Daily chit chat October 8 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'm either joining the prodromal labour ladies or I'm having this baby sooner than I thought Been contracting on and off all day and they've been 1:5 for the last couple of hours. No mucous plug that I've noted, waters still intact and I can hold a relatively sentient conversation during them ... so think it's prob prodromal.

Off to watch Heroes ... a spot of Peter Petrelli ogling is in order.

Jill &heartbeat.gif the keepers of my heartheartbeat.gif : Dave, Ben (9/2002), Lucy (9/2004), (m/c 9/2007) Emma (born still on her due date and forever missed 10/2008) and Tobias (1/2010)grouphug.gif
#32 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Oh look, another soul mate for heidirk and I. Tell ya what, wanna switch houses? I always find it easier to clean when it's not my house.
OKAY!! I LOVE cleaning others houses, lol. Just not mine I will get your bathrooms SPOTLESS! And your ovens will be gorgeous, lol.

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#33 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFanatik View Post
OKAY!! I LOVE cleaning others houses, lol. Just not mine I will get your bathrooms SPOTLESS! And your ovens will be gorgeous, lol.
YEA! Sounds great. Fair warning though, our guest bathroom is where the husbandperson bathes the dogs. I try not to pay any attention to that tub. Seriously though, why can't you be in Texas?!
#34 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM

On a slightly more serious note, I have a headache. I've had one off and on for several days now. No swelling to speak of, my blood pressure is as low as it's always been (100/70 typically) and everything else is fine. My head just hurts! I've been taking tylenol. Yeah yeah, but with me headaches go from twinges to full-out throbbing and nauseating in no time flat so I gotta do what I can to nip them in the bud. Luckily, half-doses work well for me. I'm wondering if this could be due to allergies. I've been sniffling/sneezing a little more, and I am in Texas and it is that time of year. Would y'all bother to tell your care provider about the headaches? I'm thinking that if I bust out my antihistamines (claritin - class b) it might just go away, and all will be well.

ETA: I'm relatively sure it's not dehydration, but have been upping my water intake just in case.
#35 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM

The other thing I'd suggest is eat a ton of protein and see if that helps. Otherwise, if everything else seems fine, I'd not make a special call to my CP b/c I always have had headaches. I'd do whatever you normally do (pg safe, of course ) and see if you can get it to go away. headaches suck!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#36 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 04:40 PM

I usually just lurk but thought I'd say hi... All you mamas are getting so close. I am only 36 weeks and half hoping for this one to be here this weekend (as long as she is ready) because that is when DS was born, and I have people watching me like a hawk. I don't know how I am going to handle waiting... I am already impatient and I could go another 5 weeks!

Yesterday, DS dropped a metal-edged photo frame into my La Bassine and punctured the inflatable bottom. DH repaired it last night but I was so upset and I burst into tears and DS didn't know what was going on. I rarely ever cry, I don't know that he's ever seen me cry yet.

Is anyone else having skin changes? I think things are definitely happening - I had bad skin in early pregnancy (nasty bacne lol) and this week I am starting to break out on my chin... a girl can hope, right?

My m/w checked me on Monday and I am 1.5cm, very soft, and 40-50% effaced and I'd done no walking that morning so baby was at a -3 (the head drops lower if I walk). I know that doesn't really mean anything, I could hit 4cm and stay there for 3 weeks

I then spotted red and pink CM (mostly EWCM but I've been having gluggy yellow EWCM for weeks now) for two days straight despite her being so gentle. I don't know if any of it was bloody show or not... don't quite know what to expect following a VE because I only had one with DS and then he was born less than 48 hours later. How can a bloody show be so confusing?

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#37 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

My mom is coming to help me clean tomorrow!!! I love her retirement LOL

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#38 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 05:01 PM

Bella - I've been super emotional (though luckily nothing has happened to my birth tub! ) and getting a little acne on my chin too! It's hardly anything to even notice (the acne) but after having nothing all pregnancy it surprised me. Yeah for hormones!

The bathroom is clean!!! And the laundry is doing it's thing! : Gosh, I've been so productive today!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#39 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 PM

I just got home and I've already switched the laundry. Next on my list is cleaning the bathroom, then running the vacuum through the house. Yay for walking - maybe these contractions will turn into active labor!

