Weekly Postpartum Chit-Chat & Support 11/1-11/7 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
\I am feeling much better about the way things went now. I did a bunch more research on high blood pressure + high uric acid levels and think I made the right choice with the induction and c/s. I realized today that I went through 37 hours of unmedicated labor....almost all of those were hard labor and 8 hours of medicated (but still painful) labor. I posted in the c/s thread that it was 33 and 12 but I was wrong. It made me realize how strong I really was. I am proud of myself for what I did, even though it ended up completely different than I wanted.
Of course you're strong, TD. I'm glad you're beginning to feel better about your birth experience. It's so easy to look back at a traumatic birth and second guess yourself. Thank you for seeing the "good" things you did and making light of all the hard work and tough decisions you made.

AAM- Yesterday I had lunch: with my mom and dad at a Vietnamese sandwich shop . I love my parents, but my mom always has an opinion on me nursing. Hazel is either at my breast too long or too frequently or in the wrong position (my mom doesn't like football). Anyway. I said I was going to nurse her and my mom asked if she could get a blanket out. I replied firmly "I don't cover up when I nurse." She said "Whatever you're comfortable with, dear, I just think your father might might get embarassed." I looked at my dad and he gave me the "I don't give a shite look, but I'm staying out of this one." So I latch her on football style and of course my mom had to say "Why do you feed her like that?" I just said "I don't always feed her in this position." and let it go. I just wish she'd be more supportive instead of obnoxious.

We also went to the pp support group and I had a good laugh in my head at all the "new" moms with their concerns regarding iron and vitamin d drops. I didn't give dd1 any of those and when they asked my opinion and what I did with my first I said "It's all a crap shoot. Our family doctor didn't recommend either iron or vitamin d. I think you should do what you're comfortable with."

This apparently pissed off one of the moms and she said "Well my husband's a PHYSICIAN and the evidence clearly shows that giving vitamin d to a bf baby will help prevent osteoporosis later in life." I snorted when she said physician. I just couldn't help snickering at how hotty totty she was about her husband being a doctor. I did, however, refrain from stating what I was really thinking. Something like... "Well my husband is a FREE THINKER and we think babies should just eat breastmilk from a mom with a healthy diet." I REALLY had to keep my opinion on MDs being brainwashed to myself.

Today I have a friend coming over with lunch and her 11 month old ds. It'll be nice to just hang out with a buddy for awhile. Last night was brutal. Hazel was awake from 10-5. I had dh take over at 3 and told him not to wake me up until at least 5:30 to feed her. I SERIOUSLY need to get her to switch her sleep/wake cycle around.

Enough babbling from me... Looking forward to seeing what all the other moms are up to and to reading an update from Caitrin or seeing her post an announcement.
#122 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM

I had stitches PP with ds1 until my 6 qweek check!!!! we didn't dtd for months I swear!

I am going to try a grocery run with thw two boyus in about 15 minutes, but honestly I think I'm gonna get a backpackl 'leash for ds1- he's just too eager to explore!

yeah that on md's being brsinwashed. my good friend is a DO and He reccommended iron and flouride! Argh!!!! :

TD- i'm glad you've been able to recincile things a bit, you are a strong woman, and i'm sure you'll make a stellar momma!

nak

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#123 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 01:14 PM

I'm feeling better! My fever must be down or is gone. The boob still hurts but it's manageable. Like I said, the fever was what was wiping me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb129 View Post
How are the other babies growing? Ainsley was up almost an inch at 8 days & 4oz. I'm so excited to see what she is tomorrow! She's still way too skinny for even newborn pants, but she's really starting to fill out her newborn sleepers in the length.
I weighed Nora on a regular scale at my mw office on Tuesday, and apparently my little chunker is 11 lbs at 1 month old! She was 7 lbs at birth. I think it's a little off only b/c it was a normal scale and she was fully clothed with a diaper, but it can't be that far off! I'm so proud! That said she has completely outgrown all her nb clothes. She's in 0-3 months now, or just regular 3 months! Where did my little teensy baby go?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
I am proud of myself for what I did, even though it ended up completely different than I wanted.
This is so great to hear. You should be so proud! Look who you created, look who you brought into this world! I am so happy you are starting to heal emotionally and physically. It is good to see you around again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
Hazel was awake from 10-5. I had dh take over at 3 and told him not to wake me up until at least 5:30 to feed her. I SERIOUSLY need to get her to switch her sleep/wake cycle around.

