Forum Jump: 

#151 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Morning, everyone!

Question - Who has had Mirena? I'm getting one and have been told that it's mighty uncomfortable to have put in. I'm sure it won't compare with childbirth but I'm starting to have anxiety about it.
I am getting the Mirena at my 6week pp visit and I had it after we had our DD. I personally loved it! It hurt a little bit going in, but it was more the menstrual crampy feeling and achiness afterward that bothered me. Once I took advil that first day I was just fine and you could never even tell it was there after that!!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#152 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Boo, last night was rough. First time Adelh has been fussy and won't sleep and won't latch on to the boobies either!! I don't know what got into her but she would. not. open. her. mouth! : I got to the point of begging her about to cry and she was screaming and finally I just went with a less then stellar latch - and this morning of course my nipples hurt again! She did this for every feeding last night. I knew I shouldn't have let her nurse with the bad latch, but after 15 min of trying with a screaming baby what are you gonna do? And I think I'm getting that plugged duct again b/c she didn't drain the breast properly either.

Is there something about 2 weeks old that makes a great latcher/sucker just suddenly refuse to do it? I know she knows how dammit! This morning's first feed was a bit better, but she still is just sitting there with her mouth hardly open flicking her tongue over my nipple until we're both frustrated.

On birth control and DTD - I'm still planning on going back to NFP, but I'm no where near wanting to dtd so it isn't an issue yet. I'm still getting rid of this UTI and bleeding a bit and with nursing round the clock I'm a little touched out. Dh has been getting his kicks other ways though, so he's not feeling neglected - I just could care less about myself in the process.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#153 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
IUD~ I plan on getting a Paraguard soon. Take some Motrin before you go to have it out in...like 800 mg. It is the best for crampy uterine pain that often results from IUD insertion.

Question...anyone's babe hate their car seat? Iris hates hers. All my other babes went peacefully asleep when they rode in the car but Iris screaming her little head off. It makes going anywhere nearly impossible. This is a new one on me.
I got the Paraguard at the same time I got into medical school. I took 800mg of Advil and it made the cramping at least tolerable. Sidenote... I was one of the few who an IUD doesn't work for and got pregnant within 4 months on it with my first. We now do NFP with condoms days 12-19.

My babes hate(d) the carseat. It's really the only time they take(took) a paci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Boo, last night was rough. First time Adelh has been fussy and won't sleep and won't latch on to the boobies either!! I don't know what got into her but she would. not. open. her. mouth! : I got to the point of begging her about to cry and she was screaming and finally I just went with a less then stellar latch - and this morning of course my nipples hurt again! She did this for every feeding last night. I knew I shouldn't have let her nurse with the bad latch, but after 15 min of trying with a screaming baby what are you gonna do? And I think I'm getting that plugged duct again b/c she didn't drain the breast properly either.

Is there something about 2 weeks old that makes a great latcher/sucker just suddenly refuse to do it? I know she knows how dammit! This morning's first feed was a bit better, but she still is just sitting there with her mouth hardly open flicking her tongue over my nipple until we're both frustrated.

On birth control and DTD - I'm still planning on going back to NFP, but I'm no where near wanting to dtd so it isn't an issue yet. I'm still getting rid of this UTI and bleeding a bit and with nursing round the clock I'm a little touched out. Dh has been getting his kicks other ways though, so he's not feeling neglected - I just could care less about myself in the process.
Hazel has been fussy with latching sometimes too. Recently and she's 2 weeks today. She'll latch for like 2 seconds than pop off, scream her head off, then I relatch her. It makes NIP extra fun:
#154 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 05:23 PM

Whoo hoo, 22 years old today!!!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#155 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 PM

happy birth day MaryAnne!

Quote:

Question...anyone's babe hate their car seat? Iris hates hers. All my other babes went peacefully asleep when they rode in the car but Iris screaming her little head off. It makes going anywhere nearly impossible. This is a new one on me.
Zen HATES his car seat. He's 3 weeks today and we have tried 3 different seats. I dont usually buy the infant buckets but after 2 convertibles didnt help his screaming, i purchased an infant bucket and was hoping it woudl make things better. It didnt. this is my 4th and ive never experienced this before. I usually dont use pacifiers but w/ the kids in the car and one screaming his lungs out, i spent way too much $$ finding ONE pacififer that he will use while in teh car. Thus far it hasnt messed up his latch or anything but i hate having to resort to it. But the screaming is just too much. We cant stay home. We have to get out. I just cant stay home w/ 2 young kids and a school aged child. So....i have already done 2 things w/ this baby that i usually dont do...one is an infant seat and teh 2nd is a pacifier. Oh well...everyone needs to keep sane! lol!

