who are still waiting for their babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm not very good at keeping up with the longer threads and cant figure out who's **** pregnant.

i am, for one. my due date isn't officially til friday, but there are no signs that beaker is coming out any time soon. i did have a few hours of fairly strong ctx last saturday, but nothing since. i imagine i'll be going over due by a long way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 02:29 PM

Warning, super rant-y!

I am very cranky and angrily waiting. I can't believe how I'm feeling, angry! But I am. And pissed. Livid. I want to scream! If this kid isn't born in 4.5hrs I'll be later with this one then I was with my first and the pisses me off!!! I'm even 3cm & at least 50% effaced.. contractions still coming and going, and now all of them are painful, but they're not anywhere near regular. Lost even MORE mucus plug last night and this morning, and still nothing. WTF! I'm exhausted.. I'm irritable, I can't sleep well anymore. And, to top it all off, my dh is leaving in 2 weeks. So this kid still isn't hear, I feel like she never will be, it feels hopeless and I'm not even excited anymore! I'm angry because dh had to leave when Colin was 11 days old (for a shorter time then it'll be this time) and it was really difficult. I don't know what the heck I'm going to do this time with a newborn and a toddler all alone. I really was hoping she'd be at least on time so I had more time to get used to her and let ds get used to her before we were alone. So at this point, as terrible as it is to say, I'm not even looking forward to her coming. It's all going to be rushed and emotional and it's just going to suck. Then dh will leave, and it will suck even more.

Oh, and then there's the most humiliating twins commentS (plural, apparently the first 3 things he said wasn't enough so he had to keep on going) I got from some guy at the store the other day, and now I don't even want to leave my house. I'm not really in a good way lately. So now I'm going to take my cranky self and eat a snickers bar, because at this point I can't say that I give a crap about my weight!

(how's this for being whiney and immature, huh?)

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#3 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Megan, I've had those days!

I'm still pregnant and miserable today, but in a different way (see post in daily chat thread). I'm feeling really off and want my Dh home SO badly today, but he can't take time off b/c he'll have to once baby is here. And he's even getting sick, so I really want him to take time off for that too but he won't. I don't want a miserably sick Dh when I'm in labor or pp b/c he refused to take time off when he needed it! I'm thinking of spending the day watching instant viewing on netflix b/c if we had a tv, I'd be watching that. I just need mind numbing entertainment until Dh gets home; reading requires too much presence.

Due date is Friday. And if one more person tells me that "any time after Friday" works well for them, I'm going to murder them.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#4 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 03:00 PM

I just wanted to give you lots of s Megan! I cannot even imagine how much it sucks having your dh leave right after the birth! I hope your little beauty makes an appearance ASAP so her daddy can spend as much time with her (and all four of you can spend as much time together) as possible!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#5 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
I'm still pregnant and miserable today, but in a different way (see post in daily chat thread). I'm feeling really off and want my Dh home SO badly today, but he can't take time off b/c he'll have to once baby is here. And he's even getting sick, so I really want him to take time off for that too but he won't. I don't want a miserably sick Dh when I'm in labor or pp b/c he refused to take time off when he needed it! I'm thinking of spending the day watching instant viewing on netflix b/c if we had a tv, I'd be watching that. I just need mind numbing entertainment until Dh gets home; reading requires too much presence.

Due date is Friday. And if one more person tells me that "any time after Friday" works well for them, I'm going to murder them.
Can we just pretend that I posted this? Because this is basically what I was going to say. I haven't lost my plug, had real contractions, etc. at all yet but am so tired and unable to hold myself up or go anywhere anymore. Double ditto on the netflix and reading sentiments...except i can't watch netflix from bed. ugh.
#6 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM

ladies. AL I read your post in the daily thread and I'm sorry last night was so rough for you. I hope your hips feel better throughout the day today. I know how it is just wanting your DH close... I feel the same way.

I'm still waiting too - my due date is Saturday. I keep going back and forth over if I think I'll see a baby this weekend or not. Though the receptionist at DH's work is swearing up and down the baby is coming tomorrow. The kids have a Japanese lesson tomorrow though that I'd like to take them too so if I'm in labor I hope it's mild in the morning I don't expect to see the baby then. I just *don't* want him to come on the 28th because my mw *must* be out of town and I've never met her backup. The thought of a mw I've never met attending me is terrifying...

Anyways.

Megan I wanted to offer you a as well. I thought I would share that my DS1 was born when my older kids' dad was gone - in fact I had just taken him to his base on Thursday night to ship out and Friday morning I had a show...Friday night my water broke, and Saturday morning DS1 was born. It was Sunday before the Red Cross even got his dad to tell him.