Enough babbling from me... Looking forward to seeing what all the other moms are up to and to reading an update from Caitrin or seeing her post an announcement.
I think I'm screwing up Nora's sleep cycle b/c I'm not feeling 100% well. After she eats I just put her in her swing and she sleeps during the day for 3-4 hours, and I nap as well. Last night, man, we were in TROUBLE. She was awake and cranky (crying, screaming, wouldn't put her head down, etc) from 11 pm until at least 3 am. DH took her at 2 am and told me to lay down in bed (he was in the living room) and promised he'd come get me if she was hungry. I made him promise no bottle and no paci, and that if he got frustrated to come get me no matter what. Well, the alarm went off at 7 am! I was like OMG! What happened? I come out and the two of them are sleeping soundly on the recliner!

I too can't wait for Caitrin's announcement!

AAM - I had no idea that you are supposed to change positions when nursing. From day one I have nursed Nora using the cross cradle hold b/c it works for us. Yeah, well, apparently not changing positions is a good way to get mastitis.:

I'm mad that I don't know a single woman/mama IRL who bf's their baby (besides professionals of course). I keep thinking most of us, including myself, wouldn't have these problems if we just had more support and education from women who have lived through this before. It's just sad b/c it is difficult to seek out help when you don't know who to ask or where to go. And if someone had just mentioned to me that you should try other positions, well, I might not have gotten mastitis.

Ok, sorry for the novel! Hope everyone is doing well or better!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#124 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
I had stitches PP with ds1 until my 6 qweek check!!!! we didn't dtd for months I swear!
My stitches disappeared between 6-7 weeks (aka right around now). They were there then all of a sudden they weren't. I still feel a little sore, but I want to try DTD soon.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#125 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes;12552051[B
AAM[/B] - I had no idea that you are supposed to change positions when nursing. From day one I have nursed Nora using the cross cradle hold b/c it works for us. Yeah, well, apparently not changing positions is a good way to get mastitis.:

I'm mad that I don't know a single woman/mama IRL who bf's their baby (besides professionals of course). I keep thinking most of us, including myself, wouldn't have these problems if we just had more support and education from women who have lived through this before. It's just sad b/c it is difficult to seek out help when you don't know who to ask or where to go. And if someone had just mentioned to me that you should try other positions, well, I might not have gotten mastitis.

Ok, sorry for the novel! Hope everyone is doing well or better!
I felt that way with my first. I had never actually seen anyone nurse irl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
I am going to try a grocery run with thw two boyus in about 15 minutes, but honestly I think I'm gonna get a backpackl 'leash for ds1- he's just too eager to explore!
You're a brave soul. I haven't ventured out with bioth kiddos alone yet.
#126 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 01:51 PM

Carrie- It depends on the woman really. Some people are more prone trouble with plugs and infection. I nursed DS for 40 months without ever having either and never thought about position at all until he was mobile and changed positions himself. That's when it gets EASY btw... other than the occasional foot to the throat. I almost always nurse in cross cradle in the day and side lying at night.
#127 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 01:56 PM

I have to say I'm glad to know that there are others who have "held on" to their stitches this long. I've been getting frustrated with it because other than tiredness I feel 100% normal except those darn stitches. Once they are out of the way I feel like life can go back to normal.

Carrie, I felt the same exact way with my first when it came to breastfeeding. I hadn't found MDC yet, which has been the source of most of my info, or at least where I've gotten links to sites with the right stuff to know... and I had no one IRL that was giving me correct answers - tons of people giving me false and misleading information, however well meaning, but nothing that was actually good advice to follow - which made things much more of a challenge!

