Who Is Still Pregnant? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still pregnant. 8 days overdue by one edd and 3 days from an "adjusted" edd. Either way, I'm growing impatient. you would think that with this being my 4th, and all the other ones being overdue that I would be handling this better. But I just want to meet this baby already. And I am tired of the phone calls...I've resorted to turning off my phone. But it's the people I see everyday, other parents at my kids' school, that are really driving me nuts. I just want to hibernate and not see anyone.
#92 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
Blech with a side of yuck sauce Changed

I don't care if it would make me into a size 4, I still couldn't eat my :
But....I should

Surely I'd have to go the encapsulation method. I can't even think about sitting in a birth tub with the afterbirth in it. This nurse is too damn squeamish.
I did half in a few smoothies and half into capsules. I haven't taken any of the capsules yet because after the smoothies, I've felt so amazing.

I don't know if many of you remember her, but I used Kundalini Mamas smoothie recipe. She was in my DDC with my 3rd child in 04.
#93 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 PM

4 days to my due date and feeling kind of sad my baby isn't here today. I need to stop sneaking over and reading the pp thread, it's just making it harder that I don't get to hold and cuddle and nurse this little one yet. First day I've felt *sadness* about it though, I've had plenty of impatience!

I'm planning on doing the encapsulation for my placenta - as a life long veggie I just can't bring myself to envision eating it as it is, even blended in a smoothie. Too meat like for me.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#94 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Encapsulating would be the only thing I could do (though I'm not.. not sure how to do it or where to get the stuff, and dh is completely opposed, which I can see his side, he's not quite as 'crunchy' as I'd like him to be ). I cannot imagine eating it. I think it's wonderful that so many do and it's wonderful for you, but personally even picture myself doing that. If I'd thought about it with enough time to prepare, I'd encapsulate, though.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#95 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 PM

Still pregnant here. 7 days until my due date.

I'm surprised at how impatient I feel. I've been telling myself this whole pregnancy that this is my first baby, so expect to be late- probably even November. (27th is my EDD) And now I just can't wait for him to get here.

I was teased with contractions on Friday night and he's felt a bit lower since then, but nothing else.

TMI WARNING!- I was loosing mucus, but since the contractions on Friday I've had large amounts of watery discharge and no mucus. I though at first my water was leaking, but my midwife didn't think so (just thought it was end of pregnancy discharge) and since I haven't had any signs of impending labor I'm inclined to agree with her.

I haven't posted much because I'm exctied for everyone having their babies, but also a bit envious and it makes me want mine RIGHT NOW. LOL. So I've been avoiding the rest of our DDC because I don't need more impatience.

But congrats to all the mamas w/ babies and for the rest of us, I am hopeing we all get to go into labor soon!!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#96 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-Lou View Post
I'm now 3 days overdue. My mom is driving me crazy, she calls twice a day to see if anything is happening. I keep telling her I'll call her as soon as I go into labor but she still calls. I'm feeling ok though but I'm anxious to meet my little girl.
OOH... I was going bonkers when I was pregnant with my son bc EVERYONE would call me... and as soon as I went overdue they called it seemed like 2 times a day each! I finally just turned teh ringer off on my phone and put a message on my answering machine saying "NO I haven't had the baby. YES everything is fine. I will call you when we have an update, until then I'm not answering the phone." My mom (not one of the "bad" people) was a little sad but she understood and now with this pregnancy NO ONE calls except my mom but she's not annoying to me, lmao! I love it! :

So put a message on your answering machine and turn off the ringer, lol... Trust me, it will save your sanity!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#97 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 02:05 PM

You're nicer than me, NDFanatik. I'm just not answering my phone, period. No message or anything. Mind, I haven't been getting too many calls (husband and I were both late so our moms know better) but still. If someone wants to get in touch with me, they know full well their best bet is email.

And I would just like to state, for the record, that if this baby with a due date of the 9th/10th ends up being a November baby then I am going to be PISSED.
#98 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

to all you mama's.

I am still pregnant too. I have 7 days until my due date but I want my baby NOW. I am just wayyyyy too excited to go through labor LOL and I so badly want to meet my baby and see what he/she looks like and whether it is a he or a she. I have been having pre-labor for about 2 weeks and it is getting really old.

TMI, but DH and I DTD last night and it felt like he was hitting something in there and it was painful. This morning when I woke up I had soooo much pressure in my bum. It hurt to go over a bump in the truck or cough, it was that bad.

I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow morning and I *may* ask her to sweep my membranes. My BP has been going up and up and I don't want to be faced with induction....which I feel is pretty imminent.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#99 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Woohooo!!! I'm 41 weeks today! Why am I celebrating?? I don't know.

My brother's birthday is the 22nd... I did not think I'd come CLOSE to his birthday. Jordan's birthday was 9/29, so I think she's just trying to space herself out a bit from her brother. LOL
#100 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 04:21 PM

I'm at 40 weeks 1 day, and I admit I've been feeling a bit impatient. Mostly I just feel confused by all the "pre-labor" happenings -- an hour or two here and there of tightening/warm-up contrax. I'm really trying to let go of expectations and just take a zen attitude about it. And I want her to pick her own birthday, although the midwife suggested scheduling an induction for around 42 weeks. It's been so long since I could tie my own shoelaces...and I have absolutely no cool-weather clothes that fit me right now. Otherwise I am fairly content. I do wish my friends & family would stop predicting which day she'll be born. It gets my hopes up! and they're always wrong.
#101 of 117 Old 10-20-2008, 06:06 PM

Sigh, 40 weeks on Friday. I'm FINALLY off of work!

