Anyone else with NO action? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
October 2008 > Anyone else with NO action?
txgirl963's Avatar txgirl963 07:25 PM 10-28-2008
saw my OB today, and I'm still not dilated at all. I am 40 weeks tomorrow. I talked him into waiting to schedule an induction, but he did schedule me for a sono and NST next weds to check the baby. All of a sudden I'm not so impatient to hold my baby- my dog has a nasty ear infection, and I want to get her well before I go in. The OB laughed until I told him my mutt weighs 155 pounds, and I doubt anyone else will clean her ear daily if I am busy in the hospital having a baby...then he said he thought I could wait another week! heh!

He mentioned that I have scar tissue on my cervix he thinks may be keeping it from dilating. Has anybody else here run into this? I had a conization of my cervix 13 years ago to remove pre-cancerous cells, and have had no issues ever since.

ferretfan's Avatar ferretfan 08:17 PM 10-28-2008
i was checked at 40wks and was also neither dilated nor effaced, no history of cervical scarring either. i'm trying not to stress about it, but i feel like i'm up against the wall a bit
txgirl963's Avatar txgirl963 08:24 PM 10-28-2008
I've been googling it- and not liking what I'm reading! Conizations TRIPLE my risk of having a c-section! and the scarring can prolong labor. ick...
Celticqueen's Avatar Celticqueen 08:40 PM 10-28-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl963 View Post
I've been googling it- and not liking what I'm reading! Conizations TRIPLE my risk of having a c-section! and the scarring can prolong labor. ick...
Ugh! BUMMER. Well can you bring this up with your doctor? Maybe he'll have some understanding?

-Caitrin
tireesix's Avatar tireesix 09:18 PM 10-28-2008
Apparently massaging the cervix with EPO can help scar tissue issues.
txgirl963's Avatar txgirl963 11:11 PM 10-28-2008
hmmm. I doubt I can reach my own cervix, much less massage it. I'll google it and see if there's some way to get this done...
1  2

Up