I would love to know what my peanut is weighing in at now. She's out of all her preemie clothes, wearing newborn sizes, and some 0-3 month stuff. So I know she's growing, just don't know how much. We have an appointment in a week but I don't want to wait that long to find out!

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#128 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Carrie- It depends on the woman really. Some people are more prone trouble with plugs and infection. I nursed DS for 40 months without ever having either and never thought about position at all until he was mobile and changed positions himself. That's when it gets EASY btw... other than the occasional foot to the throat. I almost always nurse in cross cradle in the day and side lying at night.
Very true... ds nursed for 38 months and in all that time I had mastitis once, and it was only because when he was 16 months old we were moving, he was being watched by someone else, and the moving truck broke down so I was on the side of the road with no way to nurse for 8 hours.

#129 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 03:23 PM

Good morning, mamas (although for most of you it's already afternoon.) I'm feeling rather chipper this morning. In the delirium of night noises from Bryson I somehow figured out that I'd had 9 hours sleep, which made me feel grateful and well rested. Then, I realized that we'd only been in bed for 10 hours, tops. My original calculation was so unlikely, but it's better than my pessimistic calculations of yesterday-- 2 hours.

We were up early this morning, and DD complained that she never gets any sleep anymore. Not true, but I still worry since she has been quite the pill lately, and that is typical of when she doesn't get much sleep. Yesterday she asked (probably 250+ times) for the pooping doll from Target-- and demanded that she get it now. The thing costs $60- more than we typically spend on Christmas for her, let alone on a random Wednesday afternoon. I may have blown it when I gave her 3 presents during the birth to keep her occupied-- I thought it would take longer to have the baby, so she'd need to be occupied for a good long time.

Oh-- the other reason for my giddiness-- I took a shower without anyone here to help with the babe-- and it worked! No cries interrupting my 10 minute shower-- and I got to clip my toenails too!

The chiro really helped Bryson yesterday. Side lying nursing worked so much better last night, now that he can turn his head the other way too-- I don't think he even leaked through a diaper on his side last night. It's funny how a little shift in something that seems unrelated can make life so much better.

Question for those of you who had out of hospital births-- when did you file your baby's birth certificate? I need to call for the appointment for next week, but don't feel like there's a hurry.

Have a good rest of the day, mamas, and I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
#130 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
Oh-- the other reason for my giddiness-- I took a shower without anyone here to help with the babe-- and it worked! No cries interrupting my 10 minute shower-- and I got to clip my toenails too!

Question for those of you who had out of hospital births-- when did you file your baby's birth certificate? I need to call for the appointment for next week, but don't feel like there's a hurry.
Woo hoo for the shower! It is nice to have a good shower. I try to take one while Nora naps from 12-2. I never seem to be able to get one in before DH leaves for work, I'm either nursing or sleeping at 7 am.

Anyway, my midwife sent in the paperwork for Nora's birth certificate. She came 4 days after she was born and filled out the forms and sent them in. It took a little over a week I think before it was "ready". DH is going to pick up the actual certificate today. I think you have up to a year to file for it, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

Interesting stuff about mastitis and how it affects some and not others. I think I was doing a lot of stuff "wrong" that lead to it. Not completely emptying my breasts at each feeding, my bra is a little tight, and of course, not changing positions. Plus Nora just started sleeping for about 5-6 hours at night, so I'm going longer b/w feedings. I think it was bound to happen sooner than later.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#131 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Interesting stuff about mastitis and how it affects some and not others. I think I was doing a lot of stuff "wrong" that lead to it. Not completely emptying my breasts at each feeding, my bra is a little tight, and of course, not changing positions. Plus Nora just started sleeping for about 5-6 hours at night, so I'm going longer b/w feedings. I think it was bound to happen sooner than later.
I had problems with plugged ducts all the frickin time with dd1 and had mastitis twice in 4 months. I added lecithin capsules into my daily health regimen after my third bout with mastitis and never had a plugged duct after that. Coincidence? Who knows. Might be worth it if you find yourself with another case.
#132 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM

Yes to the lecithin capsules. The LC that helped me out with DS1 told me that my milk must have a very high fat content, and it sticks to the walls of the ducts and dcan plug things up. After I began taking it, I did not have it again with him. So it was part of myu recipe for mastitis avoidance this time around- Lecithin, better fitting bras, poke root, a pacifier, and a good manual pump. So far so good, and Milo sleeps 4-5 hour stretches.