I'm thinking he might come late. I was feeling all menstrual crampy all the time, but that has pretty much stopped since I stopped working. We finally set up the co-sleeper and the cats have decided that it is their new bed and scratching post
#102 of 117 Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
I haven't posted much because I'm exctied for everyone having their babies, but also a bit envious and it makes me want mine RIGHT NOW. LOL. So I've been avoiding the rest of our DDC because I don't need more impatience.
Hear, hear! I can hardly stand to read all of the wonderful posts about the new babes. I want to be able to post my own birth story, darnit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
If I hear one more person tell me to 'get active' and to walk more I'll scream!
Yes! And I just love it when my step-mom points out how much I walked in my 1st and 2nd tri. As if it is my fault that I'm huge and awkward and find it really hard to walk 3 miles a day like I use to.

I never realized how hard these last weeks would be. From the very beginning I told everyone (myself included) that I would probably go late. But now that my EDD is Wednesday, everyone has forgotten that fact. It doesn't help that my SIL had her baby (3 months ago) about 16 days early. So for the past two weeks the whole family has been questioning why I haven't had this baby yet. I have shed so many tears over this. And you don't want to know the evil that I have wished on everyone that keeps asking when am I going to have this baby.

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#103 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM

Anyone else still here?
#104 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 10:07 AM

Hi Sunshine. I'm still here. I think there are a few of us left!

I am trying REALLY hard to prepare mentally for a november babe.

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#105 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 11:01 AM

I am, but I'm really hoping to unjoin this group today! I've been having pretty intense contractions 5-10mins apart since about 7am, this last one was much more intense then any of the others. So who knows if it'll lead anywhere, I'm not counting on it just in case.. but I really hope so!

#106 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
dis

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Still here! Had some pretty good contractions last night, but they died off and haven't started again. Augh.
#107 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 AM

I'm still here too. Still no real contractions. Convinced I'll still be pg through the weekend. I have a biophysical profile scheduled for Monday and if all goes well, that buys me 3 more days to evict this little one for my homebirth, otherwise we have to entertain "other" measures.
#108 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
Still here! Had some pretty good contractions last night, but they died off and haven't started again. Augh.
ME TOO!!!

Come on babies!!!

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
#109 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 12:19 PM
dis

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieBohemian View Post
ME TOO!!!

Come on babies!!!
Mine stopped shortly after I started timing them! I was having them regularly for a while, so started timing, they were 1 minute long and 5 minutes apart, but after I started timing them I only had 3 and then they went away! So frustrating, I was sure that was it, they really felt like the real deal.

Maybe next time I just shouldn't time them!
#110 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 12:30 PM

I'm still here today too

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#111 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
I am, but I'm really hoping to unjoin this group today! I've been having pretty intense contractions 5-10mins apart since about 7am, this last one was much more intense then any of the others. So who knows if it'll lead anywhere, I'm not counting on it just in case.. but I really hope so!
Good luck! I hope she makes her debut today!

I'm 40 weeks on Saturday and very impatient. I actually had a decent nights sleep last night so I feel pretty good today. If I can't sleep, I'd rather be awake looking/nursing my baby than tossing and turning with a sore back and hips.

Sending labor vibes to everyone!!!
#112 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 PM

Am I the only one hoping to go late? : Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty miserable. I don't want to be pregnant anymore: my hips, pelvis, thighs, everything hurts!

The lady we bought the house from should be out this weekend (even though she technically has until Nov 10th)... so we should be able to start moving in next week... My 3 year old has done nothing but cry and be super clingy to me for 48 hours (okay, she is getting her last molar in)... I've been crying at the drop of a hat (totally abnormal for me)... and I've been obsessively cleaning... *sigh* I'm due in 8 days, DD came the day after her due date... Come on baby, stay put till we get in the new house, or at least wait until everything is packed :

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#113 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 01:52 PM

Well, since I'm already a week late, I'm certainly not hoping to go later. Of coures, my contractions have spread out, but are more painful when the do come. What a pita this is. :

#114 of 117 Old 10-23-2008, 04:13 PM

still here! i let OB do an internal yesterday- I'm not dilated AT ALL. but my cervix is thin. No 'feelable' contractions in a week or so, so I'm just hanging out, with a week to go. Doc says he'll want to induce at 41 weeks. eeek!
#115 of 117 Old 10-26-2008, 12:50 AM

41 weeks, that's not even out of the range of normal! (38-42 weeks is normal gestation)!

I have off and on contrax but nothing regular or steady. Still a week till my due date, though.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#116 of 117 Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 AM

I'm 41 weeks today with my third and still here. I am hoping that it won't be much longer, like the next day or so. I really, really hope that I don't make it to my next appointment on Thursday.
#117 of 117 Old 10-26-2008, 09:25 PM

40 weeks today, and still here! We're praying REALLY hard for labor to come within the next few days to avoid medical induction for ridiculously high BP. The "wheel" says I'm due on Thursday, so that's when my induction is scheduled for. I'm so depressed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page