stopped now that I'm up. I've eaten breakfast, done a bunch of cleaning, and changed positions a few times. I'm getting ready to drink a big glass of water.
My BH have always tended to settle down within an hour or so of changing activity, although for me it was always having to go from being active to resting to get them to stop. My method of making BH stop or slow down was always to take a bath and then relax on the couch and drink water. In fact that's been my method of determining whether I'm just in prodromal labor or starting the real thing - if I lay down and relax and it slows down, I know it's another day of "preparation".

But if you had some bloody show this could be it? Keep us updated!

#17 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 AM

^Thanks for the info! Normally my BH's come with increased acivity and I have to rest to get them to go away too but I've been having them all night and woke up with them at 6am and couldn't go back to sleep. I finally got up at 7:30 thinking I should change something to see if they'd slow down and that was over an hour and a half ago. My doula just texted me and she thinks what I'm describing sounds more promising of labor coming soon than things stopping. : We have anniversary plans for tonight!!! Can't this wait until tomorrow?!
#18 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:13 AM

What a chatty bunch already......sorry for those who can't sleep. I've been doing ok with the sleep dept. here, thank goodness!

As always, ELV's to those who need them!!

Happy Anniversary Tara! Sounds like it may be the start of something...hmmm?? I"d try a warm bath and drink lots of water. Take a walk later see if that helps to change things. It could also be a "practice run", it's hard to ignore ctx when they keep coming.

AAM: nothing happening here, nor do I expect it anytime soon...sigh.....I've just settled that I'll go to 40 weeks, if not over, so I'm ok now. Nothing else going on, it was chilly this a.m. when taking the kids to school....Fall is def. here!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#19 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Tara, happy anniversary!

This is the first time I'm participating in one of these chat threads!! I'm also late Oct and am getting a little impatient - only because my midwife is going out of town 3 days before my EDD and coming back on my EDD! I truly love her and want her at my birth, not her backup. So I want this kid out before then, if at all possible!

I'm also here with the sleepless nights - ugh!
#20 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Well if you want to hold off for a day I'll gladly take those promising signs of labor, lol...

Maybe Hufflette wants to be an anniversary gift?

#21 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 AM

^Haha! That very well could be true! I've decided to use that nifty online software (I don't remember who posted that...Maryann maybe?) to time ctx. So, we'll see.
#22 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Tara this sounds exciting... !

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#23 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM

Good morning, ladies! Another night of terrible sleep, but I had to get up for DS's parent-teacher conference before school. He's doing wonderfully and is well ahead of his peers academically. Socially, he's still very much a kindergartener, so we're hopefully going to work on some of his behaviors that seem to pop up when he's bored in class. Unfortunately, that seems to be quite often.

I'm so sleepy. I've been having a ton of BH contrax every day, all day, all night. Baby Girl is still moving around quite a bit, so there's no concern there. But the stuffy sinuses and whole arm issue can just go away any time now. Really. Afrin has been a life-saver the last two nights. It's so nice to breathe, I just wish it would also let me get more than two hours of sleep in a row. Three or four would be better, thanks.

I have tons to do today. I want to get all the dipes washed and finish up the crib bedding and Boppy cover. DH is helping me box up all of DS's old clothes and taking them to a resale shop. Then we should have room to set up the Amby in our bedroom, and all should be good to go! We're planning to paint the kids' room this weekend, so fingers crossed this LO doesn't make her arrival before then. Maybe if I stay super-busy today, I'll get a decent night's sleep. Here's hoping!
#24 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM

Tara~ Happy anniversary and hopefully LO decides to wait at least one more day so you can enjoy your dinner out! But if s/he decides to come today, what an anniversary gift, huh?

Good luck to all the mamas in potential labor! :

AAM: I have my 37.5 week appointment today with the mw. My home visit had to be pushed back to next week due to scheduling issues since we need a 3 hour block of her time (1 hour drive each way, plus appt). Since my sister got into town last night, I'm taking the kiddos over to my mom's house to hang with her and I'm going to my appt all by myself. Just think, for 2 hours I'll get to listen to whatever music I want (ie NOT Laurie Berkner, who as much as I like her for kid's music, is getting old!) and as loud as I want!

I think I decided to clean the oven myself on Thursday and I'll just have my sister keep an eye on the kids at my home while I do it. I would feel too bad asking her to clean it since it's pretty bad (grease on the door mainly, yuck). Hopefully I'll get to clean the carpets while she's here then too!
#25 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post

I have tons to do today. I want to get all the dipes washed and finish up the crib bedding and Boppy cover.
Ack! I almost forgot I still need to wash all the dipes, thanks for the reminder. I was hoping to dye my prefolds too. Too much to do and so little time left!
#26 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM

PassionateWriter-Sorry you had a restless night of sleep! Hopefully this is the start of something for you!!