AAM Haha!!! We went to the Country store (bulk foods) and to Giant, and we survived!!!! I gave up, and put Milo's carseat in the big part of the cart, adn put Henry in the seat. It worked much better that way. I also got some tiny candies. . . I think that helped both of us!!!
And- Milo stayed sleeping in his seat when we got home, long enough to put the groceries away, and put Henry down for his nap!

DH leaves late tomorrow morning and comes home early tomorrow I may have more news on Saturday! Hehehehe. . .

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#133 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM

Thanks once more ladies! I'm doing MUCH better today. Got some decent sleep last night. I've decided to nurse her for today. I'll decide on tomorrow... tomorrow. Figure one day at a time is the best way to go. Will try to keep up with the thread and everyone else better next week. My plans for the rest of this week are simply to snuggle and feed on the couch while watching TV. Which I almost never do - I think I've watched more in the last day and a half than I normally do in a week. Will be going to babies r us for a smaller nipple shield later (thanks for the pic!) and then to show the little critter off to my coworkers. Then back to the couch.

All of you people who are talking about sex just amaze me. Even if I didn't have stitches, there's no way I'd be ready anytime soon.
#134 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 PM

I just wanted to share that Ainsley has gained 8oz in the last 6 days! Makes me feel sooo much better! I guess she's not starving, even though she acts like it!

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#135 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM

lee, I'm glad to hear things are looking better in the bewbie dept.

TD, I'm so proud of you for confronting your birth and are beginning to come to terms with it.

I just skimmed the posts so I'm sorry I didn't reply to everyone. I hope everyone else is doing well and healing quickly.

AAM: It's been so nice to have my MIL here for the last 2 days. We went shopping today for a nursing bra and a pair of jeans to get me through until my normal pants fit. I ended up having to order a bra because they were out of my size but thank goodness they carry it normally! I got a 32G. My MIL was like, "Good grief Tara, those are some huge boobs you got there!" No wonder they're covered in stretch marks....I was a 32C pre-preg. Sheesh! I was able to buy a size 6 jeans, only 2 sizes off from my normal size 2. YAY! I also did my first workout last night. It felt great! I couldn't work as hard as I wanted to because I apparently haven't been doing enough kegels and had some bladder issues when I tried to do high impact. At least I was still wearing a pad! : My bleeding has pretty much stopped. I'm down to just the egg white kinda brownish CM.

Ally's doing well but the last few days she has been snacking more than eating full meals and it's really hard on me because it's so much more demanding! She only wants to eat for 5 min at a time and is hungry no longer than 30 min later and only wants another 5 min or so. She's also having issues getting calm enough to go to sleep at night. I can tell she's fighting sleep because nursing isn't calming her like it normally would. She startles herself or lets out a cry to wake herself back up when she gets too close to sleep. It's been a rough few days but I keep reminding myself that these types of things are usually temporary and we'll be on to the next thing before too long. (I hope!)
#136 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 07:56 PM

Tara-
have you tried swaddling? My lo does that sometimes and that's when I adore the swaddle me!!!

Oddly, it's good to hear you're at the brownish CM stage since we gave birth on the same day and I was just wondering if I shouldn't have stopped all together by now.
#137 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Just skimmed the posts.. Hi to everyone!!