We had music class today and doubled up b/c of the week we missed (Zen is 3 weeks today and was born on a Friday, our music class day). I'm exhausted from having to nurse eitehr one or the other kid today. I feel thats basically all i did while there. I hope this part gets easier!
#156 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post

I think it just depends on teh person, and the birth. DP actually wanted to wait for 6 weeks! lol! I was like "uh, no!!!". I did wait over 2 weeks though....we celebrated after the election! lol!

lol! we did the post election celebration dance too!
#157 of 165 Old 11-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
Question for those of you who had out of hospital births-- when did you file your baby's birth certificate? I need to call for the appointment for next week, but don't feel like there's a hurry.

Have a good rest of the day, mamas, and I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
My appointment is for the 18th, so almost 1 month after the birth. It was a bit later for DS1. My mw has to go with us and she does a bunch of appts the same day. I didn't do the SSN for DS1 for quite a while though; will have to do it sooner with this one because of taxes (DS1 was born in March so I was able to wait).

Quote:
This one doesn't mind the car at all, but DD was miserable. We would purposely drive on the bumps in between the lanes sometimes as it calmed her for a second. That, and with DS1 (who also did not like the car), we would stop at lights a bit back and then slowly inch the car up so it would bump him. That way he would think the car was still moving. Does that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple07 View Post
Whoo hoo, 22 years old today!!!
Happy birthday mama!

Still no name here. DH is dead set on naming him Koa, but I want to name him Jude (Ezra was my other top name, but DH really doesn't like it). Hoping to convince him to compromise on Jude Koa Hee LastName. We'll see. . .

Baby is gaining well. He was up to 10 lbs 4 oz at 1 week old after dropping down to 9 lbs 8 oz at 2 days old. We'll see his weight this coming Tuesday, but I can tell he's gaining as his thighs and upper arms are getting chubbier.
#158 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 AM

:: Mary Ann!!

I'm a November baby, too!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#159 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibut View Post
It's funny, because she pretty much can't be put down during the day, even for naps. But she has no problems spending the night in her crib. Maybe it's because we get up and respond to her immediately if she makes noise, so hopefully she doesn't feel abandoned.
I've found that putting my baby down on her tummy helps immensely with daytime naps : Before I get flamed, I have a bassinet for her in the main living area so she's in my direct sight on a regular (if not constant) basis while she naps. She's fine to sleep on her side at night, and spends a good chunk of the night in bed with us anyway.

Quote:
Question - Who has had Mirena? I'm getting one and have been told that it's mighty uncomfortable to have put in. I'm sure it won't compare with childbirth but I'm starting to have anxiety about it.
I had the Paragard and basically ditto the PP who said to take some ibuprofen. It felt like a little more than mild menstrual cramps for 24-ish hours after for me. As far as the insertion, the sounding hurt worse than the actual insertion itself. Just one brief, strong cramp and it was done.

Anyone know if I should wait longer than my 6 wk pp visit to have mine put in since I had a c/s? I don't know if that makes a difference.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#160 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 01:53 AM

AAH! I'm so happy I just have to share. My homebirth cost $6250 out of pocket, and a percent was to be covered by insurance. We weren't sure how much they would really cover. Well, we got the check from insurance today - they paid $4000! Woo hoo! How great is that?!?

Second thing - and this is really interesting - I ordered 2 nursing bras today from Bravado b/c I've heard they are really good bras. Well. I measured myself to make sure I ordered the right size. 36D?!? Holy crap. I've been wearing 36B! No wonder they feel tight!

Anyways, to chime in on the conversation - Nora HATES her carseat unless we are driving or taking a walk. If she's moving, she's ok with being in the seat itself. We have a Graco Snugride.

We tried Gripe Water tonight, not sure if it worked but seems like lullabies work! Nora's been a pill the past week from 10 pm to 2 am, not sleeping, screaming and grunting. She's got her days and nights reversed. She sleeps ALL DAY. Nurses, then sleeps for 3 hours, all day long. It's great for me b/c I can nap, clean the house, do laundry, go online. But nightime SUCKS. So, any advice how to get her back on track??

Thanks for the advice about the ibuprofen. I'll be sure to do that before I go for the insertion!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#161 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 10:23 AM

:

We DTD!!!!!! Haha! No candles, beer, (or razor), but I did manage the pretty nightie. It was very good.

::

off to read the thred now, this is me this morning. . .

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#162 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 11:16 AM

well, we used the swaddle me in the car seat- it has holes so you can buckle them in- and that plus a paci works every time. Milo justdoesn't like being in thatr semi seated position w/o being very snug.

Carrie- no wonder you got mastitis!!! tight or ill fitting bras account for a ridiculous percentage of cases. GL!

Tara- where did you order a 36 G?

anyone else wearing nursing tops? I'm really long, and I have huge boobs, so I rea;ly NEED the coverage. I need some ideas/reveiws. . .

