Who Is Still Pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-16-2008, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am! I have been having prelabor since the 7th! Every night, same old, same old. The only difference is every night the contractions are a bit stronger. I keep thinking...."could this be it?", and then nope, it isn't.

How are the rest of you still pregnant mama's doing?

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 01:16 AM

I AM!! I AM!!

I'm so confused by my body... One night I had 5 hours of contractions that were 2-5 mins apart and lasted 30-60 seconds long. Then I had bloody show. Then crazy pelvic pressure like my daughter was FORCING herself into my vagina, lol. And now my cervix apparently has moved really close whereas I couldn't reach it, but all of the other things are completely gone... even the constant BH contractions I had been getting for weeks. I've given up and convinced myself I'll be pregnant forever, lol. Still got 6 days til my due date and am trying to keep my mind off of when she'll come to try and preserve my sanity, lol. I'm sure she's gonna go overdue just cause she can, lmao! Oh well... I get to enjoy my big ol' belly for a little while longer!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 AM

Me too! I'm ready to have her here just so I can stop worrying about my BP (which is probably making it even higher, I'm sure). I had acupuncture this evening to try to induce, and I've had a few contractions here and there, but nothing substantial or with any regularity. Here's to hoping it picks up throughout the night or tomorrow!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:21 AM

Still pregnant here too. I'm not experiencing much in the way of pre labor, so it could be quite a while to wait for me. I haven't started EPO yet, just keep thinking I won't need it, but perhaps I should start taking it since my body has never dilated past a 3 before.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 AM

me

not expecting to pop any time soon either. edd is the 24th. feeling more pressure below today, nothing much else going on. am trying to fight off a horrendous cold (thanks dd ) so going into labor now is not an option, i don't have the energy for that at all.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:13 AM

12 days past my due date here. Baby is quite happy where he/she is. I, on the other hand, am quite ready to have this baby. It's funny how one can WANT to go through the pain and mess of labor. Must be hormones.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 AM

I am, but I'm not due until the last day of the month

I have contrax every. single. night. for the last .... forever. I thought day before yesterday, maybe something was up cause they were actually regular and I felt like puking, but nope, never got any stronger... I'm officially dilated to 2cm and effaced. OB appt today, got checked for a yeast infection, which I have : and told him to go ahead and check me-- 2cm is what I estimated when I checked last. OB said if I hit 40 weeks and still hadn't had the babe, he'd be happy to induce me I was talking about pubic bone pain, so I know he was just trying to make me feel better, it was meant as a joke or reassurance, but still...

The kid is still OP but hasn't dropped, which is good. I need to spend more time with my butt in the air and trying to make it wiggle on over to the side. The only time I can feel a butt is when I first wake up. Wonder if kiddo will drop before I go into labor, or during labor? DD dropped at like 6 months, so I had a big ole head between my legs for the whole last trimester. This one keeps shoving it's hands over it's head and into my cervix.

Can I rant for a minute? I feel like I'm on such an emotional rollercoaster. Hard core bitch-mode.

I'm just so darned uncomfortable, and sleep deprived... the cat is driving me insane. She has been sleeping on my tummy/side part of the night while I sleep, but for the past two nights, the baby kicks so she SWATS it, with claws. ::: The cat is officially banned from the bedroom.

We are packing to move, right... Dh keeps doing brilliant things like PACKING ALL THE TOOLS IN A BOX AND SEALING IT. Yes dear, we NEED the tools, but we need them ACCESSIBLE NOW. And he put all those books in a GIANT box, so no one can pick it up, ever. And says we now have an excuse to buy a dolly *sigh*

DD is on "fall break" from preschool all week and has 2 back teeth left to fully come in. So whine, whine, whine. I feel bad for her, I really empathize, but I need some empathy, too. I can't bend down well because of the pubic pain, so she'll get mad at me and deliberately put toys or clean clothes in the floor, and tell me to pick it up. In like a snotty teenager voice. It's horrible. She is a sweetheart most of the time, but boy, when she's in a mood, she lets the world know... well, at least I know where she gets it

Oh, I'll be glad when I'm my cool mellow self again. At the same time, I'm still hoping baby will be late and we can get into our house before he/she gets here!!! (I could handle 12 days past due date... I really could... I may need crazy pills by then, but at least I wouldn't be moving with a newborn)

---feeling like an emu on acid---
Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 AM

My due date is the 16th... but there are no signs this little one is coming. I'm just taking it one day at a time, and trying not be be anxious.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:30 AM

OOh!! Me too! I'll be 39 weeks in an hour and a half I NEVER thought I'd actually be this pregnant since my first came at 37 weeks. I'm ready though. My husband heard me saying "bring it on" in the bathroom last night as I lost more and more of my MP. He said "Jenn... You're losing it." He didn't know I was losing my MP

I worked a 12 hour shift today and am hoping it's my last. If it's not then I will work next week and that will be it until I go back for goodsies.

