Weekly Postpartum Chit Chat and Support 11/8-11/14 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 130 Old 11-14-2008, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PW - I saw it, it's really gorgeous!! I love my Moby too so it's gorgeous and a wonderful wrap. Don't think I could spring for another carrier right now though

Carrie - Just be comforted to know you're not alone. Galen spent almost the entire day screaming a couple of days ago and I felt myself getting really, really angry and just plain *tired* of hearing it. And he's my 4th! I was able to "step back" and realize there were a lot of things going on that were hampering my ability to cope with him - a big one being my mom is here and though I love her, she is seriously messing up our routine. I need our routine and so do our bigger kids. Yesterday I just called and told her I'd pick her up in the afternoon because the kids and I both needed a routine moring and a good naptime. I also realized I hadn't showered for a couple of days so this morning Galen was sleeping - I gave the kids each a slinky I'd bought before the birth and put up - told them to let Galen sleep in the Amby, and went and got in the shower. Anyways, making sure needs like these are honored and taken care of really helped me. You may be able to step back and see some simple things you can do to help you through the more fussy periods Nora has.

AAM - I am dead tired. My mom is here and like I said above, our routine got put through the ringer. I also suspect my mom brought a cold with her because all of my kids now have colds...including Galen. It has been a little scary for me to listen to him being so congested. He seems be to clearing the mucous fine on his own but he's restless at night. I was able to prop him up with me on my pillow last night to get some sleep but I am starting to feel several nights of sleep deprivation. It's tough. I am so, so thankful that I froze meals before he was born because that's been a big help. Next week I'm going to insist to my mom that we honor my family's regular routine a little bit more. DH also offered to take her and the big kids out to do some of the shopping she wants to do tomorrow and I may take him up on that so Galen and I can just be home and hopefully help him get over this cold. Thankfully I don't have it thus far.

Haven't had a ton of time to be on the forums because DH and I have been going to bed a bit early the past few nights. But aside from the above complaints we are both enjoying Galen a lot. He is so beautiful. I'm excited because we're sending out photo announcements - something I've never been able to afford before. We got some absolutely stunning shots of all the kids and our designer put together a gorgeous annoucement. I'm thrilled.

We're also EC'ing with Galen and that is going super. He is so cute sitting over his little chamber pot, he just relaxes back into my arms and gets really mellow. It's so sweet!! We do get lots of wet diapers but no dirty ones for several days - he has a definate preference for using the pot!

And...just have to share... last night DH had Galen in the sling and was dancing with him to different songs. "Puff the Magic Dragon" came on, which is one of DH's favorites and he sings with the kids a lot. Well as he was singing it to Galen he started crying and it was just so, so sweet. I know he never thought he'd sing it to a child of his own, and I'm so happy we have Galen together. He's an amazing Daddy to my big ones and I love that I get to watch him parent Galen from birth

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#122 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, question...does your baby's poop stain? I mean after you have sprayed the stain...does it come out in the wash?

Yes, I know this is my third baby...I should know that by now. But my other 2 have never stained this bad! I can't get them out...no matter how hard I try.

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#123 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 02:29 AM

Marci is it clothes that's stained or diapers? We haven't had many (crosses fingers) clothing poop incidents so I'm not sure if it comes out of those. I don't 'spray' my cloth diapers for stains.... but yes they are very very stained.

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#124 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 AM

i know i shoudlnt have but i just ordered that Born Free Moby. oh well.....its been up on my computer for over a week so it wasnt a spur of the moment thing..i really wanted it! lol!

Skrimpy, we are in the same situation...this is our first together. DP is awesome with the other kids and has parented my toddler since before a year but Zen is his first child and its incredible seeing it. He was slinging him last night when i had been touched out all night..and he didnt even care that the carrier had flowers on it. i do have another one though that has no flowers so i think ill pull that one out for him (the fleece is just so warm inside).

does anyone else have a hammock? we were going to get an Amby but a friend of mine makes baby hammocks. I have a pix of it here: http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/DSCN4336.jpg

Zen sleeps well but i have to say that he sleeps even better when we swaddle him and put him in the hammock. Its so nice to have that time in the beginning of the night when ds3 is in the crib section (we side car his crib) and Zen is in the hammock. Its just bliss! lol!

i finally got our stuff together enough to order the birth announcements (Zen is 4 weeks yesterday). This is the pix we are going to use: http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/DSC_0232.jpg

Anyone else stressing about TDay? My DP's family is about the most unorganized when it comes to preplanning and Im the opposite. I need to relax! lol!
#125 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 01:20 PM

PW I hope you enjoy the Born Free wrap, if I hadn't just bought a wrap off eBay and wasn't also bidding on another... I might think about it LOL! I'm such a baby wearing addict/collector .. I've done it before with my other kids and eventually end up selling off the extra ones that I don't end up liking/using lol.

AAM: Samuel slept from 5:30pm-9:30pm in the wrap while I cooked, helped get the bigger kids to bed and napped even, but then Samuel was sooooo fussy after that last night. From 9:30pm-12am he wouldn't sleep, he ate a couple of times during that time and fussed the rest. I finally put my nursing night gown on and got out the fleece wrap... stuck him in it and walked for a few minutes and he was FINALLY out! He slept till 3:30am in the wrap (I slept in the recliner with him wrapped on my chest lol). I think he's getting addicted to the wrap lol, oh well.... he did go back to sleep at 4am by himself (for only 2hrs though) before he needed me again.

I'm jealous of those of you who have nursing bras that fit, I'm still struggling along in mine that are to small, and getting really uncomfy/tired of it too! I'll have to give up and leave the house to find some that fit soon lol.

DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#126 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post
Marci is it clothes that's stained or diapers? We haven't had many (crosses fingers) clothing poop incidents so I'm not sure if it comes out of those. I don't 'spray' my cloth diapers for stains.... but yes they are very very stained.
Both are staining very bad. If I use a fleece liner then it helps a bit, but still the legs gussets of my covers are permanently yellow. I truly haven't had this happen before.... Her onesies are all pretty much ruined. Such a bummer!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#127 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post

I'm jealous of those of you who have nursing bras that fit, I'm still struggling along in mine that are to small, and getting really uncomfy/tired of it too! I'll have to give up and leave the house to find some that fit soon lol.
I got one of those bravado body silk bras the other day and love it. I'm a pretty average size right now...36D but it's a fabulous bra and worth every penny.
#128 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
i know i shoudlnt have but i just ordered that Born Free Moby. oh well.....its been up on my computer for over a week so it wasnt a spur of the moment thing..i really wanted it!

Oh, I saw that a while back but didn't want to order it before the birth... would have just been sad if i'd ended up with another section or something. Now, i've had my UC but DS really loves the mei tai. Oh well, enjoy it!
#129 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 06:48 PM

I have a question about babywearing...
We live in southern California and we're going through a bit of a heatwave. We've gone out a couple times with a Moby and Mei Tai wrap and both are just SO HOT. I only put a onesie on him and he comes out drenched with sweat. He sleeps really well in the wraps and hates being in the stroller so I'm not sure what to do! I just worry about him overheating.
#130 of 130 Old 11-15-2008, 08:29 PM

A new weekly thread has been started: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=999396

As for babywearing in the heat I've heard solarveil slings are the 'best' for heat.. very light weight.. otherwise maybe get one made out of gauze would be light and strong too.

Marci I'm sorry things are staining so badly, for kid clothes I use a Shout stain treatment, though I've heard of a toddler stain treatment that works great too (never tried it). Some of my diaper covers are staining a bit too, I'm 'trying' not to care about the diapers though it's hard, hopefully I can sun them when it's nice out sometime.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page