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#163 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 AM

yeh! i have 2 hands to type!!! my 10 yo is playing w/ teh baby (he's teaching him how to play the bongo drums..yeh, at 3 weeks! lol!). i RARELY get 2 hands to type anymore and 1 hand typing makes my wrists hurt.

i do read what is going on in these threads and try to respond but i just have such a hard time b/c i type w/o looking at the keyboard and w/ 1 hand, i cant do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysunshine View Post
Still no name here. DH is dead set on naming him Koa, but I want to name him Jude (Ezra was my other top name, but DH really doesn't like it). Hoping to convince him to compromise on Jude Koa Hee LastName. We'll see. . .

Baby is gaining well. He was up to 10 lbs 4 oz at 1 week old after dropping down to 9 lbs 8 oz at 2 days old. We'll see his weight this coming Tuesday, but I can tell he's gaining as his thighs and upper arms are getting chubbier.
i think your son and mine were 2 of the larger babies. I am wondering (occassionally) if Zen is going to level out w/ my other 3 kids that were about a pound lighter. at 3 weeks, he's now 11 lbs. 2 ounces. I woudl have suspected him to be closer to 12 lbs. (we have a home scale that i weigh him on about once a week).

we had such a hard time w/ our son's name. We had 3 different middle names and wanted to use both our last name...something just had to go (of course it was my last name but i offered it up just to get the issue resolved).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
I've found that putting my baby down on her tummy helps immensely with daytime naps : Before I get flamed, I have a bassinet for her in the main living area so she's in my direct sight on a regular (if not constant) basis while she naps. She's fine to sleep on her side at night, and spends a good chunk of the night in bed with us anyway.
you wont get flamed by me. i allow my kids to sleep however they are most comfortable, whether it is back, tummy, whatever....

Quote:
AAH! I'm so happy I just have to share. My homebirth cost $6250 out of pocket, and a percent was to be covered by insurance. We weren't sure how much they would really cover. Well, we got the check from insurance today - they paid $4000! Woo hoo! How great is that?!?

Second thing - and this is really interesting - I ordered 2 nursing bras today from Bravado b/c I've heard they are really good bras. Well. I measured myself to make sure I ordered the right size. 36D?!? Holy crap. I've been wearing 36B! No wonder they feel tight!

Anyways, to chime in on the conversation - Nora HATES her carseat unless we are driving or taking a walk. If she's moving, she's ok with being in the seat itself. We have a Graco Snugride.

So, any advice how to get her back on track??
wow! im exactly opposite on the MW bill (though our insurance didnt cover it b/c well, we went rogue! lol! i just got another $800 bill from her and was expecting something around $300. Im just going to pay it b/c of course it was worth every penny but it was a bit of a surprise.

i really thought my boobs were as big as they were going to get with ds3 and the fact that i still nursed him during pregnancy. I was a 36 D then. NO???? 36 E. OMG...since it goes D, DD and then E, that is 2 cup sizes of growth. NONE of my shirts fit b/c they are all too short for my huge boobs and end up above the top of my pants. Im getting annoyed at it.

Zen isnt happy in his car seat even when moving. As much as I hate them, i have intro'd a pacifier for the car seat b/c i just cant handle the screaming and we dont have a choice...we have to go places. Being #4 definitely leads to a different type of parenting than when you are born earlier. I am feeling a lot of guilt about that too but I guess I have to deal with it (its cultural too..my mom is the QUEEN of guilt so i think i inherited it from her! lol!).

as far as geting back on track, I have an arrangement with a friend where we visit each other once a week for a few hours and the other one is able to do whatever they want for those few hours (her son is a year old and she just does NOT get a break). This week I went and Zen slept in the MT or in the bassinet the whole time. BIG MISTAKE. I was playing with my ds3 and her son so considered that a good thing but it was NOT. It was the ONLY night since his birth that he nursed more than once at night. So, my advice is to at least wake babies during the day every 2-3 hours to nurse. i usually say dont wake a sleeping baby (and definitely dont at night if weight gain is good) but considering how important sleep is to me, I do make sure Zen nurses every few hours during the day (its USUALLY not a problem...as he nurses more than once an hour for most of the day...small price to pay IMHO for the ability to have a good night's sleep).

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
:

We DTD!!!!!! Haha! No candles, beer, (or razor), but I did manage the pretty nightie. It was very good.

::

off to read the thred now, this is me this morning. . .

congrats!!! we didnt have candles or any wine or anything but we did have a great margarita to celebrate the election and i think that put him in the mood (which thankfully he's been in ever since! lol!). razor??? haahaah! yeh, i need to get on that i guess! lol!

here's to all those good hormones flying around!
#164 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 11:51 AM

Hmmmm.....

can I just say, happiness is a fuzzy hiccupping bundle of sweetness!

aahhhhh. . .

Niemals Gewalt
#165 of 165 Old 11-08-2008, 01:46 PM

I got some Boiron Cocyntal for DS instead of gripe water. I think it works. I saw that gripe water has fructose in it and didn't really like that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page