If it weren't for the constant pre-labor and every night of intense contractions only to fizzle out when I go to bed, I'd be happy as a clam
Old 10-16-2008, 03:52 AM

i think teh October "who is left" thread is dead.... so now i get to join the Sept. "who is left" lol!

im trying to be optimistic but at this point im kind of feeling down about it all. im 42 weeks and 3 days now. I said i would not worry until 42 weeks..i would be patient and not try to rush things....well, im kind of past that point now. and not feeling great about it.

sorry to be a downer right now but i have been having constant contrax for the last 4 weeks AND this week i am nauseous and have dry heaves all the time. its like my body is TRYING to go into labor but isnt doing it. at least not yet.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:11 AM

I'm still here! And I'm jealous of all these baby announcements!

PassionateWriter -
Old 10-16-2008, 06:17 AM

I am here and sooo ready for babe's arrival....due in 4 days and will probalby go over..not happy about it..
Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 AM

Still waiting for Jacks arrival here. We have a football game ( meaning my 16yr old) I hope its exciting LOL maybe jumping and screaming will do SOMETHING. LOL my next chance would be sunday ( my labors always happen when I WANT to do something) My son's girlfriend sings at our church and she has a beautiful voice then at 230 my 4yr old has a soccer game.

IF I hold out to the 23rd all 4 of my boys will have the scoripio sign for the zodiac.... wild huh

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM

Me, too. 40 weeks tomorrow! I haven't hadn't many of the painful contractions I was having. Actually, it's been about 3 days with hardly any after two weeks of ridiculousness! Who knows what's going on!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
Old 10-16-2008, 10:16 AM

Still 100% pregnant here but not due til the 25th. Have been having braxton-hicks that get regular for a few hours most nights then settle down once I get in bed. Nothing hard to deal with. I'm expecting to be pregnant til my due date and possibly go over. Feeling pretty good except for havinga horrible day yesterday.

PW!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me too! I am due tomorrow!

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
Old 10-16-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
OOh!! Me too! I'll be 39 weeks in an hour and a half I NEVER thought I'd actually be this pregnant since my first came at 37 weeks. I'm ready though. My husband heard me saying "bring it on" in the bathroom last night as I lost more and more of my MP. He said "Jenn... You're losing it." He didn't know I was losing my MP

I worked a 12 hour shift today and am hoping it's my last. If it's not then I will work next week and that will be it until I go back for goodsies.

If it weren't for the constant pre-labor and every night of intense contractions only to fizzle out when I go to bed, I'd be happy as a clam
That's funny! I check the tp every single time and get so excited when I see mucus, as if it actually means anything!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
i think teh October "who is left" thread is dead.... so now i get to join the Sept. "who is left" lol!

im trying to be optimistic but at this point im kind of feeling down about it all. im 42 weeks and 3 days now. I said i would not worry until 42 weeks..i would be patient and not try to rush things....well, im kind of past that point now. and not feeling great about it.

sorry to be a downer right now but i have been having constant contrax for the last 4 weeks AND this week i am nauseous and have dry heaves all the time. its like my body is TRYING to go into labor but isnt doing it. at least not yet.
I've been thinking about you lately, and I know how I felt at 41wks with Colin. I cannot imagine being 42+. I do hope that your baby comes soon! I hate to be all patronizey (if it comes off like that, I hate when people say things like that to me or "you're so close!" grrr!), but you've done such a wonderful job so far! I admire you. I don't know how I'd be feeling where you are! Surely my husband would've left me by now (basing that on how terrible I am now, I'm sure he'd love to run for the hills ). I hope your little one comes today!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
I've been thinking about you lately, and I know how I felt at 41wks with Colin. I cannot imagine being 42+. I do hope that your baby comes soon! I hate to be all patronizey (if it comes off like that, I hate when people say things like that to me or "you're so close!" grrr!), but you've done such a wonderful job so far! I admire you. I don't know how I'd be feeling where you are! Surely my husband would've left me by now (basing that on how terrible I am now, I'm sure he'd love to run for the hills ). I hope your little one comes today!!!
thank you for replying. i have such a trust in birth and am so against any intervention w/o a solid medical reason, but going this far has really tested that resolve. I have struggled w/ this all week but at this point i think i have a modified view from my previous view. I think I trust birth and no interventions until 42 weeks. I think after that point, its a case by case basis and in my case, I think I may need a jump start for some reason. I have struggled w/ admitting this and w/ talking to my DP about it but as a VBA2CS (w/ one VBAC under my belt 2.9 years ago), I just feel that my body needs a bit of assistance. I am not feeling pressure from anyone to do this (certainly not my MW) but this is where I am right now and am seriously considering allowing my MW to strip my membranes today to see if it works. I have done a black/blue cohosh regime for 9 hours and last night did an enema (OMG that fraking hurt), I have done accupuncturist, I see a chiro 2-3 times a week......I have eaten eggplant and pineapple and had gobs of sex (hahaha).....I hate to succumb to my fears but I guess like I said above, my trust and faith slide at 42 weeks.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:52 AM

