Anyone else with NO action? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just wondering- those of us who are still pregnant- are you, like me, getting NO signs of labor?

Somebody scared me today talking about a 44 week pregnancy and how it would be funny if I went to the end of November.

I didn't laugh. :

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#2 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 02:35 AM

Zip, nada, nothing! I am 40 weeks tomorrow, my official EDD is Sunday so I'm not too stressed about it. The doctor had me do a NST today which didn't show much. I don't think I'm dilated or effaced at all either !

We'll get there!
#3 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 AM

Me! I'm 41 weeks today but I've been feeling sick since yesterday so I'm hoping it's a sign.
#4 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 AM

Hang in there ladies!
#5 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 10:08 AM

My due date is tomorrow and I'm really not feeling anything. I just keep repeating to myself "baby will come when baby is ready" and remembering how grateful I am for being able to even be pregnant, and that when my babe arrives all the waiting will be worth it.

And I'm trying to find lots to do.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#6 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Hey there - I'm not feeling anything that unusual either (some BH, some crampiness, nothing painful or regular tho), but my EDD isn't until wednesday. I think reading all of these threads full of october mamas birthing babies has made me impatient, and I'm working on just relaxing these last few days (or I guess, few/two weeks!?) of pregnancy & trying not to go nuts.

DH and I are so eager to meet our little one, but we also realized the other day how valuable these last days of just the two of us are (except of course that there is a very very large baby in my belly!!) ... so we are staying positive and appreciating our time together.

I've finally stopped going to work - the subway commute was getting awful. Now I am just at home, puttering around, doing some work and going for walks, trying to stay calm. I am not going to pretend it is easy!!

loving momma to babyboy.gif born 11/2008, and his baby brother diaper.gif5/2012, just trying to stay balanced namaste.gif

#7 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 10:24 AM

I am 12 days overdue and nothing is happening here. Contractions on and off all day for days, but not changing in duration or intensity. My last baby was 13 days late and I think this one wants to beat his record! Off to take a walk on the beach and try to convince this babe that today would be a fine day to be born.
#8 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 09:03 PM

You may not want to hear from someone whose wait is over, but I had NOTHING going on except for braxton hicks until labor actually started. Then bam, all of a sudden contractions that were never less than 5 minutes apart. There is hope!
#9 of 36 Old 10-24-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
You may not want to hear from someone whose wait is over, but I had NOTHING going on except for braxton hicks until labor actually started. Then bam, all of a sudden contractions that were never less than 5 minutes apart. There is hope!
That is encouraging. Thanks mama

Nada here. Just BH that seem stronger... and I'm depressed that there has been no cervical change in 2.5 weeks.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#10 of 36 Old 10-25-2008, 12:39 AM

me! totally without action here

my edd was today. i consented to check to find a high, closed cervix had a lot of backache and crampiness yesterday, and the BHs are getting stronger, but nothing else going on. beaker is very squiggly lately and i think it wants out!
#11 of 36 Old 10-25-2008, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

2 very strong contractions tonight!!!

...But then they went away and nothing since. Sigh. At the very least it might have dialated or "ripened" the cervix though, eh?

Maybe. Just thought I'd share.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#12 of 36 Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
That is encouraging. Thank you! My mom was actually encouraging me about the same thing...She said labor just STARTED with her- there was no leading up to it.

-Caitrin

#13 of 36 Old 10-25-2008, 04:00 AM

I had a couple contractions earlier! Unfortunately, I also got a severely sprained foot I took a tumble off of a curb and thought that I broke a bone or two in my foot so we went to the ER to have it checked out. No broken bones, just a major sprain and a gold-ball sized swollen spot. They made me go to L&D to be monitored for a bit, and that took FOREVER because they were way understaffed. Sigh.

I hope the babeh waits a few days now so my foot can heal! Right now, I can't put any weight on it at all!
#14 of 36 Old 10-26-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abber View Post
I had a couple contractions earlier! Unfortunately, I also got a severely sprained foot I took a tumble off of a curb and thought that I broke a bone or two in my foot so we went to the ER to have it checked out. No broken bones, just a major sprain and a gold-ball sized swollen spot. They made me go to L&D to be monitored for a bit, and that took FOREVER because they were way understaffed. Sigh.

I hope the babeh waits a few days now so my foot can heal! Right now, I can't put any weight on it at all!
This may sound awful, but you're a derby girl (right?) so you'll get it (i hope?):
Just be happy that you're off your skates from injury when you already have to be off of your skates! Think of it as multitasking.
#15 of 36 Old 10-26-2008, 06:06 PM

im due on the 31 october and im sooooo ready for baby to come. I wish I could just relax and not think about it but im thinking about it all the time. DS was a week late adn i erally hope this one isn't too! adn he's posterior

Mama to 2 gorgeous little boys 5 yrs and 2.5 yrs fencing.gif expecting another babyf.gif in November 2011!!

It's a stork-girl.gif !!! hearts.gif
Living with my amazing partner love.gif and 4 cat.gif

#16 of 36 Old 10-26-2008, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
ME see my post in I'm pregnant

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#17 of 36 Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamonkeyjo View Post
This may sound awful, but you're a derby girl (right?) so you'll get it (i hope?):
Just be happy that you're off your skates from injury when you already have to be off of your skates! Think of it as multitasking.
Hahaha, too true!
#18 of 36 Old 10-26-2008, 08:30 PM

I'm now 9 days past my due date and except feeling sick Thursday night, I have no signs. My mom said she had no signs that labor was approaching when she had me. She just started having contractions and I was born 5 hours later. I hope that happens to me tomorrow.
#19 of 36 Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for something finally happening to my body! MUCUS PLUG IS OFFICIALLY OUT! Woo hoo!