AAM: I was last night. Dh had come home early from work and then proceeded to take a 4 hour nap. I was a little :, but he's tired too. But THEN, he did no parenting all evening once he was up and then left me on the couch dozing waiting for Addie's next nursing and went to bed himself! So... I faked deep desperate sleep later on when she woke up and he had to entertain her for a few hours and change some diapers. He'll do whatever parenting I ask him to do, but getting him to volunteer to just hold her for a while never happens. Doesn't help that my mom is still here b/c he just says, "Give her to Grandma" and my Mom is like, "Oh, I'll take her!". It's getting on my nerves a bit, but after a nap myself today I'm feeling a bit better. I know it's mostly on me right now b/c only I can nurse her, but sometimes it's just nice just to get a break. My mom is great at giving me any breaks I need, but for some reason I want HIM to take over not her once in a while!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#138 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 09:24 PM

lee1203- It's awesome you are doing this for your baby despite the struggles. Your dd has a great mama

Megan- That's great on the weight gain. We had similar here, 9 oz. in 7 days

Tara- my ds is doing the same thing. That's what I was coming to post about, actually. I'm so tired! He was up to nurse like 20 times last night, aside from all the grunting and squirming when he's not nursing. It just drives me insane when I'm trying to sleep!

I'm sure it's not popular around here but I plan on having him sleep just outside my room tonight, so that I'll hear his cries, but not all the other random non-awake noises he makes. I know from my past 2, that I get suicidal with sleep deprivation and I'll do anything (not CIO though!!) to prevent that viscious cycle this time around.

Em- I totally feel you on DH not taking over when it's OBVIOUS that help is needed. Like a couple days ago, ds is crying and crying and I'm making dinner and he doesn't budge!!! HELLO, go get OUR son, he's not just mine u know! Overall he's trying, really he is, but I feel like I really shouldn't have to remind him that we have THREE kids now, and I only have TWO hands :

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#139 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post
I'm sure it's not popular around here but I plan on having him sleep just outside my room tonight, so that I'll hear his cries, but not all the other random non-awake noises he makes. I know from my past 2, that I get suicidal with sleep deprivation and I'll do anything (not CIO though!!) to prevent that viscious cycle this time around.
Nothing wrong with that IMO
#140 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 09:34 PM

Hazel and I learned to nurse lying down!!! Yay us! I'm so proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post
Nothing wrong with that IMO. I only wake up to crying and can't imagine being woken up ALL night long by the random grunts and squeaks she makes. I personally couldn't do it because I HAVE to hear her breathing in order for me to fall back asleep. I'm that paranoid
#141 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM

For those having baby sleep outside of your room or in their own bed.. how old are they and how did you do it? Ainsley won't sleep if she's not on me-- well, she might for maybe 20mins or so, but I cannot wake up every 20mins! She's actually been doing this the last few nights and I'm just at my wit's end & exhausted. I'd love so much for her to sleep on her own in my room, but don't know how to go about it. Ds slept with me until he was a year, and the transition into his bed was smooth, he was ready.. but it was a long, rough year! I don't like co-sleeping to be honest.. but it's the only way I can get any sleep.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#142 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 PM

Add Elina to the list of babes fighting sleep and nursing constantly! Third night in a row she's gotten very fussy and wants to be on the boob constantly, falls asleep, but wakes up about ten minutes after I put her down. I tried laying with her in the bed, lights low, to see if she wanted to start bedtime early, but no. I tried attempting to keep her awake, and she was miserable. : Hope we figure it out soon...

Clothes... DH took me clothes shopping today, sweet man.. he *hates* to shop, but came because he says I keep spending the money I'm supposed to buy clothes with on stuff the kids need. It was nice, because he picked out several tops that he liked, which works for me. I'm wearing size 5 jeans, was in a 1/2 pre-pg. Which doesn't sound too bad except for the bit of saggy tummy that won't go away until I get the crunches going for awhile I suppose... :/

#143 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM

Megan- I looove the idea of cosleeping and coslept with both my girls until they were 2. With my first I loved it, for the most part, but I think mostly because I couldn't imagine there being another way...I still love sleeping next to her, with my 2nd though, I hated it. She squirmed(and still does!) waaaay too much and I never got a good night's sleep. Again, even now I cannot sleep next to her. But I kept going because I literally don't know any other way.