There is certainly a reason we have such interventions, imo. Over used now a days, but I do think some people really do need a push. And if you're feelin uncomfortable now, you should go with that. I really hope stripping your membranes helps!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

I am still here this morning I had fairly bad cramps all last evening and throughout the night off and on. Now this morning the cramps are back and I have a low backache along with stronger BH ctx. I just so want this to turn into something but I am NOT getting my hopes up.

s to all you other mama's.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 PM

Yes! I'm still very much pregnant as well. Due on the 29th.
I don't feel anything regular going on - just a little crampy.
Also, I've a really bad cold! So congested, and I'm not sleeping very well. DH thinks the babe isn't going to come until I get better.
Part of me hopes that's true because I'm afraid I won't have energy for labor.
But the other part of me doesn't care & just wants to hold my baby already!
ahhh.
Soooo jealous (& joyous, of course) of all the birth announcements.

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

Old 10-16-2008, 12:04 PM

Me too! Six days post dates now, which is pretty typical for me. I woke up this morning exhausted though, which isn't usual. We are vegatating at home today, watching TV and eating popsicles. He'll get here soon, I hope.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM

I'm still here too!! 41 weeks and 2 days BH seem to be getting a little stronger, but nothing to get excited about!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
Old 10-16-2008, 12:18 PM

Count me in. I am also 6 days past my EDD. I didn't realize the end of pregnancy was this emotionally trying.

My DH is so patient. I am not. My body has been doing prelabor like contractions since 36 weeks. That made me think I wouldn't go over like I am doing. I am going in for a non stress test this afternoon and I am going to ask if the midwife will do a membrane sweep. She may not but I think it might be the push that would actually get me out of prodromal labor and into the real thing.

Last night I had such a bad lower back ache. I have had one for over 4 weeks but this one was worse. It went away this morning though! Gah. I think my body needs a push in the right direction.

to you PW. I have a friend who went 42 weeks 2 days and she said it was really hard! I think you are doing the right thing with nudging your body. I have been researching membrane sweeps I think they are a good choice if your body is getting close to laboring. They won't force your body unless you are ready. Take care!
Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 PM

I am 40 weeks 5 days today. It's been a week and a half since I had any real prelabor. My BH in the evenings have a slight crampy edge to them but never progress to anything. I was in a terrible mood for a few days about it all, but now I am feeling better. I think my LO is LOT so I have been trying to lean forward more, but it's so hard because I am tired and just want to lounge around. I wonder if I don't go into real labor because of malpositioning? I am trying to do at least 150 pelvic rocks everyday. I think the worst part about it is not being able to see him and know that he's ok, I am constantly worried that he's not moving enough.

PW, we are all rooting for you!

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
Old 10-16-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjess View Post
I am 40 weeks 5 days today. It's been a week and a half since I had any real prelabor. My BH in the evenings have a slight crampy edge to them but never progress to anything. I was in a terrible mood for a few days about it all, but now I am feeling better. I think my LO is LOT so I have been trying to lean forward more, but it's so hard because I am tired and just want to lounge around. I wonder if I don't go into real labor because of malpositioning? I am trying to do at least 150 pelvic rocks everyday. I think the worst part about it is not being able to see him and know that he's ok, I am constantly worried that he's not moving enough.

PW, we are all rooting for you!
This is what I was thinking for me, too. There's a reason it's not turned into labor. I think it's positioning as well. I've been doing pelvic tilts in hopes of getting her where she needs to be.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 PM

I'm still here. Edd of the 27th or the 29th, depending on which doc I see. I've had NOTHING to signify labor is close. No regular ctx, no mucus plug, no blood, NOTHING!! I haven't been checked yet and can't reach my cervix, so who knows. Since I was early induced because of pre-e with dd, I am really excited to experience what going into labor all by myself feels like. But at this moment, I just feel uncomfortable. I keep telling myself that nobody ever stayed pregnant FOREVER. They all come out, one way or another!

Good luck to all of you feeling closer than me. I hope you are holding your little bundles ASAP.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 PM

Still here and not expecting babe for another week at least (due 10/25). Feeling good and just trying to get a bunch of stuff done around the house today. I need to go grocery shopping too since we have almost nothing in the house and need to be able to feed everyone here during the labor/birth. :
Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM

Me too- due in 4 days and feeling poopy. :

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

User Tag List