At that time DD was 19 months old and it was just me to take care of DD and DS1. I had my midwives checking in often the first few days and then it was just us. The first couple of weeks were rough. Then we kind of got into a routine. We just had the same order and routine every single day. We had all our meals and snacks at the same time, nap and bedtime at the same time every day. We had a time for stories, a time to take a short walk, etc. We went to storytime at the library once a week too, once DS1 was a few weeks old.

It sounds incredibly boring really, and it sounds tough to someone on the outside - I was alone with a newborn and a 1 year old. But the 5 months I was alone with them were the happiest time for me until I married my DH and he worked to build a family with me and my kids. There were times that were so very hard but the complete simplicity of life at that point, just revolving around daily life with me and the kids, turned out to be a very nice and peaceful time for me (even though I spent a lot of time dancing with DS1 swaddled and in the sling b/c it was the only way he'd calm down! - DD loved to dance while I did)

So I just wanted to share my experience, even though I know my situation and yours are different and you have different things going on for you - that it can be a good time, and in some ways it's very nice to be able to just grow your relationship with your newborn and your older LO...and not have to worry so much about the needs of another adult.

and remember we are here to support you, at least in words, while you work through this time in your life!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#7 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 05:49 PM
mbm

I'm due next Sunday, 3 cm/80% as of Monday, lost mucus a couple days ago. Doctor claims I will likely not make it to my next Monday appointment.

So, um, where are the contractions already? Any contractions would be fine, just to feel like I'm going in the right direction...
#8 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 06:24 PM

I'm still here too!

so sorry Megan -- here's hoping your little one comes very very soon!

I would LOVE my baby to be born tonight as well. Absolutely no sign whatsoever that this babe is coming any time soon.

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#9 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM

No signs here either... but I still have about 2 weeks. I wouldn't be feeling this way if I wasn't already 2 weeks further than I was when I had DS, though.

for all of you mamas.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#10 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 11:15 PM

I am still waiting. I had a day of really hard contractions last Thursday that turned out to be irritated uterus from my recurring kidney problem that was flaring up yet again. ooooh, painful. I was somewhat freaked out because labor with DS was MUCH different and I wasn't liking all the pain on Thursday!

And on Monday, I had a biophysical profile because my fundal height hasn't changed for over a month and with my MTHFR, my midwife was concerned that my placenta might be crapping out, but everything looked super, so yay.

Now I've had contractions every 15 minutes or so since Monday but they don't seem to really be turning into much.

Unlike many women, though, I adore late pregnancy. yes, my hips hurt when I lay down and it's a production to get out of bed, and I'd love to be able to carry things on my front again, blah blah, but I really do enjoy late pregnancy. I think that's why DS came at 41.5 weeks.

Potential hiccup = I will be 40 weeks on Sunday, and the perinatologist we've been consulting with will want to induce me due to the MTHFR. My midwife is going to chat with her about our options at this point and we'll worry about it next week. When baby turned breech, I promised him/her I'd let go of my concern about that 40 week deadline and let him/her come when he/she was ready. I've been really good about NOT pressuring the baby to come out earlier than he/she is ready, but I am nervous about what next week might hold for me.
#11 of 27 Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 PM

Still VERY pregnant here. I just got off my third 12 hour shift in a row and am SERIOUSLY hoping it's my last shift. My EDD is tommorrow and eviction day is the 30th if nothing happens spontaneously before then. I would say I was going crazy last week, but these last few days I've really settled into my pregnantness. Guess I'm not going to have that Libra babe I thought I would

Megan- I hope you find some peace in this last part of your journey.
#12 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 12:42 AM

I am due on Friday. Periodic cramping but nothing to get excited about. I'm thinking she'll come sometime next week. DS was born at 41 weeks.

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

#13 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 01:52 PM

I'm 6 days past my due date and have no signs whatsoever that this baby's coming. No contractions, haven't lost my mucus plug, etc. I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.
#14 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM

I'm still waiting. EDD is next weds. I am not dilated at all, but dr says my cervix is thinned out.
I alternate between wanting this over with, and feeling patient and confident that this will happen when it happens...
#15 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM

Still pregnant. 4 days until due date. Sigh.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#16 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 PM

I think it's also hard for those of us with late Oct. due dates to have all the babies with early Oct. due dates being born. I know it adds to my feeling of impatience even though rationally of COURSE those babies should come before mine. Lets hang in there ladies, our babies will be here soon!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#17 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 PM

So true, Amber! I'm due Halloween (next Friday) yet I'm very impatient. But both my kids were born right at the 40 week mark, so really no reason to think this one won't be, also. I'm just very uncomfortable!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#18 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 09:51 PM

my due date was 10.20.08. i've had a few episodes of hard ctx, but then they just subside...
#19 of 27 Old 10-23-2008, 10:54 PM

My friend had her baby yesterday and she was due Halloween. I'm so incredibly happy for her, but also jealous :
#20 of 27 Old 10-24-2008, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Me. EDD next Friday.

induced 3 days prior to EDD with DS. big mistake.