Fireflyforever - I hope you're going into labor and not joining us with the prodromal - good luck!!! Also, you just gotta love Heroes. garrin and I are almost done with season 2 - watched it all since IGve been laboring - and we have season 3 so far DVRed.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#40 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 05:31 PM

as a post partum mama, i'm jealous of all you pregos with clean houses b/c mine isn't clean anymore.

my bff is coming tomorrow night after work to help and told me to make her a list os stuff to do.

i did a little too much stuff yesterday (3 days pp) and ended up with some really bad cramping and reduced bleeding so i need to stay down for sure today and tomorrow.

can't wait to hear the next birth announcement. Hang in there PW...you have a history of long gestation don't you?
#41 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
as a post partum mama, i'm jealous of all you pregos with clean houses b/c mine isn't clean anymore.
Wait. So the choices are between a clean house and a baby?!?!!

*immediately stops cleaning*

Amber, good point about the protein. I haven't been doing as well as I should be, because I've just not been as interested in eating. I've also been just sitting and reading more than I usually do, so maybe eyestrain is contributing. Who knows!
#42 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarie930 View Post
Just got back from the MW appointment, and WOOHOO!!! GBS Negative!!!
:: Hooray for another GBS negative mama!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#43 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 06:18 PM

sounds like lots of cleaning and preparing going on...I need to get cleaning and decluttering.

I am feeling like crap physically because of this darn cold I am trying to get rid of. My dh and ds2 are also dealing with it so hopefully we can clear it up before baby shows up.

I got some blood work and urine work back today and everything is great....so provided my blood pressure doens't go up I am back on for a homebirth!!!

Hopefully baby shows up sometime next week while my midwife is on call.....

Tonight is LLL meeting so that will be nice to get out of the house and away from kids who are driving me bonkers!!!

That is about it for me right now.
#44 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Bella - I've been super emotional (though luckily nothing has happened to my birth tub! ) and getting a little acne on my chin too! It's hardly anything to even notice (the acne) but after having nothing all pregnancy it surprised me. Yeah for hormones!

The bathroom is clean!!! And the laundry is doing it's thing! : Gosh, I've been so productive today!

I'm getting the acne, too. After 7-8 months of perfectly clear, now I'm breaking out? I hope that's a subtle sign of impending birth. I'm sorry others have it too, but it's good to know I'm not the only one.

I haven't done much cleaning, but I did get 3 loads of laundry done and the dishwasher is running now. That's not too bad considering the complete lack of ambition I seem to have these days. Now, I need to figure out what we're having for dinner.

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08
#45 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 06:51 PM

I just scheduled my acupuncture "induction" for next Wednesday! She said to bring someone with me to drive "just in case." I don't have high hopes of it happening the first time around, but now I am feeling a little nervous! I just really want to avoid a medical induction due to my continually rising BP...
#46 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Wait. So the choices are between a clean house and a baby?!?!!

*immediately stops cleaning*
: Dude! I didn't know! I'm done... no more cleaning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
I got some blood work and urine work back today and everything is great....so provided my blood pressure doens't go up I am back on for a homebirth!!!
That's awesome news!!! Sending you low bp vibes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedak View Post
I don't have high hopes of it happening the first time around, but now I am feeling a little nervous!
Good luck!! When I've had acupuncture it's been extremely effective and I've seen it do wonders for others too! At the very least you'll get to spend some time relaxing while the needles are in! I always felt so refreshed afterwards.

#47 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 PM

Oh Stephanie sorry to hear about your fall! I'm sure your LO was well protected in your tummy. I hope you're feeling better soon.

JMarie: Happy to hear that you're GBS negative.

Em: That sounds like mucous plug to me. Very similar to how I lost/have been losing mine.

I hope the mamas who aren't feeling well today feel better soon!

Like many of you, I've been cleaning today! I have a very regimented cleaning schedule usually, but I did a lot of tomorrow's chores today. I just couldn't control myself. I also attacked the grout in our 6x6 shower. The house kind of sparkles now!