And now with ds, last night (and a couple other nights the last week) I found myself angry and ready to hurt someone with the middle of the night wakings. I had severe postpartum depression after both my girls, no doubt, lack of sleep contributing to that, so I'm going to *try* having him outside the room and see if that gets me more sleep. If not, I will have to go back to cosleeping I guess. I don't have any other room in the house that could be his and even if I did, I can't imagine having him be somewhere that far away all night long. I don't know how mainstream moms do it, honestly, unless they are all using the CIO method

I'm going to check out the Nightime parenting board and see if I can find any tips. I can't believe I'm on #3 and still looking up ways to help kids fall (and stay) asleep :

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#144 of 165 Old 11-06-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
For those having baby sleep outside of your room or in their own bed.. how old are they and how did you do it? Ainsley won't sleep if she's not on me-- well, she might for maybe 20mins or so, but I cannot wake up every 20mins! She's actually been doing this the last few nights and I'm just at my wit's end & exhausted. I'd love so much for her to sleep on her own in my room, but don't know how to go about it. Ds slept with me until he was a year, and the transition into his bed was smooth, he was ready.. but it was a long, rough year! I don't like co-sleeping to be honest.. but it's the only way I can get any sleep.
We have a hot water bottle and we warm up her cosleeper before putting her in it. She's completely asleep when we put her in it and the heated bed helps transition her from my warmth.
#145 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post

my big indulgence the other day was painting my toe nails! lol! so silly to relish that huh?

be careful, depending on what state you are in. After 6 months, we have to go through the state, not the town, in my state. From what i have heard, its a big PITA after that. I JUST made it w/ ds3. lol! Considering we were officially UC, there is no MW filing anything in our state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post

All of you people who are talking about sex just amaze me. Even if I didn't have stitches, there's no way I'd be ready anytime soon.
I think it just depends on teh person, and the birth. DP actually wanted to wait for 6 weeks! lol! I was like "uh, no!!!". I did wait over 2 weeks though....we celebrated after the election! lol!
#146 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Carolyn has been in her own bed from the start, and in her own room maybe since 1-2 weeks. I really wish we could have coslept, but not only would I not be able to get ANY sleep that way, but I would not trust a baby in the bed with DH. He's a very deep sleeper and just the other day he elbowed me in the face in his sleep. I couldn't even get any sleep when Carolyn was sleeping in our room. She's a very loud baby, and I'm such a light sleeper that it just didn't work. Not to mention I'd lie there awake monitoring her breathing to make sure she was ok. It's funny to think that having her further away makes me sleep better, but it does.

Anyway, to answer your question... we didn't have to do anything to get her to sleep in her crib. It's funny, because she pretty much can't be put down during the day, even for naps. But she has no problems spending the night in her crib. Maybe it's because we get up and respond to her immediately if she makes noise, so hopefully she doesn't feel abandoned.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#147 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 AM

^ for the birth certificate we just did it this week w/ Galen just over a week old. We both had to go in with the baby so this week while DH is still off work made sense. We also filed for his social security number - we had to take the birth cert. to the ss office, along with my labor and delivery record.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#148 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM

Morning, everyone!

Question - Who has had Mirena? I'm getting one and have been told that it's mighty uncomfortable to have put in. I'm sure it won't compare with childbirth but I'm starting to have anxiety about it.

#149 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM

I got the Mirena as well and am waiting to have it put in. My doc told me to take some advil before going into the appointment but my friend who just had twins had it put in and she didn't even really notice it and loves it so far. I'm like you though and I'm a bit nervous...I just shot something rather large out my who haa so I'm nervous about sticking anything back up there!
#150 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 03:04 PM

Birth certificates~ we got Iris' birth certificate when she was a week old. We went in to the vital records office with proof of pregnancy and the babe. B/c my mw's practice isn't legally recognized in this state, dh signed as the certifier of the birth. There are a bunch of hb's in our county that the woman who records birth info isn't even phased by processing a home born babes birth certificate.

IUD~ I plan on getting a Paraguard soon. Take some Motrin before you go to have it out in...like 800 mg. It is the best for crampy uterine pain that often results from IUD insertion.

Question...anyone's babe hate their car seat? Iris hates hers. All my other babes went peacefully asleep when they rode in the car but Iris screaming her little head off. It makes going anywhere nearly impossible. This is a new one on me.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page