DD was born 9 days BEFORE her EDD.

So now, it being 10/23 with an EDD of 10/31 I am 8, almost 7 days pre-EDD. And I've had like a couple noticeable ctx. today...actually maybe a couple more tonight than other nights...here and there it's been like that about every day for the last week. Except one week ago today I had one set of ctx. that were regular and hung around a couple hours. Nothing to convince me I was in LABOR but they were there.

But walking any length of time has become a chore. My hips hurt at night, I'm sick of rolling all over trying to get comfy again.

I'm starting to be ready to be done. And you know what? I think that's actually a sign you are at term. With DS, I didn't feel "ready to be DONE" at ALL yet.

With DD, the day before she was born I looked at my stomach--after our oh, fourth or fifth bout of an hour or so of ctx. at 4-5 am and said, "All right, Sophia. Either you get the show on the road, or PLEASE, STOP bothering me at 4 AM!"

somewhere in the archives of mothering there is a post entitled "She got the show on the road!" because I woke up the next day---yet again at 4:30 AM---IN LABOR!

this one, I am beginning to feel a little sick of the whole experience LOL and ready to meet him.....and yet, I have had nothing like the ctx. I had with DD.

I really don't know what to think but I am hoping to hit next Friday as that would be my mom's b-day. And then I have moments where I'd love it to happen TONIGHT lol.

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
#21 of 27 Old 10-24-2008, 06:27 PM

My EDD is on Halloween. I am so tired of being pregnant! I have had no signs that she is going to come anytime soon and feel like I'm going to be pregnant for the rest of my life!
#22 of 27 Old 10-24-2008, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

i went to see my doc today (on my edd). i consented to a cervical check because i thought i'd had some bleeding (wasn't sure, it was early and i was groggy from the sleep deprivation) and because he's going out of town for the weekend and i needed to prepare myself for another doc delivering me. cervix was high and closed nothing going on in there at all. at the very least i'll make it through the weekend so he can attend my birth and i'll get the results from my repeat GBS screen

guess i'll be joining the overdue club too
#23 of 27 Old 10-25-2008, 09:42 AM

has anyone ever gotten to 43 weeks with an accurate EDD? because that's where i see myself going at this point, and i just want to know if i'll get an award or something. i'm not really that impatient or upset or overdue, just curious.

on the plus side, i had a killer jack o lantern costume at my friend's big costume party...pic as soon as i can get the computer to cooperate...
#24 of 27 Old 10-25-2008, 05:24 PM

I am 42 weeks tomorrow with still no impending signs of labor. I had a biophysical profile yesterday, and babe is doing well but still floating high. I have a mw appt on Monday morning and if there still hasn't been any changes after this weekend, then she will most likely have to send me to consult with an OB. I have been trying to walk this kid out, doing squats to try and get its noggin engaged, and nipple stimulation. The latter isn't even giving me any ctx's. So I am getting nervous that my best laid plans will be changed. And I know the more I lament about it the more likely I will emotionally effect me going into labor, or not going into labor at this point. I just know that I do not have a lot of time left. Who knew that a 4th baby would be the one to arrive the latest?!?
#25 of 27 Old 10-25-2008, 05:28 PM

I'm due on halloween and am feeling so ready but trying not to get too impatient. It's sooo hard here at the end.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#26 of 27 Old 10-25-2008, 06:11 PM

for all those with no impending signs of labour...just remember that doesn't mean anything. I really didn't have much of anything...even the day I went into labour I was still only 2cm dilated with my 3rd baby and had little to know effacement. I went into labour that night and went from 3-10 in 2 hours...so it can happen!!!
#27 of 27 Old 10-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
for all those with no impending signs of labour...just remember that doesn't mean anything. I really didn't have much of anything...even the day I went into labour I was still only 2cm dilated with my 3rd baby and had little to know effacement. I went into labour that night and went from 3-10 in 2 hours...so it can happen!!!
Can I just say I love you? : I need to keep reminding myself of that

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page