Amber Lion-I hope you were able to get a little more sleep too!

Faerieshadow- I've been taking tons of naps recently too! I just can't get enough sleep!! I'm sorry to hear your midwife had to reschedule your appointment, I know how restless you can feel when you just need to get out of the house! I'm sorry your mom isn't able to make it out today either...I've been feeling really needy lately, so I can feel your sadness

Orionbelt- Congrats to your friend :

Skrimpy- I've been sleeping like that recently too, just really really deep sleep! I've been having twinges of sadness with all of these baby announcements. I've really been feeling good, but I'm getting very excited to see Christophers face!

TaraRae82- Congratulations on your anniversary Tara! I think what you are describing sounds very promising!! Keep us updated :

lee1203-Take the leave!! I hope you have a good day!

crosscat- How nice to be able to sleep in!! I'm glad your DH is interested in getting your baby out...lol! Mine won't even touch me. He is all of a sudden afraid of hurting the baby ever since I mentioned that you can feel the baby's head through my cervix : He is so cute...but I could use some luving too

AAM Nothing really going on here. I've been having sharp shooting pains in my vajayjay and some small contractions, but not much else. I still feel to be about 3 cm, so at least I have made some progress. My house is all clean today which is a great start! DH had his day off yesterday and we cleaned everything, including shampooing the carpet! Then last night we baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! I love when he bakes with me I've been feeling very clingy lately! All I want is for him to hold me... just knowing he is there. I hate that he has to work right now...lol! Today I have to go to the store for some food...we are all out! And then I have one last appointment with our doula. But other then that I'm really feeling nest-y in terms of just bunkering out at home!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#27 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 12:13 PM

Tara, Happy Anniversary! I hope you little one holds out at least until after your nice dinner!

PW: I hope this is it for you! It seems like it should be your turn now!

Faerie: Sorry that your day is not going well. I hope your DH has some time to rest up before your labor. That's a lot of working he's doing.

lee: Definitely take off work early! It's not worth it at this point....what if you go into labor tonight, huh? You need to be rested.

Rozziemama, I know what you mean about enjoying this last part of pregnancy. The excitement is crazy! It's seriously like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid except that I don't know when it will happen

AAM: I totally feel everyone who said they are feeling needy and just want their DH to stay home from work. I got really upset this morning when he got up to work and I really wanted to stay in bed longer (he works from home some days).

I slept horribly last night. I got up to pee 5 times and woke up at least 3 other times with back pain. I managed to stay in bed for 10 hours though, so I feel like I got an ok amount of sleep.

I felt awful all day yesterday, exhausted and naseous. I was hoping that it was the start of something, but no...I actually have been having less contractions the last couple of days. Yesterday I laid on the couch all day and read and took a 3 hour nap.

I am 39 1/2 weeks now so I just keep thinking sometime in the next 2 weeks, sometime in the next 2 weeks....and that seems really managable and soon in the scheme of things.

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
#28 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 PM

My children are really testing my patience today...grrrrrr. It's been spilled milk, after poopy diaper, after crushed goldfish into the carpet...ugghhhh. It's almost like they know that I am just teetering on the edge in insanity and they want to push me over...would a 2 year old and an 18 month old really know that?!? I just so don't do well in the last few weeks of pregnancy. Oh well...not too much longer I'm sure! OK...got to run...they are painting each other with markers...at least they are the washable kind, right!
#29 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
PW - hope this may be it!
thanks! i just noticed your siggy..ill have to check that out! cool title! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscat View Post
I'm patient for Calla to come whenever she's ready, but DH has suddenly become very impatient. Last night he took me out to a Japanese restaurant and insisted I eat the spiciest (cooked) roll, the FIRE roll, on the menu. Then he wanted to take a walk after we got home. He was quite amorous at bedtime, too! I told him I knew what he was up to, and he wouldn't deny it. He can't wait to meet our baby girl.
how cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysunshine View Post
Just think, for 2 hours I'll get to listen to whatever music I want (ie NOT Laurie Berkner, who as much as I like her for kid's music, is getting old!) and as loud as I want!
i love Laurie Berkner too....have you tried They Must Be Giants?? there is a great CD / DVD combo that is called 1,2,3 i think..its just as fun. (not as fun as listening to our own music but most "kid" music drives me insane! lol!
#30 of 94 Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good morning all! I say, lets all do something special for ourselves today!!! I think dh and I are going out for lunch...I want a pedicure, but I just ripped 1/2 my big toe nail off! : Ouch! It is funny how little things like that hurt so bad!!!

I had cramps all night long... we will see what happens...

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page