Now for the contractions...when will you start, dang it?

-Caitrin

#20 of 36 Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 PM

My EDD is Oct. 31st....I am so tired of being pregnant! Nothing is happening. When my midwife checked me 2 weeks ago she said I was 1cm dialated and 25% effaced and everything was low. Went back this week and I am still dialated 1 and my cervix tilted and not as low anymore. She didn't make it seem bad, but I have no idea what to expect. I am frustrated! I hope I have this baby soon!
#21 of 36 Old 10-27-2008, 10:26 AM

I don't know that I'd say I have NO signs, but I have no more signs than I've had for the past two weeks... regular, strong contractions for several hours, then nothing for several hours, then more contractions, repeat.

I'm 40 weeks now. I had a biophysical last Monday (my fundal height is not changing) and the results were really good, and my MW told me we'd talk about more testing at 42 or 43 weeks. ha.

But I love late pregnancy, so I'm not really bothered. That said, I never pictured a November baby.

bside: Cervical checks before labor really mean nothing. Plenty of women have been checked in the morning at 1 and then had a baby by midnight.
#22 of 36 Old 10-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Just got back from the doctor. Still NOTHING! He gave me castor oil to take tonight, which I don't imagine will be too fun.
#23 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
fwiw my MW says NO to castor oil as while it will likely induce labor, it will also give you bad diarrhea and make you generally miserable for it.

I'm like 99.9% positive either the outer part of the waters broke Friday night or I had a high leak that resealed. (see post in I'm pregnant)

some ctx. last night that went away.

I'm going to be pregnant forever at this rate.

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#24 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 09:39 AM

40w4d here and nothing to speak of. Some random contractions. I go for a fluid check and NST on Thursday and will let them strip my membranes. I'm not impatient to have the baby necessarily - but feeling anxious about having to be induced. I'm not comfortable going past 42 weeks.

I had my son at 41 weeks though so hopefully it won't be an issue.

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

#25 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 AM
dis

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I'm one day overdue, as of today. My DD was born the day before her due date, so this is VERY frustrating - I was expecting to have a baby by now!

And not really showing much action, either. No sign of the plug, lots of BH but but they haven't really turned painful at all. Some loose stool over the last 24 hours, but that might be because I forgot to take my iron pills for two days.

I see my midwife on Thursday - going to get her to sweep my membranes. NSTs next week. We'll induce at 42 weeks if necessary, I'm not comfortable going past that, but hopefully it won't be an issue, I've still got almost 2 weeks to evict this kid...
#26 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 11:02 AM

I decided to stay in Due in November forums thinking that would be quite a positive thing for me emotionally. I am actually due 31st of Oct and my last baby was 3 weeks over. I thought if I stayed in the November forums I wouldn't feel so bad if I went over, but on one of the sites I visit, something like 30 of the mums due in November have had their babies already.

I am just feeling really shoddy and fed up and disappointed and tearful, well, just generally emotional.

I just want this pregnancy over with, I am in pain with some weird mouth thing and SPD and everything, I am dreading my OB appointment tomorrow. I did ask for it but only because I need to sort out Meds etc for after baby is born but I know that induction is going to be discussed and I hate having to deal with that pointless stuff.

I wish I had some one like a mother but I don't (my Dad is useless, my step mum is pointless and my real mum and I don't get on or talk).

Just feel quite alone I guess.
#27 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 12:27 PM

Last night was fun, haha. We DTD, I drank tons of RRL and a cup of cumin tea, I took my EPO, tried acupressure...pretty much every natural induction method on the internets so I wouldn't have to drink the castor oil!

Nothing seemed to work so I took a small dose of the castor oil last night which didn't seem to have done much except give me some mild bowel cramping. I didn't do the full dose, because when I get bowel cramps, they are the most painful things EVER!

But....I just went to the bathroom and there was blood and maybe my mucous plug? I haven't felt any ctx though, but granted I literally just woke up and maybe I haven't felt one yet. I hate to say that I have a bit of a timeline...my doctor is on call today and then has the next two days off so if I want avoid his crazy partner, I've got to hurry!
#28 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 PM

I'm now 11 days overdue. I went for a fluid check and and NST yesterday and everything is good. I saw my OB this morning and she checked me and I'm barely 1 cm. I also went for some accupunture today so hopefully that will do something. I'm off to take a nap now.
#29 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticqueen View Post
Yay for something finally happening to my body! MUCUS PLUG IS OFFICIALLY OUT! Woo hoo!

Now for the contractions...when will you start, dang it?

-Caitrin
I'll be darned if you haven't had your baby yet
#30 of 36 Old 10-28-2008, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
I'll be darned if you haven't had your baby yet
Pshh...I wish. Lately, I am the biggest b*tch of the west. My hips are completely loose, out of place, hurting like mad, and the baby is already measuring bigger than my first.

I must say, unborn babe, you will be so much more appreciated when you're OUT.

-Caitrin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page