I still feel great, but I seem to get tired really quickly now. I kept having to stop cleaning and take breaks. Maybe I'm sitting on my butt too much lately? With the baby at +1, it's a bit of a challenge to move around, but I've still been going to yoga once a week and taking strolls or going shopping to walk around some.
#48 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM

i'm still preggers and need to be cleaning house too....notice I'm on the computer!!! Today has been a LONG day. I was up all night because I was too anxious to sleep hoping that the BH would pick up....then I ended up napping until noon. I haven't done much since then. I've given DD a bath, washed some diapers, put away some laundry. I REALLY need to vac our bedroom and mop all of the floors....we'll see if I get to it though!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#49 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 07:50 PM

I took a long soak this afternoon (after all that cleaning), and the baby was moving around SO MUCH that she was making waves in the tub. DH doesn't believe me, but it's true.

I'm so astonished by how strong she is now. I guess she's pretty much ready for the world.
#50 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, so I decided that I am too huge to clean... No, but I am keeping it to the basics. Oh...when will this baby come!!!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#51 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 08:07 PM

I am all for this baby coming this weekend, cause my house is clean and I know it isn't going to stay that way! It's just not possible

Off to put my laundry in the dryer and deal with all of that before DH gets home and we take a walk. I want to bring this baby down... right now it's high enough to give me heartburn yet low enough to be annoying and painful, so may as well just be one of the two, right?

Any of you 2nd (or more) time mamas have a baby who has dropped? I want this baby to drop...

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#52 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 PM

Our dining/game room is all vacuumed now. I'd forgotten how tiring vacuuming can be. You know, maybe if I did such on a regular basis instead of just when I realize I could knit a new dog from all the fur on the floor, it wouldn't take so long... hmmm...
#53 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM

Today is my due date, and the phone calls have started. My aunt has been calling every few days for the past week and a half, but I just let the calls go to voicemail. : I've also gotten lots of questions about induction - my BIL's girlfriend thought I'd for sure be having the baby today and was a bit surprised to hear otherwise! I'm in full nesting mode and have washed just about every piece of clothing and bedding we own. I'm also almost done with my PhD applications, so here's to hoping!

I'm having some maternity photos taken tonight, and I'm really excited!! We've been meaning to do them for weeks, but for various reasons it hadn't worked out - better late than never! : One of my husband's closest friends is taking them, and I know they'll be gorgeous.

I agree with previous posters about being all spacey and having an unusual amount of acne. Hopefully it means impending labor.... :

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
#54 of 54 Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 PM

Wow, it sounds like we're cleaning maniacs today. I've often thought that I'd love to do a cleaning coop with friends, and it sounds like (if we lived anywhere near each other IRL) we'd be perfect candidates for each other! I got everything (but less than I had intended) done before my friend arrived at 11 this morning. Lunch was great, and we had great conversations. (DD just added 3 : emoticons to my post while I was peeing-- not really in context, however.)
I showed her DD's school, just in case she needs to pick her up there or something while I'm in labor. DD was so happy to see this friend, and had already told her teacher all about our lunch plans. Too cute.

Something weird happened while I was cleaning today which made it clear that I need to slow down. My middle toe on my left food suddenly fell asleep and would not move. I was down on the floor, and perhaps not paying attention to what my limits were. Still, it was odd. I moved the toe with my fingers and it went right back to where it was. It didn't affect my workout after lunch, and I was able to go a mile on the treadmill, but I increased it down by 5-10 minutes, walking at a slower pace.

I'm so excited about tomorrow! I get to visit my old work to drop something off and be oohed and ahhed over, then go in for a massage, go buy something to wear at my maternity photo shoot on Friday, and then meet DH for lunch at this lovely little bistro for lunch. I've only been there once before, but I AM GOING TO GET DESSERT. I rarely order dessert out, and rarely with DH in tow, b/c he's diabetic, but this place is so good at their desserts (I've heard) that I can't wait. Moreover, since the place is all fresh, seasonal, local fare, I can't wait!

I'm almost scary ready for this baby to come, as far as finishing projects is concerned. For some reason I was deluding myself that if I put things off, the baby wouldn't come until I was done. Silly, huh? I've given up on the deep cleaning plans, however, and am saving them for my mom when she's here. I'm going to ask my dad to build me my "ultimate" compost enclosures in our garden.

I hope you all had a nice, restful day, with easy labor for those of you who who are in it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page